PDA

View Full Version : Triumphal Arches?

I Am Herenow
11-20-2007, 20:13
In EB 2, will it be possible for a faction to build a particular building after a particular event has happened?

For example, the Romani could build triumphal arches or columns once they had defeated a particular faction, or Hellenic factions could build a new tomb of Alexander if they successfully managed to bring his body to one of their cities.

Or perhaps factions could build statues of their current faction leader, which would provide positive bonuses while he was alive, and then positive or negative ones once he'd died, depending on how good his rule was?

Would anything like that be possible?

Foot
11-20-2007, 21:10
The first one would be possible with event_counters (though I'm not entirely sure about that). Probably have to do a guild thing so that only one can be built per faction.

The tomb of alexander is certainly possible with event_counters.

The third one wouldn't be possible I don't think. I believe that some factions in EBI have traits for faction leaders who start a cult after themselves (AS I think), but I don't think we could connect that with building bonuses (unless we make it ancillary). But then we wouldn't be able to differentiate between different faction leaders.

Foot

BozosLiveHere
11-21-2007, 03:50
The first one would be possible with event_counters (though I'm not entirely sure about that). Probably have to do a guild thing so that only one can be built per faction.

Just reset/give another value to the counter when the building is constructed and there's no need for guilds or anything like it.

I Am Herenow
11-22-2007, 18:54
So if Triumphal Arches are indeed possible, will you actually be implementing them? In other words, do you think it's a good idea?