PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Civilizations Mk III

Motep
12-28-2007, 23:46
Rise of Civilizations MK III

This is a game that Lucjan hosted quite a while back. However, he failed to finish it. Later Cauis would take up the torch, hosting a "part two". Control was then handed off to Crazed Rabbit who finished the game safely and enjoyably (with himself firmly in the lead, I might add)

Background - This is a game of strategy and leadership. Player’s pick a civilization of their choice and lead it to greatness through the art of diplomacy, economics, colonization and warfare. The game begins in a fictional Greece where rather than waves of migrating people settling down to found their cultures, all the civilizations of the world have risen to prominence all at once. This game is not intended to be historically accurate, and instead focuses on fun and gameplay.

Number of Players - There is no limit to the number of player’s that can play the game in total, however, there is a limit to the number of civilizations that can exist, this limit will be imposed when the influence of the game’s combined kingdoms spreads across the whole of the map.

Types of Players - There will be one type of player in the game. Kings, who are in control of an entire Kingdom and can dictate the diplomatic, military, economic and cultural development of their kingdom. Once the map is filled, I might reconsider another option.

Can Players Be Eliminated?- [spoil]Players will never be removed from the game simply by losing their kingdom. If another player is willing to take that player in as a count or duke, they can continue to play, they’ll simply have to work their way back up if they intend to rebuild a kingdom. However, if that player is not accepted within three turns, he or she will be considered "eliminated".

Goals and Winning- The goal is to become the Supreme Emperor of all of Greece. I do mnot care for the voting idea, and simply state that you all have fun with it, and try to worm your way into dominance. I will, however, post the top person at the end of each month, so that we might bow down and grovel.

Playable Civilizations - Any civilization is playable, whether it is historically accurate or not. This game is about fun, not historical accuracy, so consider your only limit to be as far as you can think. Your cities do not even have to be historically accurate, you can have a "skittletopia" if you wish it to be so.

The Map -This is the geographic map we’ll be using for the visual aspects of the game.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt.jpg

Turns and Reports - Each turn will start at 9am Monday and end on at 9pm Friday, results will all be tallied over the course of the week and the weekend for our later posters. Unfortunately, this schedule cannot always be the case, But I will stick to it as neatly as possible.

Diplomacy - Diplomatic communication is greatly encouraged between players and cooperation may be crucial to some culture’s survival. While player’s may feel free to make any deals in conversation between each other that they want. Diplomacy is done between players only and does not need to be made public unless players choose to make it so.

Other Diplomatic Actions (these have to be pmed to me, so they can be made real)
- Trade Agreement
- Give Money
- Give Troops
- Give Region
- Give City/Castle
- Appoint Duke
- Appoint Count

Economy - The economy in Rise of Civilizations will directly influence the amount of money you make per turn from taxes and trade. Each active city's economies will be rated on a scale of 1-5. This number, multiplied by 200, will give you the total taxes taken from that city each turn. This number can be manually increased by spending twice the current income of a region to upgrade it to the next. Therefore, spending 400 gold will increase a level 1 city to level 2. Trade will give you 100 per turn, multiplied by the number of trade levels. These trade levels are on a scale of 1-6, and can be increased in the same way that economies are.

Culture - You civilizations culture expands simply through settlement. Settling cities is simple, all you need to do is spend 3000 gold on a city to have it become an active, contributing settlement to your tax and trade income, anything less than that places the city on the map, but does not make it economically important enough to be taxed or traded with.

Cultural Actions
- Found a New City
- Settle an Existing City

Military - The military aspect of Rise of Civilizations is handled simply. Players can recruit the following units, with the following costs and upkeeps. All units equal 100 men. These men are subtracted from the populations of the settlements they’re recruited from.
Infantry - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Missiles - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Cavalry - 125 gold recruit / 75 gold upkeep

Now, the actual battles will be done in a different fashion from the other RoC. They will be done more in the fashion of my WWI interactive, with some slight tweaks.

Walls can built around your city and will cost $500 per level of the city they are built around. Thus, if you build them when your city is at level 1, it will cost you an additional 500$ to upgrade to level 2, or your walls will be worthless. They cut the collateral damage done to the city by half, and provide an offensive and defensive bonus to your troops of +10 to whatever they roll. If they roll a 40, it counts as a 50.

If the city has belonged to an enemy faction within the past three turns, you will receive an offensive and defensive penalty of -10 to whatever you roll, as the populace will be unwilling to give you a hand.

There will be some civillian casualties (collateral) taken during a city battle. They will have a standard defense of 50%, which will be multiplied by the enemy's attack, and another number based on how many turns the battle has lasted. For the first turn, the number will be .25. for the second turn, it will be .15. For every turn thereafter, it will have been reduced to .05. Certain things like walls cut down on collateral damage by another half. For each person lost, you will lose 2 gold from your coffers. Say, in the battle, 50 civillians are killed. You lose 100 gold to pay for damages.

The battles:
Defending Units:
----Cavalry – att, 30-99 – def, 40-99
----Archers – att, 35-99 – def, 20-99
----Infantry – att, 25-99 – def, 50-99

Attacking Units:
----Cavalry – att, 40-99 – def, 30-99
----Archers – att, 45-99 – def, 10-99
----Infantry – att, 35-99 – def, 40-99

The attacking unit rolls a die, and this is taken as the number who successfully attack the defending unit. The defense than rolls, and this is taken as the percent who block it. (thus you use the reverse of the defense to determine casualties) The remaining attacks are then multiplied by .35 to get the casualties. I consider this to be more of a luck factor than anything else. Then the defense attacks, but still gets the benefits of a defensive unit. If more than 1/2 of the entire army is killed at once, the army retreats, and is captured. If less than 1/4 are remaining of those who started the battle, the army retreats, and is captured. The exceptions being if there is a friendly army with them, or if they are attacking a city.

The order of battle is simple. Missiles fire first, then infantry engage, then cavalry. When players order a march, they must also set a priority of attack. casualties are not taken until the end of the round for a semblance that it is all happening at once. When archers attack, there is no rebound from the enemy soldiers. However, when cavalry or infantry attack, there is a counterattack done by the enemy using a different roll. ( with infantry, you don’t usually see it, as the counterattack is also the primary attack)( However, the roll for the counterattack is reduced by 30 due to the haste forced upon the unit. Also, due to their morale boosts, the attacking unit receives a plus ten to their defense for the counterattack) There are six round of combat total. Example -
Caliem’s Capital Army marches on Temil‘s Eastern Army.
Missiles priority is Infantry, Missiles, then Cavalry.
Infantry priority is Infantry, Missiles, then Cavalry.
Cavalry priority is Missiles, Cavalry, then Infantry.

Here's an example of a battle with standard priority.

The Battle of Myan-Mar plains

Round 1:
Caliem (offense) vs. Temil (defense)
500 infantry (Caliem) vs. 250 infantry (Temil)
300 archers vs. 400 archers
200 cavalry vs. 400 cavalry
part one: (Archers)
Caliem's archers roll 50 att. Temil's infantry rolls 90 defense. 300 x .5 x .1 x .35 = 5 Temilan Infantry casualties (the result is always rounded off)
Temil's archers roll 97 att. Caliem's infantry roll 42 defense. 400 x .97 x .58 x .35 = 79 Caliem Infantry casualties
part two: (Infantry)
Caliem's infantry roll 40 att. Temil's infantry roll 50 def. 35 Temilan Infantry casualties
Temil infantry roll 60. Caliem infantry roll 70. 16 Caliem infantry casualties
part three: (cavalry)
Caliem cav roll 70. Temil archers roll 40. 29 Temil archer casualties
(counterattack)Temil archers rolls 60 (it was 90, but reduced by 30 makes it 60). Caliem cav roll 50(was 40). 42 Caliem cavalry casualties
Temil cav roll 80. Caliem archer roll 50. 56 Caliem archer casualties.
Caliem archers roll 5. Temil cav roll 85. 1 Temil cavalry casualty
These are tallied in to make round two, and after that, round three and so forth.

It is also possible to fortify regions with castles, castles are the only places where large standing armies can be housed. They can be fortified from a level of 1-3. Castles cost 2,000 gold to build, 1,000 gold to upgrade, and can hold up to 10,000 troops soldiers per level, whereas a city can only house 2000 per level. They can be built anywhere.

When ordering armies to march, name the army itself and its target or its destination. I will path the quickest route there and place the armies location 1 turn’s march from its starting point.

One turn’s marching distance is roughly 250 kilometers.

Castles that are besieged can either be destroyed or occupied. Cities that are captured can either be occupied, sacked or exterminated. Occupying cities keep them under your control. Sacking cities gives you 4 turns worth of it’s income but drops it to a level 1 city. Exterminating a city erases it from the map, gives you 2 turns worth of it’s income, and prompts guerrilla warfare from the enemy nation, and possibly even from your own. There may even be assassination attempts.

Military Orders -
- Build wall
- Build Castle
- March Army
- Occupy / Destroy captured castle.
- Occupy / Sack / Exterminate captured city.

Navy -

Fleets can be bought only at a city that is directly in contact with the water. They will cost 500 per fleet, with 60 upkeep in ports, and 120 upkeep in the open water. They can move at 500 km per turn, and will move in the same fashion as infantry. You can blockade a port city, cutting its trade income by 3/4. Each fleet can hold 2000 men, or 1000 cavalry. (for some combos, thats like 1500 men, and 250 cav, or maybe 1000 men and 500 cavalry). You pick up troops at a port, and can drop them off at any specified coast or city. The morale runs te same as for infantry, If more than 1/2 of the navy is sunk at once, the navy retreats. If less than 1/4 are remaining of those who started the battle, the navy retreats.

The battles here are also pretty simple. I will roll a six sided die for each fleet of each armada, and 5's and 6's will sink an enemy ship. 1-4 will not do any damage. There will only be three rounds of combat for the navy. If the battle is a draw (neither side retreats or is decimated), they both stay put. If it isnt, the winning navy proceeds for its destination, and the losing navy heads for the nearest friendly port. If ships are lost, a cooresponding amount of passengers aboard the ships are lost as well. They will not be lost, however, if the rest of the armada can accomodate that many more passengers, they are not to exceed carrying capacity. (5 fleets lost in a 10 fleet armade carrying 20k people. only 10k soldiers are left in the armada. If there are only 10,000 people on the armada to begin with, the 5 remaining fleets can accomodate all of them.)

For example:
Roman Armada vs Carthaginian Armada.
(Rome)3 fleets vs. (Carthage) 5 fleets.
romans roll 6, 5, and 6.
(So, they have destroyed half the Carthaginian fleet, but the Carthaginians still get to attack, and still have a good chance of winning, as they need only destroy two Roman ships to win.)
Carthaginians roll 4, 3, 2, 5, and 1
(This means they only destroy one Roman fleet before being defeated.)
(The Roman Armada has 2 fleets now, and the Carthaginians have 2 fleets also. But since Carthage has lost more than half of the armada, they retreat, giving Rome the victory.)

Naval Options:
-build fleet
-sail fleets
-blockade port
-attack navy
-pick up troops
-go to so and so area, disembark troops

Joining the Game -

If you’re interested in playing, post here with the civilization of your choice. We will start when an uncertain quantity of people has signed up.

All diplomatic activity should be carried out privately between players. All turn orders should be sent directly to me to be carried out.

I firmly believe we can all have a great time with this. Signups are being taken and Civilizations can start being reserved now.

I personally would like to take the reigns of Kendermoore, which will be placed when I place the first one of your cities.

Also, I will be sending all of you a report every turn.

Those who have joined so far:
Motep - Kal Dynasty Kender - Kendermore
Caius - Cretians - Kydonia
kamikhaan - Byzantines - Khaanstantinople
Ichigo - Spartans - Sparta
Ultrawar - Macedonians - Pella (abdicated, turn 5)
CountArach - Kingdom of Naxos - Naxos
Brave Sir Robin - Athenians - Athens
Draco Leman - Shanovv Clan Tribal League - Varna (defeated, turn 4)
Shlin28 - Rhodes - Rhodes
Tiberius of the Drake - Thebes - Thebes
TruePraetorian - Corinthians - Corinth

map with present factions:
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_6.jpg

Caius
12-28-2007, 23:47
I hope you don't dissapear and I will join. I can't see the map

Motep
12-28-2007, 23:50
I hope you don't dissapear and I will join. I can't see the map

Ill try not to this time.

(I fixed the map)

seireikhaan
12-28-2007, 23:54
Hmm, I'll sign up.

I'll be the Byzantines, with my capital of Constantinople at its regular historical spot.

Csargo
12-28-2007, 23:57
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2736/spartayn1.jpg

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Caius
12-28-2007, 23:58
I will be the Cretan People, Kydonia as my capital.

UltraWar
12-29-2007, 00:17
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2736/spartayn1.jpg

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grr... you've taken the best nation! :whip:

I'll be Macedonia, and my capital will be at Pella.

seireikhaan
12-29-2007, 00:23
Actually, I'd like to make a slight amendment. My capital will not be named Constantinople. Rather, it will be named Khaanstantinople.

UltraWar
12-29-2007, 00:26
Wait a minute, can I have my nation be called Sparta? Ichigo hasn't taken that name, yet if he has already taken that location and name, he really should say it more clearly. If he already controls that region/nation, ignore this post. :yes:

Csargo
12-29-2007, 01:10
Wait a minute, can I have my nation be called Sparta? Ichigo hasn't taken that name, yet if he has already taken that location and name, he really should say it more clearly. If he already controls that region/nation, ignore this post. :yes:

Of course I took Sparta, thought it was pretty obvious.

Motep
12-29-2007, 01:14
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_pregame-3.jpg
This is it so far.

CountArach
12-29-2007, 02:28
I shall join as Naxos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naxos_%28island%29)!

Tratorix
12-29-2007, 04:57
I'll join as Athens.

Ayachuco
12-29-2007, 05:29
I want to join!
I want to be the Shanovv Clan Tribal League and I moved my capital of Varna about 50 miles to the south so that it would show up on the map.

Here's the map with the location of my capital.

https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd125/drao0nian/GreekMap.jpg

Motep
12-29-2007, 05:31
Okay, nice particiapation! I should be able to start this game tomorrow!

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_pregame-3.jpg

I moved kendermore.

shlin28
12-29-2007, 16:32
I want to join as the island of Rhodes :yes:

Motep
12-29-2007, 19:57
The Day has dawned on a new era! Civilizations have settled the Greek shores, and an era of peace has risen. But, how long will the peace last? None can say for sure, but I doubt it will be long...

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_1.jpg

You each have 5,000. Make the best of it. Turns due by tuesday.

RoadKill
12-30-2007, 05:28
Could I possibly be a Duke of Sparta?

Motep
12-30-2007, 06:33
Could I possibly be a Duke of Sparta?
You could be your own nation, you know. But if you insist on being a duke, Bring it up with Ighigo. if all goes well, say so publically.

Caius
12-30-2007, 23:01
How many money do we need for a city become?

Motep
12-31-2007, 04:24
You civilizations culture expands simply through settlement. Settling cities is simple, all you need to do is spend 3000 gold on a city to have it become an active, contributing settlement to your tax and trade income, anything less than that places the city on the map, but does not make it economically important enough to be taxed or traded with.

Cultural Actions
- Found a New City
- Settle an Existing City

Motep
01-02-2008, 02:25
Turns are due, people. All right, Ill have the turn up in a wee bit, now, be patient.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-02-2008, 03:28
is it still possible to join?

If so I would love to join as the city-state of Thebes

Motep
01-02-2008, 04:54
Well, It's turn two now folks.

In the first turn passed very little. Several settlements were founded, old ones grew, and the nations mobilize for war. How will this fare for greece?

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_2.jpg

If I have made an error in the map, let me know.

Check list:
Factor in Tiberius.
Town walls reconfigured.
Dukes/counts removed as options. (Sorry roadkill...name your nation/city if you still wish to join)
Naval options configured.

All of the above (with the exeption of factoring in Tiberius and removing dukes/counts), will be usable in the game in turn 3.

Caius
01-02-2008, 18:53
I want trade rights with every nation. My nation would be grateful if we were good friends.

TruePraetorian
01-02-2008, 19:12
Too late to join? If it's too late to make a city i'll gladly be someones Duke, but if not i will be the city-state of Corinth. Thanks and sorry :sweatdrop:

Caius
01-02-2008, 19:22
Dukes/counts removed as options
As Motep said. Anyway, welcome, we could be allies. Just PM me.

shlin28
01-02-2008, 20:00
I want trade rights with every nation. My nation would be grateful if we were good friends.

I would like trading rights with everyone too :2thumbsup:. That means you and me are now trading partners right?

Caius
01-02-2008, 20:09
I would like trading rights with everyone too :2thumbsup:. That means you and me are now trading partners right?
Thats right.

Motep
01-02-2008, 20:33

Trade rights are nice, I guess, but in this game, they dont mean anything. You have a specific income for trade based upon trade level, which can be increased in the same way that econom levels are. Read the first post!

As to TruePraetorian, I have added you in.

Turns due by saturday.

New Map

shlin28
01-02-2008, 20:34
Question: What are the bonuses of trading rights?

Motep
01-02-2008, 21:01
Question: What are the bonuses of trading rights?

There are none, except that maybe you yourself have a higher opinion of the one with which you are dealing.

Csargo
01-02-2008, 22:16
Dang, I missed the first turn.:sweatdrop:

TruePraetorian
01-02-2008, 22:26
Motep, did you add me in as Corinth or another city? I don't see Corinth on the map, and you said my city was Thebes in the PM...I'm just a little confused :dizzy2:

Motep
01-02-2008, 22:33
Motep, did you add me in as Corinth or another city? I don't see Corinth on the map, and you said my city was Thebes in the PM...I'm just a little confused :dizzy2:

Corinth is one the map that I see....

Sorry about the screw up. To save time, I copied Thebes' chart and replaced the heading with yours to save time. But, instead of changing the city name From Thebes to Corinth, I accidently changed the econ lvl from 1 to Corinth. :sweatdrop: ...Ill get that fixed for you.

The map(this should have Corinth (Dark Red color! If you dont see it, let me know)

CountArach
01-02-2008, 22:43
Dang, I missed the first turn.:sweatdrop:
Same :sweatdrop:

Looks like we didn't miss much...

Tratorix
01-02-2008, 22:52
Corinth still isn't on the map.

Question: Are navies going to be a part of the game?

CountArach
01-02-2008, 23:02
I see Corinth.

Tratorix
01-02-2008, 23:08
So do I, now. Southern Greece is getting crowded.

Motep
01-02-2008, 23:12
Corinth still isn't on the map.

Question: Are navies going to be a part of the game?

Yes! As soon as I get around to putting them in....

Motep
01-03-2008, 00:12
Navy -

Fleets can be bought only at a city that is directly in contact with the water. They will cost 500 per fleet, with 60 upkeep in ports, and 120 upkeep in the open water. They can move at 500 km per turn, and will move in the same fashion as infantry. You can blockade a port city, cutting its trade income by 3/4. Each fleet can hold 2000 men, or 1000 cavalry. (for some combos, thats like 1500 men, and 250 cav, or maybe 1000 men and 500 cavalry). You pick up troops at a port, and can drop them off at any specified coast or city. The morale runs te same as for infantry, If more than 1/2 of the navy is sunk at once, the navy retreats. If less than 1/4 are remaining of those who started the battle, the navy retreats.

The battles here are also pretty simple. I will roll a six sided die for each fleet of each armada, and 5's and 6's will sink an enemy ship. 1-4 will not do any damage. There will only be three rounds of combat for the navy. If the battle is a draw (neither side retreats or is decimated), they both stay put. If it isnt, the winning navy proceeds for its destination, and the losing navy heads for the nearest friendly port. If ships are lost, a cooresponding amount of passengers aboard the ships are lost as well. They will not be lost, however, if the rest of the armada can accomodate that many more passengers, they are not to exceed carrying capacity. (5 fleets lost in a 10 fleet armade carrying 20k people. only 10k soldiers are left in the armada. If there are only 10,000 people on the armada to begin with, the 5 remaining fleets can accomodate all of them.)

For example:
Roman Armada vs Carthaginian Armada.
(Rome)3 fleets vs. (Carthage) 5 fleets.
romans roll 6, 5, and 6.
(So, they have destroyed half the Carthaginian fleet, but the Carthaginians still get to attack, and still have a good chance of winning, as they need only destroy two Roman ships to win.)
Carthaginians roll 4, 3, 2, 5, and 1
(This means they only destroy one Roman fleet before being defeated.)
(The Roman Armada has 2 fleets now, and the Carthaginians have 2 fleets also. But since Carthage has lost more than half of the armada, they retreat, giving Rome the victory.)

Naval Options:
-build fleet
-sail fleets
-blockade port
-attack navy
-pick up troops
-go to so and so area, disembark troops

shlin28
01-03-2008, 00:21
I don't see Corinth... :embarassed:

TruePraetorian
01-03-2008, 01:29
My country doesn't exist on my screen yet :sad2:...maybe change its color?

EDIT: Now I see it...for some reason that was hard my appologies :sweatdrop:

Motep
01-05-2008, 09:39
Turns are due today (technically). Get them in! Get them in! Come on!

Motep
01-06-2008, 04:40
Deadline will be ..... in 2 hours!

Just for those of you who are slacking off.

Motep
01-06-2008, 07:42
End of Turn 2

It was another long turn of expansion, and yet we still have two people who have not done anything.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_3.jpg

You may use all of the new features now. I will incoorporate them into the spreadsheet at the end of turn three....

Which has begun. Turns due next friday.

CountArach
01-06-2008, 08:19
The Kingdom of Naxos declares all islands in the Aegean Sea to be our domain, barring those already claimed by other nations. Any attempt to infringe upon this will result in war being declared.

Motep
01-06-2008, 08:48
The Kingdom of Naxos declares all islands in the Aegean Sea to be our domain, barring those already claimed by other nations. Any attempt to infringe upon this will result in war being declared.

OOC: *sigh* more work for me

Now, on a more serious note,

To the Macedonians,

The founding of Lesbos near to the lands of my own is a cause of great concern. Unfortunately, I cannot trust your motives, and must ask you to cease all advances eastward. If any naval ship launches from Lesbos and head towards the good people of my kingdom without my discretion, I must, in that case, declare war. I will not hesitate to protect my people.

-Kal Motep of Kendermore

TruePraetorian
01-06-2008, 09:04
how does the culture penalty effect economy? for example, mine is -600...just don't know what it does...

CountArach
01-06-2008, 09:21
OOC: *sigh* more work for me
I don't want an automatic DoW, I would rather post it myself. That way I can allow for an explanation and negotiation.

Caius
01-06-2008, 17:02
how does the culture penalty effect economy? for example, mine is -600...just don't know what it does...
Culture are all updates that you have done to your city/cities.

shlin28
01-06-2008, 17:19
The People of Rhodes claim the lands of southern Asian Minor, any unwanted intruders in this lands shall be met with swift and devastating retribution.

That is all.

To CA: May Rhodes claim the little island to the south-west of Rhodes?

TruePraetorian
01-06-2008, 19:13
I would like to state that the Corinthian people claim all non-claimed lands of southern Greece, which lie mainly to the west, and will un-hesitantly fight for their territory. Any exceptions that wished to be negotiated must be done on their terms.

Note this is not a declaration of war, so any war caused by this is the un-relenting ignorrance of the Agressors, and the Corinthian people would like to ask for assistance from any free loving Greek City-states, noting that the favor shall not be forgotten soon by the honorable Corinthians.

seireikhaan
01-06-2008, 20:09
To all who claim lands which aren't yet theirs:
~:rolleyes:

CountArach
01-06-2008, 20:56
The People of Rhodes claim the lands of southern Asian Minor, any unwanted intruders in this lands shall be met with swift and devastating retribution.

That is all.

To CA: May Rhodes claim the little island to the south-west of Rhodes?
Indeed you may, I do consider it to be a part of the land of Rhodes.

TruePraetorian
01-11-2008, 21:07
I claim all land everywhere even those posessed by other countrys.

just kidding...is our small little world dead?

Motep
01-12-2008, 01:43
I claim all land everywhere even those posessed by other countrys.

just kidding...is our small little world dead?

Most likely...*sigh*...

I will be late with the turn by a wee bit, I have an Academic bowl tournament tomorrow. Weee....:shifty: ....:cheesy: ....:sweatdrop:

Hopefully we win, and I dont have to spell anything.

Also, I have some homework to do, a basement to clean, and some studying for finals to do. Yay me.....:shifty: ....:shame:

Caius
01-16-2008, 03:51
Gah! Game has became dead. RIP RoC III.

shlin28
01-16-2008, 20:23
Now the world will never know what it will be like living under the mighty Rhodian empire :embarassed:

Csargo
01-17-2008, 19:55
:bigcry: ThisIsSparta will never come into existance :bigcry:

Tiberius of the Drake
01-17-2008, 22:07
srry i missed my orders last time but can i get a sit rep Motep?

edit:missed the part bout this being dead :(

Caius
01-18-2008, 03:23
I propose everyone to join an IH called "The Greek City-States: Civilizated War".

In the Chapter House, of course. It will have the same set-up, more depth in some things like miltary, and less in economy.

Motep
02-06-2008, 21:59
Sorry for the leave, I got into a fight at school and got grounded from the computer...:shame:

At least I won! :grin2:

Ill have to see about getting this back on this weekend. The only reason i was able to find time to get on this thing today is the fact that we got a snow day.

THIS IS NOT DEAD!!!!:gah2:

shlin28
02-06-2008, 22:17
Hurray! Rhodes shall rule the waves again! :balloon2:

Motep
02-06-2008, 23:17
And another thing...

Quit killing my games after four days! At least give it a week or two....

Csargo
02-07-2008, 00:14
And another thing...

Quit killing my games after four days! At least give it a week or two....

It's been almost four weeks...

Caius
02-14-2008, 00:30
It's been almost four weeks...
and nothing happened...

Motep
02-18-2008, 20:23
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get on the computer around here? Ill get the turn up TODAY or TOMORROW. In a few hours, maybe...

Motep
02-19-2008, 01:16
Turn 4 Begins

Varna has beeen wrested from the Shanovv Clan Tribal League by the Byzantines. Other than that open declaration of war, nothing else has happened.

Open Diplomacy:
Shanovv Clan Tribal League at war with Byzantines

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_4.jpg

Csargo
02-19-2008, 01:25
BWHAHAHA THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

seireikhaan
02-19-2008, 01:31
Open Statement from the Byzantine Emperor:

I hereby demand that the Shanovv Clan Tribal League submit totally and completely to Byzantine rule. You have already lost your former capital, and stand no chance of winning. If you surrender, we shall show kindness and generosity. If you do not, many lives will be needlessly lost, for we shall spare no mercy.

TruePraetorian
02-20-2008, 02:32
So we are back to playing?

I ferget what i was going to do..how long are the turns?

Andres
02-20-2008, 16:06
how long are the turns?

Approximately four weeks, so it seems :inquisitive:

Motep
02-22-2008, 03:42
Approximately four weeks, so it seems :inquisitive:

Thats mean, Andres...:cry:

As the Host: Anyways, the turns are 1 week, and they are due by saturday. Ill get them up either late saturday or on sunday, if all goes well. Unfortnately, things might go all that well...again...so I might have to get it up sometime next week at the latest. Remember my rule: If the turn has not been posted, and you have not recieved the results for the turn via pm, you can still send me orders. The deadline is never final. (Unless I am urked, and decide to change it...yes, I am evil like that.)

As a player: I openly support the conquest of my neighbor; the balkans are no place for barbarians. I will submit anything that I am able to the cause of the Byzantine Empire, you need but ask.

As to the declaration of Naxos: The nation of Kendermore protests what you say. You leave not a way open for others to expand, and you should not claim any lands unless you have the ability to back those claims. Unless you do bring those lands successfully under your dominion, I will not see that they are an extremity of the Kigdom of Naxos, but that they are merely an island in the sea.

~Kal Motep I of Kendermore

Motep
02-24-2008, 20:04
I should have the turn up later today or tomorrow. My mom had homework and she kicked me off while I was in the middle of work. So I will have to finish up later. Sorry for the delay.

Motep
02-26-2008, 14:35
Sorry, the trun will be late...

I just do not have the time on the computer, what with my mom's schooling up again, so I will not be able to have the trun due dates and whatnot nice and neat for everybody. Plain and simple, I could hardly get on this computer during the weekend, but I was able to get on my friend's computer and made a few posts from there. As for yesterday, I was booted after half an hour...

I will be able to accomplish more today, and hopefully get this turn up.

Nevermind, news just in...I am grounded from the computer, not including this morning (since I am already on) for the rest of this week. ... I forgot to mop the kitchen floor yesterday...

Motep
02-29-2008, 05:05
HAHA!!!

Ungrounded!

Okay for Turn 5

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/greece_alt_turn_5.jpg

In a bloodless takeover of the city of Locipek, The Byzantines removed the Shannov Clan Tribal League from the face of the map, seriously affecting the situation in the north. The Spartans declared war on the Corinthians with a srprise attack on the city. The defenders have held out, but the Spartans still have a small advantage in manpower. the People of the Kender have taken the city of Lesbos from the macedonians in a stunning victory. Over three hundred soldiers were disbanded within the city, all offered positions in the local police force.

Begin turn 5

Pms will be sent tomorrow, sorry for their delay. Turns due next weekend, so hopefully more of you will send them in...:brood:

Motep
03-10-2008, 14:21
It was a busy weekend, so only now I find the time to work on the game. I should have it up tomorrow or wednsday.

Also, would someone else post! This is the fifth in a row...

Caius
03-11-2008, 01:24
I love the name of a city, called "This is not Sparta"

Motep
03-11-2008, 23:49
TY.

I will have the turn up sometime this week...I have a very limited schedule, and I have to leave here in a few minutes. Sorry...:bow:

Motep
03-14-2008, 03:11
Turn 6

A World at War

The City of Pella was granted to the Kingdom of Crete, as the King of that country abdicated. But, just days after the announcement, Kendermore invaded Pella, and, in a landslide victory, cchanged once more the hands of the city. All captured soldiers were released.

The Battle between Spata and Corinth is going well for Corinth, and Sparta has lost many good men. Though they still have the numerical advantage, Corinth has the true upper hand.

The Kingdom of Naxos was invaded by Kendermore, and the city of Andros was captured peacefully. The Govornor of Andros has gone into hiding.

The island of Crete has shown poor merit against foriegn invaders, and their capital has been taken without a fight by Rhodian armies.

The people of thebes are being very still. If they do not make a move this turn, they will be automanaged.

Turns are due next weekend...ish...

shlin28
03-14-2008, 17:59
Turn 6

A World at War

The City of Pella was granted to the Kingdom of Crete, as the King of that country abdicated. But, just days after the announcement, Kendermore invaded Pella, and, in a landslide victory, cchanged once more the hands of the city. All captured soldiers were released.

The Battle between Spata and Corinth is going well for Corinth, and Sparta has lost many good men. Though they still have the numerical advantage, Corinth has the true upper hand.

The Kingdom of Naxos was invaded by Kendermore, and the city of Andros was captured peacefully. The Govornor of Andros has gone into hiding.

The island of Crete has shown poor merit against foriegn invaders, and their capital has been taken without a fight by Rhodian armies.

The people of thebes are being very still. If they do not make a move this turn, they will be automanaged.

Turns are due next weekend...ish...

People of Crete, listen to your new supreme overlords!

Give us your weapons, your leaders and hostages, and the people of Crete shall suffer no recriminations, but if you do not agree to our demands... the people of Crete shall be conquered with cold steel and shall all be faced with slavery. :beam:

Csargo
03-14-2008, 23:27
This is becoming annoying...

Caius
03-15-2008, 00:36
What happened to my soldiers, which you DIDNT ADD?

Motep
03-15-2008, 04:56
What happened to my soldiers, which you DIDNT ADD?

Dont spend money you dont have. Its hard to buy troops with no money.

Ill get you all pms.

Ichigo, Corinth isnt going well mainly that they a +10 bonus as they have walls. Trust me, thats really doing you some hurt.

A new rule to prevent anoying stalemates like this: Both attacker and defender can bring up reinforcements, even if it means recruiting new units in the besieged city. (and to you two, I would strongly advise doing so...Im really getting bored with this siege...)

And: After four turns of siege, the defender must give in for issues such as lack of food, water, etc.

TruePraetorian
03-16-2008, 00:12
4 Turns? That's no fun. Spartans, have the city, seeing as im kind of inactive.

THE PEOPLE OF CORINTH ABANDON THE CITY OF CORINTH FOR THE GLORY OF CORINTH, CORINTH.

Oh, and my troops, and cash, and women, etc. etc. :beam:

Motep
03-26-2008, 17:40
go ahead and kill this one...no one is playing, anyways.