PDA

View Full Version : Modification of EBBS: Increase scroll speed

Ymarsakar
12-23-2007, 22:43
Here is the download link to the modified EBBS script file. Bovi recommended that I post this modification, so I assume this hasn't been done or mentioned before. I just assumed it was already here somewhere, since I'm new to the forums. [This change should increase the AI turn speed and campaign map keyboard scroll by 50-100%. Factions that took 5-10 seconds to complete their turn, now take 2-3 for me]

Download from megashare the EBBS script file, without the client ruler gov4 spawn section, with the latest Permanent 1.0 fixes here (http://www.MegaShare.com/330335).

I'm using an older version of the ebbs script file that was part of the 1.0 permanent fixes [about a month before]. Not the newest updated script file. If you want to do this with the newest file, just download the latest 1.0 permanent fixes EBBS script, open it up, look at the first section in the table of contents. It should be the Client[Puppet] Ruler section, then delete all the code in that section. Should be about 3/5ths of the entire text file length.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Section 1: Puppets

;Section 2: Reforms

declare_counter Romanii_Reform
declare_counter Saka_Reform
declare_counter Celt_Reform

That is what you should see at the end. A complete white section between Section 1 and 2. If you want to get more speed, you can delete the Reforms section. Then you can setup another "show_me" script file, like the one that pops up when you click on the Victory Conditions scroll on the faction page, which will activate the Reform for one turn. Then save/reload, and you get all the buildings and variables set without having to run the Reform section in your EBBS script file. I haven't worked out the bugs for this idea, of course, but you can activate another script via the victory conditions advice thread. I didn't get any further there because i was satisfied with the increase in the speed from just editing out the Puppet Ruler section. If you want more speed, then you can probably safely remove the money and population replenishment script section. Or replace the money script section with a more simplified version like konny's, which isn't faction specific, if I recall. [meaning there are less faction specific code like victory conditions] Anything that will decrease the size of the EBBS file should get you a noticeable increase in speed after a meg or two.

After you have gotten the zip and unzipped, place it in EB/Data/scripts/show_me

For the story on how I got to this point, essentially I found that the keyboard scroll for EB 1.0 was useless. I had to have my keyboard scroll, though, so I tried finding out just why my keyboard was stuttering when my mouse scroll worked fine on the campaign map. [given that there is no keyboard scroll lag before I activate script, and instant stuttering after script activation, it wasn't hard to figure out what was the primary cause]

I eventually found out through trial and error that you could remove the EBBs script with the client [puppet] ruler script section. This prevents gov4 from spawning a client ruler. It still gives you the Interloper trait if you put in a FM in that city, though. You can change that by editing the export character traits.txt file.

Affect Interloper 1 100

is what you search for. Replace 100 percentage with 1 or change Interloper to ReverseInterloper. If something crashes, check the spelling, This should be save game compatible given that I've experimented with changing the script around all through my 151 BC Romani campaign early on. Only CTDs I have gotten were after battles. Which were mostly removed by waiting 10 seconds on the detailed stats scroll before closing scroll.

Btw, this also increased my turn processing speed as well. Probably because EB is not checking "every' settlement to see if it had a client ruler and a gov4 building, for each and every faction.

Admetos
12-24-2007, 00:08
Note - If you change the trait files to remove the Interloper trait, that is not save game compatible. Other than that, this is a great idea and should really help people that have speed problems. :2thumbsup:

MiniMe
12-24-2007, 12:30
Ymarsakar, thank you.
Great solution for those who (like both AI and me) don't practice building level 4 governments at all.

cyberVIP
12-24-2007, 13:32
Salute

Could be somebody so kind to make a new version with latest script fixes?

MiniMe
12-24-2007, 14:01
быть может, кому на твов.ру охота вырезать шесть мегов из текстового файла? =Р
(после выхода 1.1. займусь, но не раньше)

Ymarsakar
12-25-2007, 02:37
Note - If you change the trait files to remove the Interloper trait, that is not save game compatible.

That's right, which is why I recommend that you simply paste in ReverseInterloper instead of Interloper. Changing that aspect of the Affect "trait" line would be save game compatible.

There's no need to remove the Interloper trait[present in the first half of the character traits file], given that you can remove the trait triggers or change them and their percentages.

Great solution for those who (like both AI and me) don't practice building level 4 governments at all.

So you just play the battles using only factional units without nomadic generals and some other auxiliary units?

I'm updating my instructions on how to change the EBBs file yourself at the top post. So long as you are just deleting script lines, without leaving some incomplete script lines at the end, it'll work.

MiniMe
12-25-2007, 02:48
But of course I rely on auxiliary units heavily =)
Using mercenary generals, however, to me seems to be a cheat. Have you seen eastern generals stats? Tanks, that's what they are.

Ymarsakar
12-25-2007, 02:57
The 16 armored mercenary generals modeled after the kinsmen cavalry? I'm going to play Baktria next, with their 29 (upgraded) armored horsies, so I will definitely have the heavier armored tank ; )

That and I'll be making the elephant hitpoints 4-6, I will eventually have a blitzkrieg force. Then using the add_money numidia, 100000 cheat, I'll be able to get some good battles in with my generals. End game fun there. [Numidia is the Ptolemy, makes for some nice battles at the end when you have basically won the game]

As for the mercenary generals, the ones I like are the lesser celtic vollorix and the nomadic 512 something mnai upkeep archer/lancers.

They are both very affordable, and with a large empire of 50, 70, 90, 100 something provinces, mercenary generals will be a required component of my strategy.

That and the fact that usually my FMs can't spawn with Naturally Intelligent and Very Lively for intel and vigorous very often.

Putting a Very Lively general into a temple of battle settlement=fun and guts ; )

MiniMe
12-25-2007, 04:11
The 16 armored mercenary generals modeled after the kinsmen cavalry? I'm going to play Baktria next, with their 29 (upgraded) armored horsies, so I will definitely have the heavier armored tank
Yes, their armor is 16. Their amount is 50. I call them "cheat Hetairoi"

That and I'll be making the elephant hitpoints 4-6...
I would also recommend you to increase their stamina. Eles are very hardy animals and I seriously doubt they could have been exhausted during the battle no matter how many archers they were carrying on their back.
Frightened? Amok? Sure. But never exhausted.

Ymarsakar
12-25-2007, 05:00
Amount of soldiers?

I would also recommend you to increase their stamina.

By adding the hardy trait, correct?

MiniMe
12-25-2007, 05:20
Amount of soldiers??
exactly. and they REGENERATE :skull:

By adding the hardy trait, correct?
by adding very_hardy =)

Ymarsakar
12-25-2007, 06:08
The regeneration ability of FM in combination with faction leader and heirs, was something I had to squeeze early on. I usually don't fight battles without a faction leader or heir, due to the fact that I can send them into harsh situations where regular cavalry would take permanent casualties. On large unit size, with 10 influence and some good ancillaries, Iusually get 61 members in the Romani consular guard for faction leaders.

I was amazed when I got charged by the Ptolemaio family member bodyguards against my phalanx. They would not die, they kept on trying to go through. It took spearmen to envelope them and 2 minutes later the general would die.

On another note, I made some personal modifications to the character trait file so that the training of new governors becomes more streamlined. This is for those that want to see exactly what their generals have in terms of intelligence, charisma, vigor, and the interesting things he can get if he has enough intel, charism, vigor. If anyone thinks they might wish to use this because they want to know how to train good FMs or if they want a more logical way of figuring out if a FM is good or bad, I can upload it for those that want it.

Ymarsakar
12-25-2007, 16:23
I've updated the base script file using the newest 1.0 perma fixes and the link at the top. There was a .04 meg decrease in the original file I uploaded because I had forgotten that I had also deleted the city-bonus modification, but not the EB money script. The newest version has nothing but the gov4 client ruler section removed.

I'm using konny's money script for my own personal version on my new baktria campaign, in addition to the EB money addings per AI settlement, just for more difficulty.

Lgk
12-26-2007, 00:15
Also try setting CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA_SMOOTHING:FALSE in preferences.txt to speed up the scroll.

cyberVIP
12-26-2007, 09:43
Вот и обновленная версия подоспела - кому-то было "в охотку" и без твов.ру ;)

Ymarsakar
12-26-2007, 14:25
What does tbob.py mean?

MiniMe
12-26-2007, 21:03
"www.twow.ru" in russian transcription, cyryllic alphabet may seem familiar but many letters ("в"="w" "у"="u" "p"="r" "x"="h" "и"="i") sound absolutely different.
I made a silly joke in russian, suggesting cyberVIP to aplly changes to the latest version of script by himself. Sorry for spamming in your tread
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Lgk
12-28-2007, 00:43
I just had a thought, is it possible to make type4 govt "building" allow manual recruiting of puppet rulers (eg with all the traits and restrictions)?

And, if so, only one per city w/o additional script?

Ymarsakar
12-28-2007, 16:24
The traits and restrictions are done through the character trait file. But the spawning and deletion of specific generals, used for client rulers, must be done via script. The script needs to know the "name" of the client ruler in question, and it can only do that if it spawns a general with a pre-specified name.

You could move a family member into a gov4 city and then have the traits/restrictions apply to him, but then he is still a family member acting as a client ruler, which defeats the entire purpose of having a puppet ruler feature in EB. It also gets into interesting questions of what happens when you destroy the gov4 building. Does the FM revert back to being a regular FM, does the city revolt and he gets pushed out?

And, if so, only one per city w/o additional script?

Any generals recruited must use the trait file to apply any traits to itself. So no building recruitment ability can do that for you.

Any potential changes in order to setup a different puppet ruler method of implementation would probably break saved games due to the amount of alteration necessary for the trait file.

Lgk
12-28-2007, 18:04
But isn't there any method to distinguish recruited generals from FMs? So any recruited general may become puppet ruler after ending his turn in gov4 city?

Any potential changes in order to setup a different puppet ruler method of implementation would probably break saved games due to the amount of alteration necessary for the trait file.
That doesn't really bother me.

Ymarsakar
12-28-2007, 20:21
But isn't there any method to distinguish recruited generals from FMs?

A couple of ways might work. But, again, that would require reworking the traits file since there's a lot of things that get spawned for recruitable generals in the original EB code. Not to mention all the different cultures and factions.

You have to get that feature in without breaking all the rest.

It could turn out to be a simple addition of a line that has a requirement that a gov4 building must exist. However, you would still need a level 5 MIC. Is there really a point to having a local puppet governor if you have to transfer generals from other places to there, or to have to wait to build a level 5 MIC?

mcantu
01-23-2008, 04:34
wow! this is great!

my turns went from 1:30-1:45 to less than 30 seconds. Is the client ruler part the only thing removed?

Ymarsakar
01-23-2008, 06:34
wow! this is great!

my turns went from 1:30-1:45 to less than 30 seconds. Is the client ruler part the only thing removed?

Yes. The other "safe" parts to remove are the Reform Conditions for each faction. The Reforms "kick" in when the conditions are met. So you only need to run the full EBBS script for One Turn to get the Reform Buildings for yourself and the AI. That means you can get rid of all the Reform scripts for the other AI factions the rest of the time you are playing EB, if you really really want to increase your turn speed more.

You can also increase your turn speed, by a smaller percentage, via running EB through Alexander.

V.T. Marvin
01-23-2008, 08:43
The other "safe" parts to remove are the Reform Conditions for each faction. The Reforms "kick" in when the conditions are met. So you only need to run the full EBBS script for One Turn to get the Reform Buildings for yourself and the AI. That means you can get rid of all the Reform scripts for the other AI factions the rest of the time you are playing EB, if you really really want to increase your turn speed more.

I am not so sure that it is so "safe" to cut out the reform script. I am not much of a scripter, but I see a lot of monitors in the reform scripts that apparently has to be monitored at all times.
For example the Hayasdan reforms are dependent on how big your empire is and how previously "hellenized" provinces become "persianized again" over time. Therefore the script monitors what settlements you have at any given moment and places reform buildings accordingly.
Having it run once would NOT help - the script might give you the buildings according the current state of the game, but it will not react to further development.
That is why reforms has to be in background script and not in run-only-once one.

Ymarsakar
01-23-2008, 16:33
I am not much of a scripter, but I see a lot of monitors in the reform scripts that apparently has to be monitored at all times.

;; Check Kabalaka for >= gov3, if true increase counter 1.
monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Kabalaka
and I_LocalFaction romans_scipii
and SettlementIsLocal
and SettlementBuildingExists >= gov3
and I_CompareCounter Caucasus_ReformA = 0

For complex bits of code, I would probably recommend that people skip it.

That is why reforms has to be in background script and not in run-only-once one.

Certain complex reforms are not ameliorable to such. Other reforms such as the Celt's or the Sweboz's, are. In the end, the user will have to make a choice concerning whether they want the seleucid empire to have reforms while they sit and wait for turns to process. Or whether sacrificing an AI's reform abilities, one way or another, is worthwhile for the player.

When your editing the EBBS script for yourself, you usually shouldn't delete your own faction's reforms. For some people, running EB on a 6.7 meg background script is still too slow for their preferences. I don't support such modifications, because it would vary depending on how much speed and which faction a specific individual is playing with, but I do provide it as an option and idea for people to get started on if they so choose.

mcantu
01-24-2008, 21:09
again...thanks so much for this. its made EB a whole new game for me

bovi
01-25-2008, 01:25
It should be back at 0.8x performance levels, as the client rulers were not in at that time. So you could say it's a whole older game :clown:.

craziii
04-01-2008, 03:06
wish I found this thread sooner. I hate the client rulers! if getting rid of it also improves game running performance, woooot!

QuintusSertorius
04-01-2008, 23:22
I take it if you make routine use of client rulers (I do, every settlement I take starts out with typeIV, gradually moving every 30 years to the next government phase) then this is of no use to you?

Lysimachos
04-02-2008, 06:37
If this is savegame compatible, it should work to do this, doesn't it:

1. delete puppet ruler part in the script
2. play
3. insert puppet ruler part in the script
4. build type iv gov, end turn, get puppet ruler
5. delete puppet ruler part in the script
6. play

So if you don't use them much you still could have puppet rulers without losing the time benefits in most of the turns. Do i assume right?

Ymarsakar
04-04-2008, 07:36
I take it if you make routine use of client rulers (I do, every settlement I take starts out with typeIV, gradually moving every 30 years to the next government phase) then this is of no use to you?

You can still use it but you'll probably have to micromanage your files by swapping them around.

You could maybe just create a named character of a certain age in a city using the cheat commands, then give him the client ruler trait. The script creates named characters, but I haven't tested that function to see if it works in game console.

Or you could do as suggested and swap out the files every 30 some odd years. If you use process_cq, you can get a gov4 immediately and then just switch back after a client ruler spawned. Actually, I haven't checked whether process_cq with gov4s spawn client rulers via the script or not.

Yossarian
04-07-2008, 09:28
This is such a great idea!

My game is running much faster now and I never build level 4 governments anyway.

Thanks!

kepta
04-09-2008, 22:27
Been using this technique for a while in 1.0 very helpful. But when trying it with EB 1.1 I'm having some trouble, removing client rulers from the script works fine and the campaign starts but any change to the interloper value in character traits file causes eb to crash when i try to start a new game. I have tested it with reverse interloper instead of interloper or changing "Affects Interloper 1 Chance 80" to "Affects Interloper 1 Chance 10" or "Affects Interloper 1 Chance 1" and other combinations but when starting a new campaign it always crashes. When i change it back to "Affects Interloper 1 Chance 80" new campaign then works perfectly. I have checked and rechecked the spelling and the spacing and everything else and this same exact change worked numerous times for me in 1.0.

The only thing i can think might be wrong is that I'm changing the interloper values for both gov4 and Nomad governments but that is what I thought I did in 1.0. Well i will go check just changing one and see if that works. It is not a game breaker for me as the turns are still quick just really annoying that i can't put any FM's in any gov4 now and was curious if anyone else noticed this same problem.

kepta
04-13-2008, 02:35
Ok fixed my problem for some reason notepad in windows is doing something weird I got http://www.textpad.com/download/#downloads and it works perfect. Double checked spelling and tried to use notepad by typing the same line back into wordpad from textpad. When I put the notepad version in it crashed and when i put the textpad version it works exact same spelling and spacing. Not sure why notepad is acting up I've used it for years happily as well as other text editors without a problem. Thought of it after reading of a similar problem in editing files from the alex thread.

HopliteElite
04-16-2008, 23:09
Are the modifications to get rid of client rulers compatible with EB 1.1?

eliad91
04-17-2008, 17:51
So if I use this now,I wont be able to play my saved game?
Kinda confused :dizzy2:

kepta
04-18-2008, 02:32
Its working fine for me in 1.1, and yes the changes made are save game compatible. I had to use textpad not notepad to edit the character traits file (but that might just be some weird problem i had).

Belisarius Maximus
04-18-2008, 19:25
I'm sorry about this, but I don't really understand what this mini mod does. I've not played EB long, but as soon as I saw that this addon speeds up the AI turns, I decided that it was definatly worth a try, but I got a little lost in the first post...

Could someone explain in noob terms what this addon does, and how it works please?

eliad91
04-18-2008, 21:47
:ave:
The mod works awesomely !!
Thank you so much,all so fast now :rtwyes:

Belisarius Maximus
04-19-2008, 12:22
Ignore what I said, I got it working anyway, and MY GOD it makes a difference! Thankyou so much for posting this on here!

Fish-got-a-Sniper
04-20-2008, 17:48
1.1 compatable?

scutum
04-22-2008, 20:18
That is what you should see at the end. A complete white section between Section 1 and 2. If you want to get more speed, you can delete the Reforms section. Then you can setup another "show_me" script file, like the one that pops up when you click on the Victory Conditions scroll on the faction page, which will activate the Reform for one turn. Then save/reload, and you get all the buildings and variables set without having to run the Reform section in your EBBS script file. I haven't worked out the bugs for this idea, of course, but you can activate another script via the victory conditions advice thread. I didn't get any further there because i was satisfied with the increase in the speed from just editing out the Puppet Ruler section. If you want more speed, then you can probably safely remove the money and population replenishment script section. Or replace the money script section with a more simplified version like konny's, which isn't faction specific, if I recall. [meaning there are less faction specific code like victory conditions] Anything that will decrease the size of the EBBS file should get you a noticeable increase in speed after a meg or two.

After you have gotten the zip and unzipped, place it in EB/Data/scripts/show_me

This is very helpful, although for me removing puppet ruler script doesnt make the turns much faster and it still takes about 90 sec to complete a turn as it did before.

However I didnt quite understand the above quote. If I run the full script the first turn I start a new campaign, then remove the reforms section do I still get the reforms?

scutum
04-22-2008, 22:17
Its working fine for me in 1.1, and yes the changes made are save game compatible. I had to use textpad not notepad to edit the character traits file (but that might just be some weird problem i had).

Do you have to change character traits file if you remove the puppet ruler script?

Fish-got-a-Sniper
04-26-2008, 01:38
Can you update this for 1.1

kepta
04-26-2008, 08:04
Do you have to change character traits file if you remove the puppet ruler script?

No but if you do not edit the trait file you will receive the interloper trait with your FM's when they are in a city with a level 4 gov. So it works fine without it just annoying if you want i can you instructions or i can send you an edited version of the latest 1.1 character trait file with the fix from bovi's thread.

Ymarsakar
05-01-2008, 15:00
If I run the full script the first turn I start a new campaign, then remove the reforms section do I still get the reforms?

The script checks conditions for reforms every turn so all you have to do to get reforms is to have the script running for one turn when those conditions are met.

Having a lot of factions during the AI turn moving and what not will also slow down your turn speed, so you should try to eliminate as many factions as you can.

The rest of the time, you won't need the reforms script section running. I have not tested this in a game since I don't use such a modification.

Some reforms may not work correctly if you only run it one turn or if you don't leave it on at certain points.

For those asking for 1.1 compatibility, simply follow my instructions using text reader on the new 1.1 EBBS script file and you can have your own 1.1 compatibility. This is better than waiting for me to play 1.1 and change it, then upload it here.

If you know how to use textpad (notepad doesn't seem to work now for 1.1) and can cut and paste, the modification won't cause you any problems.

My modified script in the uploads may work for 1.1 and probably will, but it doesn't have any new changes from the 1.1 EBBS script. So it loses out on those fixes and what not. It will work, for the most part, but not as 1.1 intended.

PershsNhpios
05-03-2008, 10:07
Thank you Modification of EBBS: Increase scroll speed, you have saved my script life.

After installing your mod, I had the greatest script I've had in months, and now my script life is more relaxing, smoother and overall more enjoyable than ever before!

If there are any here who have been having problems in the script-department, or simply aren't having fun with script anymore - I completely recommend using this modification!

Ymarsakar
05-13-2008, 07:51
For people that want this to work with 1.1 and aren't willing to do it themselves, you'll need to upload the 1.1 EBBScript and post a link here for me to change. I've downloaded EB 1.1 but since I'm not going to be playing EB 1.1 soon, I'm not going to go into the hassle of getting the required files for something I'm not planning on using.

But I will make the changes if you post a link to the file.

thelord
05-15-2008, 21:33
yes could somebody do me a huge favour and upload the modified files which are save compatible but will still increase the speed. I want to try this out but I have had too many problems in the past caused when I try and modify it myself and really don't want to try anything again for fear of breaking my game.

LorDBulA
05-16-2008, 08:40
Go to 1.1 fixes thread in "EB bugs raport" section of EB forum and grab a speed fix from EB team. You can safely add it to your EB1.1 and everything will work fine.

QuintusSertorius
06-26-2008, 17:16
Has anyone done an update of this for 1.1 that doesn't require me to go and edit the script myself?

I'm getting to the stage where I've given up on client rulers as a lost cause given how many bugs they cause (even if I love the idea of it). Cutting them out would seem to be better than tidying up the scripts, when it's their naming that causes all the problems.

mcantu
06-26-2008, 19:28
i haven't noticed any problems with client rulers. i used to use this mod until the refined script fix came out...

||Lz3||
06-26-2008, 20:28
what version of the crip are you using mcantu? lordboula's potential fix?

Gester24
07-29-2008, 03:27
plz can some one plz help me. im just 14 lol and i dont understand this. its really slow on my campaign map and i want to make it faster plz. can some one help me do this step by step?

QuintusSertorius
07-29-2008, 14:57
plz can some one plz help me. im just 14 lol and i dont understand this. its really slow on my campaign map and i want to make it faster plz. can some one help me do this step by step?

Do you just want to cut the client ruler section out? If so that's pretty straightforward.

Otherwise download the optional client ruler optimisation from the fixes thread.

V.T. Marvin
07-30-2008, 10:09
I'm getting to the stage where I've given up on client rulers as a lost cause given how many bugs they cause (even if I love the idea of it). Cutting them out would seem to be better than tidying up the scripts, when it's their naming that causes all the problems.
That is a pity Quintus, because client rulers are an amazing idea and I really love them and I use them extensively - especially for role-playing natures like you and me are they are almost indispensable. I have never encountered any problems with them neither using the original script nor the "optimized" one. :yes: I just hope that they will be in EB2 too.:2thumbsup:

What I would recommend is to get rid of the whole Interloper/Impostor part od EDCT as well as remove the movement poits penalty the client rulers get (it is a shame when client king cannot defend his owh realm against a bunch of pesky rebels) and role-play it all. :2cents:

QuintusSertorius
07-30-2008, 10:14
That is a pity Quintus, because client rulers are an amazing idea and I really love them and I use them extensively - especially for role-playing natures like you and me are they are almost indispensable. I have never encountered any problems with them neither using the original script nor the "optimized" one. :yes: I just hope that they will be in EB2 too.:2thumbsup:

What I would recommend is to get rid of the whole Interloper/Impostor part od EDCT as well as remove the movement poits penalty the client rulers get (it is a shame when client king cannot defend his owh realm against a bunch of pesky rebels) and role-play it all. :2cents:

I had a look at the EDCT and gave up on that idea. Too messy, too error-prone.

There's an easy workaround without the script anyway; recruit a general and give him the Client Ruler trait through the console.

a completely inoffensive name
07-31-2008, 01:39
Out of all the special events:
;8: Special Events
; 8a: The Chersonesos Event
; 8b: Tomb Of Alexander
; 8c: Baktrian Independence
; 8d: Roman Triumph
; 8e: Seleukid Anabasis
; 8f: Pahlava Shahanshah
; 8g: Sweboz Triumphs
; 8h: Devastation Script
; 8i: Nomad Horse Discount
; 8j: Gauls - Epeiros Alliance
; 8k: Celtiberian Alliance
; 8l: Rhegion (Romani only)
; 8m: Spartan Agoge Messages
; 8n: Xanthippos
; 8o: Yuezhi Invasion
; 8p: Casse Landing
; 8q: Naravas

Is there any that are not used at this point that could also be removed for additional speed? I know the Alexander tomb is deactivated due to Saba being added but are any others as well?

Gester24
07-31-2008, 03:44
i dont get how to copy and paste it to the original script. i have v1.1 can some one explain which paty i should go to in the script, what to copy and how to put it in the original scrpt. i dont get it and it takes sooo long for the the ai to use their turn.
P.S would i have two scripts? the original then the downloaded one? i dont get it. plz help

QuintusSertorius
07-31-2008, 10:50
i dont get how to copy and paste it to the original script. i have v1.1 can some one explain which paty i should go to in the script, what to copy and how to put it in the original scrpt. i dont get it and it takes sooo long for the the ai to use their turn.
P.S would i have two scripts? the original then the downloaded one? i dont get it. plz help

Gester24, do you understand what renaming a file means? That's all you have to do.
1) Go to EB\data\script\show me how
2) Right click on the EBBS.txt file that's already there (should be about 11MB), and select "Rename".
3) Type "original" at the beginning of the name and press enter.
4) Move the new EBBS.txt (the smaller one) into the same directory.
5) You're done, run the game as normal, activating the script as normal.

QuintusSertorius
07-31-2008, 18:20
Gester24, your PM box is full again, which is getting a bit annoying when I'm responding to your questions.

I've given you instructions how to switch the script above. Do you use Windows Explorer? Do you understand how to navigate between directories and such?

I don't know if I can make it any plainer than this:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Kiero/EB%20screenshots/Game%20Test/Ilocation.jpg

That's what my EB folder looks like, specifically where the scripts are stored. The one highlighted is the old script. Notice I've renamed it.

The one still called EBBS.txt is the new, cut-down script. Rename the old, copy the new one into the same directory. That's it.

Gester24
08-02-2008, 03:58
Gester24, your PM box is full again, which is getting a bit annoying when I'm responding to your questions.

I've given you instructions how to switch the script above. Do you use Windows Explorer? Do you understand how to navigate between directories and such?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Kiero/EB%20screenshots/Game%20Test/Ilocation.jpg

That's what my EB folder looks like, specifically where the scripts are stored. The one highlighted is the old script. Notice I've renamed it.

The one still called EBBS.txt is the new, cut-down script. Rename the old, copy the new one into the same directory. That's it.

oh so i dont need to like save the new one into the old one? the old one stays the same jsut the name is different? how would i upload this when i play the game? would it work?
thanks for the help i appreciate the help. can you send me a link of that force diplomacy thning? lol it would be cool to have that. so thats all i do? i jsut have to put it into the file i dont change anything in the old except the name?
thnx so much i appreciate it.

thnx QuintusSertorrius!! ^_^

Gester24
08-02-2008, 04:02

whats an EDU?

QuintusSertorius
08-02-2008, 12:00
oh so i dont need to like save the new one into the old one? the old one stays the same jsut the name is different? how would i upload this when i play the game? would it work?
thanks for the help i appreciate the help. can you send me a link of that force diplomacy thning? lol it would be cool to have that. so thats all i do? i jsut have to put it into the file i dont change anything in the old except the name?
thnx so much i appreciate it.

thnx QuintusSertorrius!! ^_^

You don't need to do anything more with it than put it in that folder; because the old one has a different name, the game ignores it and uses the new one instead.

Force Diplomacy is in the second stickied thread on this subforum.

No, you put the file in that directory, you don't need to open or edit either of them. Just the name of the original EBBS.txt.

whats an EDU?

It's the export_descr_unit.txt, where all the units details are stored. It also has their "internal names" that the engine uses to distinguish them. Open it, but don't edit it to get the names of units for spawning with create_unit.

Gester24
08-02-2008, 23:25
You don't need to do anything more with it than put it in that folder; because the old one has a different name, the game ignores it and uses the new one instead.

No, you put the file in that directory, you don't need to open or edit either of them. Just the name of the original EBBS.txt.

It's the export_descr_unit.txt, where all the units details are stored. It also has their "internal names" that the engine uses to distinguish them. Open it, but don't edit it to get the names of units for spawning with create_unit.

oh thnx so much i really appreciate it.

can you direct me to the thread with the force diplomacy? im not sure where to go lol..

QuintusSertorius
08-03-2008, 01:57
Force Diplomacy is here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80763).

Gester24
08-03-2008, 04:15
Force Diplomacy is here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80763).

thnx!! ^_^

Gester24
08-05-2008, 03:54

where can i find or get this EDU? can you plz direct me where to go in the folders?
thnx

take care

QuintusSertorius
08-05-2008, 11:06
where can i find or get this EDU? can you plz direct me where to go in the folders?
thnx

take care

EB\sp edu backup\export_descr_unit.txt

Gester24
08-06-2008, 23:51
EB\sp edu backup\export_descr_unit.txt

whata i looking for in the note? if you know what section it would be great.