PDA

View Full Version : KotR Additional Post-Cataclsym OOC Mechanics Poll

TinCow
12-19-2007, 15:01
Please accept my sincere apologies for forgetting about this until now. During the previous Post-Cataclysm Mechanics discussion, I mentioned that I had OOC CAs that I wanted to propose but which I would not discuss because I did not want to ruin the plot. I forgot about this until now. This CA is meant to implement a change to the game structure that resulted from the later events in the Cataclysm. I do not believe it would significantly alter the structure of the game, but it would gave the position of Kaiser some extra flavor and some (frankly) much needed additional abilities.

This should be an un-weighted vote in the style of the previous OOC Mechanics Poll.

OOC CA 14.9: No Elector may recruit or command Dismounted Imperial Knights, Imperial Knights, or Gothic Knights without the Kaiser's approval.

Ramses II CP
12-19-2007, 15:09
I would have voted yes except that our current Kaiser has such low authority it seems a strange IC time to be granting him additional powers. Wait for a high authority Kaiser or some IC justification IMHO.

FactionHeir
12-19-2007, 15:10
I'm not sure how that would work, since the chancellor recruits those units and not an elector?

TinCow
12-19-2007, 15:13
Elberhard's rock bottom authority was one of the reasons I gave him this ability in the Cataclysm. He needed to have some plausible way to restore order, so this was part of my solution. In my mind, Elberhard has almost no authority amongst the voting Electors, but the some of the more 'Imperial'-oriented non-voting Knightly ranks remain loyal to his command alone. I did not include Mailed and Feudal Knights because I feel that their names imply that they are loyal to the local Lords (Counts and Dukes) first and foremost. Teutonic and Crusader Knights were not included because they are religious-oriented and I did not want to start legislating on that basis.

This is not to say that my interpretation makes proper sense or is worthy of implementation, I am just explaining my thought process.

I'm not sure how that would work, since the chancellor recruits those units and not an elector?

Pretty simple: don't give those units to Electors that the Kaiser has proscribed. To make implementation easier, we could simply assume that all Electors have approval unless the Kaiser specifically states otherwise. (Opt-out, not Opt-in)

_Tristan_
12-19-2007, 15:18
I must admit that I agree with Ramses on that matter...

I'm not totally opposed to give the Kaiser extra powers or means to reward loyal Electors but this is bad timing... The present Kaiser is practically powerless and there is no logical grounds to give him that much power right now...

However, I find it a good idea to limit those recrutiments to the Kaiser's choice, once we have a new Kaiser...

Besides, the point is almost moot as our treasury should prevent us from recruiting any of those units in the years to come...

AussieGiant
12-19-2007, 15:19
I would prefer the idea that there is a complete block on anyone recruiting them until the Chancellor receives a direct order from the Kaiser.

I think it adds some flavour to the situation and it's easy to track.

I'd love to know what everyone's authority would be if they were Kaiser.

Privateerkev
12-19-2007, 15:25
It's OOC so I'm voting for OOC reasons.

The Kaiser needs something IMHO.

This is better than nothing and should add some flavor. :yes:

FactionHeir
12-19-2007, 15:30
Pretty simple: don't give those units to Electors that the Kaiser has proscribed. To make implementation easier, we could simply assume that all Electors have approval unless the Kaiser specifically states otherwise. (Opt-out, not Opt-in)

Hmmm I would prefer opt-in rather than opt-out, as otherwise it didn't make much sense for all of those units to have left their armies and joined up with him in the first place. Once opted in (i.e. approved), you can have them hired for you or he might even send a bunch directly your way.

I suppose it might be slightly difficult to make sure there are none of those in anyone's army unless approved (when command changes usually), but it would add flair.

In any case, I think the CA should thus be reworded to read "command" rather than "recruit"

TinCow
12-19-2007, 16:10
Actually, it says "recuit or use" which covers both contingencies, however, I will change "use" to "command" as that's a slightly better word. If it passes, I'll leave the 'opt-in' or 'opt-out' determination to econ21. Since he's both the GM and the Kaiser, he's the perfect person to determine how it's impemented.

Northnovas
12-19-2007, 17:20
I would prefer the idea that there is a complete block on anyone recruiting them until the Chancellor receives a direct order from the Kaiser.

I think it adds some flavour to the situation and it's easy to track.

I'd love to know what everyone's authority would be if they were Kaiser.

It's OOC so I'm voting for OOC reasons.

The Kaiser needs something IMHO.

This is better than nothing and should add some flavor. :yes:

I would have to agree there has to be something for the role of Kaiser. I wonder what the authority rating would be??

econ21
12-20-2007, 12:41
The CA passes with the required 2/3 majority.