PDA

View Full Version : How to modify city types?

Perturabo
12-28-2007, 08:43
I would like to modify certain civilisations city types (specifically the eastern greeks) to use the 'Egyptian' format from vanilla RTW. I don't particularly like the mishmash of Greek/Eastern buildings used in them, though I recognise that it may be more realistic, and would like to use a more visually pleasing alternative.
Obviously a lot of effort has gone into modifying building descriptions to fit EB, so I am concerned it may not be possible, though I note that many of the Ptolemaic cities still use Egyptian building styles.
Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!

The truth is that I would be happy to transfer across data from the modified files to the Egyptian buildings to gain the desired result, but just need to know where and how to do the modification work.

I would also like to use the vanilla Egyptian strategy map pictures of the buildings as well as the actual 'city view' buildings.

Perturabo
12-29-2007, 10:59
I have managed to update the base city type to Egyptian, however the Governers House and Temples are still Greek. So another plea for assistance!

1/ What file do I update to change the 'Eastern Greek' town/city types to reflect a Egyptian Governers House (of all scales) and Temples?

2/ How can I unpack the vanilla Egyptian building card pictures to update the 'UI' folder, giving me updated construction cards end of turn and strategy map building pictures? The only reference I can find to a programme that will unpack it leads to a dead link i.e. programme is long gone.

I really appreciate any assistance that can be offered.

*as a matter of interest, the combination of Egyptian base city with Western Greek temples and govereners house (and sundry buildings such as markets) looks extremely good. Also I seem to be getting less lag while playing and inspecting these city types.