PDA

View Full Version : ITALIA TOTAL WAR ..

dimitrios the samian
12-19-2007, 13:55
Can anyone tell me if this mod for VI is still available for download anywhere ?

axel
12-20-2007, 22:14
hi mate there s 2 links below : http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=1200
and i think i got it somme where :yes:

dimitrios the samian
12-21-2007, 08:34
Thankx Axel ... I remember installing it and playing it but I was consumed with Hellenic & Fall of Rome at the time back in 2005 ,, I found the map campaign map difficult to focus on and made a comment about it to the maker but not long thereafter the thread vanished as did the modder and his website .
Anyway searching thru I found the following ... A proposed mod dealing with this most intriguing period in time in Italy prior to the Renaisance .
>>>> The info below is from Saundersag .
I have moved this thead previously in the entrance hall to hear as i felt that this was the proper place for this thread. I will now sum up all the ideas and development I have done. It will be based approximately between 1300-1500. This will hopefully be a mod with a campaign.
Firstly the Factions
Papal States
Sicily
Savoy
Florence
Siena
Venice
Milan
Naples
Genoa
Turks (unplayable)
French? (unplayable)
The reasons for the turks is that i will include the balkans on the map as on the coast there were venetian colonies. The rest of the balkans were controlled by the turks and the venetians and the turks had a period of warfare. Also the french in 1494 invaded Italy and this was the starting point of italian occupation. I was thinking i could have them working like the mongols in mtw.
Italy in this period was dominated by mercenaries in the early parts there were many foreign mercenaries such as french knights, almograves and longbowmen. However later on they became less depandant on foreign mercenaries and used more mercenaries from Italy. Also earlier on they focused on miltias heavily however they became used less and less later on. The name for mercenaries were conditorri these tended to be heavily armoured knights. To represent the amount of mercenaries around such units as conditorri heavy cavalry and stradiots ( i will describe later) you will be able to build normally however you will need an inn to train them. However foreign mercenaries such as english longbowmen will only be availaible through normal ways.
I also would like to have a different system for miltia as there were different types of miltia units. Therefore town guards will be required for building different types of miltia and also upgrades for town guards will improve the discipline of miltia units. As i said miltia units became more obscure and they were replaced by peramant units called provisionati who were professional soldiers.
Standard Unit List (this shall be the the basic unit list for everyone)
Conditorri Heavy Cavalry
Cavalleria leggiera (light cavalry, conditorri, demi-lances)
Mounted Crossbowmen (conditorri typically)
Miltia Bowmen
Miltia Crossbowmen
Miltia Spearmen
Mounted Nobles (rural petty nobles classed as miltia)
Crossbowmen-provisionati
Targhieri (Pavise Crossbowmen)-provisionati
Schiopettieri (handgunners)-provisionati
Lanze Spezzate (normal heavy knights)-provisionati
Bowmen-provisionati
Arquebuisters-provisionati
Light Infantry (spearmen+large sheilds)-provisionati
Spearmen-provisionati
Rotulari (sword and buckler)-provisionati
Halbedirs-provisionati
Bombard
Carriochas (will discuss later)
The Carriochas were universal in all italian armies they were carts pulled by oxen, the cart carried the colours and heradry of the armies they were souce of moral and a rallying point. Therefore i think i could have it so that they gave your army a moral bonus however if they were ever destroyed then the moral of your army would suffer.
These will be the standard units for everyone at the moment not including mercenaries.
Hear are some Mercenary Units
Landsknechten (german pikemen)
Swiss Pikemen
English Longbowmen
Almograve
I have included all foreign knights into the conditorri heavy cavalry.
Hear are some units for perspecific factions
Stradoti (balkans light cavalry used throwing spears, bows)-venice
Swiss Guard (swiss elite halbedirs)-papacy
Genoese Crossbowmen (fought during the 100 year war)-genoa
Sfakioty (cretan archers)-venice
Arsenalotti (doge's guards)-venice
Here are someother ideas. The milanes were famous for there armourers therefore the province of milan will give troops an armour bonus. Venice was a major naval power as was genoa before it lost to venice. So venice will have a bonus to its ships built in the province venice. The pisans were also quite famous for their crossbowmen so in this province crossbow units will gain have added valour to crossbow units. I would like to thank Angelnessuno as his post in the two crowns forum helped with many venetian units, nomad for telling me about the post, Al Khalifah for adding his views and helpful suggestions, Historycaesar also for his suggestions and views. I am still in the devlopment process and changes can be made at any point so if anyone has any information and suggestions please post. In my next post i may add some pictures. But please express your views and post.
Also if anyone would like to do a part of the mod help would be welcome especially on the camp map.

I beleive with the existing Italia TW by Fader already made for VI plus some a new map , some units which many probably exist in other mods we here can put the finishing touches on this time period .
FOOD FOR THOUGHT IN 2008 . :2thumbsup:

axel
12-22-2007, 22:46
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: gg mate
i wish i got more time but work keeps me buzzy , i got 53 hours this week :furious3:

dimitrios the samian
01-17-2008, 12:47
Hi Axel ..
Thats a lot of hours working !! hope your enjoying some MTW time .:beam:
By the way have you played this Italia Total War ?
I think it should be a sticky up above as its complete mod & still available .
cheers pal
D

axel
01-17-2008, 21:49
Hi mate,
No i never play this mod before, but i am planning to play but not at the moment.
But i did see the screens and the info of this mod on there own forum site long time ago, but this site dont exist anymore, but i know this is a complete mod and from wot i seen its a pretty nice mod aswel mate:2thumbsup:

axel
03-11-2008, 22:04
Hi dimitrios the samian,

did you play this mod mate???