PDA

View Full Version : can't install the game, i get this error

PittBull260
10-16-2007, 20:37
I try to isntall the mod and it gets about halfway done and then this pops up

"Hellenic Total war has not been totally installed because of the following reason:
Textures/Men/Dervish/Dervish_H.bif: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install Hellenic Total War"

i tried it like 5 times and the same happens...how can i fix this?

thanks in advance

macsen rufus
10-17-2007, 12:37
Sounds as if you have a corrupted download - best bet is to download another copy and try afresh. Maybe compare the filesize of the two downloads first, if there was any corruption it would likely show up as different file sizes.

Where did you download from, by the way?

PittBull260
10-17-2007, 18:59
from here

http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/Hosted%20Mods/Hellenic%20Total%20War%20for%20MTW-VI

macsen rufus
10-18-2007, 10:50
Hmmm, that's odd - I had to re-download it for a new machine recently (well in the last few months) and it installed fine, so I doubt if what's actually on 3D is corrupted itself. It does strike me as strange though that an installer can work and have corrupted data. You'd expect it to kill the .exe outright :inquisitive: I still think the best option is to try a new download, though. Are you using any DL managers at all? Is it possible you had a snafu-ed pause/resume?