PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Mithras
10-12-2007, 23:26
K downloaded 7.0 IB, I'm using Total war era spo I've sent the programe o this file instead:

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

but once installed I get this on screen in a perpetual loop

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Odin234/error.jpg

And when I try to play it this comes up
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Odin234/error2.jpg

Help please

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
10-18-2007, 17:30
K downloaded 7.0 IB, I'm using Total war era spo I've sent the programe o this file instead:

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

but once installed I get this on screen in a perpetual loop

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Odin234/error.jpg

I assume you quit during the 'perpetual loop'. only solution is to install IBFD again, and this time don't quit during the 'perpetual loop' that is a .bat file that is copying your whole bi folder then transferring the IBFD files to the new folder. in my machine that can take up to half an hour.

And when I try to play it this comes up
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Odin234/error2.jpg

Help pleaseassuming you discontinued the set-up then this is not a strange thing at all. you are trying to run vanilla BI w/out any unit models :smiley2:

Jacob Debroedere
10-19-2007, 17:06
This seems to be the problems tread, so I gues i'll post mine here. I recently downloaded 7.0, and I have only played a few turns. When playing the Romano-British I switched to the western roman empire for some strange reason after 2 or 3 turns. I got a CTD when hitting the end turn button when playing as the sassanids.

Mithras
10-19-2007, 18:03
I seem to have resolved the issue myself, eventually the pc loop ended for whatever reason and now it runs fine.

Jacob Debroedere
10-20-2007, 11:56
I forgot to download the patch. No more problems now.

Hound of Ulster
10-30-2007, 00:18
I had some problems with CTD when fighting rebels on the battlemap. I think it was because of the fact that the disc of RTW/BI that my install of IBFD works with has been used heavily, but its better to be safe than sorry. It might be a prblem with the mod itself

Hound of Ulster
11-10-2007, 05:40
I had to drop this mod. It was too buggy. The game CTD whenever I attempted to fight a battle with the Visigoths, in addition to the problems Imentioned in my first post. And you took out the Celts!?

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
11-11-2007, 17:59
I had to drop this mod. It was too buggy. The game CTD whenever I attempted to fight a battle with the Visigoths, in addition to the problems Imentioned in my first post.
sorry about that - nothing I can do about that, it works for some it doesn't for others. I just hope u don't have EB installed (as u mentioned) in same RTW folder as that will definitely cause you problems.

And you took out the Celts!?
which Celts? Celts is a very general term. The gauls are celts (gone by this era) The Iberians were celts (also gone) the Picts are Celts (ahhh... there we are) , so were the Gaels (who later invaded Scotland and were called Scots) - we wouldn't want them occupying same faction slot as their fellow celts but very different Picts, now, do we... that would be like lumping the Alamanni, the Burgundii, and the Francii into 'Germans'.:confused:

chriliph71
11-12-2007, 16:10
Hi Ramon,

First of all allow me to congratulate you on a wonderful mod.

Secondly I to have a problem. I have the IFBD 7.03 mod installed, in a clean drive, and have a save game which consistently crashes to the desktop during the Sassanid AI turn. In the Windows Application event log there is a useless error message; is there any useful error logging in the BI folder itself? How can I activate error logging? Are there any developer tools I can download to try to debug the error?

Or (being very cheeky) could I email you the .sav file by PM, and you could have a quick look?

I'm sorry if I'm being too pushy; I have come too far in this game (as the WRE) to give up because of a CTD, but can't seem to get past this point. I guess the Sassanids are doing somewhing inconsistent, but can't debug this any further.

Muchas gracias,

Chris,

Hound of Ulster
11-12-2007, 23:50
Nope, Europa Barborum was on a seperate directory from my last attempt to use IBFD. The mod just didn't like me for some reason.

Will the older versions of the mod be more stable for me? I ask this because I've noticed that links for v 7.4 and 7.5 of IBFD were annotated as 'unstable' on the post with the download links.