PDA

View Full Version : Chariot Progress

Bwian
11-21-2007, 09:41
For those of you who have been wondering what I have been up to.,.... wonder no longer!

Chariots are nearly done.

So far, we have had to devise some new tools to modify animations, completely re-do every frame of the horse animations to cure the inbuilt problems of badly aligned skeletons....but now I am on the home straight. All the walk/idle animas are done, and I just have the run/charge and die anims to re-do before I can re-do the test changes that I know work to move the skeleton away from the origin to make hte skeleton pivot around the chariot....and convert the tail bones into pole and wheel bones. This is the easiest way to do it, and has worked well in tests before we uncovered the horse issue. Took a lot of man hours to get this far... but I think it will be worth it!

ellydog
11-21-2007, 10:35
You would not rest without that chariot, would you?

But none the less good news!

Alletun
11-21-2007, 11:16
This is very good news indeed :2thumbsup:

Silly Knicket
11-21-2007, 15:56
I'm very grateful of all the time you put into this, Bwian, and I canĀ“t wait to see these things in action, even if it will take a year from now :)

Enthes
11-21-2007, 17:18
cant wait to see some nice TK chariots gj :egypt:

A Norseman
11-21-2007, 20:16
Chariots is one of the things wich will make this Mod one of the greatest.

Good work Bwian Realy good.

Myrddraal
11-21-2007, 21:36
Pictures pictures pictures ! :jumping: :grin:

Eufarius
11-22-2007, 02:16
I definetly agree.

Crian
11-22-2007, 23:50
For the sake of the Total War cmmunity and all the modders in this community I hope you intend to release those tools... :) :D

Gnashfang
11-22-2007, 23:54
When they die will the people on the back be part of the animation or will they fall off? Either way, good work! ~:pimp:

Redmeth
11-23-2007, 16:31
It's great news that you are implementing chariots, EB2 is a project that really benefits from them.

Thank you Bwian :2thumbsup:

DrZoidberg
11-23-2007, 21:18
he he. You're such a slut for Tomb Kings, Bwian. Nice to hear of the progress anyway. Now I'm just hoping you could find it in your heart to make some greater demons. Please. Beg, beg, beg

Spankfurt
11-24-2007, 16:47
lol tomb king fetish is hawt. Awwwwww man is there no end to the sweet new models coming out?

Bwian
11-24-2007, 22:02
Apart from the death animations, the rest are all done. Boy was that a hard slog! A lot of hte animation runs fo rthese skeletons have 60+ frames... and I had to edit EVERY one.

Gnashfang
11-24-2007, 23:16
Will the skeletons die like anyone else or will they fall apart? *As an animation of course, I wouldn't think there'd be some special physics engine created to make these bones fall apart* I wouldn't mind them just dying, and I don't expect they'll fall apart *Better things you could be doing, right?* but thought I'd ask anyway!

DrZoidberg
11-25-2007, 12:05
Will the skeletons die like anyone else or will they fall apart? *As an animation of course, I wouldn't think there'd be some special physics engine created to make these bones fall apart* I wouldn't mind them just dying, and I don't expect they'll fall apart *Better things you could be doing, right?* but thought I'd ask anyway!

...and zombies! How do they die? Just collapse?

messenger
11-25-2007, 12:40
Good work with those chariots, not only Tomb Kings will benefit, think of the High Elves and Orcs!

Silly Knicket
11-26-2007, 08:16
Without doubt, the "Amish Total War" mod team will be very happy to hear about this :)

Dead Guy
11-26-2007, 15:31
Now make the Black Coach for VC! :whip: :whip: :whip:

;)

Eufarius
11-27-2007, 00:53
is it possible to see a demo of it in action?

Enthes
11-27-2007, 15:27
i thinks its just a basic skeleton with animations atm no model to glue it to

Caradrayan
04-12-2008, 20:41
This is Great news! Chariots are an important part of many armies.

Decker
04-13-2008, 07:52
Thought you ran off to Azeroth on us:smash:

kidding!:2thumbsup:

But that is some NICE news to hear Bwian.

Spankfurt
04-13-2008, 08:29
Don't salt the wound Deck :(

tito
04-13-2008, 21:16
hey brian what s up?are you dead?

A Norseman
05-14-2008, 15:05
I dunno where Bwian is, but someone has stolen his thunder (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3027196&postcount=123)..

Krazysigmarite
05-14-2008, 16:44
Bwain's thunder isn't the only thing that mod has stolen... It makes you wonder why the High Elvf on the chariot looks great, but the chariot itself has a poor quality texture.
My assumption is that they somehow managed to convert the RTW chariot skeleton over to M2TW, since converting things from other games is sort of their M.O. Now we just have to wait and see if they'll share it with the rest of the modding community.

:laugh4:

eggthief
05-14-2008, 16:56
I dunno where Bwian is, but someone has stolen his thunder (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3027196&postcount=123)..

is it stolen for real? if so, someone at twc should have a word with the thief.

Krazysigmarite
05-14-2008, 17:47
The entire mod consists of things stolen from other modders (from games like Mount & Blade, and other TW mods...), and primarily the game Mark of Chaos. I don't know if the people over at TWC have done anything about it... I'm not sure what they do and don't allow on their site.

Casuir
05-14-2008, 18:01
Interesting. Possibly related to this thread:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86818

Very worrying that these guys are doing this as gw/namco could take offense (and as pointed out in the thread they have done it before) and I doubt they would get anywhere telling these guys to stop. Not sure how these things work but they could go to twc/here instead and cause problems for us as well.

Anywhoo's they may have stolen bwians thunder on the chariots but its worth remembering that while these guys were busy converting the models from mark of chaos bwian and to a lesser extent myself were busy helping gom and ke get new animations ingame. Without that there'd be no orcs, chariots, dwarfs etc.

Alletun
05-14-2008, 18:56
I had a talk with an admin on TWC. He said that as long as the russian havn't released any of the MoC models, they can't do anything. the moment they do however, the link to the mod will be deleted, the threads closed, and if they continue posting links to the files they'll get banned.

Rogu3granny
05-15-2008, 02:47
For those of you who have been wondering what I have been up to.,.... wonder no longer!

Chariots are nearly done.

So far, we have had to devise some new tools to modify animations, completely re-do every frame of the horse animations to cure the inbuilt problems of badly aligned skeletons....but now I am on the home straight. All the walk/idle animas are done, and I just have the run/charge and die anims to re-do before I can re-do the test changes that I know work to move the skeleton away from the origin to make hte skeleton pivot around the chariot....and convert the tail bones into pole and wheel bones. This is the easiest way to do it, and has worked well in tests before we uncovered the horse issue. Took a lot of man hours to get this far... but I think it will be worth it!

Yaaaa!! he is back

fireblade
05-15-2008, 06:36
I hate to spoil the fun ,but bwain's post is 6 months old.

Just be patient and all shall be revealed

Meneldil
05-15-2008, 09:07
Russians have this bad habits to not give a crap about copyright and intellectual property issues.

When I was still working on Diadochi TW for RTW, our Russian modder simply copied EB units, made an EB-like preview (probably copy/pasting EB texts aswell) and posted it on every RTW forum he could find.
I was like "WTF dude ?!"

Zapp
05-15-2008, 17:42
Russians have this bad habits to not give a crap about copyright and intellectual property issues.

When I was still working on Diadochi TW for RTW, our Russian modder simply copied EB units, made an EB-like preview (probably copy/pasting EB texts aswell) and posted it on every RTW forum he could find.
I was like "WTF dude ?!"
While I've also heard that russia has quite strange copyright rules, that example isn't really illegal I think. But non the less, it's against any unwritten rules you can have in a modding community.

Krazysigmarite
05-15-2008, 23:45
In Soviet Russia, Copyright violates you!

Taranaich
05-17-2008, 22:02
I had a talk with an admin on TWC. He said that as long as the russian havn't released any of the MoC models, they can't do anything. the moment they do however, the link to the mod will be deleted, the threads closed, and if they continue posting links to the files they'll get banned.

But how can they release the mod without releasing the MoC models? Unless they do what they should've done in the first place by making everything from scratch, I'm worried this whole endeavour by them will end up in disappointment for the TW community at the org.

Solus
05-18-2008, 07:15
But how can they release the mod without releasing the MoC models? Unless they do what they should've done in the first place by making everything from scratch, I'm worried this whole endeavour by them will end up in disappointment for the TW community at the org.

You're right, I don't know exactly where, but I recall that I read somewhere, that a moderater, that they cannot do anything now, becuz the russian hasn't released anything (no rules broken yet). But if he releases (and thus breakes the rules, cuz he then also releases the MoC models) the moderater will destroy the download link, and remove the entire mod from the forum.

DaCrAzYmOfO
05-20-2008, 06:31

lmao!!!

Zapp
05-20-2008, 14:44
Haha, indeed :D