PDA

View Full Version : EB LITE?

greatwhitehunter
11-30-2007, 16:01
Has anyone ever thought of making an EB Lite? For example if I'm playing as the Aedui, I'll probably never run into the Bactrians or Parthians. If I'm playing as the Ptolemies I'm never going to face the Casse. Is there a way to turn them off, so that my poor little comp can run the game?

Pharnakes
11-30-2007, 16:54
I'm afraid that even if you did (which wouldn't be to hard) it wouldn't really make much difference.

On the other hand, if you were to turn them off in a way that would make a difference, yo would be basicaly redoing eb from the bottom up. 20 times over. Sorry, but nobody, not even here on the org, is crazy enough to undertake that.

greatwhitehunter
11-30-2007, 17:10
Could you remove parts of the script that control those other factions and just have them sit there and do nothing? By the way, I know nothing about modding, I'm just curious. Also no disrespect to those who put a lot of time into making this great mod intended.

TWFanatic
11-30-2007, 17:13
I feel your pain. Why does EB have to be so fun?:wall:

Tellos Athenaios
11-30-2007, 18:12
Yes you can remove parts of the script *but* it is not supported.

bovi
12-07-2007, 22:47
I'm about 96% sure that you'll screw up something, give up getting it to work and revert to the original.

Tellos Athenaios
12-07-2007, 23:36
Heh that's precisely why this kind of thing is unsupported. :yes:

Ymarsakar
01-23-2008, 00:01
If you want the AI to process the turn speeds for all those factions faster, you can either use my modification of the script here.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96967

or use the BI+Alexander build to run EB.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96135

The reason why you have to wait almost an infinity for different factions to "end turn" is due to the EBBS script and how it keeps trying to check "every settlement" for any number of things. But most of it is trying to find the presence of client rulers for each city.

I'm about 96% sure that you'll screw up something, give up getting it to work and revert to the original.

It really depends upon if you can understand the code language of the EBBS file just by reading it. After reading, well most of the script, I was able to understand which portions were interconnected and which could be sliced off. That and a lot of testing can lead to a good personal solution. Although whether other people will like it remains up in the air.

Could you remove parts of the script that control those other factions and just have them sit there and do nothing?

The EB background script does not exactly control the AI factions. AI is hardcoded, so to speak, depending upon which exe you use. Barbarian, RTW, Alexander, etc. The only faction specific code is the money script, the Reforms script, and I think that's it.

However, since regular RTW has really fast turn speeds, your goal should be to get closer to that kind of speed. Which, you can do by editing the EBBS script file youself, use my version, or use the Alexander mod. Preferably, you might wish to do all of the above, if you are still unsatisfied with how slow EB is.

bovi
01-23-2008, 02:12
You're talking about the script. He wanted to remove factions.

Ymarsakar
01-23-2008, 06:30
Is there a way to turn them off, so that my poor little comp can run the game?

I think the reason he wants to turn them off is because his computer is processing the AI turns slowly or the scroll lag is getting him.