PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS/short discussion/thread 1

Maksimus
10-22-2007, 12:45
EB is one of the most prestige, interestnig, educating, smart, nicelooking and just beautiful 'public-free' creations out there in web cyberspace - and I realy mean it:yes: ... still one wicked like me can not be happy not even what:whip:

So,
I AM STARTING AN EB MOD PROJECT

I think i wil call it MAKS
note: do it wont alter much (most of it will be in txt scripts and realy minor tweaks)

I am starting to take steps and gathering some 'consensus' info from the community and EB creators for the sake of the future EB mod that is meant to be developed after 1.1 version (I think?)
(note: I hope that EB member 'The Persian Cataphract' from TWC comments here:yes: ;)

Thread 1 is devoted only to Campaign map INFO, Walls, Roads and high-end construction buildings!
What this means is that I would like comments and help from community and EB members (aside my historic atlas and books) in short drafts of factions:

CENTERS of: Military, Culture, Ports, Roads and Walls! (help) - if you can specify region please and have in mind that I personaly tend to give as much stone walls as possible :yes:

It is clear that EB team already made all historic as it can be:egypt: , but my mod is in a way different... Because it will tend to 'keep' big cities 'big' and 'small' towns 'small' whille not tending to implement CityMod - no:no: ! I will be doing things that I have done already in vanilla and my mods -
I will tend to give (through start_campaign and exp_desc_bildings:smash: ) more interesting game dymanics by PROLONGING the construction times of palaces, barracks:juggle2: , and other -big and important buildings- while some capitals or (AND HERE I NEED YOUR HELP) other maybe not so big towns will have army barracks or some big ports that are in a strategic position.

Short EXPLANATION (there will be more in this thread): I belive that a great number of factions are devaluated due to the EB way of 'guided' gameplay~:cool: , I just must make stone projectors and for example 'SShields' recroutable from the start for Seleucids or Macedona, and Companions too, that also goes for all 'wild' factions and Romani and all in generall -- I am going to make just some - or basicly just one! City where almost all will be able to be constucted from the start- other cities you will have to develop..

note: Personaly, I was thinking just to 'grandiose' already large towns and capitals... after all, often the wars source and their target were big centers of enemys army and culture (for cenuries unless some great and powerfull rulers create some newones - but that is so possible for small states)

Thank you for yout time..Second thread wil be dedicated to units..and those issues will be just to tweak their wxpirience and costs - also some rare skins realy..

be well my friends!

Admetos
10-22-2007, 12:53
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=129 :shrug:

Pharnakes
10-22-2007, 13:04
BTw, one little thing, you say you will give one city near complet development for every faction, but by no means all faction had complete development, take Maks as an example, the countries economic and military infrasructure was in complete chaos and dissary, following the invasions of the Galatians, and then Phyros's sacking of Pella. Therefore, it would not be right to give Pella a royal barracks, complete docks, ect ect.

Maksimus
10-22-2007, 13:21
BTw, one little thing, you say you will give one city near complet development for every faction, but by no means all faction had complete development, take Maks as an example, the countries economic and military infrasructure was in complete chaos and dissary, following the invasions of the Galatians, and then Phyros's sacking of Pella. Therefore, it would not be right to give Pella a royal barracks, complete docks, ect ect.

Yes, I would not give them royall, but Army lets say, I think that other cities could have Royall -- maybe Antioch or Seleucidia, Alexandria, I realy wanted to give Royall barracks to Seleucids (in Antioch), Imperiall palace to Alexandria maybe, and Army barracks to Pella or Corint? yes?

And what about Roma? Army would be nice... also, If I dont give royalls I can at least tweak -- stone projectors to be available at the start for some factions ...

But, are thre proff that Antigonos G didnot have SShields or Companions, I am sure he had and Even during the siege of Athens -- he had stone projectors. right?

Admetos
10-22-2007, 13:26
Antigonos does have Companions, perhaps you've never fought a battle as the Makdonians, its thier bodyguard, and I promise you, two general's units of companions are plenty.

Maksimus
10-22-2007, 13:36
Antigonos does have Companions, perhaps you've never fought a battle as the Makdonians, its thier bodyguard, and I promise you, two general's units of companions are plenty.

Yes I know, I play with Makednija on VH And I am going to play one importan battle to destroy Dacia realy (theirs 4000 to mine 1500 - and I know there are plenty, I have 3 generals there and 5 phalanxes + 3 classic hoplite -)

But that is not the point - I would like to Make Company able to be recruited and maybe that will be two turns... If not I will tend to give them Hit points 2 and other generals to..

But I am sure that all the units we have an option to built were actually a part of the same armieas and factions from the start - ofcourse not in big numbers - that is why I will make such a dynamics that will make game interesting (as I have already) if you have large towns and army barracks --
Also, and this is very important - I will make some structures (barracks at the least) ussefull for other factions and maybe I will implement (as I already have) -- Options for 'wilds' so if they win and have control of Hellenic barracks - they will then wahe hellenic UNits!

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=129

And yes. I will move to that post after generall discussion is done - sorry,
Butm the mod is not in project start this is just a general short discusion..:yes:

Maksimus
10-22-2007, 19:16
Well, since there are so many replies on this thread:whip:
I will do it my way.. and.. let me just post -- the only ones in my campaign that have pavedroads are Gauls... So I am adding moch of paved roads to Hellenes and some to Romans.. I am sure that there were always paved roads in a large area that was under the Greeks... But at the start.. not a single actually:inquisitive:

Any comment or sugestion would be very well regarded.... no?
Please dont make me post on TWC... I like this forum.. all EBs are here :shame:

I have no chance :no: - still it will be done :yes:

Malik of Sindh
10-23-2007, 03:49
I understand how you must feel,no one commented on my first attempt at modding.(jk,i don't care really,i just thought British invasion of India sounds funny).You should not post in TWC since the modding and gameplay guide subforums are very quet there,but it might attract more suggestions.

Maksimus
10-23-2007, 19:37
Well, I think I will make the mod and then write about it realy.. thank you for support:yes: