PDA

View Full Version : KotR Post-cataclysm mechanics Poll

econ21
11-27-2007, 10:40
This poll is for players in the KotR PBM only.

To clear some space for what promises to be a busy Diet, and to let people plan ahead of time, we will vote on the following rules changes.

For simplicity, voting will not be weighted by influence. A 2/3 majority is required for the CAs to pass.

Please post any discussion in the sister thread:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=95403

OOC CA 14.1: econ21 is authorised to use the console to periodically strengthen AI armies.

OOC CA 14.2: At the start of each turn, the Chancellor will post an annual report on the last turn, including a save game. The report will list battles that could be fought this turn. Players will have 24 hours to fight these battles or suggest moves for their characters. This system will be trialled for 5 turns and then either abandoned or continued based on majority opinion.

OOC CA14.3: Players may “rebel” against Imperial authority and fight PvP battles. econ21 and TinCow will umpire what forces and resources rebels can command, and the process for resolving any PvP battles.

OOC CA14.4: No AI buildings may be destroyed.

OOC CA14.5: Armies should consist of no more than 9 units plus a general. They can only stack with or enter battle with other armies, feudal levies or garrisons. Garrisons should not exceed 6 units. Crusading armies are exempt from this rule. This rule will be trialled for 5 turns and then either abandoned or continued based on majority opinion.

Note: the Reich's armies are those created by the Chancellor under article 6.4, plus the Household Armies, the Armies of Outremer, of the Kaiser and of the Prinz.

OOC CA14.6: The lord of a settlement (Count, Duke, King or Kaiser) can veto any units in their settlement being trained for a particular Elector or purpose. They must inform the Chancellor of this veto in advance.

OOC CA14.7: Each Count or higher will have a feudal levy. These will be allocated by econ21 at each Diet and will consist of four or more units commensurate with the status and service of the player’s avatar. (Typically, a Count would have 1 mounted sergeant, 1 peasant archer or peasant crossbow, 1 sergeant spearmen and EITHER one DFK OR one feudal knight.)

Some illustrative notes on the feudal levy (these are not part of the CA and are subject to change):

If CA14.7 passes, at the next Diet, I will allocate feudal levies to players who are lords of a settlement. They will be commensurate with the lord's age and experience. Players will have to look after them for 10 turns (the Chancellor may retrain them) – then at the subsequent Diets, there will be scope to upgrade levies or replace existing ones.

For players who want it, I will implement a points based system. For the others, the levy can be decided informally. I will balance informal allocations to be about equal to what would arise with a points based system.

Administratively, what I will do is that – at the start of each Diet – reorder stacks so that the existing levies are top units in each player’s stack. At the end of each Diet, I will change these levies to reflect any upgrades or replacements. In the interval, players should use the Chancellor and Governors' orders thread to post any instructions about upgrading their levies - either informal requests or choices based on the points system. If players give no instructions, I will use my own judgement and the points system to adjust the levies.

Upgrade paths (costs)

3^ANY |ONE MAX|TWO MAX|EITHER|OR
3^Spear|Cavalry (Non-knightly)|Missile|Foot knight|Knight
7^Peasant (1)|Peasant (1)|Peasant (1)|Peasant (1)|Peasant (1)
7^Town militia (2)|Town militia (2)|Peasant Archer (2)|Town militia (2)|Town militia (2)
7^Spear militia (3)|Spear militia (3)|Peasant Crossbow (3)|Spear militia (3)|Spear militia (3)
7^Spear Sergeant (4)|Spear Sergeant (4)|Pavise Crossbow (6)|Spear Sergeant (4)|Spear Sergeant (4)
7^Armoured Sergeant (5)|Armoured Sergeant (5)|Handgunner (7)|Armoured Sergeant (5)|Armoured Sergeant (5)
7^|Merchant Cavalry (7)|Arquebusier (8)|DFK (9)|Merchant Cavalry (7)
7^|Mounted Sergeant (9)||DIK (10)|Mounted Sergeant (9)
7^|Mounted Crossbow (11)||DGK (11)|Mailed knight (11)
7^|Reiters (12)|||Feudal Knight (12)
7^||||Imperial Knight (13)
7^||||Gothic Knight (14)

Note: All lords have FOUR units. High lords have one additional knight class units; the Kaiser has two additional knight class units.

Explanatory notes

In order to be eligible for a feudal levy, you must be lord of a settlement.
Counts and Dukes are lords of the settlements they govern. The Prinz and Kaiser are always lords.

If you cease being a lord, your levy is disbanded at the next Diet. (This represents the loss of the social and economic basis of your levy).

Lords are entitled to four units in a feudal levy. High lords (Dukes, King of Outremer, Prinz) are entitled to five; the Kaiser to six.

When players first become lords, they start off with a feudal levy of four peasants. Every Diet, a lord is given 10 points they may “spend” those points to upgrade their units (high lords are given 13 points; the Kaiser 15). The cost of the upgrade is the difference in the cost of the two units. Armor or weapon upgrades cost one point per upgrade per unit.

Steps on upgrade paths may be skipped if points allow (so a Feudal knight could be upgraded straight to Gothic). But units may only be upgraded to a unit on the same path. (e.g. an archer cannot be upgraded to a knight.)

Units can be retrained at no extra cost: sacrifice will be rewarded.
But lost units are replaced by peasants - look after your men.

OOC CA 14.8: Chancellors should aim to post annual reports and savegames within 48 hours of the deadline for fighting all battles (offensive or defensive). Chancellors who fail to do this three times may be subject to an OOC impeachment vote.

TinCow
11-27-2007, 16:13
To clarify, I have voted yes on all. However, my votes on 14.2, 14.5, and 14.7 were made under the assumption that we will have a testing period for them, with legislation becoming void if they are not re-approved after that period is over. If no testing period is to occur, my vote is no on all 3.

Also, regarding 14.4, I think this should be an OOC limitation only. For IC purposes we can still burn the places to the ground and do whatever we want, we just cannot actually destroy them in-game. This would be similar to what I allowed Fritz to do in Stockholm. IC he sacked the place silly, but in-game I didn't do anything to the buildings to allow the Danes to stay high-tech.

econ21
11-29-2007, 12:12
The CAs pass except for CA 14.5 (the half stack army rule).