PDA

View Full Version : RAID THE TREASURY!! MUHWAHWA!!

Vuk
12-23-2007, 22:47
One thing that really makes me angry in the other Total War games was that after you killed all the family members and destroyed the faction, you got nothing. The faction could have 100,000,000 florins in the treasury, and you will get none of them. You should be able to have you treasury in a certain place, and when you conquer an enemy faction, you should be able to steal from theirs.

Each city has its own treasury I know, but I am referring to the royal or national treasury.

Vuk

Mikeus Caesar
12-24-2007, 02:37
Yes, i also did believe that when you conquered a sizeable city (anything above small town) you should have gotten a chunk of the treasury, rather than just 500 denarii. And once you finish off a faction, you should gotten all their moneys. Would have been rather more realistic.

Heck, even if you don't get all of it (say lose 50% to looting and destruction), it would still be better than current scenario.

Plaidwarrior
12-24-2007, 22:36
have it in your capital so you have an incentive to move it before it is overrun. P.s. can you move your capital if it is underseige?

Bravedude
12-25-2007, 03:10
I thought about that as well, but it just makes the factions more able to crush the other factions more easily. Ex. Say that Denmark is rich but only has that one city, HRE crushes it takes all its wealth and now attacks and takes Milan's two cities with ease. The Italian cities are rich and now HRE is spreading into france and poland with more money and power then both combined. By 1200 HRE has taken Europe.

Fisherking
12-25-2007, 10:13
For most factions I would pretty much agree that the money could get lost or spirited away. The only times it has really chapped my cheeks is with the emerging factions that have no homes but plunder like locusts. Surely killing them off should give you a money boost. You split it with the troops of course….but.

For Empires I don’t know what the answer is. The Moguls were said to posses fabulous wealth but I don’t know that it went into the imperial treasury.

Commerce was driving force in this time period. Acquiring a fine port and perhaps some prize ships bottled up there would be a great boost in a game of this time.

I am sure it will all come down to what the game balance is.

Plaidwarrior
12-27-2007, 18:50
but how much money would you have at the beginning of the game, it would help to have it but it would not make you a superpower instantly to get their treasurey.