PDA

View Full Version : How do u conquer a province in ETW?

S.Selim_1
11-26-2007, 04:41
i am pretty confused in the summary thread...there will be infrastuctures in a province..does that mean if u control this infrastructure u control the province..or do u have to conquer the city within the province to calim the territory with it's infrastructure or do u have to control both .....or WHAT:wall: ?

Mailman653
11-26-2007, 04:50
I would think not much would change here, take the province you own everything in it, perhaps other factions can wreak havoc in your province like they already do in M2TW for example, execept this time you'd actually see the damage rather than just gray area where the enemy army is and a %.

S.Selim_1
11-26-2007, 04:53
I would think not much would change here, take the province you own everything in it, perhaps other factions can wreak havoc in your province like they already do in M2TW for example, execept this time you'd actually see the damage rather than just gray area where the enemy army is and a %.

yes but still HOW do you control the province? How do u CLAIM it?

Evil_Maniac From Mars
11-26-2007, 05:04
Maybe it'll be a bit more like EU. You have to take the city, and then hammer out a peace agreement. Of course, they'll have to fix the diplomatic system. :wall:

pevergreen
11-26-2007, 06:54
my perspective is:

Instead of just blocking trade, a hostile army in your territory can damage buildings that would not be inside the cities eg. mines, docks etc. To control the province, you have to capture the city. Kind of like MTW.

S.Selim_1
11-26-2007, 16:43
if u conquer a settelment by besieging it's city...so y do they say in the summary thread "importance of siege battles reduced"? if u conquer a settelment by taking it's city..that mean siege battles are more than important in this game..i guess:dizzy2:

Rhyfelwyr
11-26-2007, 19:46
I think the idea is the province can have its income and recruitment totally cut off, forcing the defenders out of the city if it is to be of any value.

Otherwise, why would it make siege battles more important than in M2TW? Also remember there will be more artillery so they should be less painful anyway.

Belgolas
11-27-2007, 01:15
well none of us know what is going to happen as the info is not there. Who knows maybe it might be totally different than RTW. It might be a huge change as it was from MTW to RTW. We don't know. We might know more once we see in-game screen shots of the campaing map.

Bijo
11-27-2007, 20:31
The probability that this matter would approximate its previous characteristics throughout the series is reasonable.

S.Selim_1
11-28-2007, 05:08
"Draw armies out of the cities, removing the dominance of sieges. That's being done by making region improvements - structures such as barracks, mines and palaces - exist outside of the city, vulnerable to attack. Generals can no longer afford to hide behind their city walls in the event of an invasion. They must sally forth and chase the aggressor away." from the totalwar official forum (sticky thread)

barracks and palaces outside the city? y, y are they outside the city..did 18 and 19 century barracks and palaces built outside the city? :thumbsdown:

i hope they involve some kind of a city view..it's nice to see 18 century cities, otherwise battles would seem boring.

Rhyfelwyr
11-28-2007, 19:21
barracks and palaces outside the city? y, y are they outside the city..did 18 and 19 century barracks and palaces built outside the city? :thumbsdown:

AFAIK I think they did mostly.:yes:

RoadKill
11-30-2007, 20:48
I think they may do it like by capturing territories inside the province. For example, you have the province of Paris, then around Paris you have dock territories, farming territories, military territories, mining territories, manor territory and then you just take control of all those territories to take control of the province.