PDA

View Full Version : Information appreciated.....NTW/MTW/VI

falkonfive
01-23-2008, 19:50
If anyone can help us out with this question it would be much appreciated. We are improving the NTW ( Napoleonic ) mod to make it more historically inclined.

We'd like to improve the graphics and are slowly discovering the darkest mysteries of MTW graphics. Heres what we need to know. We are currently playing with 133 troop types in 5 major nationalities. The old NTW graphics are a bit limited and the same models seems to be used for Russians, French, Austrians etc. Ideally we would like to individualise them. i.e a French line infantry model will be very different to a Russian or Austrian one. Now we understand about faction colours etc and have been told that the maximum number of models that can be available in a game is 40 or so. ( Something to do with the number of folders in textures / men ? )

Because of the similarities amongst some nations uniforms we reckon we can get it down to 73 different models, some being almost identical except for tunic colours etc.

Question - is 40 something the max number of models available? If so is there any way we can cram more in?

thanks in advance for any info.

Falkonfive
1809 Society

http://s15.invisionfree.com/ntw1revival

cegorach
01-26-2008, 16:13
There are two, usually unused animation folders which will work exactly like the 10 Custom folders i.e. are safe to use for aditional factions...

Those are: PLATESURCOAT and MONGHKAV - hope it is what you are looking for. ;)

falkonfive
01-26-2008, 17:14
Many thanks Cegorach, found 'em. That helps. We owe ya.

falkonfive

macsen rufus
01-29-2008, 17:57
Another trick that works with infantry, and has been used successfully by Hellenic:TW in one of their animations, is to cram more than one set of animations into a BIF. I haven't looked at the NTW bifs, so I don't know how "full" they are, but if you find any with half a screen of empty background, then you have space. Simply use two different sets of coordinates for the actionspage to call up different units. If you have access to an HTW install, check out the folder that contains the GR_PikeSh and GR_Octaspis units, you'll see what they did. :bow:

falkonfive
01-30-2008, 10:52
Many thanks for the reply Macsen. Yes, we do have a couple of half pages and your info is much appreciated.

Cheers

f5

cegorach
01-30-2008, 11:12
You can even squeeze a dozen if you are really good ;)

Just don't forget to set new coordinates for the added animations. ;)