PDA

View Full Version : Please ... no more 'make this faction' threads

Bwian
11-23-2007, 18:45
This is a polite, but firm, request for an end to the 'I think XXXXX faction should be in this mod'

There really is no point, and it is just causing people to get into pointless discussions about things that are just not going to happen. We have listed the factions that we are making. This is FINAL for the initial mod release

We are going to try and include some of the extra units people like the sound of as mercenaries, but there are limits to how many extra skeletons, animation sets etc. that we can include..since they expand the size of the mod quite significantly and take a lot of work.

It really dosn't matter how badly people might want Araby, Wood Elves, Kislev etc. we won't be considering any of them until after you lot are playing this mod! We have a HUGE amount of work to do to finish this mod, and all you are doing is asking us to do more. And more. And more.

Is this fair on the team.....no.
Is this going to annoy some people .... probably.

Please take note of this request, since I would prefer people did it by choice, rather than I did it by deletion of threads that have caused upset.

Warmaster Horus
11-23-2007, 18:50
Well said! The mod will be great anyway, so...

Sticky?

alexader
11-23-2007, 19:02
i'm with you bwian,take your time to finish the mod.nice statement indeed :egypt:

Alletun
11-23-2007, 20:13
Yap! well said.

perhaps a combination of this thread with a "final faction-list for 1st release" kinda thread as a sticky will do good.

Geoffrey S
11-24-2007, 00:07
But what about Bartix???:smash: :smash: :smash:

(Somewhat more seriously, I agree fully. It's already a massive undertaking which requires a lot of planning; if a faction is not listed as being included then as far as I'm concerned that's that. What we're getting is a lot of work as is anyway)

Eufarius
11-24-2007, 00:14
I most definetly agree Bwian.

Zapp
11-24-2007, 00:29
At last. This was needed.

Gnashfang
11-24-2007, 01:10
Yeah I agree... The "I want this faction" thing is getting a bit annoying...

But on the topic of new factions, I had this GREAT idea of including Albion!

:wall:

Eufarius
11-24-2007, 04:18
Are you serious?:wall:

Bwian
11-24-2007, 11:06
Each of the main factions now has a sticky thread for discussion of it's particular units, troops and suchlike. I have included one for Dogs of War, so there is a place for people to talk about thngs that don't fit the main factions, but have enough interest for it to be worth our while to make them part of the mod. Consider, if posting about making more units, that there are 11 faction threads there, with the Chaos one covering all the split chaos factions. Each faction is getting 10+ unique units with 4 levels of detail. Some require custom skeletons and animations. Do bear a thought for how much work is ALREADY there to be done, and that the more exotic the unit, the more work it will take. I have already spent over a week doing nothing but making new animations for a chariot .... so go easy on us!

Ciaran
11-24-2007, 11:56
I´m surprised this has taken so long. I mean, you and your team devote a huge amout of your spare time (such as it is) to creating his mod, and what do you get for it? Nitpicked about all and everything, that´s what. It´s high time that people realize hat those who make a mod have the final word on it. Period. You don´t work for someone else, you work for yourself, and if anyone doesn´t like your work, he or she´s free to learn how to mod and make the changes themselves.
It might sound arrogant at first, but considering your efforts you have damn well earned the right to be.

Silaris
11-24-2007, 12:14
I'm so glad this thread was created, it was really starting to get on my nerves seeing all those threads popping up.

Spankfurt
11-24-2007, 16:45
edited because it just wasn't funny, and frankly I found that remark offensive.

Hahaha, im just being a douche....But seriously, by far the sexiest thing possible in this mod would be flying carpets.....if possible....

DrZoidberg
11-25-2007, 20:59
I have no problems with this at all. I've since the inception of this mod been a vocal supporter for the smaller but faster-to-market mod. We'll always find things in the finished mod that annoy us. So I'd rather see a smaller mod that is incrementally expanded.

Please don't interpret this as me complaining about the scope of it. I'm very grateful for the ambitious level of it. All I'm saying is that I would happily downloaded, played and loved it even with half the current planned factions in it.

Thanks everybody who's contributed and I'm personally just grateful for anything .

Thanks
-Zoidy