PDA

View Full Version : VanillaMod Update v0.91 available

FactionHeir
01-21-2008, 21:21
VanillaMod v0.91 is now available.

Changes are as follows:
- Did some further rebalancing mainly regarding prices and upkeep costs of units but also a few stat changes
- Improved strat map AI considerably
- Changed the way the AI receives florin injections to limit the total amount at end turn to 70000, meaning it will not receive the florin bonus if it is already swimming in florins and will also only receive it if it is not down to the last settlement.
- Made rebels even more active (hopefully)
- Decreased the mason's guild faction bonus to compensate for many buildings being stone now
- Made the AI spam less ships for some factions and made them use the ships a bit smarter
- Removed the ability of composite and bodkin flaming arrows to cause damage to siege engines. Made special tower flaming arrows damage siege equipment at a low rate and increased the chances of incineration. In exchange accuracy of tower flaming arrows were reduced.
- Made tower flaming ballista bodypiercing
- Increased rocket accuracy by a small amount
- Tweaked the aztecs some more
- Made mongols and timurids attack pattern more reliable. They will now attempt to carve out an empire unless you stop them.
- Pikemen are a lot more reliable

Note that due to having to send my laptop off to repairs for over a week in a few hours, I did not have time to retest the mongols/timurids attack pattern after some recent AI strat tweaks to make other factions more reliable in attack. It is possible (but hopefully not) that this may not always work properly.

Download Link (http://generalsun.dreamhosters.com/uploads/files/VanillaModv0.91.zip)

Stone and Blood
02-20-2008, 02:10
That sounds interesting FactionHeir, I might try your mod.
But there is one thing I would like to know. How do you change the unit's stats? I would like to try some changes. I tryied to find something like Export_Descr_Units.txt, wich is where you change the unit's stats at Rome Total War, but I can't find anything that can, somehow, change the units stats. Where and how can I do this?
Thanks for your atention :).

FactionHeir
02-20-2008, 09:36
Hiya, in M2TW, those files are the same, but need to be unpacked using the unpacker in your tools\unpacker directory first. It has detailed instructions on use in its own readme.

Stone and Blood
02-20-2008, 22:11
Where does this tools\unpacker is located? I can't find it, even using search. All I can find is the tools, but there is no unpacker inside it. =S

FactionHeir
02-21-2008, 00:44
Make sure you are patched to 1.2 or higher.

Stone and Blood
02-21-2008, 04:17
I've patched my Medieval 2 total war to 1.2 , I've found the Export_Descr_Unit.txt, thanks FactionHeir, soon as possible I'll get your mod. :)