PDA

View Full Version : Battle AI from RTR TIC for EB?

olly
01-07-2008, 14:52
Hello

I've been playing RTR TIC which runs on BI. The battle field AI seems to be the best I've seen on the RTW engine and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to get me that for EB?

Thanks for your time.

Hooahguy
01-07-2008, 16:24
have you tried the AI battle formations mod, by Lysander (somewhere in this sub-forum)?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
01-08-2008, 00:11
AI is unmoddable.
Any changes in AI behaviour on the battlefield is due to 1-BI engine, 2-stats, or 3-formation files.
So, for TIC it is probably a combination of BI and the formation files. You could try to convert TIC formations to EB, but most likely you would have to change them a bunch. (And if anyone does do that, make sure you get RTR permission before you start sharing it.)

Gaias
01-08-2008, 00:48
All TIC uses is Sinuhet’s 7.0 AI Battle Formations, custom made for Rome Total Realism. Lysander13 has already taken the time to make the necessary changes in his AI Battle Formation Mods to have it work for EB. It can be found here a few threads down.

Sarkiss
01-08-2008, 11:15
have you tried the AI battle formations mod, by Lysander (somewhere in this sub-forum)?
i've tried them all, but what TIC offers is the best AI i've seen so far. my guess is that BI has the most effect in improving it.

LestaT
01-08-2008, 11:26
All TIC uses is Sinuhet’s 7.0 AI Battle Formations, custom made for Rome Total Realism. Lysander13 has already taken the time to make the necessary changes in his AI Battle Formation Mods to have it work for EB. It can be found here a few threads down.

Yes indeed though the formation file has been further editted (not sure what since I do not do that, but one of our former coder) but mostly it involves also the EDU.

Mcantu can explain the stuff done in EDU though.

Regarding how to play EB with BI :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125982 or

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1574595#post1574595

p/s: ther might be a simpler downloadable way here at .org I think.

overweightninja
01-08-2008, 13:39
Hello

I've been playing RTR TIC which runs on BI. The battle field AI seems to be the best I've seen on the RTW engine and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to get me that for EB?

Thanks for your time.

You could just run EB on the bi.exe too, works great.
Check this thread:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=95664
As a warning though I think I remember someone saying the special BI formations can unbalance the game, however these are optional anyway so I'll leave that to your descretion.
Cheers

PS
Woo 200 posts :balloon2:

olly
01-08-2008, 14:38
Thanks for your replies,

I already use BI but thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the AI mods.

It will make my life a bit tougher now the AI won't be completely dumb :2thumbsup:

Lysander13
01-08-2008, 15:17
Yes indeed though the formation file has been further editted (not sure what since I do not do that, but one of our former coder) but mostly it involves also the EDU.

Mcantu can explain the stuff done in EDU though..
I haven't had the oppurtunity to try out RTR TIC yet but I will most certainly try it out in the near future. Especially if players report some improvement in Battle AI. As I have always been interested in this rather frustrating area of modding. Of course we know the really important stuff is hard-coded in this area but every little bit counts heh? After months of playing around with formations and such I've come to the unfortunate opinion that this is the least rewarding area of modding this game but that's just my opinion and that said improvements can be made with a good formations package and edu settings.Without knowing for sure as I haven't played RTR TIC, I would guess the edu settings are having a big impact as it relates to the formations file. When I say edu settings, I don't just mean battle stats but more specifically the length and width of individual unit formations and to some extent overall unit numbers. When the EB edu is finalized I'm flirting with the idea of perhaps making a few adjustments in this area to perhaps achieve a better experience for those like me who let's say prefer to use Sinuhet Formations and add it to the file I have uploaded here. BTW Lestat, congrats to you and the RTR team on the release of RTR TIC. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Ymarsakar
01-27-2008, 01:50
The alexander AI is also an improvement.