PDA

View Full Version : One turn recruitment

mrdun
01-17-2008, 18:59
How would i implement this into my EB? I am not suggesting this for a future patch of EB although it would be nice as 6 months (or 3 in 4 turns per year) is a loong time. I'm not sure how long historically it would take to recruit one cohort of troops. I'm guessing not 3/6 months but i'm only speculating :2thumbsup:

bovi
01-17-2008, 19:20
Perhaps you mean zero turns recruitment?

mrdun
01-17-2008, 19:22
Of course I do, my apologies

Pode
01-17-2008, 20:22
Open the EB / data folder and make a copy the export descr units file (backups are your friends). Open the original EDU file with notepad or wordpad or some such. Scroll down until you see the first unit entry and the cost line. Select from the beginning of the word cost over to the comma after the first number and copy that. Open the find/replace box from the edit menu, paste the cost line into the fields, and change the numbers so that you're finding "cost [tab] 1," and replaceing it with "cost [tab] 0," Run the replace all and wait a bit. Now repeat this, replacing 2 with 1, then 3 with 2, etc. Somewhere around 8 or 9 there are no more replacements being made. Save this changed file as EDU and as something else (in case you decide to change back and forth) and start the game (this is save game compatible). All units now take one turn less to recruit. Since most units only take one, you'll have zero turn recruiting for most everything except ships, elites, and non-combat units like spies. Order in the queue matters, though, so put your new spy last or you won't be getting your new army next turn.

I've played all my EB this way and quite like it. YMMV.

mrdun
01-17-2008, 20:45
very nice, this will work with rtw vanilla aswell will it not.

Pode
01-17-2008, 20:59
very nice, this will work with rtw vanilla aswell will it not.

Different file path is all. EB's EDU isn't in the same place as vanilla EDU, so changing one won't affect the other. But the same technique will work in both.