PDA

View Full Version : Question about the future of this mod

Maurice
12-13-2007, 20:46
Greetings from Iraq!!! Let me start by saying this mod is the best in the business, hands down. I was wondering if this mod will eventually progress to the early 7th century and the Arab invasions. I have done a little modding myself (personal consumption only) to simulate and I have realized the following:

1. Modding is hard
2. I have no god given talents...

On another note, there are many Marines out here who went out and bought $2000+ gaming laptops and RTW just to play this mod after I turned them onto it. Job well done.

Telys
12-15-2007, 19:00
This has nothing to do with your question. I was just wondering where in iraq are you

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
12-19-2007, 06:38
Greetings from Iraq!!! Let me start by saying this mod is the best in the business, hands down. I was wondering if this mod will eventually progress to the early 7th century and the Arab invasions.
there is some talk about that, and we are also in cooperation with a M2TW mod that will do exactly that (Rise of the Caliphate)

I have done a little modding myself (personal consumption only) to simulate and I have realized the following:

1. Modding is hardthat it is

2. I have no god given talents...I disagree with that, anybody has talents you just have to find them :smiley2:

On another note, there are many Marines out here who went out and bought $2000+ gaming laptops and RTW just to play this mod after I turned them onto it. Job well done.wow, thanks for that

in case ur interested in the era, check out these AARs :
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114950

Maurice
12-23-2007, 20:26
Telys,

OPSEC. Sorry, cannot divulge that information. Loose lips sink ships. I am sure you understand.

Maurice
12-23-2007, 20:43
Ramon,
Thanks for the reply. I just feel that IBFD is pracically ready "as is" for a 7th century expansion. The only units missing are Hunnic/Avaric, Islam as a religion, and the Thematic organization for the ERE. Although I have not had much luck with modding (many CTDs), I think I am going to screw around when I get back stateside and see what I can do. There is a paucity of information when it comes to the units from the 7th to 10th centuries IMHO. I guess accuracy wont be such an issue then right? Thanks for all that you guys do here!!!

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
12-27-2007, 17:57
Ramon,
Thanks for the reply. I just feel that IBFD is pracically ready "as is" for a 7th century expansion. The only units missing are Hunnic/Avaricthere are actually Hunnic/Avaric units in curent IBFD, they are named after the proto Avars - Huar/Hvar

, Islam as a religion, very doable

and the Thematic organization for the ERE. we're discussin that already in the developers sub-forum

Although I have not had much luck with modding (many CTDs), I think I am going to screw around when I get back stateside and see what I can do. tahat would be great, looking forward to it

There is a paucity of information when it comes to the units from the 7th to 10th centuries IMHO. I guess accuracy wont be such an issue then right? Thanks for all that you guys do here!!!thank you for your supposrt, and belated Merry Xmas

Maurice
12-27-2007, 20:35
Ramon, I would like to contribute to the development of the thematic system. I could find where you guys are discussing it. Can you post a link? Thanks brother.