PDA

View Full Version : Prove to me thy worthiness!

PershsNhpios
10-25-2007, 11:21
I am a very active participant of the Europa Barbarorum sector of this forum.
However, tonight, through boredom, I have strayed here on the mention of the name Invasio Barbarorum.
Because of the similarity in latin titles, I was curious to see if this was the same team developing a mod for Barbarian Invasion.

If there are any "E.B." supporters amongst you here, and I am sure there are, could you give me your opinions of the mod, compare as much as possible it's historical accuracy to that of EB's, and recommend it to me?

I will of course, in the mean time, search for information on what this mod brings, but I would like to hear from players themselves, especially since they know what my taste in this gameplay is.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
10-25-2007, 15:20
I am a very active participant of the Europa Barbarorum sector of this forum.
However, tonight, through boredom, I have strayed here on the mention of the name Invasio Barbarorum.
Because of the similarity in latin titles, I was curious to see if this was the same team developing a mod for Barbarian Invasion.
nope, we aren't connected in any way with EB, though we use some EB resources (older animations, a few textures) with permission.

If there are any "E.B." supporters amongst you here, and I am sure there are, could you give me your opinions of the mod, compare as much as possible it's historical accuracy to that of EB's, and recommend it to me?

I will of course, in the mean time, search for information on what this mod brings, but I would like to hear from players themselves, especially since they know what my taste in this gameplay is.I'll let others answer you here as I am a dev:smug2:

Mylae
10-25-2007, 18:23
ok, i'll collect some opinion here :D

Kambiz, EB developer for Pahlava faction, is also our momber in advisor and monitoring Sassanid situation :D

I enjoy this mod quite a bit myself :) In fact IB has inspired some of the new Roman features I've designed in EB!
Zaknafien is an EB member

I think that originally poster hited it right when he said:
"The Europa Barbarorum of Barbarian Invasion. Invasio Barbarorum. Total conversion, total fun. That's my Invasio Barbarorum."
Really this mod gives similar depth, fun and atractivness to Barbarian Invasion as Europa Barbarorum does to Rome Total war.

Wow i just downloaded this yesterday what an amazing mod! I was scared $#!%less by the Visigoth hordes in Italy when i started Imperium Romanum Occidentalis campaign. A worthy sequel to EB

I will download it and play it as soon as possible !

Thank God there are so good mods, such as IBDF and EB !

I gave a try to your mod and was surprised how good it is, better than any other BI period mod so far. I've tested few battles to try the challenge, do you use any formation mod ?

TWCenter

Dear IBFD Team!

Ramon, Mylae and all of the members: your mod is the best among all of BI modifications that I have ever seen!!!!!!!!! I play with it about two years (from 6.0), and it is become better from step-by-step!

PershsNhpios
10-26-2007, 04:42
Testimonials are useful in moderation, I have grazed upon your stickied threads.
They are unclear to me, I can not decipher what is a mini-mod, what is an expansion, what is a patch and where I can learn more about the actual mod.

I have a dial-up modem, and so it was a trifling effort for me to try and read the player guide, which consisted only of large pictures.

Some players here are talking about their experiences of version 7.04, and yet that version is marked with a preview and 7.03 is the only seemingly available for download, which is a patch that must be applied to version 7.0 I would imagine.
The use of abbreviations like IBFD, IB being Invasio Barbarorum I can hopefully understand, but all these introductions are jumbled and unclear!

I do not want to make a mockery of your setup before I even hear of how your mod differs completely from Barbarian Invasion!

Please, either link me to something that allows for all my obvious questions to be answered, or if possible could it be written here briefly.
And if no EB member cares to respond, then perhaps a 'dev' should use his initiative and not his sly.

Thank you however for what is provided so far, but I have read the stickies and want not only the download but detail before I start it.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
10-26-2007, 16:52
maybe u can try the TWC Wiki
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Invasio_Barbarorum

Testimonials are useful in moderation, I have grazed upon your stickied threads.
They are unclear to me, I can not decipher what is a mini-mod, what is an expansion, what is a patch and where I can learn more about the actual mod.true, we need to get sub-forums set-up... in time. I also edited in the other info from the TWC downloads thread.

I have a dial-up modem, and so it was a trifling effort for me to try and read the player guide, which consisted only of large pictures.

Some players here are talking about their experiences of version 7.04, and yet that version is marked with a preview and 7.03 is the only seemingly available for download, which is a patch that must be applied to version 7.0 I would imagine.

these are the install instructions for IBFD 7+

1. make sure you have a fresh, unmodded install of RTW:BI
2. make sure you upgrade BI to v1.6
3. Run and install IBFD7 to the root directory
4. Run and install the upgrade to the root directory (you can use JSGME for the patch if desired).

and this is just below the DLs entry

ABANDONED:
THE FOLLOWING VERSIONS HAVE BEEN ABANDONED DUE TO INSTABILITY BUT ARE MADE AVAILABLE FOR DL.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !
IBFD7.05a UPGRADE (147.54MB)
MIRROR 1 (Filefront):
http://files.filefront.com/IBFD7+705.../fileinfo.html
MIRROR 2 (Megaupload):
to be added later

IBFD7.04 UPGRADE (+IMPERIUM JULIANORUM) (143.24MB)
MIRROR 1 (Filefront):
http://files.filefront.com/IBFD7+704.../fileinfo.html

OK, I have to admit the stickies needed a lot of cleaning up, so u may have been reading an earlier downloads thread.

The use of abbreviations like IBFD, IB being Invasio Barbarorum I can hopefully understand, but all these introductions are jumbled and unclear!true, for people who have just recently come across us, IBFD means INVASIO BARBARORUM:FLAGELLUM DEI, the original name of the mod (ca. late 2005) but since in the timeframe Atilla (who is the Flagellum Dei) shouldn't be born yet, we dropped the FG part.

I do not want to make a mockery of your setup before I even hear of how your mod differs completely from Barbarian Invasion!Oh we made tons of colossal blunders like making the Goths and Vandals into Germans and putting the latter in Spain, giving the Sassanid Empire, well, an Empire... chucking the Sarmatians and Roxolanoi, making Romans that don't look anything like what hollywood has ever done; and oh, putting the Visigoths in front of Rome!!!:shocked3:

Please, either link me to something that allows for all my obvious questions to be answered, or if possible could it be written here briefly.
And if no EB member cares to respond, then perhaps a 'dev' should use his initiative and not his sly.
Thank you however for what is provided so far, but I have read the stickies and want not only the download but detail before I start it.
though I am a bit put off by the title you chose for your thread 'Prove to me thy worthiness!', indeed :angry: ... I am willing to consider that you have, as you say, a dialup modem and would be a bit hesitant to make a 323MB plus a 78MB download if you don't know what you're getting.

I gave you the link to the TWCWiki entry, which might be informative, plus I edited in the campaign infos from the DL thread in TWC, w/c would also provide a little more info. If you need more clarification, pls post your concern here, but there are just lots more things than can simply be answered by instaling the mod and trying it.

Wladyslaw IV
11-16-2007, 05:16
Whatever Glenn. (English puss ass)