PDA

View Full Version : Pheraspidai - need to know your opinion

MiniMe
11-04-2007, 22:57
I love these guys. Going to extensively use them in my future Makedon campaign. They look really cool and are the only decent greeks not hiding behind spears.
The problem is - their current stats are somewhat low compared to their magnificent brethren Hypaspistai, though their status in successor armies according to unit descriptions was equal.

I'd like to know if any of you somehow changed their stats to better them without changing min delay between attacks(cause they are armed with usual swords not celtic) and armour factor(cause they don't look like they are wearing fullplate) and are you satisfied with the result.

thanx in advance

abou
11-04-2007, 23:11
They were due for a stat change that didn't make it in before 1.0. They use very fine mail/scale so feel free to increase the defense stats a bit to improve performance.

russia almighty
11-04-2007, 23:15
What would you suggest abou ?

TWFanatic
11-04-2007, 23:42
I actually left them the same, improving the Hypaspistai shield defense and morale by 1. I thought it odd that Pheraspidai are almost as good head-on and more flexible than Hypaspistai yet are available in an earlier barracks.

Pharnakes
11-05-2007, 10:13
Only for the Maks.

TWFanatic
11-05-2007, 14:51
They're available in the same barracks for other factions?

MiniMe
11-05-2007, 16:30
Maks and Baktria share the same native (Factional) MIC that's why when Baktria captures Demetrias or Pella (on condition they were Maks's property for a long time) they are able to instantly start recruit Pheraspidai there. Same thing if Mak captures Baktria capital.

Tellos Athenaios
11-05-2007, 16:52
@MiniMe: I thought Pheraspidai were Factionals?

MiniMe
11-05-2007, 19:26
terminology bit messed up.
In RecruitmentViewer Factional MIC is named "native" and Foreign MIC is named "regional", though I'd disagree on choice of words and let them be Factional and Foreign, since word "native" may have opposite meanings.

Pharnakes
11-05-2007, 22:23
Yes, I have often thought the terminology used is a bit counter intuitive.

Watchman
11-08-2007, 17:35
Don't quite recall what the Pheras' armour value is ATM (for assorted reasons I can't get to them files right now), but if it's not 12 amp it to that; these guys wear basically the same level of armour as the Thorakitai after all, if not of higher quality to boot. Also, it'd probably be justifiable to give them defense skill two points higher than the Hypaspistai have - write that down to agility, as if I've understood correctly these guys are basically Hypas (or equivalent, ie. Baktrioi Agema) with a different equipement kit with an eye towards maneuverability.

abou
11-09-2007, 18:16
What would you suggest abou ?
Watchman covered it quite nicely, actually.

Sorry for the late reply though.

Ludens
11-10-2007, 12:54
Thanks Watchman!