PDA

View Full Version : BI elements of gameplay

marseu
10-29-2007, 11:50
Hi all

I have a simple request:

Can someone create a mod for EBwithBI, with the elements of gameplay of BI, like the loyalty and the spawning of rebel factions, and Horde ability.

Thank you.

Malik of Sindh
10-29-2007, 12:39
We are going to do most this for Asia ton Barbaron,but it will be released in beta only after minimum 4 months.I second your request.

Oh,and no rebel factions please.

Labrat
10-29-2007, 20:37
I am afraid loyalty and rebel factions are impossible in the current set-up. You see, for every rebel faction an existing faction has to be dropped. Both use faction slots, and there is only a limited number of those in R:TW (21, to be precise, and that includes any rebel factions as well as default eleutheroi "rebels").

LordCurlyton
10-30-2007, 01:40
Well you could make certain factions extant already AND be a rebel "shadow" faction, no? That would be perfect for the Arveni/Aedui bit, and possibly even Makedon/KH and/or Epeiros/KH, to represent the general recalcitrance of those peoples to stay conquered and united. And wouldn't Horde units require their own slot or could you just use faction units?

marseu
10-30-2007, 11:23
I think also that a rebel faction could fit very well behind roman faction, to simulate the danger of rebellion of many magistrates that made the history of rome, from the republic till the end of the empire.

The struggle for power over Rome could be recreated only by the loyalty and rebel faction I think.

Dumbass
10-30-2007, 17:03
I would love to see a hording mod for EB. It would simulate migrations that happened eg. Helvetii

Labrat
10-30-2007, 22:43
Well you could make certain factions extant already AND be a rebel "shadow" faction, no? That would be perfect for the Arveni/Aedui bit, and possibly even Makedon/KH and/or Epeiros/KH, to represent the general recalcitrance of those peoples to stay conquered and united. And wouldn't Horde units require their own slot or could you just use faction units?
Yes, but you are not going to get realistic shadow-factions for all factions. If you make the Seleucids shadows of the Ptolemies, whom are the Baktrians going to rebel to? The Saka? The same goes for the Romans. Yet the Bactrians had their internal problems as much as the Seleucids (and more than the Romans).

I think also that a rebel faction could fit very well behind roman faction, to simulate the danger of rebellion of many magistrates that made the history of rome, from the republic till the end of the empire.

The struggle for power over Rome could be recreated only by the loyalty and rebel faction I think.
I don't think that's going to happen, and for the following reason: the Romans had very little problems with civil wars compared to their Hellenic neighbours. It's unhistorical to have Roman general defect all the time while their Hellenic counterparts stay loyal to the end, when in fact the opposite was true until the social wars.

I would love to see a hording mod for EB. It would simulate migrations that happened eg. Helvetii
Except that of the current factions only the Suebi actually managed a horde. I also don't think it would work for any but the nomadic factions, given EB's recruitment system.

sixela
10-31-2007, 19:47
Hi all

I have a simple request:

Can someone create a mod for EBwithBI, with the elements of gameplay of BI, like the loyalty and the spawning of rebel factions, and Horde ability.

Thank you.

could somebody tell me how to run eb 1.0 from bi 1.6? All thread i read refer to eb0.81...

Admetos
10-31-2007, 21:12
Exactly the same method. :2thumbsup:

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
11-05-2007, 05:31
could somebody tell me how to run eb 1.0 from bi 1.6? All thread i read refer to eb0.81...
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88717

Click the link in that thread, download the thing and uncheck the "Shieldwall" option in the installer. Voila, instant EB with 1.6.