PDA

View Full Version : The First Age: The Years of the Sun (A Silmarillion based mod)

Polgara
12-14-2007, 22:50
Hello people,
I want to make a mod in RTW: Alexander based on the Silmarillion. The timeline of this is set to around 455 of the Year of the Sun in the First Age. At this time Morgoth broke the siege of Angband and send his vast armies to destroy the Eldar and the Edain. In that time, men grew to their stature and are taking service with the Houses of the Eldar.

There will be these factions (not final):

Good Factions:

1. Noldor
2. Sons of Feanor
3. Sindar (Gray Elves)
4. Green Elves
5. House of Beor
6. House of Marach
7. House of Haleth
Evil Factions:

1. Melkor
2. Easterlings
3. Wild Men
4. Corrupt Dwarfs

Neutral Factions:

1. Dwarf Clans – 7 Houses of Dwarven Fathers
2. Nature – Ents, Eagles and other good creatures

I am going to need a lot of help to do this so I will take anyone who wants to help and has a bit of knowledge on how to mod any RTW series. Here are roles that need to be filled:

Mappers
3D Modellers/2D Artists
Coders – Text editing
Scripters
Information Researchers

Anyone who wants to help in this mod please send me a mail to my.boo@hotmail.com

Thanks

Makanyane
12-15-2007, 00:04
Hi and welcome to the forum :2thumbsup:

To make people more eager to join it would may help if you could describe the areas you are planning to work on yourself, and also detail any map planning, unit designs or script principles etc, you may have. There is a bit of a shortage of experienced RTW modders and convincing them that mod is well thought out and already being enthusiastically worked on can only help....

Polgara
12-15-2007, 14:10
Alright, I will to that soon. I also found that the name Silmarillion TW has been taken so I will change the name to The First Age: The Years of the Sun
Also the mod forum here: http://www.chamber-of-records.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168
Thanks for the welcoming.
Btw. I am skilled as a coder so I will be doing implementation of units, balancing and so on.

Myrddraal
12-16-2007, 16:41
I will change the name of your thread.

Have you considered working with the existing Silmarillion TW team?

Welcome to the .org :smile:

Polgara
12-18-2007, 18:23
Well yea, I have teamed up with them, thanks for the welcoming

Motep
12-28-2007, 08:44
Good idea! Wish I could help, but my current computer cannot even play rome. Good luck with the mod, and may you find yourself in the hands of friends! (I almost read the series...but I lost the first book. Looks like a good read though. Definitely mod-worthy) :2thumbsup: