PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer... feedback required!

macsen rufus
01-19-2008, 18:28
Following up on a suggestion from Dimitrios the Samian, I'd like feedback.

The background: MTW has limits on the number of animation folders and on the ability to make dead bodies appear. With all the new scenarios coming along we are getting veeerrryyy close to the animation limit, and have already gone past the dead-bodies limit.

The question: do you prefer Ancient TW to continue as is, with new campaign maps and scenarios all going into one mega-mod, or have two (possibly more?) separate installs - currently I'd be looking at keeping the Bronze Age (Age of Chariots/The Catastrophe/The Recovery) as one install, then have a second one for the later periods (Punic/Alex/Rise of Persia/Diadochi) - which would also need a name as well (feel free to make suggestions :2thumbsup: )

Pros and cons to consider:
Separate installs means:
- more animation possibilities
- dead bodies will always work
- more diskspace required
- a lot of material would need to be duplicated in downloads
- you might just want Bronze Age, or just Classical period, not necessarily everything

Single install means:
- limit to animations nearly reached already
- some dead bodies in some scenarios will not work
- single download, single install (okay, forget patches for now ~D)
- more efficient for diskspace
- all-in-one

I've made the poll public, as we're not talking about politics or colour of underwear or anything else embarrassing to admit, and it will run for 30 days so hopefully everyone intrested should get a chance to vote, without it dragging on too long :bow:

dimitrios the samian
01-20-2008, 01:12
Dear Macsen ,,

Thank you so much for acknowledging my thoughts & proposition . :yes:

Considering HD space so cheap these days this is the logical way to go .
Im sure all of us want dead bodies on the ground and with space no longer an issue further enhancements additions/expansions won't be a problem .

Logic dictates this is the way to go ... :2thumbsup: more later .
Vote wisely my fellow conquerors .
DTS

russia almighty
01-20-2008, 01:38
Separate installs also could help with stability issues .

seireikhaan
01-20-2008, 03:19
I voted to divide them. MORE DEAD BODIES!:beam:

Might be an ever so slight hassel getting them all installed, but the extra units/animations, etc... more than makes up for it.

Xehh II
01-20-2008, 06:55
Separate installs so I can download it!

noone23
01-20-2008, 16:30
That way the earlier and later periods can each get the individual attention that each needs and deserves. Thanks for giving us a chance to express our ideas on this subject.

axel
01-20-2008, 21:33
Hi macsen rufus,
I vote Separate install I got enough HD space Np for me :2thumbsup: More mods more fun to play.
and i love your mods real good and stabil (only its to bad the alexander map isnt like the campain map of MTW) but this is a minor thing to me, its to mixed up for me , i think i am getting old lol