PDA

View Full Version : MAFIA-RULES DISCUSSION THREAD

Andres
11-14-2007, 11:24
The Scourge of Temil has been declared dead. This isn't the first time an enjoyable game ended too soon...

Therefore, a new rule will be implemented:

From now on, a host has to put in his rules the expected duration of day and night phases. This cannot be longer then 48 hours (the preferred duration is 24 hours), unless the host decides to implement the system of the need of a certain amount of votes to obtain a lynch ("it takes "x" votes to lynch, usually a majority vote, but this can vary at the leisure of the host), but even then, a round can never take longer then 72 hours.

We all have real lifes and we all face unexpected circumstances every once in a while. The host is merely human... Therefore, a certain round can be extended, but this has to be announced by the host within 12 hours from the moment that that particular round should have ended. However, this rule is not to be abused. Repeated extensions which result in several unreasonable long rounds (>72 hours), will result in closure of the game. If the host faces unexpected circumstances which make it impossible for him to host his game further, he should declare the game over himself or ask the Gameroom moderator to temporarily close the thread, to continue later on (this will only be possible for large mafia games).

The host is boss in his game, but hosting is also = dedication. Out of respect for the players, the host will have to obey this new rule(s).

Failing to do so will result in closure of the game. In case of repeated infractions the particular host will no longer be allowed to host a mafia game in the Gameroom.

Thnx for your consideration and feel free to add your opinion in this thread.

CountArach
11-14-2007, 11:31
Good rules.

Killfr3nzy
11-14-2007, 11:32
Seconded.

pevergreen
11-14-2007, 11:39
About time. The Gameroom is going through another decline though. its the second one. That period with all those games closing. Lets hope that doesnt happen again.

FactionHeir
11-14-2007, 11:44
Must be the no alcohol policy after the pub crawl massacre. :tongue2:

seireikhaan
11-14-2007, 13:05
:yes: Good rules.
And don't worry guys, the gameroom will bounce back. Just a slight lull because a few guys have taken a small break from mafia. I'm sure they'll be back in time for my EPIC mafia game.(or at least in time for GH's:sweatdrop: )

Kommodus
11-14-2007, 15:14
:yes: Good rules.
And don't worry guys, the gameroom will bounce back. Just a slight lull because a few guys have taken a small break from mafia. I'm sure they'll be back in time for my EPIC mafia game.(or at least in time for GH's:sweatdrop: )

:yes:

Also, every now and then there's an influx of new players to breathe new life into things!

Caius
11-21-2007, 22:18
Could I sugest Mr. Mod if he could make a sticky of this thread? Everyone reads stickies.

GeneralHankerchief
09-10-2008, 23:15
Since the Queue/sign-up thread is no longer subject to discussions, I'm going to resurrect this thread and assume this is the place to discuss rules issues unless Seamus says otherwise.

Anyway, noticing the Queue, I'm not sure if it's wise to create a separate queue for Huge games. It's notoriously hard to get 50 people to play in a game. How will the mechanics work if a host doesn't get enough players? If it gets bumped down to the Large list, then what the host did is essentially jump the line.

My opinion, and this is just me, is that the old system with Large games being "promoted" to Huge as necessary was more effective. :bow:

Sigurd
09-11-2008, 08:51
My opinion, and this is just me, is that the old system with Large games being "promoted" to Huge as necessary was more effective. :bow:
I agree, but this is Seamus' call.

pevergreen
09-11-2008, 09:47
Totally agree with both GH and Sigurd.

Seamus Fermanagh
09-11-2008, 22:13
There was already a separate HUGE listing when I took over.

My thoughts were to:

Put huge games into an extended sign up phase. They would be worked into the queue "replacing" a large game when they neared the requisite numbers.

Lack of interest would be reason to PM the would-be host and tell her/him to a)scrap it and try again later, or b) reformat it as a large game and go into the queue at a negotiated point in the list (i.e. if 35 folks were ready and rarin' to go, I'd PM those below on the list and get their concurrence to move the "Huge becoming Large" game in.

HUGE games involve a LOT of prep work (trust me, if the prep isn't there the game will come apart quickly), and I'm inclined to be flexible with hosts taking on such a challenge. I would NOT countenance it becoming a way to "line-jump" and would award the dancing lock to any so attempting.

As always, we're trusting to reasonableness and sportsmanship of the players and hosts.