PDA

View Full Version : beastmen

tito
10-28-2007, 12:36
is there any chance to have a beastmen faction?

Enthes
10-28-2007, 17:26
i think beastmen should be included with chaos and be a huge part of the rebel faction. That way hordes can appear all over the place :yes:

Bwian
10-28-2007, 18:21
I had planned them as a rebel troop type. It's possible, I suppose, to make them hirable as a mercenary unit ... but that would only be sensible if I could restrict which factions could use them that way.

I don't plan on them as a complete faction at this time. Not impossible to do them...but not currently planned.

A Norseman
10-28-2007, 19:08
Beastmen sounds like alot of trubble for only a minor faction, They wuld work great as a merceary tho..

Silly Knicket
10-28-2007, 19:50
In The Last Road mod, mercenaries are recruitable through a mercenary guild building, which makes it very easy to set faction limits for specific units.

Silly Knicket
10-28-2007, 19:53
I actually meant "The Long Road"
(obvious clarification ftw)

Taranaich
10-29-2007, 02:16
What beastmen units will be included? I suppose you'd have to have the basic Beast herds, maybe split them into Ungor Herds with spears and Gor Herds with maces and axes. Bestigors would be nice too, and Centigors/Dragon Ogres would be good for cavalry functions if they're not a total nightmare to animate. Minotaurs would make fighting rebel armies exciting and challenging too.

I suppose you could offer Beastmen as mercenaries or even regional recruitments for Chaos, maybe even the Skaven due to their shared humanoid/bestial nature and worship of Chaos. You could then make more specific units like Khorngors for Khorne and Pestigors for Nurgle/Clan Pestilens.

Of course, it's probably better to have a few core Beast units and spend more time on the playable factions.:juggle2:

Pantsalot
10-30-2007, 18:36
We can't really have a beastmen faction without having
a wood elf faction first.. probaly would be better to just
make a building of some sort, prob call it a beastmen village
then just have beastmen warband as it's unit. Beastmen would
prob have to be very detailed so it should be one of the last
things put into the mod, or include them in another pack for the
released ver of the mod.

Enthes
10-30-2007, 19:00
We can't really have a beastmen faction without having
a wood elf faction first.. probaly would be better to just
make a building of some sort, prob call it a beastmen village
then just have beastmen warband as it's unit. Beastmen would
prob have to be very detailed so it should be one of the last
things put into the mod, or include them in another pack for the
released ver of the mod.

i agree allthough they are not part of chaos armies maybe you could have a few units come from buildings but have the majority as mercinarys