PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game [Concluded]

Omanes Alexandrapolites
12-28-2007, 10:37
This sort of continues from Part I:

A small village to the west of the city of Liverpool in 1823. The Great Consciousness, Fenric, has returned for his vengeance upon the town's people. He once again has possessed one villager for his evil doings which he transforms into a hideous beast at his command. He also has morphed himself into the form of a human being to manipulate the town's inhabitants.

Also at this time, one "werewolf" is known to be terrorizing the town. On nobody's side, this murderous wolf-man wishes to kill both the consciousness's, his beast, and every single one of the villagers in his lust for blood.

Roles (12)
Villagers (7)
The Beast (1)
The Great Consciousness (1)
The Werewolf (1)
Assorted Pro-Villager Roles (2)

The villagers, as you may expect, are this game's version of a townie. With no special abilities, all they can do is vote daily to help lynch a suspect. They gain a victory if either the beast or the consciousness and the werewolf is dead.

The Beast doesn't know who he is - he gains a villager PM just like a villager. He only wins, along with the town, if the consciousness and the werewolf is killed.

The Great Consciousness knows who he is, and also knows who the beast is. He gains one kill per night, which he uses his beast to perform, and he loses if either he or the Beast is killed. Players may be able to detect the consciousness if he is overly protective of a certain player (his Beast).

If the beast is killed the consciousness leaves the town. Players will be notified of this event. If the consciousness is killed, then the beast transforms into a normal villager. On this occasion though, although everybody will know of the consciousness' death, the beast's identity will not be revealed.

The Werewolf is a serial killer (who simply is there to prevent a single round game). He can kill once every night. Due to the beast and him having similar characteristics, kills probably will be hard to differentiate.

The assorted pro-villager roles, and their abilities, will be kept secret to the end of the game.

Standard game rules apply - no screenshots and no quoting of role PMs. Rounds will last until either a majority vote is placed on a player, or until 72 hours has concluded (this is to comply with Andres' hosting rules, so cannot be changed).

Note: This game contains new ideas which have undergone testing only once. On that occasion it didn't quite go to plan (the consciousness was killed first round resulting in a very quick game). Due to this, you may find a few problems with the set-up. If you have any suggestions or complaints please inform me.

This game is currently in the sign-up phase - feel free to join by posting within the thread. I will start when I have twelve eager players ready to begin.

Signed Up (12/12):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
Caius
Charge
FactionHeir
ilikethisgame5
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Tiberius of the Drake
Seamus Fermanagh
shlin28
Warluster

Andres
12-28-2007, 10:57
Sign me up :bow:

Warluster
12-28-2007, 11:13
Sign me up as well.

Charge
12-28-2007, 13:24
Why not?

FactionHeir
12-28-2007, 13:35
Trying it again.

seireikhaan
12-28-2007, 20:35
:charge:

Tiberius of the Drake
12-28-2007, 22:45
innage

Tratorix
12-28-2007, 23:28
In.

shlin28
12-28-2007, 23:39
IN!

Caius
12-29-2007, 00:38
:inquisitive:

Kommodus
12-29-2007, 06:26
Sure, I'll have a go at this...

Seamus Fermanagh
12-29-2007, 23:21
I'd like to try -- schedule permitting.

Caeser The III
12-30-2007, 07:24
sign me up:bow:

Tratorix
12-30-2007, 21:18
That makes twelve, though i'm not on the list for some reason...

Seamus Fermanagh
12-31-2007, 02:18
That makes twelve, though i'm not on the list for some reason...

You probably did not turn in enough box tops.

:devilish:

Caeser The III
12-31-2007, 05:05
heh,..........thats weird, you should be on there:thinking2:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
12-31-2007, 09:02
Sorry BSR, I somehow forgot you ~:(

The sign-ups are now closed and the Role PMs are undergoing distribution.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
12-31-2007, 09:42
Day I Prologue
With roles now assigned, Day I begins.

With twelve players alive, it take seven votes to be placed on one player to result in a lynch. Likewise it takes seven votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made by 9:00 GMT on the Wednesday 2nd of January, then the person with a number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (12):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
Caius
Charge
FactionHeir
ilikethisgame5
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Tiberius of the Drake
Seamus Fermanagh
shlin28
Warluster

Killed (0):

Lynched (0):

Kommodus
12-31-2007, 15:43
Ok then...

Vote: ilikethisgame5

Welcome to Mafia on the .Org, friend! :bow: I don't recall seeing you here before, so how about a little introduction! Tell us a bit about yourself, where you're from, and, er... what's your favorite band and musical style? :2thumbsup:

Caius
12-31-2007, 17:04
Vote:Warluster

Charge
12-31-2007, 17:14
Ok, nothing to think much at moment, so

Vote : BSR
are you going to lurk again?

shlin28
12-31-2007, 17:31
Vote Andres

Alphabetical order rules!

FactionHeir
12-31-2007, 17:32
vote: shlin

Alphabetical is outdated.

seireikhaan
12-31-2007, 17:39
Vote: Caius

For inevitably lurking.

Tiberius of the Drake
12-31-2007, 18:47
Vote:warluster
factionheir is right, alphabetical is outdated so lets go reverse alphabetical!

Caius
12-31-2007, 18:59
Vote:Warluster
Cough cough.

Tratorix
12-31-2007, 19:36
Vote: Tiberius These alphabetical order votes are going to drive everyone to change their name to something that starts with M or N.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-31-2007, 23:13
Cough cough.

Which still means you're the only chap not to have provided even a spurious reason for his vote. I mislike this, so...

VOTE: Caius

Note: BSR, your "counter" vote on Tiberius seems a little silly. Since alpha-order is a randomish sortof vote start, I doubt anyone will be prompted to change their usernames. You over-react....Or search for an excuse?.....

Warluster
01-01-2008, 03:52
For now I shall vote for:

Vote: Caius

For voting by the list in alphabetical order, why not wait and make a vote which makes sense?

Tratorix
01-01-2008, 06:55
Note: BSR, your "counter" vote on Tiberius seems a little silly. Since alpha-order is a randomish sortof vote start, I doubt anyone will be prompted to change their usernames. You over-react....Or search for an excuse?.....

I meant that as a joke. It was just a random vote.

Andres
01-01-2008, 22:04
Vote : Seamus

You're obviously guilty :inquisitive:

Welcome back to the Gameroom :bow:

Caeser The III
01-01-2008, 22:05
VOTE:CAIUS

Caius
01-01-2008, 22:17
Which still means you're the only chap not to have provided even a spurious reason for his vote. I mislike this, so...
It's a random vote, but nothing serious against him.

Following that logic, then ilikethisgame5 should be voted and not me. I receive votes because I lurk (!?), when I was the second to vote and that person votes later than me.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-02-2008, 10:02
Day I Conclusion
After much indecisive debating, no majority vote was reached. Caius, however, was the poor fellow who had a number of votes closest to the majority, henceforth he was to be lynched.

After a short while of working out the method which would be used to perform the kill, it was decided that Caius should be simply shot in the head - the villagers didn't want too much of a mess to clean up afterward.

Tally:
Caius - 4 (kamikhaan, Seamus Fermanagh, Warluster, ilikethisgame5)
Warluster - 2 (Caius, Tiberius of the Drake)

ilikethisgame5 - 1 (Kommodus)
Brave_Sir_Robin - 1 (Charge)
Andres - 1 (shlin28)
Tiberius of the Drake - 1 (Brave_Sir_Robin)
Seamus Fermanagh - 1 (Andres)

Alive (11):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
Charge
FactionHeir
ilikethisgame5
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Tiberius of the Drake
Seamus Fermanagh
shlin28
Warluster

Killed (0):

Lynched (1):
Caius

Night I begins. Due to a small real life incident, I will be away for just over two days. This is fairly inconvenient, since night phases, unlike day phases, cannot really be left to run themselves for so long.

I can guarantee my return by the afternoon (GMT) of Friday 4th of January though. This hopefully won't damage the game too much. Sorry for any inconvenience ~:(

Caius
01-02-2008, 19:03
Thank you fellas, I will see you in the grave.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-02-2008, 20:05
Thank you fellas, I will see you in the grave.

Would you care for a bit of cheese to go with that w(h)ine? :devilish:

Caeser The III
01-03-2008, 05:09
he might need a wee of bit crackers:shrug:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-04-2008, 19:55
Night I Conclusion
shlin28 was a farm labourer/technician. This resulted in him usually returning home covered in a greasy combination of oil, mud and general filth after a hard day of operating the heavy machinery which was now common place upon all modern farms in the English countryside.

Despite the power of the mixture, a hairy creature still could sniff out shlin’s human scent from across the village. After a few moments of pinpointing the scent’s emitter, the deformed being charged with the might of an animal toward shlin’s home. After smashing through the wooden door, and transforming it to splinters in the process, the mighty animal pinned shlin to the floor, rendering him helpless against the merciless creature. The beast stared at shlin for a few seconds; shin did nothing but murmur random words and phrases - paralysed with fear. The creature then lifted its head, opened its jaws, and tore out shlin’s heart.

Tiberius of the Drake was having a drink in the village pub - the beer was much cleaner than the water, and one was less likely to catch cholera from the micro-organisms it harbored.

As the evening progressed, the pub slowly emptied as the villagers returned to their homes/huts to turn in for the night. Eventually, only Tiberius and the barman remained, both discussing the previous days events.

Tiberius eventually, like the other villagers, chose to return to his home. As he walked to leave the pub, the barman requested that he stayed, and had a few more drinks - on the house. Tiberius turned down the offer, although stated how kind it was, and continued along his journey towards the pub door.

Before he could reach it though, the barman placed himself in between Tiberius and the exit. As Tiberius requested that he allowed him to leave, the barman's appearance began to change. Hair was forming upon all areas of his body, animal like muscles bulged through his shirt and shining white fangs began to grow within his powerful jaws. Within seconds of the transformation being complete, the "barman" launched himself upon Tiberius, who just managed to run towards the rear of the pub before he was caught by the beasts fangs.

Despite him managing to get away at first, the creature managed to catch up in the end. He launched himself at Tiberius, which resulting in him being flung onto the pub's toilet. As Tiberius screamed, the murderous beast simply gnawed through his flesh mercilessly, ending his life in a slow and most traumatic fashion.

After Tiberius' corpse was almost completely destroyed and consumed, the vile creature carved some writing with his fangs onto the broken remains of one of his bones. The writing, which also was stained with blood, had no clear meaning:
"There shall be only one Mr T"

Day II begins. With nine alive it takes five votes to result in a lynch. Likewise it takes five votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision is reached by 17:00 (GMT) on the Monday the 7th of January, the person with a number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (9):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
Charge
FactionHeir
ilikethisgame5
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Seamus Fermanagh
Warluster

Killed (2):
Tiberius of the Drake (N1)
shlin28 (N1)

Lynched (1):
Caius (D1)

FactionHeir
01-04-2008, 20:00
vote: Charge
Because the deformed being charged into shlin's house...
(or rather don't know who to vote)

shlin28
01-04-2008, 20:16
:laugh4:

Kommodus
01-04-2008, 20:26
Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

You know you're guilty, man, admit it. :yes:

Charge
01-04-2008, 20:37
Vote: Warluster

ok seen Seamus (replying) later as well, so will go with Warluster. hmmm

Seamus Fermanagh
01-04-2008, 21:39
Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

You know you're guilty, man, admit it. :yes:

Me personally or in this game? :smartass:

Me personally, then....how the heck did YOU end up with the evidence?!?

This game here....try again.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-04-2008, 21:54
Facts for the moment -- very tentative as we're only through two sessions.

1. Voting for Warluster is unhealthy. Two did so, neither lives (1 lynch, 1 murder). Straight retribution? Framing WL?

2. Numerous votes in R1 were a bit "cavalier." Understandable in an opening day vote but...

3. Caius -- now confirmed innocent with two subsequent murders :shame: -- was railroaded out for being a touch flippant and then defending himself too non-chalantly.

For my own part, I'll have to

VOTE: Factionheir

Both of your votes so far were "flippant." Are you, perhaps, playing with us a little to create a sense of misdirection? :inquisitive:

Kommodus
01-04-2008, 22:35
Me personally or in this game? :smartass:

Both! :yes:

Me personally, then....how the heck did YOU end up with the evidence?!?

Holmes escaped from my laboratory and is currently rounding up enough evidence on all of us to put us away for a long time. These guys :policeman: :bobby2: are coming to put is in the:dancinglock:, so better get ready for :ballchain:!

This game here....try again.

Um... if at first you do succeed, why try again? :inquisitive:

Seriously, Holmes knows you pretty well, and it says you're guilty. I'm afraid I can't elaborate more at this time; the details will have to remain hidden. Everyone else, you can trust me or not - up to you. ~;)

Warluster
01-04-2008, 22:55
Well, we've heard something this whole game from everyone except kamikhaan, who has remained strangely silent. Why don't you speak up kamikhaan?

And the second kill was on a pub toliet...:laugh4:

I personally don't suspect anyone but kamikhaan, who has been online today.

Caeser The III
01-04-2008, 23:21
Vote: Warluster

shlin28
01-04-2008, 23:23
No reason?

FactionHeir
01-04-2008, 23:25
unvote: Charge, vote: ilikethisgame5
A vote with absolutely no explanation?

seireikhaan
01-05-2008, 05:15
Egh, sorry 'bout not participating more. But this has been a rather busy couple days for me, what with getting back to school for second semester, going to caucus, and now a speech and debate tournament this weekend(fortunately, in town, but I just got home a few minutes ago), so I haven't had much time to analyze mafia. Omanes, might I ask who does the writeups? You or the mafia?

Although, personally, I'm inclined towards Andres. Starting a little vote against Seamus, and doing so in a rather non chalant fashion. Not to mention, he's nowhere to be found now, where art thou, Andres?...:inquisitive:

Vote: Andres

Tratorix
01-05-2008, 06:25
Vote: Seamus

I've got no clue, so i'm bandwagoning on Kommodus' reasoning.

Warluster
01-05-2008, 10:06

You give no reason, simply vote because someone's already voted for me (WHo actually had a reason to vote, whereas you don't) It may not be killer tactics, but its certianly unsmart.

Andres
01-05-2008, 18:56
Not to mention, he's nowhere to be found now, where art thou, Andres?...:inquisitive:

Filling boxes, moving them to my car, driving to new house, emptying boxes in house, empty boxes in car, driving back, etc etc...

Risking my life cleaning the gutter of the roof of said new house, painting, fixing some minor electricity issues, cleaning, ...

And sometimes I find the time to moderate the Gameroom.

You asked me the same question in Christmas Mafia and I already answered it there.

Memory of kamikhaan, where art thou?

Vote : kamikhaan

You're too young to be senile.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-07-2008, 13:28
I agree, completely unexplained votes, especially after hours of time to respond, should not be encouraged.

Unvote Factionheir;

Vote: ilikethis game5

Charge
01-07-2008, 13:31
Hmmm. How Omanes can give him in the first game so important role, that you think we need to lynch him? *forgets own 1st game

however if unexplained votes will continue - yep lynching is the way to go.

FactionHeir
01-07-2008, 13:41
Omanes might make him the beast possibly. Unsuspecting townie and all.
In my first game with Omanes he made me the mafia target.

Caius
01-07-2008, 14:41
Hmmm. How Omanes can give him in the first game so important role, that you think we need to lynch him? *forgets own 1st game

however if unexplained votes will continue - yep lynching is the way to go.
Omanes can give roles randomly.

Kommodus
01-07-2008, 15:23
What the...? Seamus is obviously trying to save himself; he just put the lynch vote on ilikethisgame5. C'mon guys, lynch him already!

FactionHeir
01-07-2008, 15:31
And where is the evidence?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-07-2008, 18:34
Day II Conclusion:
Once again no majority vote was reached. Despite this, ilikethisgame5 had a number of votes closest to the majority so was to become the one who would undergo the lynching process.

After much thought, the people of the village decided to throw him off the church tower - the vicar was away in town for a meeting with the bishop, so was not there to oppose this move.

ilikethisgame was henceforth dragged upto the top of the church, screaming as he was unwillingly moved. Once he had reached the top, he was immediately flung off, first knocking himself out as he hit the roof of the main area of the church and secondly making a bloody mess as he landed fairly gruesomely upon the floor.

Tally:
ilikethisgame5 - 3 (FactionHeir, Warluster, Seamus Fermanagh)
Warluster - 2 (Charge, ilikethisgame5)
Seamus Fermanagh - 2 (Kommodus, Brave_Sir_Robin)

Andres - 1 (kamikhaan)
kamikhaan - 1 (Andres)

Night II begins. All orders must be in 17:30 (GMT) on the 8th of January.

Alive (8):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
Charge
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Seamus Fermanagh
Warluster

Killed (2):
shlin28 (N1)

Lynched (2):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)

Charge
01-07-2008, 18:42
Told you Omanes wasn't so cruel this time..

Seamus and Warluster voted innocent two rounds in a row.. hmm.
FomS: Seamus
FomS: Warluster

Kommodus
01-07-2008, 20:11
Not too bright, guys... :dizzy2:

Fine. Since I'll probably be killed tonight, I'll tell you my role.

I am a detective into supernatural occurances. Each night I PM Omanes with a player to investigate. His response is either "supernatural" (implying either consciousness, beast, or werewolf) or "normal" (villager or pro-villager role).

On the first night I investigated Seamus and found him to be supernatural. He's an enemy of the town.

Omanes did indicate my results would not be 100% accurate, but he didn't say exactly how accurate they were. I think the evidence against Seamus is sufficiently damning:

1. I used Holmes to pick him out of the crowd for investigation.
2. My investigation results indicated guilt.
3. He obviously voted to save himself this past round.

I didn't want to reveal this yet, because I wanted to live longer and do more for the town as the detective. But in this game, a detective for a mafioso is a good trade. That's why I'm revealing now before I die.

Since the town was too paranoid to take my word on this, they've lynched a probably innocent person and lost their detective. :no:

Ah well, as long as you lynch Seamus next round, you still have a chance.

Charge
01-07-2008, 20:24
why not say it later a bit?

Kommodus
01-07-2008, 22:28
why not say it later a bit?

Because in Mafia, it's illegal to reveal one's identity after death. If I died before saying this, the information I gathered as detective would be lost with me.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-08-2008, 18:46
Night II Conclusion
Charge was packing a hessian sack extremely urgently with every last one of his belonging - as if he wished to get away from the village as quickly as possible. Why he was doing this though is a very good question that can never be answered for sure.

After Charge had completed his packing, he dashed out of his home as rapidly as possible, tripping over twigs and rocks in the path as he ran as if for his life.

Suddenly, Charge halted. His body mysteriously underwent a peculiar transformation. It glowed an eerie green as he was gradually shrouded in a thick black smoke. Charge's final human breath left his lips as the smoke rushed upwards towards the sky, dragging every last atom of life from his body with an evil cackle.

Day III begins. With seven alive it takes four votes to be placed on one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes four votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made by Friday the 11th of January at 17:30 (GMT) then the person with a number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (7):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Seamus Fermanagh
Warluster

Killed (3):
shlin28 (N1)
Charge (N2)

Lynched (2):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)

FactionHeir
01-08-2008, 20:10
Hmmmm so who killed Charge? That's didn't seem like either beast nor werewolf.
Good news though is there was only 1 kill, so ilikethisgame5 was either werewolf, beast or consciousness.

Charge
01-08-2008, 20:20
Hmmmm so who killed Charge? That's didn't seem like either beast nor werewolf.
Good news though is there was only 1 kill, so ilikethisgame5 was either werewolf, beast or consciousness.
Do not know what :daisy: did it, but ilikethisgame isnt beast for sure (consciousness would have to leave town otherwise..), if he was .... then Omanes certainly has something against newbies :grin2:

it's likely just only real werewolf/cons. not acted this night ..

hmmm town Vote: Seamus?

shlin28
01-08-2008, 20:47
So Kommodus... who did you investigate last night phase?

Warluster
01-08-2008, 23:27
I have a few suspicions. For one; when I was asking kamikhaan to put in his thoughts, ilikethisgame5 immediatly voted for me, and though he was online numerous times, failed to provide a explanation. Was he protecting someone by throwing suspicion on another person?

There was a second kill because:
A) They were lynched
B) They were inactive.

There is a possibilty of A, but B as well. Maybe we should focus on inactive players, but not vote at once, but at least make them provide a explanation?

I believe the killer has twice linked something. This time, Chagre was mysteriously charged to death, last time, Tiberius was labelled, 'There shall only be one Mr T'.

FactionHeir
01-09-2008, 00:23
shlin was charged not Charge

Warluster
01-09-2008, 04:07
Suddenly, Charge halted. His body mysteriously underwent a peculiar transformation. It glowed an eerie green as he was gradually shrouded in a thick black smoke. Charge's final human breath left his lips as the smoke rushed upwards towards the sky, dragging every last atom of life from his body with an evil cackle.

I reckon thats being zapped, if not it sounds like a dark evil magic thing. I thought shlin got his heart ripped out?

FactionHeir
01-09-2008, 11:57
Oh, I though you meant how Omanes writeup had the beast charging into shlin's home.

Andres
01-09-2008, 12:01
Not too bright, guys... :dizzy2:

Fine. Since I'll probably be killed tonight, I'll tell you my role.

I am a detective into supernatural occurances. Each night I PM Omanes with a player to investigate. His response is either "supernatural" (implying either consciousness, beast, or werewolf) or "normal" (villager or pro-villager role).

On the first night I investigated Seamus and found him to be supernatural. He's an enemy of the town.

Omanes did indicate my results would not be 100% accurate, but he didn't say exactly how accurate they were. I think the evidence against Seamus is sufficiently damning:

1. I used Holmes to pick him out of the crowd for investigation.
2. My investigation results indicated guilt.
3. He obviously voted to save himself this past round.

I didn't want to reveal this yet, because I wanted to live longer and do more for the town as the detective. But in this game, a detective for a mafioso is a good trade. That's why I'm revealing now before I die.

Since the town was too paranoid to take my word on this, they've lynched a probably innocent person and lost their detective. :no:

Ah well, as long as you lynch Seamus next round, you still have a chance.

The mafia probably tries to incriminate Kommo.

I for one don't see what more reason we need then this genuine detective reveal.

Vote : Seamus

Kommodus
01-09-2008, 15:24

Next round, lynch Warluster, who was found to be supernatural! :yes:

Seamus Fermanagh
01-09-2008, 20:30
Okay.

Long impassioned defenses extolling one's innocence tend to be pointless -- as General Hanky taught me -- so I'll keep this brief.

I suspect that Kommodus is on the up-and-up as a detective and not spoofing with a false reveal. He is seldom comfotable lying to his audience.

Therefore, I must have rated as "supernatural." I'm not.

K acknowledges, however, that his results were scripted as being imperfect by our host. Were I hosting, I'd have normals who registered as supernatural just to keep things a bit chancy and promote gameplay. This may explain the results.

Note, the last departure was more of an exit than a murder -- as would happen if we lynched the Con's proxy beast. The town is close to a win, but the follow through needs to be careful.

Lynch if you must.

Andres
01-10-2008, 00:11
Lynch if you must.

Yes, we must.

Tratorix
01-10-2008, 00:44

Reveal seems genuine enough.

FactionHeir
01-10-2008, 01:08
vote:seamus

seireikhaan
01-10-2008, 02:23
Hmm, Vote: Seamus

Seamus Fermanagh
01-10-2008, 04:53
....getting suspicious about all of the furtive looks cast his way by neighbors.

Begins to tidy up cottage and label things. Seems a bit melancholy.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-10-2008, 08:44
Day III Conclusion
After Seamus' name reached the number of votes required for him to have the majority, two of the villagers restrained him ready for the lynch to occur.

While the villagers were selecting how they should remove him, Seamus' body began to gradually transform as a deep black smoke surrounded him. This gathering smoke flew upwards, taking Seamus' body with it up to the sky - shouting harshly "I will be back again" as it went.

Seamus Fermanagh (The Consciousness) has been lynched. This has resulted in the Beast becoming a normal villager and the Consciousness ending up defeated.

Night III begins. This night phase will be extended slightly to fit in with a more convenient schedule. Henceforth, orders must be in by 12:45 (GMT) on the 11th of January.

Tally:
Seamus Fermanagh - 4 (Andres, Kommodus, Brave_Sir_Robin, FactionHeir)

Alive (6):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
Kommodus
Warluster

Killed (3):
shlin28 (N1)
Charge (N2)

Lynched (3):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)
Seamus Fermanagh (Consciousness - D3)

Seamus Fermanagh
01-10-2008, 13:52
Kommodus:

Sorry to lie to you, but it was -- I assure you -- only in and for gameplay.

Your analysis of my nefarious behavior in this game was -- as you knew -- spot on. I tried to muddy up the waters a bit, but it was too neatly packaged. Kudos sir!

Kommodus
01-10-2008, 15:42
Kommodus:

Sorry to lie to you, but it was -- I assure you -- only in and for gameplay.

Your analysis of my nefarious behavior in this game was -- as you knew -- spot on. I tried to muddy up the waters a bit, but it was too neatly packaged. Kudos sir!

No problem, Seamus! I understand perfectly. :bow:

When you're a mafioso and you get investigated by the detective, it's almost impossible to avoid being lynched. You did all you could, but unfortunately circumstances were stacked against you.

Now we just have to find the werewolf... :holmes:

EDIT: Question for the host. Did the beast know his own identity?

EDIT AGAIN: Never mind...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-11-2008, 13:23
Night III Conclusion
Kommodus was out for a brisk walk to relieve a headache he was suffering from. After a while he began to consider turning back, yet, when he turned around to do this, he found himself colliding with a figure who's face and body was silhouetted against the moonlight. All Kommodus could make out was an excessive level of hair all over the figure's invisible body.

"What's up holmes?"

"I beg thee pardon?", Kommo said.

"You are going to die K-man."

"But, but, ... The consciousness is dead? How is this possible?"

"You didn't read da rulez? I hate it when people don't read da rulez!"

"What rulezzz..." was the last thing Kommo ever said, before the evil creature open his merciless jaws and bit off his head.

Later on, the body was found. In it's belly the words "Bye bye K-man" were carved.

Day IV begins. With five alive it takes three votes to be placed on one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes four votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made by Monday the 13th of January at 17:30 (GMT) then the person with a number of votes closest to the majority will be automatically lynched.

Alive (5):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
Warluster

Killed (4):
shlin28 (N1)
Charge (N2)
Kommodus (N3)

Lynched (3):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)

Seamus Fermanagh
01-11-2008, 13:54
3 votes for a lynch, 5 remaining players.

Wolfie must survive against the odds for a while, but only a little while

bad lynch = 4
night kill = 3
bad lynch = 2 and wolfie wins.

As the consciousness, I'll refrain from further analysis beyond the obvious because I'm rooting for wolfie to take your guts for garters.

Have a nice day.

FactionHeir
01-11-2008, 15:01
Well, Kommodus found Warluster to be supernatural.
However, we don't know if he's the werewolf or the now-cured beast.

Lacking further information however,
vote: Warluster

Kommodus
01-11-2008, 17:53
Well, hardly a surprising night result... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I also can't be sure whether Warluster was the werewolf or the now-cured beast. As I noted before, I found him to be supernatural in an earlier investigation. However, I still recommend lynching him, for the following reasons:

1. It's at least a 50/50 chance that he's the werewolf.

2. I thought his behavior more closely matched that of someone who had a role that he knew about, not someone who had a role he didn't know.

3. The werewolf missed his night 2 kill. I think that Warluster was the one most likely to fit this profile; most of the others were fairly active during that phase (though BSR may have missed this kill as well).

Ghost vote: Warluster

C'mon man, why did you have to kill me? :laugh4:

Warluster
01-11-2008, 22:55
Well, I can assure you I am not a werewolf. I didn't receive a PM, so I must be the beast. (Sorry for those I killed, but didn't know I kille you.) I'll proabably die anyway, so I'll say this:
I shall be laughing at you in my grave!

1)50/50 chance I might not be, and I am pretty certian I was the beast.
2)Eh? Can someone please tell me how you find this out, how can you tell the diffrence if you know or not?
3)I thought I was active the whole game, look over the last few threads.

So to make things even:
Vote:FacationHeir
For easily believeing I was the werewolf.

Andres
01-12-2008, 12:40
Meh, the odds are 1/2 that Warluster is the werewolf.

That's enough for me to Vote : Warluster

*** disappears back into rooms filled with boxes, murmuring "now, in what box did I put the screwdriver I need to reconstruct that closet..." ***

The joy of moving... :grin:

seireikhaan
01-12-2008, 15:35
Vote: Warluster. Not exactly a whole lot else to go on...

Kommodus
01-12-2008, 16:09
1)50/50 chance I might not be, and I am pretty certian I was the beast.

The odds that you're the werewolf are 50/50; for the rest of us, those odds are considerably less, so you're still the best lynch choice.

2)Eh? Can someone please tell me how you find this out, how can you tell the diffrence if you know or not?

By way of example:

You give no reason, simply vote because someone's already voted for me (WHo actually had a reason to vote, whereas you don't) It may not be killer tactics, but its certianly unsmart.

In the above post, you lashed out at ILTG5 because he was the second player to vote for you (and also because he didn't give a reason). But that still makes it look like you had a strong reason to want to live.

3)I thought I was active the whole game, look over the last few threads.

Everyone has been active on the .Org during the whole game, but during the night 2 period, you were the least so.

So to make things even:
Vote:FacationHeir
For easily believeing I was the werewolf.

This thinly veiled retaliation vote is, to say the least, suspicious...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-12-2008, 17:49
Day IV Conclusion
Warluster received the third vote - the one required for him to be lynched. He was immediately restrained, while the town chose a method to kill him.

After a few moments of thought, the villagers chose to hang him on the village's gallows. These hadn't been used for years - nowadays most criminals were sent to Liverpool to be hung. Due to their age they were based upon an old design which provided a slow and painful death from suffocation. Henceforth Warluster was hanging from the gallows for a good twenty minutes, choking and spluttering as he gradually died in an unbearable manner.

Night IV begins. Orders must be in by 16:45 (GMT) on Sunday the 13th of January.

Tally:
Warluster - 3 (Andres, kamikhaan, FactionHeir)

FactionHeir - 1 (Warluster)

Alive (4):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
FactionHeir
kamikhaan

Killed (4):
shlin28 (N1)
Charge (N2)
Kommodus (N3)

Lynched (4):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)
Warluster (D4)

FactionHeir
01-12-2008, 19:04
:gah:

Seamus Fermanagh
01-13-2008, 03:04
So, the town offed the wrong bloke again,
Now it's moonrise and another refrain.
The Wolfman said "dearie me,
Four for now -- next it's three."
As their numbers continue to wane.

Mal chance citoyens! He'll have your tripes yet! :devilish:

Warluster
01-13-2008, 10:20
Well, like I said before:
I told you so!
:yes: :laugh4:
I remember why I took a tempoary break from Mafia before; because I always appear to be the mafia.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-13-2008, 18:46
Night IV Conclusion
"Kay... Kay... khaaaan"

kamikhaan was practising his singing and piano play in order to write his newest opera. kamikhaan had always been a musician ever since he was a child. He'd even almost bankrupted his parents to be able to attend an opera school in Vienna. His ambition was to become the new K-man Amadeus Mozart.

"Ugh, you know man, I really hate that modern music, the opera crap and the like", a strange, hairy voice said.

kamikhaan answered "Kay... Kay... khaaaan...".

"Argh". The werewolf groaned. "That's it."

Before kamikhaan could unleash yet another of his terrible "Kay... Kay... khaaaan's" accompanied by really, really false piano play, his head was bitten off.

Day V begins. With three alive, it takes two votes to be placed upon one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes two votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to happen.

If no choice has been made by 17:30 (GMT) on Wednesday the 15th of January, the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (3):
Andres
Brave_Sir_Robin
FactionHeir

Killed (5):
shlin28 (N1)
Charge (N2)
Kommodus (N3)
kamikhaan (N4)

Lynched (4):
Caius (D1)
ilikethisgame5 (D2)
Warluster (D4)

shlin28
01-13-2008, 19:31
BSR is not the werewolf, he wasnt online for that time. (Unless he sent orders beforehand...)

Out of the other two... I would lynch FactionHeir.

FactionHeir
01-13-2008, 22:33
I wasn't online until I just came back either?

Anyway, I don't know which one of the two is worse. But for now
vote:Andres

He might be moving but putting it in most of his posts seems to be more a tactic to divert attention off him.

shlin28
01-13-2008, 22:37
I wasn't online until I just came back either?

But you were on the forum during night phase (you posted two posts) :laugh4:

FactionHeir
01-13-2008, 22:42
Then you want to tell me why I should be mafia just because I happened to be online at a tiny point in time during the start of the night phase, rather than Andres who was also online at some point during that time?

shlin28
01-13-2008, 22:53
Last night and this morning actually, so you have two opputunities to send orders. But Andres... he did not make any post that I could see before the night phase begun, or its duration, or afterwards. So I think the best choice for lynch is you.

Caius
01-13-2008, 23:02
Vote:Andres

Seamus Fermanagh
01-14-2008, 00:58
Stop voting Caius, you're dead -- and this is NOT Cook County.

Three little villagers sitting quiet at the pub,
One's a bit different and thinks the others are grub.
Have to lynch the bad guy -- how should the choosing be?
I know! Rock-Paper-Scissors! So One...Two....Three!

seireikhaan
01-14-2008, 01:09
:laugh4: Okay, stop being such a poor sport, Seamus.~;p

Seamus Fermanagh
01-14-2008, 02:38
Just having a lark -- no sour grapes for me.

I knew it would be a tough one the moment Omanes tapped me -- I haven't figured out how to spoof Holmes yet, so I was rather happy I lasted as long as I did.

I just can't resist bad poetry. :deal:

seireikhaan
01-14-2008, 03:27
Just having a lark...
No worries, same here.:beam:

Tratorix
01-15-2008, 06:32
Vote: Factionheir

i think if Andres was the werewolf, he would probably have at least come online to put a vote in to save himself.

Andres
01-15-2008, 09:04

i think if Andres was the werewolf, he would probably have at least come online to put a vote in to save himself.

FactionHeir has been manipulating the town during the course of the game. Can't see anything unusual about BSR.

Vote : FactionHeir

Rien ne va plus...

I hope we made the correct choice.

FactionHeir
01-15-2008, 10:13

Considering he is in invisible mode and not coming on to vote is a good cover, that is a poor explanation.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-15-2008, 13:41
Day IV Conclusion
FactionHeir's name was called out when he reached the required number of votes. Brave_Sir_Robin restrained him while Andres went to fetch a pistol to perform FactionHeir's lynch with - with so few villagers left, cleaning up the mess of a more violent lynch may have been problematic.

FactionHeir, in the meantime, was constantly protesting his innocence and claiming that Andres was most indefinitely the werewolf. His pleas were ignored.

When Andres placed the pistol at FactionHeir's head, he instantaneously fired. As blood began to flow from the ugly wound, FactionHeir's body was hastily buried in a pre-prepared hole in the nearby field.

Andres and Brave_Sir_Robin, then went to the village pub to have a few drinks to celebrate the demise of the character who was thought to be the werewolf, and, as Andres put it, also take "a bite to eat" claiming he was ravenous.

As Brave_Sir_Robin sat on one of the wooden stools, Andres went to the door, and, for a mysterious reason, bolted it and locked it using a key. Brave_Sir_Robin, oblivious to this, continued sitting on his stool, chatting to Andres who he thought was sat directly behind him.

Andres began to transform at this point, as prickly hairs grew from beneath his skin. Unfortunately, Brave_Sir_Robin didn't notice this fur growing on his "friend" and, when Andres crept up behind him and opened his jaws, he noticed nothing until his head was mercilessly devoured.

Andres, the werewolf, now knowing there was no fresh meat left in the town, gradually walked away from the town. Filled with pleasure at his almighty feat, he was now moving onto another village to gain an even larger fill of succulent human flesh.

FactionHeir has been lynched resulting in Andres, the werewolf, only having one opponent - Brave_Sir_Robin. Since Brave_Sir_Robin cannot perform any action on the following night phase which could save the town from defeat, this has resulted in a Werewolf Victory :bow:

Tally:
FactionHeir - 2 (Brave_Sir_Robin, Andres]

Andres - 1 (FactionHeir)

Alive (1):
Andres (Werewolf)

Killed (6):
Tiberius of the Drake (Paranoid Supernatural Detective - Killed N1 by Werewolf)
shlin28 (Villager - Killed N1 by Consciousness/Beast)
Charge (Villager - Killed N2 by Consciousness/Beast)
Kommodus (Supernatural Detective - Killed N3 by Werewolf)
kamikhaan (Villager - Killed N4 by Werewolf)
Brave_Sir_Robin (Villager - Killed D5 by Werewolf)

Lynched (5):
Caius (Villager - Lynched D1)
ilikethisgame5 (Villager - Lynched D2)
Seamus Fermanagh (Consciousness - Lynched D3)
Warluster (Beast (D1-D3) Villager (D3-D5) - Lynched D4)
FactionHeir - (Villager - Lynched D5)

Roles:
The villagers, the conciousness, the beast and the werewolf have already been explained, so only the detectives need a full explaination.

The Supernatural Detective (Kommodus) was a detective into the supernatural who could investigate one player upon each night phase. His result would be either "Supernatural", indicating beast, werewolf or conciousness, or "Human", indicating villager or pro-villager role. Results were not 100% accurate.

The Paranoid Supernatural Detective (Tiberius of the Drake) was told he was a Supernatural Detective, but his role had a key difference. Rather than simply gaining the results a normal detective would get, he was told that all suspects were Supernatural, regardless of their stance.

Actions:
Night I:
Seamus Fermanagh (Conciousness)/Warluster (Beast) killed shlin28 (Villager).
Andres (Werewolf) killed Tiberius of the Drake (Paranoid Supernatural Detective).
Tiberius of the Drake (Paranoid Supernatural Detective) investigated FactionHeir (Villager) and gained no result since he was killed.
Kommodus (Supernatural Detective) investigated Seamus Fermanagh (Conciousness) and was told he was supernatural.

Night II:
Seamus Fermanagh (Conciousness)/Warluster (Beast) killed Charge (Villager).
Andres (Werewolf) chose not to act.
Kommodus (Supernatural Detective) investigated Warluster (Beast) and was told he was supernatural.

Night III:
Andres (Werewolf) killed Kommodus (Supernatural Detective).
Kommodus (Supernatural Detective) investigated Warluster (Beast turned Villager) and gained no result since he was killed.

Night IV
Andres (Werewolf) killed kamikhaan (Villager).

Thankyou for participating :bow:

FactionHeir
01-15-2008, 13:57
I think this should be a lesson for everyone never to trust a greenie.

Thanks for hosting Omanes

seireikhaan
01-15-2008, 14:22
:gah2:

I told you guys he'd been behaving oddly...

Andres
01-15-2008, 16:51
:gah2:

I told you guys he'd been behaving oddly...

I wasn't lying when I said I had less time due to RL :shrug:

Thnx for hosting Omanes :bow:

And thnx for supporting me Seamus :laugh4:

shlin28
01-15-2008, 18:42
I was so sure Andres was innocent :embarassed:

FactionHeir
01-15-2008, 20:56
Or rather in most games you always think I am the mafia.

Warluster
01-16-2008, 00:22
I knew it! I knew it!I know, I didn't know it.

Good game Omanes!

seireikhaan
01-16-2008, 01:51
I wasn't lying when I said I had less time due to RL :shrug:

Thnx for hosting Omanes :bow:

And thnx for supporting me Seamus :laugh4:
Don't you love it when RL makes a convenient(and real) excuse for lack of activity?:beam:

Seamus Fermanagh
01-16-2008, 05:41
I had Andres pegged when he voted for me -- not anything specific at first, just an Aggonyduck gut-hunch, but the tone of his preceding few posts before my lynch and the degree of glee in his "we must" made me think I was correct. Of course, he was my last remaining hope to see you all dead, so I resorted to poetry. Mostly the poetry was just for the fun of it -- I really do have fun with rhyming -- but there's also always a small chance it will annoy someone off a clear train of deduction so....

Of course, Andres wisely voted to kill me -- I would have in a reversed position -- and he played it smoothly to the finish. Kudos! Serial killer wins in ANY mafia are a hard-to-come-by result.

Kommo -- WELL DONE. You took a small field and got 2 of 3 on successive nights. Did you pick up on me taking out Shlin just because he was between the beast and me (no better reason for a first kill) or was it something else?

Caius
01-16-2008, 23:20
Thats why I voted Warluster, but I told somebody they would have lynched me.

You lynched me anyways :gah2:

Nah, I was kidding. I just made a random vote and I got lynched.

Kommodus
01-17-2008, 18:21
Gah! Andres, the werewolf, is victorious! Good game, man - you deserve this win. :bow:

As for me, I've been away on a business trip for the past two days and the schedule was extremely hectic, which is why I couldn't participate in the last round. :embarassed:

Kommo -- WELL DONE. You took a small field and got 2 of 3 on successive nights. Did you pick up on me taking out Shlin just because he was between the beast and me (no better reason for a first kill) or was it something else?

'Twas something else, my friend. But the new and improved features of Holmes (tm) will have to remain just that - secret. :2thumbsup: