PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Dark Omen

Lordy
01-06-2008, 01:12
Hi guys, while i am eagerly awaiting the release of this mod i started replaying Warhammer Dark Omen (again) there are around 10 active players at the moment and so i launched a forum to try and get everyone together for a few games.

If any of you guys want to re-live your youth days of gaming i hope you would love to come and join the forum and get involved, we have a modder who is trying to create new units and maps, maybe some of you could even help.

I have also post a link here because people need to see whats going on here it shouldnt be missed! hope Bwian doesnt mind, i will remove the link if so!

Just thought i would put it out there if anyone is interested!

Thanks all.

Lordy
01-06-2008, 01:18
forgot the link :idea2:

http://darkomenworld.freeforums.org/

Its only cheap and nasty but hey life is tough! ;D

Eufarius
01-06-2008, 01:38
Rite no offense but this thread has to be moved.
I'll probly go on or something

Myrddraal
01-06-2008, 16:16
Usually threads about non CA games go in the Arena, but since this is aimed at Warhammer fans, I think it can stay here, if it's fine with Bwain.

Eufarius
01-06-2008, 20:01
If Myrddraal says so the I'm terribly sorry original poster.

Lordy
01-06-2008, 21:04
10 lashes for you Eufarius! :whip:

But nah its ok, just something for fellow warhammer fans to do while we wait for updates on the Total War mod.

Dark Omen brings back memories, just thought i would offer it out to people who may wanna come play a few games :)

Eufarius
01-06-2008, 22:06
How dare thee!! jk but Good memories ( although a bit old ones)

keravnos
01-07-2008, 20:31
10 lashes for you Eufarius! :whip:

But nah its ok, just something for fellow warhammer fans to do while we wait for updates on the Total War mod.

Dark Omen brings back memories, just thought i would offer it out to people who may wanna come play a few games :)

Dark Omen is one of the best games I have played.
Thanks for rekindling all the memories. :2thumbsup:

Bwian
01-07-2008, 21:17
I got no problem with this. As long as it's constructive, and no-one finds it unpalettable.

tito
01-09-2008, 12:04
perhaps we can use some darkommen units like mercenary in the WTW.
The hero was a mercenary with special regiment,perhaps he can had like dog of war in WTW?

Spankfurt
01-10-2008, 22:55
This game's still alive? 0_o

Krazysigmarite
01-15-2008, 22:27
I was really tempted to sneak in a "Grudgebringer Mercenary Crossbowman" unit just for kicks and see if anybody noticed the reference while playing the mod :laugh4:

Lordy
01-17-2008, 23:14
This game's still alive? 0_o

Damn right its still alive, we have a massive community of around 15 strong! :D

We currently have 2 guys working on creating a chaos army so we can launch an online Chaos invasion campaign.
Should be cool.

It fills the gaps in at least waiting for updates on this mod for total war warhammer, cant wait!

Alletun
01-18-2008, 09:59
Lol dark omen was by far my favorite game when i was younger. Unfortunately i couldn't play it anymore on my "new" computer because the screen would flicker irritatingly. Anybody know if that can be fixed anyway?

Lordy
01-18-2008, 11:39
I run Dark Omen with Vista and a 24" widescreen moniter and a 8800 GTX and it flickered at first but then just kinda went away for some reason.

It only flickers now on the ice maps but noone plays those anyway.

There is a graphics utility program designed to stop the flickering, i will get the link later on :)

Alletun
01-18-2008, 15:51
There is a graphics utility program designed to stop the flickering, i will get the link later on :)

Cool that would be great.

Abokasee
01-18-2008, 19:24
This game brings me great memories of shadow of the horned rat, which then leads to memories of final liberation (I still got final liberation, but horned rat just vanished for 5 years then I found it in tiny pieces...) I've never played dark omen but I should enjoy this

Edit

Arrgh, the download site is a lie! it charges me via paypal etc AAHHHH!!!!

Lordy
01-18-2008, 21:32
Speak to me on MSN Abokasee :)

Apparantly that utility isnt to solve the flicker problem i apologise Alletun but your not allowed to play Dark Omen anyway, you need to be chained in a room working on Orcsies for this mod :)

radcan
01-18-2008, 21:43
Ah the memories, ive registered on your forums so no doubt you will be hearing more from my scottish self in the near future!

ollyorc
01-20-2008, 02:09
DarkOmen Flicker Fix and XP and Vista is here....

darkomenmulti.proboards50.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1162813088&page=1

and here

darkomen.benjamintrenkle.de/en/darkomen-and-winxp.html

As Lordy mentioned we can create any Warhammer character using Stats and Sprite Editors.... and are currently working on Chaos, Dwarf and Giant.

Everyone welcome any time!

markofchaos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6686

:)

Biges
05-14-2011, 15:06
If you have problem with flickering even in the CPU mode, disable/set anti-aliasing to off in the GFX card control panel.