PDA

View Full Version : Connecting England to France

bryanlu2001
12-15-2007, 22:19
The English Channel seperate UK france, which in EB, Casse never make any offensives other than in england. I was wondering if it is possible to make a bridge or land bridge bewteen england and france, so then Casse can actually take part of france other than limiting its campaign to britain.

can someone tell me what to alter to add another faction in this game to kill?

because i am playing the germans, theres no way i can get to england, i cant make boats lol.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
12-15-2007, 22:22
The map files have to be changed.
In EB land bridges were added in places that are easy to cross without too much effort. The English Channel is however difficult to cross, so no land-bridge was made.

Sweboz can get boats, go to Skandanavia and Gotland.

bryanlu2001
12-15-2007, 22:31
yea, but i forgot to mention, is it possible to program the script of EB so that Casse can make ships in their cities and transport troops over to take Caen or other cities?

Like, if i dont attack them, casse just make a crap-load of troops, i built a watch tower over on the other side of the english channel and i saw like 6-7 full armies on the other side. it would be really fun if they go for a d-day.

konny
12-16-2007, 02:29
Casse can build ships in several provinces. The question is, will the AI do so? And if it will, will it make a Henry V with these boats or will it just randomly block ports?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
12-16-2007, 04:18
The AI will rarely make any ships, and when they do they'll usually just wander off and get killed by pirates. :shame:

Redmeth had some ideas about getting the Casse to do more. I don't know if they were ever agreed upon...

Mouzafphaerre
12-16-2007, 12:18
I moved their whole stack with move_character to Belgica, force-diplomacied them to attack the Aedui and they just sleep there for ages... One of the reasons I gave a break in my Lusotannan campaign. That and late game is still boooring even with EB. :no:

Rant: Half of the world is Seleucid, the other half divided up between Lusotana (me), SSbQ and KH, except Sauromatae sitting idle at the steps... and you can't get to move Casse even by cheating. :wall: Every little godforsaken village has imperial palace and large stone walls...

d'Arthez
12-25-2007, 11:16
It is possible to use the scripts to give the AI a chance of getting on the mainland (after having taken all the territories in Britain and Ireland, for instance). The problem is to develop a script that is reasonable / sensible. You could for instance spawn a navy if they do not have a single navy, thus forcing a navy on them. However, whether that will make much difference is hard to predict.

Mouzafphaerre
12-25-2007, 11:36
The only reasonable thing the AI does with its navy is reinforcing its own territories by transporting armies. That scarcely happens and it wastes the navies on doing its favourite unreasonable: Blockading a random port for a turn and relieving it on the next one. ~:handball:

Ymarsakar
12-29-2007, 01:23
The only reasonable thing the AI does with its navy is reinforcing its own territories by transporting armies. That scarcely happens and it wastes the navies on doing its favourite unreasonable: Blockading a random port for a turn and relieving it on the next one. ~:handball:

That is what happens when you have landlubber aristocrats commanding your fleets.

Carthage actually did something intelligent in my Romani campaign. After sending in a couple of full stacks of skirmishers and garamantine infantry -which got chewed up- against Carthage, which I held, the Q boys started shipping entire stacks from Iberia to Western Africa, which the Qs still held.

I guess this was when Carthage was able to produce Iberian lancers, the light cata armored ones.

It took them decades to do that, given that I removed Carthage, Atiqa, and another province from their control.

Carthage would probably be the best faction to fight in the late end game, due to the fact that they get 2 more trade routes in their ports, really nice trade bonuses to their temples, and a good mix of phalanxes and heavy cavalry and assault infantry.