PDA

View Full Version : Broken crescent mod and fair treatment.

AlphaDelta1
12-22-2007, 05:49
I understand that this thread is possibly in the wrong forum, but I want to draw attention to the theft of intellectual property.

As some may know I was the co-author of Broken crescent mod.

I decided recently that progress and direction weren't as I imagined, and so I made steps to move away from the mod and setup my work in a new mod framework. I hoped that the co-author "Mirage41" would be at the least civilized in our parting. Please understand that I have no intention to use a single byte of anyone elses work.

Unfortunately it has appeared that he has not only removed my administration rights from the BC mod forum, he has also banned me from that forum. His communications via MSN have been volatile and I no longer have a channel of communication with him.

Aside from rough treatment, the main issue I would like to raise is that he fully intends to steal my work and pass it off as his own. I would like to declare that no mod other than Medieval: Middle East has the rights to use my intellectual property. I hope the Org will be supportive in my case and will not side with a thief.

Thank for you reading and merry christmas.

IrishArmenian
12-22-2007, 07:04
AD, man. That whole conversation needs to be posted, to get the context.
All the BC fans, we feel betrayed and neglected. We never insulted you, nagged you, we showed you love! We loved your work. We love your work.
This really does make me sad. This was going to be the greatest mod, but now, now the team is shattered. We need to relax, regroup, take Christmas off and get back to the way it used to be.
Please?
I believe I speak for everyone when I say that everyone needs to relax and get back to the way things used to, minus whatever made you unhappy.
If you give examples, we may be able to change and we will readily welcome you back!
By the way, you're going to have to talk to a moderator about a new forum. I've been trying to make this one a legitimate BC forum and, despite my appearing to fai, I'm still working on it.

AlphaDelta1
12-22-2007, 08:47
Regardless of context I deserved no such abuse.

You understand that I said nothing about community nagging. I was merely talking about the other team members who on a daily basis would email/pm or write forum messages demanding where, when and why..

It was supposed to be a hobby but since some people feel the need to be a boss It will never be fun.

Hence I simply wished to move my work to a new mod and atleast have control of when and how I make the mod.

I wish Mirage the best of luck, but he won't be releasing any of my work with BC.

Cheers

Arsen of Arax
12-22-2007, 17:35
I would get as aggressive as mirage did to. Man you cant just leave the mod just like that, its so damn low.
"I would like to raise is that he fully intends to steal my work and pass it off as his own."

No he does not, you get all the credit for your work... and your work was for BC and BC alone!
Without the help of Ahiga you could not have done the units as historical and real. Yes you are a great Artist, but your actions are worthless indeed.

Medieval: Middle East .... talk about being the thief, stolen ideas?

Karo
12-22-2007, 17:36
AD the problem is the copyright for evreything lays with CA. So those units belong to them not to you, and the work was done for BC and those units belong there because you have no copy rights. No body can stop you using those units for your mod and you can't stop Bc for using the units either.

Arsen of Arax
12-22-2007, 17:41
AD the problem is the copyright for evreything lays with CA. So those units belong to them not to you, and the work was done for BC and those units belong there because you have no copy rights. No body can stop you using those units for your mod and you can't stop Bc for using the units either.

Exactly, sure do your Medieval Middle East mod and use your units there aswell, But you cant deny BC from using them to.

IrishArmenian
12-22-2007, 21:35
This really needs to be put in the past.
ME:TW and BC will not do nearly as well with smaller, divided teams. Look at how many mods have floundered in competition! There is no reason to continue being divided!
BC was going to be the total conversion, the team was the team. Now what? It is splintered all by miscommunication. That's what this is and I've seen it destroy much stronger bonds-- familial ones-- but this isn't the first mod to suffer from it.
My Advice: Who cares if it is released around Christmas? Everyone will be with family and drinking and having a good time! Take the rest of the month, maybe some of January off, then you can start mending this rift.
I am the Lorax Half Odar and I speak for the trees fans.

Vladimir
12-24-2007, 05:33
If you two don't pull it together and stop acting like children it's an insult to everyone who contributed to your work. Whatever the reasons are I hope they pass with the holidays. It's disappointing and shameful that this has to fall apart when it's so near completion. Seriously, what the hell?! Look at your support base!

Geoffrey S
12-24-2007, 15:49
Hilarious. You guys want to be remembered for releasing a major mod for MTW2, or for the broken Broken Crescent mod which was almost done and failed at the last hurdles due to puberty?

Hax
12-25-2007, 02:01
Seconded.

Guys, I do not know you very well and you may have your own reasons for hating eachother, but please.

This mod was the one thing that makes me want to re-install Medieval 2: TW asap (of course, EBII as well, but I don't see that mod in the near future).

To see such a great team splintered by internal struggles really is sad. I can not and will not force you into doing something, but AD and Mirage, can't you just finish this quickly and then be done with it? For the sake of the fans? You both seem like very reasonable people to me, and I think I speak for all the fans when I say that this is very sad.

Not sad in the way that you guys are pathetic, because you aren't. This mod has been progressing pretty fast, and this really is a shame. Just my opinion.

Shapur II
12-27-2007, 22:16
AlphaDelta, I declare my support for your project.

I understand that Mirage41 can be a pain as well since I have been at the receiving end of his rather banal comments.

TosaInu
12-27-2007, 23:21
Hello,

A mod team infiltrating into another and grabbing ideas or code/art to implement it into their own is bad. Incorporating someones elses work and claiming it to be theirs is bad.

It's proper to give credit, smart too.

Teams splitting up, that's unfortunate, but does happen. Work performed in the team can not be undone.

Best of luck to all.

mirage41
12-28-2007, 00:29
I want to clear some points up:

1) AD and the BC team do not 'hate each other'. Not even close. AD's relationship to me and the BC team has been 110% positive for pretty much all 8 months of our working together. We've pretty much been friends, as much as can be over the net. This situation prespired pretty much within the last 2 weeks and less. And mostly due to lack of communication, not because of any real tension amongst ourselves. Given some time off and relaxation, I'm confident AD will consider coming back on board to a mod he co-founded.

2) The BC team is continuing work as usual and, in my opinion, AD has little real intention of trying to sink a modding project that he effectively created. It's against his very nature and the passion he has for BC. This thread was made by him when he was probably in a very angry or simply stressed state - so please take that into account. Of course, I too was shocked and angry when this situation prespired. But that is all in the past now.

3) If some bottom feeding trolls think they can use a breach in the BC team to activate some petty personal vendettas against me or others then think again. While I'm dissapointed with AD's course of actions, I don't believe for second that he will let you use him for your own agendas - I know AD and that type of behavior is well below his standards. So take a hike. The rest of you have been reasonable and understanding of the predicament we're in, thank you.

IrishArmenian
12-29-2007, 04:15
Someone close this, please.