PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding installing the mod

Norkus
01-18-2008, 22:36
Hello there!

This mod certainly looks excellent and I am eager to try it out.

Here is my problem: As I am playing with the Gold-edition of MTW, do I install the mod in the default directory chosen by the installation program or do I direct it to the "Gold-edition" folder?

I tried the latter as the former doesn't even excist in my directory, but the game wouldn't even start and I got an error message saying something about missing files. Surely, I must have done something wrong? :no:

I downloaded and installed the mod, the music files and the 1.5-patch.

Norkus

Norkus
01-18-2008, 22:57
This is getting worse!

Failing to install the mod I uninstalled it and then the game itself as well so that I would have a fresh install. I had the XL-mod installed and I was not worried about losing my save games.

After installing the game fresh from the CD it won't even start! Not good!

All help appreciated.

Norkus

cegorach
01-19-2008, 11:33
The Gold Edition causes numerous problems I am quite sure...

I suggest firts to purge the computer of any remnants of the instal - manually delating the files if necessary (check the shortcut for directory it uses).

Neext install the fresh MTW VI again and now if you feel you want more than one mod on the same computer simply COPY the main folder to a new location as many times as you want.
I have five copies on my PC - one is the 'pure' MTW VI which I sometimes copy if I need a new platform for a new MTW mod.

Later if you want to install the 1.5 it might be a good idea to install the mod to an empty folder and only now manually copy/paste all the files to the directory where your chosen MTW folder is.
All you need is to go deep enough to see the files/folders inside the chosen MTW folder (not just one folder) and paste the copied PMTW files/folders there replacing everything in the pure MTW VI.

Later do the same with music and the patch ( the main install only) files.

I know it is rather crude, but this way everything must work fine.:egypt:

Norkus
01-20-2008, 14:32
Working like a charm now. Many thanks!

cegorach
01-20-2008, 14:57
Great ! :2thumbsup: