PDA

View Full Version : The Greek City States: Civilized War

Caius
01-18-2008, 03:43
Prologue

This story is based in one of the civilizations that bring knowldege to the world: The Ancient Greeks, and their city states. When leaders fight, they lead their people to war. You must rely in leaders to win the war, and destroy the enemy. Maybe you are changing the history course, but only time tell you the whole truth.

Please, join me, and join one of the Ancients civilizations. Your little empire can fall, or you can rise it. This is one of the struggles of power. This is the Civilizated War. May Zeus bless you!

Ok, here we are. I've started this interactive, it will be like Baby Boomer Religious Wars. Every player must do an investigation, as I need some regions per player. Then choices will be posted in this thread. Turns will be of six months. When I receive all the PM's with choices made, I will make a large post with all that happened.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-18-2008, 03:48
whats the starting date.

If it is early Ill take Athens. If later Ill take Macedonia

Caius
01-18-2008, 03:53
whats the starting date.

If it is early Ill take Athens. If later Ill take Macedonia
Hmm, one week should suit fine.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-18-2008, 03:54
I mis-spoke i meant the historical starting date for the game scenario.

Caius
01-18-2008, 04:01
480 BC. I hope in that age there were a lot of factions to start with.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-18-2008, 04:21
okay Ill take a challenge in Macedonia. info willcome soon

seireikhaan
01-18-2008, 05:33
Players must do investigations? :gah2: This is IH, not mafia! :stare:

Anyways, I'll be Corinth.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-21-2008, 01:38
*BUMP*

Lord Winter
01-21-2008, 08:44
Athens if you could please.

Caius
01-21-2008, 18:42
Yes. I will not play in this game, I will moderate. Please post any kind of info you have.

Julian the apostate
01-22-2008, 20:13
Is this just Greece or does it include Ionia and the other Greek colonies such as Massilla, Syracuse and sicily and then taras and some of libya? If we are allowed to be outside of mainland greece I'd love to take Syracuse... If not then I suppose Thebes

Caius
01-22-2008, 20:28
You are allowed to be outside Greece.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-23-2008, 02:00
You are allowed to be outside Greece.

Sweet then im changing to the colony of Taras.

Paradox
01-23-2008, 16:57
Can I choose the Tarentines, you know, of Tarentum?

Caius
01-23-2008, 18:25
Arent the Tarentines the same as the colony of Taras?

Paradox
01-23-2008, 19:38
In that case, I'll just be Sparta, I'm surprised nobody chose them yet.

Caius
01-23-2008, 19:41
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2736/spartayn1.jpg

Paradox
01-23-2008, 20:32
Heh, so is that a yes or a no?

Caius
01-25-2008, 01:51
Indeed.

Caius
01-28-2008, 18:28
We will start then. Without having any kind of information about any city-state, I will look for it.

!rules

The Rules

1)Use this thread for public declarations and speeches. You may use propaganda and declare wars (Diplomacy) here publicly, and make announcements and speeches.
(a) Whatever you say IC in this thread I take into account for the next chapter. If you say things against another nations people then those people will dislike you.
(b) Beware what you say religious wise, its a important factor for this Interactive. You could spark a Religious War.

2) I make One Chapter with the choices to the end, it is your job to use those choices as a base for more detailed choices.
(a) The person who puts more effort in is the person more likely to win.
(b) If you give skungy orders I may take it upon myself to punish you. Not fair? THen put in good orders!

3) Don't worry about research and the likes, this game goes off the rails history wise. Many things will happen which didn't occur back then.
(a) But it may be a good idea to compare situations to real life ones!

4)The objective of this game is to stay united and keep one religion. I assure you, at some point in this game you will have a Nation which is riddled by about 4 Religions. When there is more then 1 Religion, there is something called Religious Unrest. COntrol this how you want, killings, diplomacy, etc. But if it reaches %100 then you've got a Religious War o your hands, and trust me, there not pretty.
(a) To communicate with the Religious Rebels, PM me. I will then pass it onto the rebels (*wink*) and they will reply to you.

5)Diplomacy is run by PM'ing the Player you which to talk to. Remember, when deals are signed either
(a) Declare it publicly
(b) If you don't want another certian Player to know something, then PM it to me.

6)Remember, always post IC, and try and Role Play your Character a bit! Don't be boring and post every month your decisions! I want speeches! I want drama!

Stolen from Baby Boomer, sorry, I had to have rules from somewhere.

Now, if you have info, post it.

Paradox
01-28-2008, 19:08
When are you going to PM us the force info? Sparta's hungry.

Vorian
01-28-2008, 19:37
I would like to participate but don't know exactly what we do :oops:

Could you pm me an explanation?

Caius
01-29-2008, 01:16
When are you going to PM us the force info? Sparta's hungry.
I don't have any info of anyone, how on Sparta can I get info from?

Pming Vorian, potential player.

Spartan198
01-29-2008, 02:25
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2736/spartayn1.jpg

That's funny,lol. :laugh4: I'm not interested in the game right now,I just had to respond to this.

Lord Winter
01-29-2008, 05:42
Spartans, Thebians. Corinthians, brothers and my fellow Greeks the time has come where we must once again pick up the sword to defend Greece again in its time of need against the invasion of the Persians. Do we wish to be subjects to his vast empire that we all know that the brave men of Greece are superior to? It is a time for action, a time for preparation a time where we must not be caught off guard. Already in Athens from my house I can hear the sounds of axes thudding away in the ship yard building ships that will strike fear into the hearts of the Persians. As I go about doing my part in our cities preparation for the coming war my heart swells with pride when I hear the sound of citizens drilling in preparation to defend there home. City states of Greece, Xerses of Persia is gathering a great army in Asia minor and I can say with pride that Athens is ready to meet them. We call on all city states to gather their men for battle, let us take up the spear, hoist the sail of the trimere and together by the gods when the Persians come we shall shake them.

Athens is ready and mobilizing and who will stand with us?

seireikhaan
01-29-2008, 06:40
Athens,

Corinth shall proudly stand by our fellow Greeks in time of greater peril. Persia is a threat which none of us have yet faced, far greater than our petty squables. We, Corinth, shall stand by Athens to defend the Greek societies from the barbarians of Persia who would put us under foot. Likewise to our Athenian allies, we call upon the other cities to stand together when such great forces, with far greater differences than our own, comes to beat us into submission, or worse, slavery.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
01-29-2008, 07:36
I would like to participate but don't know exactly what we do :oops:

Could you pm me an explanation?

I'd like to echo Vorian, I'd be interested but I have no idea how this works! :help:

Vorian
01-29-2008, 13:14
I will be Thessaly!!!

Do I need to pm the info?

Caius
01-29-2008, 16:30
Or post it here.

Gaius, nice to see you here. I will resend the same PM i sent to Vorian, so u can understand this IH.

Vorian
01-29-2008, 18:18
Info on Thessaly:

Thessaly (thes'ulē) [key], largest ancient region of Greece in N central Greece. It corresponded roughly to the present-day nomes of Larissa and Tríkkala, which form part of the modern region known as Thessaly. Ancient Thessaly was almost completely walled in by mountains, including Pindus, Ossa, and Othrys (now Othrís), and the plains were extremely fertile. Civilization dates from prehistoric times. Before 1000 B.C. a tribe called the Thessalians entered the area from the northwest. The chief Thessalian cities, Larissa, Crannon, and Pherae, were oligarchical. The great families were the Aleuadae (at Larissa) and the Scopadae (at Crannon). The Thessalians were powerful in the 6th cent. B.C., partly through their control of the Amphictyonic League (see amphictyony). Conflict between the oligarchies, however, contributed to Thessaly's decline. Jason, the tyrant of Pherae, succeeded (374 B.C.) in uniting Thessaly, which again became a force in Greece, but it did not remain powerful for long and was subjugated (344 B.C.) by Philip II of Macedon.

Later, in ancient Greek times, the lowlands of Thessaly became the home of baronial families, such as the Aleuads of Larissa or the Scopads of Crannon. These baronial families organized a federation across the Thessaly region, later went on to control the Amphictyonic League in northern Greece. The Thessalians were renowned for their cavalry.

During the Greco-Persian Wars the Aleuads joined the Persians. In the Peloponnesian War the Thessalians tended to side with Athens and usually prevented Spartan troops from crossing through their territory with the exception of the army of Brasidas. In the 4th century BC Thessaly became dependent on Macedon and many served as vassals.

I will role play it that a guy named Dionysius Aleuas from the Aleuadae of Larissa has united all Thessaly.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
01-30-2008, 04:21
Ok, I'm in!

I'll stake my claim to Macedonia, I don't think anybody has them yet.

If they're not available, then the island of Rhodes will suit me.

Caius
01-30-2008, 14:17
Ok, I'm in!

I'll stake my claim to Macedonia, I don't think anybody has them yet.

If they're not available, then the island of Rhodes will suit me.
I'm sorry, but MAcedonia is taken by Tiberius. I still ned information about Athens and Corinth.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-31-2008, 02:40
srry i cahnged it to Taras as soon as I realized that you could be cities in Magna Graecia(Italy). Ill try to post new info soon.

Caius
01-31-2008, 03:54
Gaius, you can take Macedonia if you want to.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
01-31-2008, 07:59
Yeah sure thats what I thought, thanks!

Vorian
02-05-2008, 21:27
When will it start?

Tiberius of the Drake
02-05-2008, 22:16
srry butg CDTC II is going to take up a lot of time and I wont have time to play this.I goota drop out srry :frown:

Paradox
02-06-2008, 04:18
Yeah I'm going to have to drop out too, sorry. I'm already in a lot of IHs and Capo's starting.

Caius
02-06-2008, 17:11
Dont Worry.

Please someone post again if you will be able to play and not. Those who did not send any info, please send it. I'm not able to host right now, but that doesn't allow you to not to do something ;)