PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Borders

chairman
01-17-2008, 01:40
As EB and EBII are currently already up against the hardcoded for just about everything, speculation about others regions, factions and units is often met with the necessary "it's hardcoded". This, as I said, is just the way it is, but we have still seen what an incredible job the team has done within these limits. This thread, however, is about "what if" the hardcoded limits were relaxed, within reason. For example, if CA (in a moment of divine generousity) released a patch with 30 extra territory, 5 new faction, and 70 new unit spots. Where, off the edges of the edges of the current map would you want EB to expand. This means that places like India, China, Central Asia and Africa are possible. From this, what factions, what units and so should be added in this situation. Obviously this isn't currently an option, but brainstorming is fun and can sometimes turn up new ways of getting around limits. So brainstorm here, but use reason and try to keep ideas at or off the edge of the current map. Have fun!:beam:

Chairman

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
01-17-2008, 02:08
If hardcoding was increased (decreased? :inquisitive:) ...India would probably be added. Other than that, more content would probably be added to the exsisting areas. If hardcoding was all that was changed on the exsisting Rome/M2 engine, it would still be unwise to increase beyond that.

Alexandros Maximus
02-04-2008, 05:44
yo i think that it is true that expanding past india prolly would be bad...but you REALLY wouldn't add a *little* piece of china? kind of like how EB has a *little* piece of India now? It would be cool! you could have Broadsword-wielding shaolin monk eleutheroi!

Watchman
02-04-2008, 11:44
The Shaolin temple wouldn't exist for another half a millenia plus you know... and the parts of China we'd actually end up with (given geography) would pretty much amount to the nomad-haunted wastelands of the Tarim Basin (the westernmost tip of which is in as is, IIRC) and the arid Tibetan plateau.

antisocialmunky
02-05-2008, 14:07
China's population is concentrated to the East and in the river basins. Unless you want to see some dingy desert trade outpost, you're not going to find much interesting. Neither are you going to find much besides nomads in the 'Stan' regions.

Geoffrey S
02-06-2008, 15:32
More Central Asia would be great. Plenty of pushing and shoving going on between Nomads there.

Also, Iceland. Just for kicks.

Mithridates VI Eupator
02-06-2008, 15:46
Hmmm...

Although China, India, and thye likes would make a great addition, I would think you would need a little more than 30 new provinces, I would rather say some 100 new provinces, at least. And 20 new factions...

Moosemanmoo
02-07-2008, 17:05
How about atlantis?

seriously tho, I'd like to see a bit more of scandinavia

Alexandros Maximus
02-08-2008, 07:08
I wish CA would make a TW Game that would cover everything from Iberia to Japan. They could call it "Ancient World: Total War"

Or maybe "1337: Total War" Lmao....

Watchman
02-08-2008, 12:17
seriously tho, I'd like to see a bit more of scandinaviaI don't think there was much to see up here those days, frankly. Doubly so past the parts already included in the EB1 map. (Ditto, more or less, for the rest of the northern forest zone to the east; it was virtually hunter-gatherers until the Middle Ages...)

antisocialmunky
02-09-2008, 15:12
I wouldn't mind a west African faction to be honest but I don't know how much info you have on them and since the map limits have already been already been reached, I don't know how much of a possibility that is.

As far as I know, they were rich and powerful.

CaesarAugustus
02-11-2008, 01:35
Agreed. I forget the official EB position on a Numidian faction though... maybe its a possibility. I for one am tired of seeing Carthage suck up all the West African provinces in the first 15 game years.

The Wandering Scholar
02-15-2008, 15:35
Do I want to go further south? (no)
Do I want to go further north?(I don't want to see sea)
Do I want to go further west? (I don't want to see sea)
Do I want to go further east? (not really)

Therefore more settlements, more factions and lots more unitss would be on my wishlist.

Long lost Caesar
02-15-2008, 19:00
totally agree with tom there. the map in EB was large enough for me personally, so i think more units, factions and other add-ins are all EB II really needs to be worrying about.

Gebeleisis
02-15-2008, 23:20
india would make a fine adittion
and maybe dont exted the map more (except india) but enlargen the map that is now so oyu can add more settlements without crowding :D

Foot
02-16-2008, 21:22
I hope people do understand that none of what people are suggesting is possible. This is a thread detailing what one would like to see where the hardcoded restrictions raised beyond their current number. More settlements are impossible, more units are impossible, etc.

Foot

Moosemanmoo
02-17-2008, 16:11
I hope people do understand that none of what people are suggesting is possible. This is a thread detailing what one would like to see where the hardcoded restrictions raised beyond their current number. More settlements are impossible, more units are impossible, etc.

Foot

Atlantis is a no then?:inquisitive:

Watchman
02-17-2008, 17:16
People are aiming for historical accuracy here.
...everyone knows those guys has been defeated and absorbed by the Bartixians for centuries by the time period concerned. ~;p