PDA

View Full Version : post Marian campaign request

icydawgfish
11-04-2007, 03:57
I was wondering if there were any plans for a mini mod centering on post Marian Rome. I love Rome, but not early Rome and I simply do not have the time to play EB enough to get there, and I do not have the modding skills to make a mini mod. I am picturing a campaign starting in 107bc (that was the year of the reforms, right?) with each faction having it's historic territory of the time, or being moved or removed from the map. For example, factions like Carthage could be moved and become the Numidians, and KH could become the Cimmerian Kingdom or the Attilids with new units of course. While other factions like Epeiros would be removed.

Power2the1
11-04-2007, 05:20
I might have something close, but not quite, to what you are looking for incase you missed it. You can play in the Imperial Era from the get go. It skips having to wait through the Camillian, Polybian, and Marian eras. Its rather unhistorical from the games time frame, but then again so is conquering parts of the map (Gaul, Dacia, Britain, etc...) non Imperial era types.

Heres the link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94653

icydawgfish
11-04-2007, 07:40
Yes, I looked at that, but I'm interested in a campaign that starts with the appropriate date, and appropriatee factional territories and troops. I did look at it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Admetos
11-04-2007, 17:54
You should really use the Forum Search, seeing there is a mini-mod that is exactly what you describe, although it hasn't been released yet because it was incorporated into the EB team.

Sarkiss
11-04-2007, 19:26
I was wondering if there were any plans for a mini mod centering on post Marian Rome. I love Rome, but not early Rome and I simply do not have the time to play EB enough to get there, and I do not have the modding skills to make a mini mod. I am picturing a campaign starting in 107bc (that was the year of the reforms, right?) with each faction having it's historic territory of the time, or being moved or removed from the map. For example, factions like Carthage could be moved and become the Numidians, and KH could become the Cimmerian Kingdom or the Attilids with new units of course. While other factions like Epeiros would be removed.
post Marian mod based on RTR with some EB features included. it is not 107 but 77 BC with all required changes in place.
just click on my sig bar.

Diamondj
11-10-2007, 04:16
post Marian mod based on RTR with some EB features included. it is not 107 but 77 BC with all required changes in place.
just click on my sig bar.
I'm trying to think of why they would chose 77 BC for the date to begin the campaign. There are basically three dates that most historians use as the beginning of the Roman Empire. The first and least common is 44 BC when Caesar was declaring dictator for life. The second and most common was 31 BC when Octavian defeated Marc Antony at Actium thus crushing the last real opposition to his rule, and the third is 27 BC when Octavian was given the title Augustus and the start of the first settlement.

Cheexsta
11-18-2007, 07:47
I'm trying to think of why they would chose 77 BC for the date to begin the campaign. There are basically three dates that most historians use as the beginning of the Roman Empire. The first and least common is 44 BC when Caesar was declaring dictator for life. The second and most common was 31 BC when Octavian defeated Marc Antony at Actium thus crushing the last real opposition to his rule, and the third is 27 BC when Octavian was given the title Augustus and the start of the first settlement.
Because 77BC marked the first of the Roman civil wars, the one between Marius and Sulla.

You know, the guys who are responsible for the reformed Roman army.

That kinda made it possible for power to be gained through civil war.

And set the first precedent for several consecutive consulships.

And set the first precedent for extended dictatorships.

77BC is an important date when considering the causes for the formation of the Roman principate, and was thus used as the first of the FMIR mods concentrating on the formation of the principate.