PDA

View Full Version : Hows progress?

Raz
01-06-2008, 13:26
I've only recently changed Internet Providers because of a mix up with my previous one. Which is why I haven't been able to keep up with Sam. Warlords.

So anyway, how is the whole operation going?
(Yes, operation :beam: )

Puzz3D
01-07-2008, 14:05
I'm trying to determine why some campaign battles don't use castle maps when they should be using castle maps, and I'd like to improve the playbalance of castles. Otherwise, the campaign plays fine as does multiplayer. We had 11 players show up for the weekly multiplayer session on Sunday, and 7 or 8 battles were played over a period of 5 and a half hours.

Jochi Khan
01-07-2008, 16:02
And what an enjoyable evening it was.

Exhausted, tired but very happy crawling into bed in the early hours of the morning. :2thumbsup:

A few more players installing the SamWars Mod and making the battles even more interesting. :yes:

Raz
01-09-2008, 11:50
About installing. Recently I badly modified the start pos file (really, I was trying to make a start_pos for a specific faction, as in make other factions unplayable and give them more money to start off, making a more challenging game for my favourite Shimazu faction.) and now, whenever I try to end my turn when I play the campaign, I get a CTD. I think I accidentally saved over the original Beta 8 start_pos, and I don't really want to go back to playing Beta 7. I would reinstall it but I think I deleted the setup from my hard drive. :sweatdrop:

So I'd ask, is it worth the bandwidth to re-download Beta 8, or wait for the next release?

R'as al Ghul
01-09-2008, 12:28
You'll have to wait for a long time till the next release. I can offer to PM you the content of the beta_8 startpos or I can upload the startpos for you. I understand that you've a low speed connection, otherwise I'd say yes, of course, it's worth the bandwidth. :grin2:

Raz
01-09-2008, 12:59
Anyway I figured out a way to get around it, copy over the Beta 8 unit stats over the older one. Sure, the starting positions are a tad different but it's better than no Samurai Warlords (Being confined to custom battles just made me want to play the campaign more :beam: ).
Actually, would that work? Or just mess up the thing even more?

R'as al Ghul
01-09-2008, 13:08
I'm not certain what you mean by " copy over the unit stats"?

There're several important files:
startpos file in main/campmap/startpos
*_unit_prod in main folder
*_build_prod in main folder
Projectiles in main folder

First you said your startpos file is corrupted and now you refer to the unit stats. If it's the unit_prod I think you either need to reinstall or get the file from me. Same with the startpos file. If you have still have the required file somewhere else then you can copy it over.

R'as

Raz
01-10-2008, 08:01
I got it working, maybe I should've posted that a little better, I have the older Beta 7 install, I installed that but kept the Beta 8 stats, then it was a just a matter of copying the newer stats over the Beta 7 unit prod sheet.

It's a little different, but I'm happy with it.