PDA

View Full Version : Is there any (conceptual) way to counter distance to capital penalties?

Morte66
12-08-2007, 15:04
I know nothing about modding, but I wonder if something would be conceptually possible. It doesn't matter if the solution is weird and clunky...

I've read a few times that the distance to capital penalties in RTW/EB are hard-coded and there's nothing you can do to alter them directly. But I was wondering if there's any way they could be tackled indirectly. E.g. could one create buildings that give a gradually increasing bonus dependent on distance to a faction's capital?

Pharnakes
12-08-2007, 23:43
Yes, entirely posible, many mods in fact do so, however, it does pose diffuculties, because the resources are fixed, so if the capital is changed, then things can go rather screwy. Fine if rather restrictive for the player, but IIRC the AI's capital will not be moveable.

Morte66
12-09-2007, 15:17
Thanks. I guess I'll go looking for that "scriptorium" thing.

Mouzafphaerre
12-12-2007, 11:08

but IIRC the AI's capital will not be moveable.
IYRC then all the better! It means that SPQR and SSbQ might be forced to never change their capitals.

Now, if you remember where you saw the method, say, a red balloon? :deal:

AngryAngelDD
12-12-2007, 14:40
AI's capital will not be moveable.

perhaps not moveable by script, but the AI moves them around freely (or at least somehow centered in their empires).

anyway i miss the effect "reduces distance to capital" from the vanillar roads etc.

pezhetairoi
12-21-2007, 12:38
Isn't it possible to just change the amount of public order bonii the law and order buildings give? Like instead of 30%temples you give them 60%?

Ymarsakar
12-26-2007, 15:30
Certainly it is possible to change the public order of buildings, but this unbalances the buildings in the center of an empire.

Pharnakes
12-26-2007, 23:28

IYRC then all the better! It means that SPQR and SSbQ might be forced to never change their capitals.

Now, if you remember where you saw the method, say, a red balloon? :deal:

What I meant to say was that there is no way to prevent the AI from moving the capital around, hence the problem with the unmovable resources.

Can I have a balloon anyway? at least a green one? please?

Ohh, And why do you do those two dots at the begining and end of your posts?

Mouzafphaerre
12-27-2007, 03:19
Because I like some upper and lower margine. The forum SW purges blank paragraphs, even non-breakable spaces. In the RTW skin (default before MiNO's release) wheat is the background colour. No better one exists for this skin (actually I can use the colour hex code but am lazy to look it up) and you get the wheat dots.

Your green balloon: :balloon2: