PDA

View Full Version : TW Stories: Crusade

samiosumo
12-07-2007, 11:09
The year is 1095AD and Emperor Alexius I Comnenus of the Byzantine has asked for Western Christian mercenaries to come and help free Jerusalem from the Muslims. Pope Urban II has decreed that Western Christian Kingdoms must go and take Jerusalem and free the Eastern Christians living under the persecuting muslim rule.

Many Western Kingdoms immediatly answer the call. They begin gathering armies to go take the Holy Land. The Muslim states of Egypt and Turkey begin calling their armies in response. And the Byzantine Empire are calling their troops.
The scene is set for a bloody, battle filled war of opposing religions.

Here are the characters (and what they do):-
Pope: starts off story and gives updates every week
King of France, King of England, Emperor of Germany (HRE), King of Spain and King of Sicily: Kings of crusading nations, can go with army(suggested) or sty in country and be the deep philosophical part of the story
King of Egypt, King of Turkey: leaders of nations resisting crusades, almost definitely fighting against them with there armies
Byzantium Emperor: most interesting position as he can either help crusaders or refuse them passage, he should be aware as Crusaders aren’t the most disciplined when it comes to not attacking rich cities like Constantinople. He is also the man who asks Western Christians for help.
Soldiers in French, English, German, Spanish and Sicilian armies: any person can come in at any time and do a blog/commentary on the battles or anything else
Soldiers in Turkish and Egyptian armies: held firm by your belief in Allah, you…. Just do exactly the same as the soldiers in the crusading armies but from the defenders army
Also: Head of army if King stays home

also here is the list of members playing the characters:
Pope: Samiosumo
King of France:Warluster
King of England:shlin28
King of Spain:Caius
King of Sicily:
Holy Roman Emporer:Ultra War
King of Egypt:
King of Turkey:
French Soldier(s):
English Soldier(s):
Spanish Soldier(s):
German Soldier(s):
Sicilian Soldier(s):
Egyptian Soldier(s):
Turkish Soldier(s):
Others:

Warluster
12-07-2007, 11:29
Hello samiosuso,

It sounds interesting.

But it also sounds like what we call a Single Player Interactive History.

This is what I have formed (in my mind) from what you mean.
There is a Game Master who writes up a Chapter every now and then, with a list of decisions (?) for each Player, the Player PM's those decisions to the Pope and he writes up the next chapter.

Is this spot on? It sounds good, you should have a poke around the Chapter House, you will probably find some similar things (If I am right) And welcome to the .Org and the CH!

samiosumo
12-07-2007, 11:47
you seen to be right. I have inadvertedly done this. I had not known of this name. so well done you!!!

Oh and thanks for the Welcome

UltraWar
12-07-2007, 19:40
This sounds like Role Playing, and that suits me fine. I'd like to take up a role as the Holy Roman Emperor or possibly a Prince if somebody else takes up this position.

Warluster
12-08-2007, 01:13
If you do start it I would like to play as King of France.

samiosumo
12-10-2007, 14:40
here is the list of members playing the characters:
Pope:
King of Sicily:Karo
Holy Roman Emporer:Ultra War
Byzantine Emporer: Sarmation
King of Egypt:Shogun
King of Turkey:
French Soldier(s):
English Soldier(s):
Spanish Soldier(s):
German Soldier(s):Motep
Sicilian Soldier(s):
Egyptian Soldier(s):Samiosumo
Turkish Soldier(s):
Others:

Warluster
12-10-2007, 22:48
You should maybe make a diffrent thread, and try to make it more offical. Maybe re name it and snaz up the intro a bit? It would interest people a bit more with the effort.

Ayachuco
12-11-2007, 02:25
I'm already interested in this interactive, I just don't know what you're supposed to do. Can you help me find some past single player interactive histories to help me comprehend what kind of game this is?

shlin28
12-11-2007, 23:05
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86208

That one was fun, I ended up having the biggest army, even though I started the worst :laugh4:

This looks interesting, I wanna be the King of England please.

samiosumo
12-13-2007, 10:00
OK so far we've got:
Pope: Samiosumo
King of Sicily:
Holy Roman Emporer:UltraWar
King of Egypt:
King of Turkey:
Byzantium Emperor:
French Soldier(s):
English Soldier(s):
Spanish Soldier(s):
German Soldier(s):Motep
Sicilian Soldier(s):
Egyptian Soldier(s):
Turkish Soldier(s):
Others:

Warluster
12-13-2007, 10:02
I'd suggest you keep editing the first post, so it isn't eventually considered spam.

samiosumo
12-13-2007, 11:19
good idea thanks

UltraWar
12-15-2007, 22:06
The name is UltraWar NOT Ultra War!

samiosumo
12-17-2007, 14:31
sorry

Sarmatian
12-26-2007, 14:39
Put me down as Byzantine Emperor...

Paradox
12-26-2007, 15:25
I'd like to choose King of Egypt. Too bad there isn't a Kingdom of Jerusalem faction.

shlin28
12-26-2007, 18:23
Kingdom of Jerusalem was only founded after the first crusade was successful... so if you want to play that, you better lose, fast! :laugh4:

Sarmatian
12-26-2007, 21:46
Just a thought, Samisuomo, but I think it would be better to lose King of France, England, Sicily and Spain, and create a single Crusaders faction...

UltraWar
12-29-2007, 00:31
We need a better Pope. :laugh4:

Karo
12-31-2007, 13:24
I'm in I'll be the king of sicily :beam:
And when is this going to start.

Paradox
12-31-2007, 20:13
Sorry, I think pope's dead...

samiosumo
01-07-2008, 14:27
not dead, on holiday in the black forest in Germany and nowhere (as far as i can tell) near a pc or laptop.

anyway if someone wants to be the Pope, they can. I only chose his Popeness because i thought no-one would want to be him.

I choose Egyptian soldier.

Also as you have probibly guessed I'm not the best at this so if someone wants to come in and take control or be the Pope as well as there chosen character.

Seign Thelas
01-07-2008, 21:07
Ah, why not. I'll take the King of Egypt.

SALADIN FTW!

Motep
01-08-2008, 01:01
Hmmmmmm.....

I shall be a German soldier.

Paradox
01-08-2008, 18:03
Ah, why not. I'll take the King of Egypt.

SALADIN FTW!

I'd like to choose King of Egypt.