PDA

View Full Version : Lands to Conquer 4.0

Lusted
11-10-2007, 18:15
Lands to Conquer 4.1

Download
Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/Lands+to+Conquer+41/;9069954;/fileinfo.html)
Uploaded.to (http://uploaded.to/?id=xpinka)
Badongo (http://www.badongo.com/file/5189684)

Overview

Lands to Conquer 4.1 is a patch that fixes the following issues in 4.0:

-Enemy missile units not always firing in battles.
-Yerevan having castle buildings in High Era despite being a city.
-Innsbruck having city buildings in Late Era despite being a castle.
-Wrong number of provinces for Kingdom victory conditions for Mongols in Late Era.
-Crash relating to Mongols emerging in Early and High.
-Wrong price for Faiground(was 300, should be 3000).
-Error in money script for France.
-Tweaks to trade.
-Incorrect description Portugal in High Era.
-Incorrect text for New King of England event.

Lands to Conquer 4.0

Download

Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/Lands+to+Conquer+40exe/;9018837;/fileinfo.html)
uploaded.to (http://uploaded.to/?id=efbvp8)
Filefactory (http://www.filefactory.com/file/6e9e5b/)

Overview

Lands to Conquer is a mod that is aimed at improving the gameplay of Medieval II: Total War.

Version 4.0 of the mod uses the new Kingdoms expansion to add in new features and other things to improve the mod. Boiling oil, controllable reinforcements, unit balance, new rams and many other things from the expansion are added into LTC. LTC 4.0 also takes advantage of new modding possibilities available in the expansion to enhance the mods gameplay.

It also features improved Battle and greatly improved Campaign AI to provide better battles and an enhanced campaign experience. The AI is also used in Stainless Steel 5.1.

And also whilst it uses the Kingdoms.exe, it does not modify the Kingdoms campaigns, the mod just uses the .exes to bring over more features to the mod as it has it's own campaigns.

Find previews of the mod here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122505

Features

The big feature in Lands to Conquer is of course it's campaigns. It gets rid of the tutorial and Grand Campaigns from Medieval II: Total War, and instead replaces them with 6 others.

The Early, High and Late Era campaigns based on the Grand Campaign map from Medieval II: Total War are copied from the system in the original Medieval Total War. These provide campaigns starting in 1080, 1210 and 1320 respectively.

There are also The Hundred Years War, Italian City States and Reconquista campaigns featuring blown up parts of the Grand Campaign map. These regional campaigns feature more focused and diverse gameplay, and each one plays out differently and so compliment the campaigns based on the Grand Campaign map.

Installation Instructions:

You must have Medieval II: Kingdoms installed for Lands to Conquer 4.0 to work.

The installer will automatically find your Medieval II: Kingdoms folder, but if you want to you can change the directory for the mod to be installed into.

You can then run the mod from the desktop shortcut, Medieval II Lauincher, or from the start menu.

If you have Steam you will need to use the Medieval II Launcher to run the mod.

Unfortunately as i have the English version of the game, people with non-English versions may end up with some language problems.

Feature List:

The Campaigns
-Early, Late and High Era campaigns set on the Grand Campaign map. All start at different dates: Early 1080, High 1210, Late 1321. The factions in each campaign have different territories, different alliances and wars at the start. Settlement names also vary from Era to Era.

-Hundred Years War (1337 - 1450) : map featuring England, France and Scotland on an enlarged map focusing on that area. In this campaign it's all about war, and the gameplay of the campaign will be quite fast paced and a challenge to complete on Very Hard. There is little use for diplomacy in this campaign as all the factions hate each other. Finances are also quite tight. So you should have only a few stacks going around fighting battles and assaulting castles because of your low finances, and they will be assaulting probably because you'll be a bit pushed to meet the victory conditions near the end. The campaign is just 75 turns long to take 20 provinces. But it works well, and you can as always play beyond the end date. This campaign will be especially tough as the English, and easiest as the French.

-Reconquista (1146 - 1280) : Has Spain, Moors and Portugal on a blown up map of Spain. This campaign will last longer than the HYW campaign, and you'll have to take fewer provinces so will be slower paced. But there will be more emphasis on religion. With the increased effect of religious unrest in LTC, and this campaign focusing on the wars between the Christians and Moors in Iberia, use of priests/imans to convert the populations in provinces could be key to victory, otherwise the religious unrest could seriously hamper you. The 3 factions in it also have very similar fighting styles with good skirmishing light infantry and cavalry and a core of heavy cavalry and infantry. Once again with the factions not getting on very well with one another diplomacy will not be much use.

-Italian City States (1280 - 1450) : Venice, Milan, HRE, Sicily, Hungary and Papal States(unplayable) fight it out on an enlarged Italy map. The campaign with the most factions and least provinces, it is also the longest. There will be a clear cut superpower at the start, the HRE, but they will be disliked by the Pope so won't have things all their way. The smaller nations(Venice, Milan, Hungary) will be too weak at first to take on the HRE so getting in the Popes good books and using diplomacy well will help them towards victory. In the south Sicily will be large but weak, and will have to pass through Papal lands if it marches up mainland Italy. There will be more emphasis on city troops as those are the Italian factions specialities, and on diplomacy at first and conquest later.

Battlemap
-Improved ai coupled with a completely redone unit balance results in more challenging battles, and battles that feel more like the ones in the original Medieval: Total War.
-Terrain and weather also play more importance in battles.
-Boiling oil.

Campaign AI
-Stronger alliances, and allies which help each other more. This results in alliance blocs forming which also change over the course of the game.
-More logical changes to faction standings. So you and the AI will no longer always end up terrible and untrustworthy.
-More logical diplomacy, so it is now a more useful tool in the campaign.
-Rarer Catholic - Islamic alliances.
-Better AI sense of survivability. AI factions are more likely to want peace/vassal if being beaten/beaten badly.
-Better AI garrisoning settlements, and use of forces to guard it's borders.
-More aggressive AI v Independent Factions(eg the rebels from vanilla), so the AI expands much better early on and so the AI can create powerful nations.
-Better AI invasions. It will now build up more before attacking, and attack with more stacks, and stacks which have more units in them.
-Catholic factions less likely to attack each other, but still plenty of wars going on to give that Total War and Medieval experience.

Campaign map
-Campaign is 1.5 years per turn and so is longer than normal M2TW, and population growth, income and building times/costs have been changed in line with this.
-Increased effect of religious unrest, corruption and other factors mean that religion is more important and taking care of your characters.
-The difference between cities and castles has been more emphasised by increasing the number of recruitment slots in castles and free upkeep slots in cities, making cities make more money but buildings in cities more expensive, and troop producing buildings in castles are cheaper.
-Guilds have been chaged so there is more variety in the Guilds you get offered, and the bonuses they give.
-Fight more diversly named independent factions who replace the rebels.http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113894
-More historical province names to add more depth to the map.
-Teutonic order family system implemented for Holy Roman Empire and Venice.
-Forts which can have 2 units free of upkeep and cost more but are not permanent.
-New event messages when a faction gets a new leader.

Change List:

Battlemap:
-Unit stats taken from Medieval II: Kingdoms.
-Tweaked and improved ai and ai formations.
-Improved balance of missile units through their accuracy.
-Cavalry units made smaller and so are now more manouverable.
-Cavalry less effective in woods.
-Cavalry made slighty faster.
-Halbers and Pikemen march at same speed as other infantry.
-Increased effect of heat on western units.
-More varied speeds betwen units.
-Battles are slightly slower paced.
-13 new custom battle maps. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76887

Campaign Map:
-1.5 Year per turn, and dates shown on campaign map again
-Building construction times and cost increased so as to fit in best with 1.5 year per turn campaign.
-Unit recruitment changed. Units now replenish slower and elite units have smaller recruitment pools. Also units no longer recruited from walls or from castle upgrade buildings.
-AI money script added in that scales according to difficulty. Ai only gets money boosts on H and VH difficulties, and then more on VH than on H. The money boost is also subtle and helps make the ai more challenging.
-Tweaks to Guilds which result in more varied Guilds in the campaign. There will no longer be the Thieves Guild spam the ai does in vanilla.
-English Armoured Sergeants, Dismounted Broken Lances, Dismounted Gothic Knights and Dismounted Mongol cavalry units added into the campaign
-AI recruits better armies. They are more balanced and have more higher tier units in them.
-More variance in the date at which the Mongols and Timurids appear.
-Merchants make more money.
-Inquisitors made less powerful.
-Increased movement distance for armies and agents.
-More recruitment slots in castles.
-More free upkeep slots in cities.
-Recruitable generals(including dismounted generals for some western factions).
-Some unused dismounted merc units added into the campaigns
-Pirate and Rebel spawn rates reduced.
-New population levels required for each level of settlement.
-Distance to captial penalty increased slightly.
-Religious Unrest increased.
-Corruption increased.
-Income from trade increased, and population growth from trade decreased.
-Population growth from farms increased.

Graphical:
-37 new loading screens, a new splash screen and menu background.
-New faction selection maps and radar maps all campaigns.
-Castle models from Britannia campaign added for Catholic and Orthodox factions.
-Interface from Crusades campaign given to Muslim factions.
-Menu text brightened a bit to make it stand out more on the new background.
-Several new grass textures from Kingdoms added to mod.
-Flags no longer bounce when unit selected.

Credits:
A big thanks to the following modders who helped with the mod:

Wilddog - for making all the maps for me, a truly amazing mapper.
Jason Turnbull aka Palamedes - for his great help with unit rebalancing.
Unspoken Crusader - for use of parts of his Custom Campaigns and Retrofit mods.
Garnier - with his help providing info from Medieval Total War.
CavalryCmdr - from Total War Heaven for his excellent campaign AI info thread.
alpaca - for his help with my scripting questions.
joerd9 - for help with some historical info.
lawngnome - for helping with the edits to unit recruitment and settlement mechanics.

A big thanks to DrJambo, Klink, Quark, delra and others who helped me to improve the mod with their suggestions and discussions.

Another big thanks to the fans of the mod who through their feedback helped me to constantly refine the mod to make it the best it can be.

Thanks to Wikipedia for some of the historical info.

And of course huge credit to The Creative Assembly for making the Total War series.

Lusted
11-11-2007, 14:07
Patch 4.1 released that fixes a few bugs.

Shahed
11-11-2007, 15:17
Congrats ! Just looking at the previews, it looks GREAT.

Just when I thought it's finally Sunday and I get to sleep tonight. (lol) ;)

neoiq5719
11-12-2007, 15:20
i downloaded it, installed it and even the direct access came up but the mod wont run. Any feedback there?
thx

Lusted
11-12-2007, 15:39
Are you sure it installed to the correct place? Are you using the Steam version of the game? What OS are you using?

neoiq5719
11-12-2007, 16:27
xp and i just installed it like anything else. click, click click and done. previous mods the 2.0 and 3.0 no prob but this one is not going.What is this stream version of the game? i have the game and the 1.2 patch and that´s it.

Lusted
11-12-2007, 16:43
i have the game and the 1.2 patch and that´s it.

That would be why, this mod uses Kingdoms.

neoiq5719
11-13-2007, 05:33
oh ok thx man

Mithradates VI
11-14-2007, 05:43
Are you sure it installed to the correct place? Are you using the Steam version of the game? What OS are you using?

Lusted, are there plans to add the additional units from kingdoms into the mod?

Lusted
11-14-2007, 10:05
No there are not.

Terry
11-17-2007, 18:11
I just installed ltc 4 and its patch. I now have 6 icons on the desktop. In the past with 3.1, I could click Ltc or the original Mtw2 icon to play. (BTW, I did uninstall it before putting on 4.0)
With Kingdoms installed, it added the other icons for those aspects of the new features. I also have an Ltc icon. I know that if I choose that one, it will start Ltc 4.0. What happens if I click on one of the original icons, say Crusades? Or should I now delete these as they won't operate properly.. Sorry for this question, but with the earlier mod, I could have a choice to play original or modded. Is this now gone?

Terry

Is it now --- one icon to rule them all, one icon to bind them...

Lusted
11-17-2007, 18:19
If you click the Americas, Britannia, Teutonic or Crusades icons they will launch the vanilla versions of those campaigns, my mod does not touch them in any way. You can launch LTC via the desktop shortcut, or via the Medieval II Launher, or via the start menu. Vanilla remains untouched as the mod installs to it's own folder and launches from it's own icons.

Terry
11-17-2007, 18:23
Thank you Lusted, you are the greatest. I love the different options this creates for me.

Terry

doorknobdeity
11-27-2007, 19:34
A couple of comments on the Italian Wars campaign:
First, the Holy Roman Empire seems to go under fairly easily; while playing as Sicily, I didn't fight with the HRE very much at all, yet they consistently go down fairly early. While this isn't bad per se, it seems a bit strange that the HRE wouldn't send reinforcements from Germany to retake its Italian holdings. Would it be possible (or make historical sense) to reflect this in the game?

Also, while my knowledge of the Italian Wars is very limited, I recall from Machiavelli (and from the Battle of Pavia historical battle) that the French and Spanish were involved, something which I do not see reflected in the campaign. Perhaps stacks could be spawned at certain points, like the Venetian stacks in the Crusades campaign?

doorknobdeity
11-30-2007, 04:40
Also, a bug report: in the Early era, the Byzantine-controlled province in Italy has a Catholic church.

mir
12-04-2007, 07:39
Hi, I'm about to download LTC 4.1.exe and it's only 1.4 MB in size! I'm sure it's not that small right?

Or is this just the patch?

In which case, where can I download your beautiful Mod please?

-mir-

Lusted
12-04-2007, 10:15
4.1 is just the patch, just look slightly lower down the thread for the 4.0 download link.

mir
12-05-2007, 08:18
Thanks Lusted!

Figured it out after some reading. I've downloaded and installed it as of last night. It's a cool mod. Great work!

Some questions - Why are the Leather Tanners so expensive? It's 4300 Florins to build!

And I've spotted what could be an error - I think it's the Stables series, it states in one of the buildings (the last one in the series, I think) that the maximum number of Sipahi supported is 34! Is that right?

A few other buildings, like the Barracks, while I can build Peasants initially, the unit is then ommitted later on. Is this for simplicity or is it a fact I can't build Peasants at more advanced Barracks?

(I'm playing the Turks btw, although you probably know that from the Sipahi bit, hahaha!)

-mir-

Lusted
12-05-2007, 11:02
Some questions - Why are the Leather Tanners so expensive? It's 4300 Florins to build!

Because of the large amount of units who get upgrades from it.

And I've spotted what could be an error - I think it's the Stables series, it states in one of the buildings (the last one in the series, I think) that the maximum number of Sipahi supported is 34! Is that right?

Ah yes error with the lancers.

A few other buildings, like the Barracks, while I can build Peasants initially, the unit is then ommitted later on. Is this for simplicity or is it a fact I can't build Peasants at more advanced Barracks?

Early units are unavailable later on.

doorknobdeity
12-07-2007, 07:30
In the Late campaign, none of the Mongol settlements have masjids. Is this intentional?

Lusted
12-07-2007, 09:48
Yes that's intentional at the start.

Askthepizzaguy
12-12-2007, 23:52
Lands to Conquer 4.1

Download
Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/Lands+to+Conquer+41/;9069954;/fileinfo.html)
Uploaded.to (http://uploaded.to/?id=xpinka)
Badongo (http://www.badongo.com/file/5189684)

Overview

Lands to Conquer 4.1 is a patch that fixes the following issues in 4.0:

-Enemy missile units not always firing in battles.
-Yerevan having castle buildings in High Era despite being a city.
-Innsbruck having city buildings in Late Era despite being a castle.
-Wrong number of provinces for Kingdom victory conditions for Mongols in Late Era.
-Crash relating to Mongols emerging in Early and High.
-Wrong price for Faiground(was 300, should be 3000).
-Error in money script for France.
-Tweaks to trade.
-Incorrect description Portugal in High Era.
-Incorrect text for New King of England event.

Lands to Conquer 4.0

Download

Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/Lands+to+Conquer+40exe/;9018837;/fileinfo.html)
uploaded.to (http://uploaded.to/?id=efbvp8)
Filefactory (http://www.filefactory.com/file/6e9e5b/)

Overview

Lands to Conquer is a mod that is aimed at improving the gameplay of Medieval II: Total War.

Version 4.0 of the mod uses the new Kingdoms expansion to add in new features and other things to improve the mod. Boiling oil, controllable reinforcements, unit balance, new rams and many other things from the expansion are added into LTC. LTC 4.0 also takes advantage of new modding possibilities available in the expansion to enhance the mods gameplay.

It also features improved Battle and greatly improved Campaign AI to provide better battles and an enhanced campaign experience. The AI is also used in Stainless Steel 5.1.

And also whilst it uses the Kingdoms.exe, it does not modify the Kingdoms campaigns, the mod just uses the .exes to bring over more features to the mod as it has it's own campaigns.

Find previews of the mod here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122505

Features

The big feature in Lands to Conquer is of course it's campaigns. It gets rid of the tutorial and Grand Campaigns from Medieval II: Total War, and instead replaces them with 6 others.

The Early, High and Late Era campaigns based on the Grand Campaign map from Medieval II: Total War are copied from the system in the original Medieval Total War. These provide campaigns starting in 1080, 1210 and 1320 respectively.

There are also The Hundred Years War, Italian City States and Reconquista campaigns featuring blown up parts of the Grand Campaign map. These regional campaigns feature more focused and diverse gameplay, and each one plays out differently and so compliment the campaigns based on the Grand Campaign map.

Installation Instructions:

You must have Medieval II: Kingdoms installed for Lands to Conquer 4.0 to work.

The installer will automatically find your Medieval II: Kingdoms folder, but if you want to you can change the directory for the mod to be installed into.

You can then run the mod from the desktop shortcut, Medieval II Lauincher, or from the start menu.

If you have Steam you will need to use the Medieval II Launcher to run the mod.

Unfortunately as i have the English version of the game, people with non-English versions may end up with some language problems.

Feature List:

The Campaigns
-Early, Late and High Era campaigns set on the Grand Campaign map. All start at different dates: Early 1080, High 1210, Late 1321. The factions in each campaign have different territories, different alliances and wars at the start. Settlement names also vary from Era to Era.

-Hundred Years War (1337 - 1450) : map featuring England, France and Scotland on an enlarged map focusing on that area. In this campaign it's all about war, and the gameplay of the campaign will be quite fast paced and a challenge to complete on Very Hard. There is little use for diplomacy in this campaign as all the factions hate each other. Finances are also quite tight. So you should have only a few stacks going around fighting battles and assaulting castles because of your low finances, and they will be assaulting probably because you'll be a bit pushed to meet the victory conditions near the end. The campaign is just 75 turns long to take 20 provinces. But it works well, and you can as always play beyond the end date. This campaign will be especially tough as the English, and easiest as the French.

-Reconquista (1146 - 1280) : Has Spain, Moors and Portugal on a blown up map of Spain. This campaign will last longer than the HYW campaign, and you'll have to take fewer provinces so will be slower paced. But there will be more emphasis on religion. With the increased effect of religious unrest in LTC, and this campaign focusing on the wars between the Christians and Moors in Iberia, use of priests/imans to convert the populations in provinces could be key to victory, otherwise the religious unrest could seriously hamper you. The 3 factions in it also have very similar fighting styles with good skirmishing light infantry and cavalry and a core of heavy cavalry and infantry. Once again with the factions not getting on very well with one another diplomacy will not be much use.

-Italian City States (1280 - 1450) : Venice, Milan, HRE, Sicily, Hungary and Papal States(unplayable) fight it out on an enlarged Italy map. The campaign with the most factions and least provinces, it is also the longest. There will be a clear cut superpower at the start, the HRE, but they will be disliked by the Pope so won't have things all their way. The smaller nations(Venice, Milan, Hungary) will be too weak at first to take on the HRE so getting in the Popes good books and using diplomacy well will help them towards victory. In the south Sicily will be large but weak, and will have to pass through Papal lands if it marches up mainland Italy. There will be more emphasis on city troops as those are the Italian factions specialities, and on diplomacy at first and conquest later.

Battlemap
-Improved ai coupled with a completely redone unit balance results in more challenging battles, and battles that feel more like the ones in the original Medieval: Total War.
-Terrain and weather also play more importance in battles.
-Boiling oil.

Campaign AI
-Stronger alliances, and allies which help each other more. This results in alliance blocs forming which also change over the course of the game.
-More logical changes to faction standings. So you and the AI will no longer always end up terrible and untrustworthy.
-More logical diplomacy, so it is now a more useful tool in the campaign.
-Rarer Catholic - Islamic alliances.
-Better AI sense of survivability. AI factions are more likely to want peace/vassal if being beaten/beaten badly.
-Better AI garrisoning settlements, and use of forces to guard it's borders.
-More aggressive AI v Independent Factions(eg the rebels from vanilla), so the AI expands much better early on and so the AI can create powerful nations.
-Better AI invasions. It will now build up more before attacking, and attack with more stacks, and stacks which have more units in them.
-Catholic factions less likely to attack each other, but still plenty of wars going on to give that Total War and Medieval experience.

Campaign map
-Campaign is 1.5 years per turn and so is longer than normal M2TW, and population growth, income and building times/costs have been changed in line with this.
-Increased effect of religious unrest, corruption and other factors mean that religion is more important and taking care of your characters.
-The difference between cities and castles has been more emphasised by increasing the number of recruitment slots in castles and free upkeep slots in cities, making cities make more money but buildings in cities more expensive, and troop producing buildings in castles are cheaper.
-Guilds have been chaged so there is more variety in the Guilds you get offered, and the bonuses they give.
-Fight more diversly named independent factions who replace the rebels.http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113894
-More historical province names to add more depth to the map.
-Teutonic order family system implemented for Holy Roman Empire and Venice.
-Forts which can have 2 units free of upkeep and cost more but are not permanent.
-New event messages when a faction gets a new leader.

Change List:

Battlemap:
-Unit stats taken from Medieval II: Kingdoms.
-Tweaked and improved ai and ai formations.
-Improved balance of missile units through their accuracy.
-Cavalry units made smaller and so are now more manouverable.
-Cavalry less effective in woods.
-Cavalry made slighty faster.
-Halbers and Pikemen march at same speed as other infantry.
-Increased effect of heat on western units.
-More varied speeds betwen units.
-Battles are slightly slower paced.
-13 new custom battle maps. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76887

Campaign Map:
-1.5 Year per turn, and dates shown on campaign map again
-Building construction times and cost increased so as to fit in best with 1.5 year per turn campaign.
-Unit recruitment changed. Units now replenish slower and elite units have smaller recruitment pools. Also units no longer recruited from walls or from castle upgrade buildings.
-AI money script added in that scales according to difficulty. Ai only gets money boosts on H and VH difficulties, and then more on VH than on H. The money boost is also subtle and helps make the ai more challenging.
-Tweaks to Guilds which result in more varied Guilds in the campaign. There will no longer be the Thieves Guild spam the ai does in vanilla.
-English Armoured Sergeants, Dismounted Broken Lances, Dismounted Gothic Knights and Dismounted Mongol cavalry units added into the campaign
-AI recruits better armies. They are more balanced and have more higher tier units in them.
-More variance in the date at which the Mongols and Timurids appear.
-Merchants make more money.
-Inquisitors made less powerful.
-Increased movement distance for armies and agents.
-More recruitment slots in castles.
-More free upkeep slots in cities.
-Recruitable generals(including dismounted generals for some western factions).
-Some unused dismounted merc units added into the campaigns
-Pirate and Rebel spawn rates reduced.
-New population levels required for each level of settlement.
-Distance to captial penalty increased slightly.
-Religious Unrest increased.
-Corruption increased.
-Income from trade increased, and population growth from trade decreased.
-Population growth from farms increased.

Graphical:
-37 new loading screens, a new splash screen and menu background.
-New faction selection maps and radar maps all campaigns.
-Castle models from Britannia campaign added for Catholic and Orthodox factions.
-Interface from Crusades campaign given to Muslim factions.
-Menu text brightened a bit to make it stand out more on the new background.
-Several new grass textures from Kingdoms added to mod.
-Flags no longer bounce when unit selected.

Credits:
A big thanks to the following modders who helped with the mod:

Wilddog - for making all the maps for me, a truly amazing mapper.
Jason Turnbull aka Palamedes - for his great help with unit rebalancing.
Unspoken Crusader - for use of parts of his Custom Campaigns and Retrofit mods.
Garnier - with his help providing info from Medieval Total War.
CavalryCmdr - from Total War Heaven for his excellent campaign AI info thread.
alpaca - for his help with my scripting questions.
joerd9 - for help with some historical info.
lawngnome - for helping with the edits to unit recruitment and settlement mechanics.

A big thanks to DrJambo, Klink, Quark, delra and others who helped me to improve the mod with their suggestions and discussions.

Another big thanks to the fans of the mod who through their feedback helped me to constantly refine the mod to make it the best it can be.

Thanks to Wikipedia for some of the historical info.

And of course huge credit to The Creative Assembly for making the Total War series.

I accept your challenge.

I may indeed buy Kingdoms merely because YOU, Lusted, have made it possible to enjoy it.

Thank you so much for improving an already phenomenal game.

Wish they would redo Rome: Total War under the new game engine especially with you as the modder to ensure it's playability.

Much kudos and respect for fixing the very things that are upsetting to players about the game.

That's the key. Address our biggest concerns.

:knight: salute!

OverKnight
12-21-2007, 07:28
I'm enjoying LtC very much, but I've noticed something.

I'm playing a Venetian Early Era Grand Campaign. In the Faction Screen, there is no family tree button, and no way I can figure out how to view it.

I loaded a few other Factions (England and Milan) and both had the family tree button available. When I loaded a High and Late era campaign for Venice the family tree was missing as well.

Is the lack of a family tree intentional for Venice, due to its nature as a Republic? Or an error?

Lusted
12-21-2007, 10:09
Is the lack of a family tree intentional for Venice, due to its nature as a Republic?

Bingo.

NagatsukaShumi
12-22-2007, 15:41
Bingo.

I, for one, was a quite perplexed as to why CA didn't do this for the vanilla game, considering how easy it is.

General_Someone
03-08-2008, 21:04
Er, some units show up as..well..nothing?:inquisitive:. Like, musketeers for Holy Roman Empire, you can see the shadows but nothing else. Not sure if I installed it wrong but....great mod besides that.......thing

Grombeard
03-09-2008, 08:57
Can anyone here tell me if/how ican make all the sounds work with the mod installed over the german version of the game?
I can live happily with the "written" language mix (unit descriptions and such), but the sounds of denmark, hungary and many other factions are missing completely (on campaign map AND battlefield) and even with factions where most sounds seem to be ok the majority of the generals speeches are missing. At least they are veeeeery rare in my sicily campaign...

I'm now using LTC Battle and Campaign AI with the vanilla game, which works great and is much fun, too. But i'd love getting back on the real LTC mod, so pleeease bring back my sounds... well, if it is possible... ;)

Thank you!