PDA

View Full Version : First impression

Bellum
01-21-2008, 04:05
I really like the concept, but the lack of feedback to the player really makes it hard to get into. I haven't studied this period very much, so I only have a vague sense of context. The lack of descriptions and the like is a real downer.

I also don't like the white backgrounds. It takes awhile for my eyes to adjust to them. Too bright.

cegorach
01-21-2008, 11:14
Lack of feedback is a problem - I agree, but it is somehow dealt with by the on-line guide in this forum (sticked thread) which will be reedited when I will have everything done and working fine.

To some degree it cannot be avoided - the mod is so large that only by playing a lot you can master playing the game with a number of more exotic factions.

It is the price the mod pays for diversity and although a newer guide will offer some decent support (like recruitment zones for units, requirements for recruitment and building new structures etc.)- the rest is up to the players and still will be.

Currently the best idea is to play continuesly with one-two factions and see how it works.

The white background is chosen for practical reasons - I found out that by setting such background I can avoid the problem with randomly appearing black spots - lowering brightness of the monitor you are using might be a good idea.:yes: