PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! 2000 Post Landmark

Bwian
10-22-2007, 21:28
Providing me with a flimsy excuse to post a rundown of what we have done so far, and what we have collected together.

Factions:

Dwarves
Warrior
Heavy Warrior
Miner
Crewmen
Longbeards
Slayer
Iron Breakers
Hammerers
Quarrellers
Thunderers
Standard Bearer
Musician

Also made a bolt thrower and put placeholders in for the other siege weapons

Vampire Counts
Zombie
Skeleton Militia
Skeleton swordsman
Spearmen with funky coffin lid shields
Skeleton javelinman
Halberdier
Wights ( not Grave Guard ... these will be more 'special' )

Plenty more to do, but getting there with the Vampires

Tomb Kings
Personal favourites.....
Basic troops
Spearmen
Archers
Swordsmen
Light Cavalry
Heavy Cavalry
Tomb Guard
Bone Giants
Tomb Swarm
Banners and musicians are also done.

Chariots being attempted, and this will really make this faction special!

Orcs
Alletun is working on these, and we already have a basic warrior and a black orc heavier unit. More greenskins on the way, and I need to get these guys incorporated into the main mod file.

Empire
Halberdiers
Spearmen
Militia Archers
Free Company
Swordsmen
KrazySigmarite has done a few more to add to this list, and I have high hopes the more Elite units will be as sound as the ones I already have incorporated in the mod!

Chaos
Each of the four Chaos factions has basic marauder units, horsemen marauders and a basic chaos warrior. Officer and upgraded marauders have been done for Khorne only so far.

We have a part built map, which we will need to get finished off...and we have a basic mod setup which has had as much of the unwanted stock units pulled out to clean it up. We have Dwarf skeletons in the pack, Orc skeletons to go in, and some upscaled units for impact in several factions. Also under construction right now is a Skaven skeleton, complete with a tail.... can't wait.

We have fully functional officer and standard bearer units for all factions, plus we have some strat map models done for ships. Also, we have reactivated the dogs/pigs which will be used for Squigs on one side, and probably giant rats for the Skaven. Tomb swarms and bat swarms will also be about and making their contributions once I clear up the issues with preventing them ending up pushing a siege ram!

So...there we have it! Much work still to do, but much work already done.

Enthes
10-22-2007, 23:56
nice to have a thread which shows what stage the mods at keep it updated :yes:

lol i would love to see tomb swarms pulling a ram or climbing ladders. Isn't there an attribute for it as the elephants dont climb ladders

Jubal_Barca
10-23-2007, 06:23
isn't there just an equivalent of RTW's can_sap for you to disable?

Jargon
10-23-2007, 10:23
Good speed to Warhammer Mod!

A Norseman
10-23-2007, 14:21
A much needed uppdate to your eager fans!

How about the high elfs? you have made the basic spearman too havent you?

Richdog
10-23-2007, 15:13
Bwian, you make me want to be with a better man. I can't wait until this is released... I just keep checking every week praying I find a demo release. Truly awesome work.

Dogman55
10-23-2007, 20:29
Awesome indeed! Every screenshot and bit of progress is lifeblood. Can't wait to see Scaly Hides grace these forums... Question: What was that pig thing you said you activated again?

Bwian
10-24-2007, 09:12
In RTW, you had wardogs and incendiary pigs. These were linked to a handler model. The code is still there in M2TW, and we are going to use it for Squigs, and possibly some other unit. Sadly...as with RTW, you can only have 1 dog and 1 pig replacement.... which means only 2 types of creature can be used in this way.

Myrddraal
10-25-2007, 14:23
Are the limitations on handler to wardog ratio still there? If not I can think of some awesome ideas :evilgrin:

DrZoidberg
10-25-2007, 16:16
I think it's safe to say that this mod will definitely fly at one point. No matter if it's perfect or not, the doubters have all lost any bets they might have placed.

yay :)

Bwian
10-25-2007, 17:36
Myrrdraal ... I don't think they have changed the code sadly...

Taranaich
10-26-2007, 20:28
Tomb swarms and bat swarms will also be about and making their contributions once I clear up the issues with preventing them ending up pushing a siege ram!

Erm, forgive me for being silly, but what would stop swarms from pushing rams? I can imagine swarms of beasties pushing a ram with sufficient heft to get it to a wall. Unless it looks really ugly in game or something... :P

Enthes
10-26-2007, 23:59
it would look bad as it would be like 6 swarms pushing and the rest behind would look good if they surrounded the ram and pushed

SigniferOne
10-31-2007, 06:38
Bwian, I'm interested in more of the animations magic you're doing here. If Skaven are going to have tails, how will that not force you to re-do about 30-40 animations?

Bwian
10-31-2007, 09:26
SigniferOne .... it won't :dizzy2:

Since I plan on re-using the animation set for multiple units....the Lizards will use the same set as a core, for example ... it is worth my while.

In practice, as well, I don;t need to make a duplicate set of animations, since the stock units can use the same animations... just without the tail bones attached to anything!

Also... some of the anim ation sets won't have very much movement going on. Some will have more...but not all. It's a decision made to make the mod stand out!

Right now, though, I am struggling with the whole MS3D animation thing. I hate it...and hate the stupid 'extra frame' issue that it brings. There is a way to get anims into Max to use that, but I cannot get the resutling product to work once the thing is back in MS3D and ready for convertion to CAS. It looks fine in MS3D and plays great.... but it crashes when I convert it to CAS. :furious3: If I crack this.....then I will be sorted!

SigniferOne
10-31-2007, 20:40
Oh so you're making one big set of lizardy animations, to be used by Lizards and skaven etc?

messenger
11-04-2007, 11:33
This mod looks absolutely fantastic, I really hope you manage to keep it going and don't run out of steam like the Rome Total War one did.
Your models look fantastic, I just hope you can keep up the good work.

Jubal_Barca
11-04-2007, 21:05
This mod looks absolutely fantastic, I really hope you manage to keep it going and don't run out of steam like the Rome Total War one did.
Grr... Don't call my mod steamless... :furious3:

(Check the WHTW1 subforum here, we're closing in on beta status).

Spankfurt
11-05-2007, 05:12

I think hes refering to the old warhammer one for Rome : )

Jubal_Barca
11-05-2007, 19:28
Yes, my mod IS the old warhammer one for Rome...

Just with 9 factions and more underway, a beta nearly released, and a mod team which is pathetically small because nobody believes we exist...

Bwian
11-05-2007, 20:17
Hey..Jubal... I believe you exist!

How did you get on with the zipfile I sent? Anything of use in there?

Spankfurt
11-06-2007, 03:01
Ask Zapp about the old Rome total war one.

messenger
11-06-2007, 18:18
Grr... Don't call my mod steamless... :furious3:

(Check the WHTW1 subforum here, we're closing in on beta status).
The one I saw had it's forum die, infact I am pretty sure the forums disappeared.
It's nice to know that somebody took the old team's work and carried it on (or did the old team decide that Mark of Chaos wasn't threatening after all and carried on?)

Regardless, I have best wishes for this Warhammer mod and the RTW one.

Also long time no see spanky ;).

Jubal_Barca
11-06-2007, 18:48
Hey..Jubal... I believe you exist!

How did you get on with the zipfile I sent? Anything of use in there?

2 new factions, thanks...

I didn't feel sticking the lizard in on its own would make a faction sadly, but With a couple reskins we have 6 Tk units & captain, and 3 Orc units now!

So there. I'm alive! w00t!

Zapp
11-07-2007, 17:49
Ask Zapp about the old Rome total war one.
They got all our finished and unreleased stuff to make their own release. I wouldn't really call it "the original mod" if I were Jubal since there's no one from the old team there, but I don't really care about that.

Jubal_Barca
11-07-2007, 18:16
Would you rather I didn't? I've been taking the view that it's the old mod with a new team, but if you want me not to say that I'm OK with it.