PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Campaign Error

Paradox
01-19-2008, 18:36
I just finished installing RS and right when I choose the faction I want from the Imperial Campaign, it goes back to the Single Player menu, I try it again and the same thing happens.

I was looking forward to this game, any help would be appreciated please. This is the first mod I might play.

Thank you in advance.

Squid
01-20-2008, 07:26
That usually happens when you install the mod incorrectly. The typical reasons are one or both of the following:

1) Installed it to the wrong location (data folder usually)
2) Didn't let the batch file to completion

Either or both of these would cause the problem indicated.

Paradox
01-20-2008, 12:13
1. No I'm sure I placed it in the right location, it said "Activision" but I changed it to "Creative Assembly", which is the correct one, where RTW Gold is located.

2. That is most likely the reason it didn't work, but there was a problem with the completion of the batch file. When the black screen appeared (the one that lists a lot of codes and "Vercingetorix") I tried exiting the program because it seemed like it wasn't going to respond any more, so I clicked the X button and an error appeared, the "End now" error that's been bothering my computer (usually appears from mods) for some time now. Now I keep on getting CTD's when I run RS.

I'll try to reinstall it soon, thank you for the help!

Hound of Ulster
01-22-2008, 06:05
I'd recommend copying your clean RTW installed to a new 'mother' folder that you name 'Activision'. It should work fine.

Paradox
01-22-2008, 12:40
Ahh, okay, so should I rename the file "Activision" or just move RTW content and leave behind BI data?

Hound of Ulster
01-23-2008, 06:30
Nope.

What you do is (if your using a PC) go to your program files and click 'new folder', then re-name that 'new folder' to 'Activision'. Then go over to your 'Creative Assembly' folder and copy your Re-Installed RTW directory IN ITS ENTIRETY to the new 'Activision' folder. Then run the installer for Roma Surrectum In Full

It should work like a charm after that. I also recommend the 1.5 upgrade for RS, its a lot less buggy.

Squid
01-23-2008, 07:18
Laggy, but not buggy, and it was a sprite issue that has been resolved. If you were playing with 1.10c, there were basically no bugs except for the faction leader becoming disinherited.

Hound of Ulster
01-24-2008, 23:19
I'd recommend downloading the RS 1.5 patch. It fixes most of the bugs.

Paradox
01-25-2008, 07:43
I noticed now that I can't play vanilla, again, the imperial campaign error. I'm not able to select a faction, but it works on BI.

Squid
01-25-2008, 17:29
If RS is installed you can't play either vanilla or BI, RS breaks both of them because it makes changes directly in the data folder.

Paradox
01-26-2008, 08:20
How can I delete it? I wouldn't know how to re-install it later because I can't just go on without vanilla, I might still want to play it in the future.

tonyw
02-02-2008, 20:30
Make a copy of your whole vanilla RTW folder and label as Roma Surrectum - now install the mod in here.

The problem you've got relates to not allowing the batch file run itself in its entirety. You've got to let it run (obviously responding where appropriate with A - all - when indicated).

I'd recommend checking out the twcenter site where most issues are dealt with and help is more readily at hand...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251

Good Ship Chuckle
02-17-2008, 17:33
I'm having the exact original problem Fahad I had.

I recently downloaded and installed Roma Surrectum 1.10b onto a freshly reinstalled Sega version of Rome: Total War. I then started up RS after rebooting and got to the main menu perfectly. I then went to imperial campaign, selected the Romani as the faction, and then clicked on the arrow to begin my glorious campaign. After a couple seconds, RS dumped me back to the main menu. I clicked a few more times with the same result.:wall:

Then, in a desperate attempt to set things straight, I completely removed RTW (and RS with it). I then reinstalled both a new copy of RTW and RS only to have the same thing happen to me again.:wall:

Now I'm posting, to get some outside help.:bow:

I've read the previous posts in this thread, and I think that my problem may have something to do with the "batch file" that they were referring to. I don't know what that is. Is it that the command prompt window that showed up after the installation of RS? If that's the case, I immediately closed it after installation, thinking that it wasn't of great consequence.

I would much appreciate some instruction on this issue.:7teacher:

EDIT: Could I just install RS 1.5, and bypass this issue altogether? Or will it come back to haunt me?

Squid
02-19-2008, 16:36
Don't bother with 1.10b, it's an old install. Just grab the new full installer from the download thread.

Good Ship Chuckle
02-21-2008, 05:04
Don't bother with 1.10b, it's an old install. Just grab the new full installer from the download thread.
Are you are totally sure that I will have no problems in the newer version due to the initial problems I had with 1.10b?

And by fuller install, do you mean version 1.5? :bow:

Squid
02-21-2008, 08:44
Are you are totally sure that I will have no problems in the newer version due to the initial problems I had with 1.10b?

And by fuller install, do you mean version 1.5? :bow:

No I mean 1.5a, go to the installer thread and download the file from the link, and follow the instructions in the thread.

Good Ship Chuckle
02-21-2008, 22:32
Alright. :thumbsup:
I'll let you know how it goes. But I won't have access to the computer with RS on it for another week or so :sweatdrop:, so it'll be a while before I can tell you how things went. Until then, ROMA INVICTA!

Good Ship Chuckle
03-03-2008, 04:24
It's all good!:rtwyes:
Finally got RS up and running.
I think I had a combination of problems that resulted in my initial petition.
1) I didn't let the batch file run all the way.
2) I think my initial download of RS 1.0b was corrupt. I downloaded it with firefox, and I heard that there were some problems with that.

Alas, I never did get to see what RS 1.0 was like. Because, I finally resolved my problem by getting the full download straight to 1.5. But something tells me, I wasn't missing too much.:tongue3:

It was worth the wait. I enjoy it very much, however I do have some critiques. But I don't think this thread is the place to put it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Squid
03-03-2008, 18:20
Just as a note 1.5 is the same as 1.0, just patched to fix/improve many things. RS2 when it comes out will be a totally different beast.