PDA

View Full Version : Fimbulwinter - Large Mafia Game [Concluded]

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-24-2008, 18:44
This game is a little less revolutionary than my previous mafia games and sticks to a more traditional pattern.

Fimbulwinter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimbulwinter) has arrived - the three year long winter in which snow comes from all directions with no summer to break up the cold. Food shortages are eternal, wars rage over the most basic of resources, laws and rules of kinship are ignored by almost all, and the Norse Gods prepare for Ragnarök (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar%C3%B6k), the end of the world, which is destined to follow this great and powerful freeze.

A small village in Midgard was not exempt from the wars and bitter conflicts of the Fimbulwinter. The populace, once somewhat close to two hundred people, have murdered each other in constant feuds resulting from thefts of basic food resources and murder of families.

The neighboring villages have also been conducting raids on the village. With the lawless status, nobody was able to make enough people unite, or even simply stop fighting, for long enough to devise a council, or a "thing", to discuss how to deal with the enemy assaults.

A small group of individuals have stayed out of the fighting however. These wisemen, allied with a small number of magical elves, are united in the chief's longhouse despite the attacks happening outside. So far, they have managed to keep themselves safe from external attacks, using the immortal magic of the elves, but recently two wisemen were killed and replaced by impostors. In response, the wisemen have chosen to execute one of their number daily, hoping to wipe out the enemy threat.

This game's setting was inspired by my second mafia game on the .Org, hosted by Sigurd Fafnesbane. Kudos to him for the idea.

Roles:
Wisemen
Imposters (2)
Elves (2)
Secret Roles (?)

The Wisemen are the basic townies of the game, while the Impostors are the basic mafioso.

Imposters can, combined, kill one player every night.

The Elves are a little different and have two powers which they are permitted to use only once. These powers will be assigned randomly, and could involve anything which in a normal game a pro-townie may be able to do (e.g. killing, investigating, protecting e.t.c.).

The secret roles are exactly that, secret, and their identity shall remain shrouded in mystery until the end of the game.

This game will follow the traditional day/night phase set up. Night phases will end after 24-hrs, while day phases will last until either five votes (more than ten living players) or a majority vote (fewer than or equal to nine living players) is reached. To comply with Andres' hosting rules, the phase will end with the lynch of an individual with a number of votes closest to the majority after 72-hrs if the required number of votes has not been reached.

Role PM quoting is disallowed, as are the usual banned items such as screenshots.

Sign-ups are open. Feel free to post the word "In" below should you wish to participate.

Signed-up (16)
Andres
Beefy187
Caeser The III
Caius
FactionHeir
Glenn
Ichigo
kamikhaan
Kommodus
pevergreen
shlin28
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
The Stranger
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire

taka
01-24-2008, 19:22
ooh another by omanes, in please

FactionHeir
01-24-2008, 19:25
In.

Warmaster Horus
01-24-2008, 20:02
In, although don't expect me (or anyone, I should think) to be very active once CDTC starts.

shlin28
01-24-2008, 20:34
In.

Craterus
01-24-2008, 21:34
In.

Caius
01-24-2008, 21:52
In.

FactionHeir
01-24-2008, 22:34
Btw, I would strongly suggest limiting the day phases to an absolute maximum of 48 hours to prevent widespread inactivity and boredom in the game, especially as the phases would end in no lynch.

Caeser The III
01-24-2008, 23:19
can i be in, if im allowed,not sure if its full or not.btw people im a novice so if i do somthing not right, i am truly sorry.

PershsNhpios
01-24-2008, 23:33
I have always been in.

Andres
01-24-2008, 23:45
can i be in, if im allowed,not sure if its full or not.btw people im a novice so if i do somthing not right, i am truly sorry.

Don't worry my friend. We'll lynch you gently :evil:

Welcome to the Gameroom :bow:

In.

Caius
01-25-2008, 02:59
Caeser the III, in this kind of games there isnt a limit of people. So, you are in. And, Andres, he was playing before.

pevergreen
01-25-2008, 03:15
"in"

Csargo
01-25-2008, 22:12
:soapbox:

Kommodus
01-26-2008, 00:21
NI!... I mean, in.

Caeser The III
01-26-2008, 05:23
just to remind you all i was in another mafia game by omanes, not to long ago

Beefy187
01-26-2008, 07:10
Im not sure if I can be active. I might lurk but..

In!! (If you let me play)

Caius
01-26-2008, 16:33
In!! (If you let me play)
I do not. So, you are not in.

Tiberius of the Drake
01-26-2008, 21:29
total innage.

edit: ahh lagg struck at the wrng time please delete the three posts after this.

Csargo
01-26-2008, 21:33
I guess I'm not cool enough to play. :bigcry:

TevashSzat
01-26-2008, 21:38
I'm in I guess

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-26-2008, 21:46
Btw, I would strongly suggest limiting the day phases to an absolute maximum of 48 hours to prevent widespread inactivity and boredom in the game, especially as the phases would end in no lynch.I've considered it, and have changed the system a little - now rather than no lynch at the end of a undecided day phase, the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.
I guess I'm not cool enough to play. :bigcry:Sorry Ichigo - I somehow forgot to put you on the list. I accidentally clicked on the reload button just as I was editing the first post - I then lost patience and ceased being systematic, simply placing in anybody who I though had signed up fairly randomly ~:(

Beefy187
01-27-2008, 07:43
I do not. So, you are not in.

Aww.. :embarassed:

Caius
01-27-2008, 19:01
Aww.. :embarassed:
:bounce:

Nah man, you are in.

Craterus
01-27-2008, 20:55
I think I'm going to make CdTC II my last mafia game. At least for a while so I'm gonna drop out of this.

Sorry Omanes. Have fun everyone.

Caius
01-27-2008, 22:31
When are we starting?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-27-2008, 22:37
When are we starting?I'd say some point within the next few days. I'm going to wait a short while with the hope of drawing in a few more players. With CTDC about to start though, I expect quite a few potential players, especially the ones with fairly tight schedules, to be tied up with that.

Caius
01-27-2008, 22:42
I'm anxious but I think it can wait. Anyway, thanks for the responce.

seireikhaan
01-28-2008, 04:56
Eh, In.

The Stranger
01-28-2008, 17:32
in if still possible and allowed...

FactionHeir
01-28-2008, 20:20
while day phases will last until either five votes (eleven or more living players) or a majority vote (fewer than or equal to sixteen players) is reached.

I think that is very contradictory. Please rewrite :grin:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-28-2008, 20:29
I think that is very contradictory. Please rewrite :grin:Fixed it, and another one of my oversights in the process. When it comes to editing existing work I always end up somehow creating a paradoxical and self-contradictory mess. I feel a little short of words - not having the suffix "the Idiot" on the end of my user name anymore prevents me from twice repeating the phrase "look at the username".

:stupido2:

Andres
01-29-2008, 17:28
Fixed it, and another one of my oversights in the process. When it comes to editing existing work I always end up somehow creating a paradoxical and self-contradictory mess. I feel a little short of words - not having the suffix "the Idiot" on the end of my user name anymore prevents me from twice repeating the phrase "look at the username".

:stupido2:

Oh come on Omanes, don't be so modest and please don't call yourself "an idiot". Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. No need to apologise because you're human ~:)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-30-2008, 13:46
Your complements Andres, are appreciated :bow:

Back to topic - sign-ups will close in 24-hrs. I doubt anymore players are going to wish to participate - the rate of sign-ups has slowed down to a standstill.

Kommodus
01-30-2008, 16:25
Back to topic - sign-ups will close in 24-hrs. I doubt anymore players are going to wish to participate - the rate of sign-ups has slowed down to a standstill.

Everyone's holding their breath for the start of CDTC...

Beefy187
01-31-2008, 09:59
Im glad that i havnt missed anything.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-31-2008, 17:46
Sign-ups are now closed. PMs will be distributed over the next four hours. A small interruption may slow me down at some point. Sorry for any inconvenience.

FactionHeir
01-31-2008, 20:55
vote:TheStranger
Because you are a stranger to these lands

Omanes Alexandrapolites
01-31-2008, 21:06
Day I Prologue
The wisemen were awoken by a deadly throwing axe embedding itself inside the wooden walls of the hut. After a few moments of moving sleep from weary eyes, everybody was fully awake, around the stinging smoke of the open fire, and, as they munched on their breakfast of half rotten/semi-raw pigs flesh, had begun preparing for the first day of removing these wretched impostors.

Day I and the game begins! With sixteen players alive, it take five votes to be placed upon one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes five votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made using the above rules by 17:00 (GMT) on Saturday 3rd of February 2007, then the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Good luck to all!

Tiberius of the Drake
01-31-2008, 21:08
random opening Vote

Vote: Warmaster Horus

shlin28
01-31-2008, 22:44
Vote FH

Random-rific! Plus you voted before the day started :inquisitive:

Kommodus
01-31-2008, 23:53
Vote: Glenn

What with all the random voting, I figured somebody better vote for someone who's actually guilty... :holmes:

Hey Glenn, you seem a bit new 'round these parts. How about introducing yourself? Tell us a bit about yourself; say, would you rather marry an ugly billionaire or a hot poor person?

taka
01-31-2008, 23:57
im gonna vote: Warmaster Horus

he wanted to be killed in the other mafia, so i think he might want to be killed again early on lol

pevergreen
02-01-2008, 00:41
Same as Kommodus, I havent played with: Caeser The III and taka.

So tell me about yourself!

taka
02-01-2008, 01:02
we've played pevergreen before - in beef steak mafia, but unfortunatly you got lynched on first round and i got to beef everyone hahaha, would have been good if you could chicken everyone lol

i joined the forums to play mafia not so long ago, its becoming addictive LOL, i HAVE to check the forums everyhour or so everyday

have to say i like the variation on this mafia tho, seems very interesting

The Stranger
02-01-2008, 01:27
vote:TheStranger
Because you are a stranger to these lands

you voted before the day started... so it doesnt count ::clown:

seireikhaan
02-01-2008, 01:28
Hmm, eenie, meenie, miny, moe...

Vote: Tiberius of the Drake

Tiberius of the Drake
02-01-2008, 03:06
completely ignore this post. please delete.

TevashSzat
02-01-2008, 03:30
completely ignore this post. please delete.

So what did you write that warranted a complete edit?.....

taka
02-01-2008, 03:55
yea, i wanted to ask that too :P

pevergreen
02-01-2008, 05:34
you voted before the day started... so it doesnt count ::clown:
Oh hello my Capo friend. I hope you dont plan to repeat your capo I plan in here?

Vote: TS

Beefy187
02-01-2008, 07:59
Vote:Xdeathfire

random vote:beam:

Andres
02-01-2008, 13:01
Vote : The Stranger

This one counts :grin:

Kommodus
02-01-2008, 15:28
I agree with Andres, time to put some real pressure on someone - enough of these random votes.

Vote: The Stranger

Tell me, friend, why do you deserve to live?

Vote:Xdeathfire

random vote:beam:

FoS: Beefy187

That's one random vote too many. :stare:

Andres
02-01-2008, 15:50
I agree with Andres, time to put some real pressure on someone - enough of these random votes.

Why do you want The Stranger dead?

Kommodus
02-01-2008, 16:03
Why do you want The Stranger dead?

I don't necessarily want him dead; I want him to talk.

Everyone's voting randomly; this makes it easy for the mafia because a) they can easily toss out random votes as well without suspicion, b) they don't have to respond to or defend themselves against random votes, and c) the person lynched is random.

I'd rather have someone - anyone - say something useful. There's obviously no real evidence against TS, but he can still help by telling us why he should not be lynched. Does he have a strategy for identifying the mafia that is useful to the town? Will he be actively involved in helping the town, or does he plan on lurking? These are the sorts of questions I'd like to see everyone answer; now that TS has 3 votes against him, there's some pressure on him to do so.

Caeser The III
02-01-2008, 16:46
was known as ilikethisgame5but changed it

Andres
02-01-2008, 16:49
I'd rather have someone - anyone - say something useful. There's obviously no real evidence against TS, but he can still help by telling us why he should not be lynched. Does he have a strategy for identifying the mafia that is useful to the town? Will he be actively involved in helping the town, or does he plan on lurking? These are the sorts of questions I'd like to see everyone answer; now that TS has 3 votes against him, there's some pressure on him to do so.

Why don't you help us by telling us why you should not be lynched? Or do you need pressure to do so?

Tiberius of the Drake
02-01-2008, 19:51
Vote FH

Random-rific! Plus you voted before the day started :inquisitive:

answering those who wonder about my post deletion:

i thought this post was pretaining to me at first and i said something stupid.

Kommodus
02-01-2008, 22:40
Why don't you help us by telling us why you should not be lynched? Or do you need pressure to do so?

Very well. I should not be lynched early in the game because 1) I can use Holmes as well as my experience to help find the mafia and 2) I'll be an active contributor. When we get to mid- or late-game, of course, you should lynch me if you find me suspicious.

Your turn. :bow:

Andres
02-01-2008, 22:48
Very well. I should not be lynched early in the game because 1) I can use Holmes as well as my experience to help find the mafia and 2) I'll be an active contributor. When we get to mid- or late-game, of course, you should lynch me if you find me suspicious.

Your turn. :bow:

I should not be lynched because I'm the inquisitorial type. Allthough lynching me won't shut me up, it'll hurt my credibility. Instead of letting me generate discussion, people will just say "why would we listen to you? You're lynched! As far as we know you're just a dead mafioso trying to mess up our minds."

Another reason is that there have been plenty of round 1 Andres lynches allready with no reason at all (unless you consider alphabetical order a reason).

Kommodus
02-01-2008, 22:53
I should not be lynched because I'm the inquisitorial type. Allthough lynching me won't shut me up, it'll hurt my credibility. Instead of letting me generate discussion, people will just say "why would we listen to you? You're lynched! As far as we know you're just a dead mafioso trying to mess up our minds."

Another reason is that there have been plenty of round 1 Andres lynches allready with no reason at all (unless you consider alphabetical order a reason).

Very well. :bow: But be sure you remain true to your inquisitorial self, and ask good questions.

In the meantime, what do you think about all this random voting? I'd guess there's a mafioso somewhere in the mix of random voters, trying to blend in. Any ideas which it is?

Andres
02-01-2008, 22:59
In the meantime, what do you think about all this random voting? I'd guess there's a mafioso somewhere in the mix of random voters, trying to blend in. Any ideas which it is?

Nope.

But FactionHeir is usually more talkative. And he has been posting on other fora today :juggle:

Hmm, eenie, meenie, miny, moe...

Vote: Tiberius of the Drake

If I would do that, kamikhaan would call it "lackidaisical". Not enough to issue a vote yet. And I must admit, since he fooled me in every game he was mafia, I'm a bit paranoid about kami.

Why was Beefy's random vote one random vote too many Kommodus?

Kommodus
02-01-2008, 23:12
Why was Beefy's random vote one random vote too many Kommodus?

Because:

A) There had been a little more discussion since the opening comments, and while there still wasn't much to go on, it wasn't necessary to vote completely randomly.

B) As mafiosi tend to do, he sort of "slipped it in there," almost under the radar. :inquisitive:

Caeser The III
02-02-2008, 00:51
Vote:pevergreen
just a random vote

Beefy187
02-02-2008, 01:27
just a random vote

High five caesar:laugh4:

Well look at poor innocent beefy? does he look scummy at all?:sweatdrop:

pevergreen
02-02-2008, 01:28
AHAHHAHA *panic*

:grin2:

Im looking at Beefy.

TS isnt spamming enough yet :inquisitive: Gotta give him some time though.

Im wary of Kami, fools everyone too easily.

seireikhaan
02-02-2008, 01:37
Im wary of Kami, fools everyone too easily.

If I would do that, kamikhaan would call it "lackidaisical". Not enough to issue a vote yet. And I must admit, since he fooled me in every game he was mafia, I'm a bit paranoid about kami.

Well, I'll take these as compliments, thanks.:beam: Andres, you're quite right that I would call you lackadaisical, but that's because you're usually fairly keen on finding mafia, so when you're slacking, it makes me suspicious. Plus, it worked the first time anyways.:sweatdrop: Meanwhile, I'm no great mafia hunter myself.

However, I shall Unvote: Tiberius of the Drake, and Vote: FactionHeir. He's very, very quiet right now, very unlike him.

TevashSzat
02-02-2008, 02:44
Vote: Beefy

You vote for me, i vote for you.

taka
02-02-2008, 04:51
thought i'd tally up as it seems a bit messy atm

Warmaster Horus (2) - Tiberius of the Drake, taka
Fractionheir (1) - shlin28
Tiberius of the Drake (1) - kamikhaan
The Stranger (3) - pevergreen, Andres, Kommodus
Xdeathfire (1) - Beefy187
pevergreen (1) - Caeser The III
Beefy187 (1) - Xdeathfire
kamikhaan (1) - Ichigo

someone might want to double check that list.

guess we still got 5 people that needs to vote

edit: updated list

pevergreen
02-02-2008, 06:19
Put the final pressure vote on TS someone :grin2:

Id keep the retaliation vote from Xdeath in mind, he knows better than that.

Caeser The III
02-02-2008, 07:00
Im wary of Kami, fools everyone too easily.good point....

Csargo
02-02-2008, 07:09
Vote:Khaan

I don't think it needs an explanation.

PershsNhpios
02-02-2008, 11:31
Well, I am very glad I have not missed the grandeur of the first hanging.
The first victim of the gallows, the first corpse to attempt the satisfaction of a timid horde - the oration of some may be slight and oafish thus far - yet no doubt we can certainly hope it will impress once the game itself becomes more intelligent.

I should be maddened that some self-noted, "Veteran", has voted to lynch me - yet I am rather flattered my name was mentioned in bold somehow - as I am not popular enough even to be strung up in the name of guilty sins, let alone become the first.

No, since everyone proclaims this first vote, for want of information or indeed, forensic thought, I will vote for someone who strikes me sharply by their very first impression.

Vote: Caesar the III

I condemn the boy who dishonours a most glorious and distinguished title, and bears it like a toy with no regard to it's history.

FactionHeir
02-02-2008, 12:30
In case my vote didn't count: vote: TheStranger

And I'm quiet because I'm still working on reinstalling my OS and programs after getting my laptop back. Read the Throne Room if you don't believe it.

Also on the last weekend of my ambulance training course, so yeah.

TevashSzat
02-02-2008, 13:19
Put the final pressure vote on TS someone :grin2:

Id keep the retaliation vote from Xdeath in mind, he knows better than that.

I don't know.....

TS already has the most amount the votes and you're just gonna be asking for a bandwagon with one more vote in. Its best to foster more discussion and not get some random person lynched

pevergreen
02-02-2008, 14:25
5 to lynch or majority. TS already had majority. You put him one off lynch, and he convinces us. If someone puts the last vote on him early, they are mafia.

Thats how you play it over at mafiascum.net.

TevashSzat
02-02-2008, 14:35
But the thing is here if time runs out, person with the highest # of votes gets lynched so if we have too much votes on him, we may not be quick enough to unvote before he gets lnched

Caius
02-02-2008, 15:46
Thats how you play it over at mafiascum.net
But this the .org :inquisitive: :grin2:

I hate those guys like FH who haven't normal access to the .org. They lead to me to think they are mafia.

Warmaster Horus
02-02-2008, 18:21
Vote: Xdeathfire.

I do believe this is the first day. More discussion? There haven't even been any kills yet! Also, pev's right.

Tally
Warmaster Horus (2) - Tiberius of the Drake, taka
Factionheir (2) - shlin28, kamikhaan
The Stranger (4) - pevergreen, Andres, Kommodus, FH
Xdeathfire (2) - Beefy187, WH
pevergreen (1) - Caeser The III
Beefy187 (1) - Xdeathfire
kamikhaan (1) - Ichigo

seireikhaan
02-02-2008, 18:26
My vote is for FactionHeir, not Tiberius.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-02-2008, 18:42
Just so you are all aware, one more vote on The Stranger will result in him undergoing the lynch.

Tally:
The Stranger - 4 (pevergreen, Andres, Kommodus, FactionHeir)

FactionHeir - 2 (shlin28, kamikhaan)
Warmaster Horus - 2 (Tiberius of the Drake, taka)
Xdeathfire - 2 (Beefy187, Warmaster Horus)

Beefy187 - 1 (Xdeathfire)
kamikhaan - 1 (Ichigo)
pevergreen - 1 (Caeser The III)

FactionHeir
02-02-2008, 21:40
To be fair, this is round 1, so it usually ends up in a random lynch. Without any kills its difficult to tell who the mafia are.

And Caius, hating is bad :no:

Beefy187
02-03-2008, 01:15
Unvote, Vote: FH

I dont mean to bandwagon but if I have to play seriously from round 1 then he'll get my vote. I dont understand why we are lynching TS.. I havnt seen him for ages and soon as he comes back we lynch him round 1? :sweatdrop:

Ill say we make FH and TS tied and then we'll decide later

PershsNhpios
02-03-2008, 01:58
Spiffin' marvellous fancy, Beefy!

Unvote: Caesar the Ignorant

Vote: FactionHeir

He isn't the heir of my faction, and I despise the way he instructs other people to handle their emotions.

When do all these delightful PM scams and such begin?
Or will I not see any such intrigue until Capo II?

TevashSzat
02-03-2008, 02:16
Spiffin' marvellous fancy, Beefy!

Unvote: Caesar the Ignorant

Vote: FactionHeir

He isn't the heir of my faction, and I despise the way he instructs other people to handle their emotions.

When do all these delightful PM scams and such begin?
Or will I not see any such intrigue until Capo II?

I smell a bandwagon going on....

Tally:
The Stranger - 4 (pevergreen, Andres, Kommodus, FactionHeir)
FactionHeir - 4 (Glenn, Beefy187, shlin28, kamikhaan)

kamikhaan - 1 (Ichigo)
Xdeathfire - 1 (Warmaster Horus)

The Stranger
02-03-2008, 02:44
I can now decide this lynch in my favor... I won't I'll leave it to the other townies... reason for lack of spamming is I went to disneyland for the weekend, and I had exams the week before... so lack of time, I will make it up later... first im going to catch up some sleep, havent slept in 36 hours

Beefy187
02-03-2008, 06:33
I can now decide this lynch in my favor... I won't I'll leave it to the other townies... reason for lack of spamming is I went to disneyland for the weekend, and I had exams the week before... so lack of time, I will make it up later... first im going to catch up some sleep, havent slept in 36 hours

Thats a good reasoning I think. I feel like lynching FH now

Csargo
02-03-2008, 06:53
Unvote:khaan, Vote:TS

I'd rather have FH alive then TS.

pevergreen
02-03-2008, 07:17
As would I. TS is destructive to the town. :tongue:

Beefy nicely moved focus off TS for a bit. :inquisitive:

Keeping my eye on him.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-03-2008, 08:54
Day I Conclusion:
The Stranger was lynched through the traditional "Blood Eagle" method. He was tied to a supporting beam in the long house, had his ribs cut from his back, the ribs were broken to resemble wings and then his lungs were slowly torn out. If that wasn't bad, while The Stranger was screaming at that intense torture, a large volume of salt was poured upon the wounds.

For some strange reason the ration distributor asked for The Stranger's remains afterwards. Suspiciously everybody ate very well that night, even though the meat was unnamed, mysterious and, in some cases, very salty.

Night I begins. All orders must be in by 12:30 (GMT) on Monday the 4th February.

Tally:
The Stranger - 5 (pevergreen, Andres, Kommodus, FactionHeir, Ichigo)

FactionHeir - 4 (Glenn, Beefy187, shlin28, kamikhaan)

Xdeathfire - 1 (Warmaster Horus)

Alive (15):
Andres
Beefy187
Caeser The III
Caius
FactionHeir
Glenn
Ichigo
kamikhaan
Kommodus
pevergreen
shlin28
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire

Lynched (1):
The Stranger

Killed (0):

Beefy187
02-03-2008, 09:13
As would I. TS is destructive to the town. :tongue:

Beefy nicely moved focus off TS for a bit. :inquisitive:

Keeping my eye on him.

Well soo far every single time you acuse me of being mafia im innocent. And I only support TS because he seem to had lots more stuff to do then FH (I mean he went to disney land :beam: ) Ill keep my eye on you Pever. Although I think your innocent

PershsNhpios
02-03-2008, 10:16
If you are going to keep your eye upon any, stay them on the likes of Kommodus, who displays the typical behaviour of mafioso players at the beginning of games.

Oh, and also - this Blood Eagle execution was not done correctly - you did not stick the broken bone, 'wings', into the side of Stranger's corpse in order to give him the appearance of an eagle - or angel.

Good luck tonight, those who continue to play.

pevergreen
02-03-2008, 11:47
Smart Mafia = Kommo Alive.

The Stranger
02-03-2008, 15:52
cmon... am I ever going to get a fair chance... I havent been destructive for the town in my last 3 mafia's... bandwagoning bandwagoners... :furious3:

I was a townie... and I swear... if I couldve... GRAAAH

FactionHeir
02-03-2008, 22:51
Errr GRAAAH seems very untownie like :grin:

I think Kommo is our detective so we should aim to protect him.

The Stranger
02-03-2008, 23:43
graah sounds like frustration...

pevergreen
02-04-2008, 00:21
Claiming Kommo as detective this early is odd. Not even a night phase yet. Kommo just has holmes, if he is running it.

Caius
02-04-2008, 00:58
I think FH and Kommo have a connection. That's why he is covering him!

PershsNhpios
02-04-2008, 01:15
I think that is a rather obvious statement, or an oblivious one.

I also think it is too early to make one-sentence accusations, lest this entire game fall into that cycle.

FactionHeir can know no more easily than any of us who the detective is, and none of us who were innocent would proclaim our very first examinations if we thought it would expose the loving detective to harm.

In this case, if I am murdered tonight, it will be FactionHeir or Kommodus who will have the strongest, and only motives for doing so.

pevergreen
02-04-2008, 02:21
Or any mafia. Frame?

PershsNhpios
02-04-2008, 02:47
Pevergreen is innocent.

Caius
02-04-2008, 02:48
Pevergreen is innocent.
How do you know?

pevergreen
02-04-2008, 03:03
How do you know that?

Beefy187
02-04-2008, 06:37
Maybe Glenn and Pever is the mafia.. I think they are both innocent though.

Im guessing either FH, Caius or Kommo is the mafia.

Andres
02-04-2008, 09:20
I think Kommo is our detective so we should aim to protect him.

FactionHeir! Whose side are you on? Giving this information at night :no:

FactionHeir
02-04-2008, 10:14
I don't know for sure that Kommo is the detective or not, but from past experience, he always seems to end up with that role.

PershsNhpios
02-04-2008, 10:20
Peeve has not replied to me in a style that creates a picture of a typical criminal - or even a criminal pretending innocence.

Either he is a flawless actor - which he isn't, or he has no evil intentions towards the inhabitants here.

Do you Peeve?

Yes, FactionHeir and Kommodus are suspicious, by their very responses or lack of this former, Andres could also be victimised in accusation -but not likely.

Caius breathes an air of innocence, and Beefy - which makes me so indecisive of him - always breathes an air of neutrality, making him seem oblivious and undisturbed.
Nonetheless, I have no fear of him be he civilian or criminal.

FactionHeir
02-04-2008, 10:22
Why do you speak in these odd terms? "breathing an air of neutrality"? :inquisitive:

pevergreen
02-04-2008, 10:25
Who is peeve?

:angry:

Im now suspicious of Glen

PershsNhpios
02-04-2008, 10:30
Because I enjoy composing whatever I say in a manner that is both easily understood and abstract.

Also, you are incorrect in assuming your good companion Kommodus has been given the role of detective more games than any other.

Perhaps even Kommodus himself would ask you to stop defending him - in the event you draw too fond a picture of the tie between the two of you.

Killfr3nzy
02-04-2008, 13:04
I say we kill everybody.

Let's see the mafia when then.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-04-2008, 14:06
This phase will be extended for a few hours - I haven't got time to form a write-up now.

Sorry for any inconvenience ~:(

Caius
02-04-2008, 15:09
Bad Omanes :whip:

Dont worry Omanes, take your time. Again, there is something between FH and Kommodus. And I hope that isn't a love relationship. :grin2:

FactionHeir
02-04-2008, 15:17
Kommodi are such adorable animals tho...

On a more serious note, me saying Kommodus is likely innocent is as suspicious as me going after Andres most of the time.

Kommodus
02-04-2008, 15:36
Gah! There's so much ill-logic going on here I hardly know where to begin... :no:

In this case, if I am murdered tonight, it will be FactionHeir or Kommodus who will have the strongest, and only motives for doing so.

Glenn... the way you speak suggests that, although you are new to mafia at the .Org, you've played the game online before. Someone from over at mafiascum.net, perhaps?

If this is the case, you should know better than to make statements like this. I'll forgive your poor reasoning, but just this once. :stare:

Why is it that FH or me who would have motives for killing you? Because you've cast suspicion on us? But would that not be at least as good a reason not to kill you, since mafiosi would rather look innocent than guilty? Then again, knowing this, a guilty FH or Kommo might kill you anyway and then claim frame-up... and as you see, the whole thing degenerates into WIFOM.

If you are killed, the players you accused might be guilty, or they might have been framed - there's simply no way to tell. I've been a mafioso before and framed people this way. Sometimes it's worked, because of ill-logic like yours. This is a fairly elementary argument, which I'd be surprised if you'd never heard before. :inquisitive:

I don't know for sure that Kommo is the detective or not, but from past experience, he always seems to end up with that role.

First, though I've played in many mafia games here, I've actually only been the detective once - in Curse of Fenric II. So your experience has apparently deceived you.

Second, being detective in one game and being detective in another are statistically independent events. My roles in previous games have no bearing on my role in this one.

Finally, as Andres has pointed out, if you think I'm a detective than this would not be a good time to say it. Remember that the pro-town powers (Elf-powers) work differently in this game - each Elf has two powers, each of which can be used only once. I don't think we have a traditional detective in this game, unless it's one of the secret roles (unlikely).

Peeve has not replied to me in a style that creates a picture of a typical criminal - or even a criminal pretending innocence.

Either he is a flawless actor - which he isn't, or he has no evil intentions towards the inhabitants here.

Do you Peeve?

Yes, FactionHeir and Kommodus are suspicious, by their very responses or lack of this former, Andres could also be victimised in accusation -but not likely.

Caius breathes an air of innocence, and Beefy - which makes me so indecisive of him - always breathes an air of neutrality, making him seem oblivious and undisturbed.
Nonetheless, I have no fear of him be he civilian or criminal.

And you can tell all this after one round of play...? :dizzy2:

While I commend your efforts at using intuition to identify the mafia, I hope that you are self-aware enough to know of the problematic and unreliable nature of this approach. Even a small amount of experience reveals that the results it produces are more often incorrect than correct, and it can (and does) go wrong very frequently, resulting in disaster for the town.

For an introduction to my approach, check out this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78384).

I'm uninclined at the moment to trust your instincts or intrepretation of behavior anyway, since you're wrong on at least one point I am certain of. Earlier you made this claim:

If you are going to keep your eye upon any, stay them on the likes of Kommodus, who displays the typical behaviour of mafioso players at the beginning of games.

This makes me wonder if you have any idea what the "typical behavior of mafioso players at the beginning of games" looks like. Perhaps you should explain what you mean? :bow:

EDIT: Fixed quote tags.

Andres
02-04-2008, 17:10
Well, I can see two reasons for FH to claim that he knows that Kommo is detective:
a) he wants the mafia to kill Kommo, because a killed Kommo = an innocent Kommo = we can trust him when he says he is using 'holmes';
b) FH is mafia and wants the doctor (well, if there is a doctor in this game) to protect Kommo while he kills off another player.

Anyway, we shouldn't fixate our attention too much on a few players. At this stage of the game, everybody is a suspect :inquisitive:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-04-2008, 18:37
Night I Conclusion:
The following morning, three kills had occurred. As the wisemen sat around the fire that morning, two soothsayers looked back into the previous night to try and understand what exactly had happened. After much mumbling and moaning as they communicated with the past, they had this to say:

The stooped figure arose from his pallet, gathering his belongings from around him. He slept to the northern side of the hut, far enough away to detract attention, but close enough to seem sincere. The colour of the night was black, the north wind was cold. Andres was sleeping nicely. He stayed that way as he was slowly cut of air.

Hours later a feast was finished. Andres' body was a meatless skeleton, except it was also missing his ribcage.

Kommodus was conducting an important affair with the wife of a late Elder, and in celebration of The Stranger's lynching he was truly enjoying himself.

However, one who had knowledge of this union, and animosity towards that slight, pale man, concluded this night to end him.

The man spent almost the entire afternoon in the pine outside of town, sharpening his broad, arc axe.

And when darkness came he simply traversed the streets, burst inside the house of the concubine, and beheaded Kommodus as he was flailing over the woman - severely wounding the girl herself.

shlin28 was simply sleeping on the cold muddy ground of the longhouse. He was snoring terribly, but those around him had gotten used to this, and had learnt to sleep through it.

Two men, however, were exempt to this rule and, having kicked shlin in the side multiple times with the hope of ending this eternal noise, had finally lost patience.

After stabbing him in the side several times with their brutal swords, shlin28 finally stopped snoring - for good.

After listening to the soothsayers, the wisemen proceeded onto breakfast. This seemed to consist of the same strange meat they had consumed last night. After a few moments of discussion the wisemen proceeded onto the voting for the oncoming lynch.

All of a sudden, however, one of the soothsayers had a vision of a carving on the bottom of the door of the longhouse. Two wisemen investigated, and found the same carvings which the soothsayers claimed to have seen. The mysterious message read:
"The first night begins, what wrath harkens? Beefy. Results tomorrow."

All of the wisemen were a little confused, but continued with the voting as planned.

Day II begins! With sixteen players alive, it take five votes to be placed upon one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes five votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made using the above rules by 17:00 (GMT) on Thursday 7th of February 2008, then the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (12):
Beefy187
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
Glenn
Ichigo
kamikhaan
pevergreen
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire

Lynched (1):
The Stranger

Killed (3):
shlin28
Kommodus
Andres

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius

shlin28
02-04-2008, 19:00
Alas, why am I always kill during the first night phase??? :furious3:

Kommodus
02-04-2008, 19:23
Ok, here's what I make of the night phase:

1. Omanes indicated that the two "imposters," between the two of them, would be allowed one kill each night. He didn't specifically mention any other roles that would be allowed kills, except he hinted that the Elven abilities (each ability to be used once per game) might include this ability.

2. There was not one, but three deaths during the night. Let's consider each.

A. shlin28's death seems the easiest to explain.

Two men, however, were exempt to this rule and, having kicked shlin in the side multiple times with the hope of ending this eternal noise, had finally lost patience.

After stabbing him in the side several times with their brutal swords, shlin28 finally stopped snoring - for good.

The fact that he was killed by two men indicates that this was done by the imposters.

B. Kommodus's death is a bit more mysterious, but if I had to guess, I'd say I was vigilante-killed. It's possible that someone believed Glenn's supicions of me (perhaps Glenn himself?) If this is the case, that vigilante is going to be really embarrassed at the end of the game; but oh well, I guess that's just the way the axes fall. :skull:

C. The death of Andres appears to be the work of a serial killer-type role. I'm not exactly surprised; one kill per night would make this a long game, even with just 16 players. But this does mean we have another threat out there to contend with.

pevergreen
02-04-2008, 21:27
Mysterious Message?

These are always too hard to work out.

FactionHeir
02-04-2008, 21:55
Wait, so we got 4 deaths in 1 night phase?

Caius - Suicide
Kommodus, Andres, shlin28 - Killed

What is also strange is that Omanes' write up only mentions 2 kills rather than 3. Did someone send in their kills late?

Regarding the killings, Kommodus and Andres were most talkative during the first day and night. So its possible the secret roles (must be 2, since there are 3 kills and imposters can only kill 1, and pro town wouldn't waste a 1 per game ability on N1) did those. I guess part of this is my fault because I suggested we keep Kommodus alive... sorry.

There was something odd with one of the kills though, which was the meat eating part. Note pre-D1 writeup suggests the wisemen eating one of their own possibly unknowingly. D2 writeup suggests they ate Andres who was killed. Whoever killed Andres seems to not be a physical entity since something with air killed him.

Lastly, we got the investigation. Again, I don't know if Omanes changed the abilities, but it seems odd for the pro town investigator to do this on N1 without any leads yet. Maybe this is some auto investigate, maybe the investigator is a new player.

My take on the events.

The Stranger
02-04-2008, 21:58
HAH!!! MY VENGEANCE WAS SWEET!!!

LEARN THAT ANDRES TO OPPOSE ME!!

Andres
02-04-2008, 23:31
HAH!!! MY VENGEANCE WAS SWEET!!!

LEARN THAT ANDRES TO OPPOSE ME!!

A confession, eh?

The Stranger
02-05-2008, 00:11
whatever you want to see in it... slow responder... spuit elf!! :P

Beefy187
02-05-2008, 07:59
"The first night begins, what wrath harkens? Beefy. Results tomorrow."

Thats not very significant is it? Im just curious because it has Beefy in it :sweatdrop:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-05-2008, 08:30
What is also strange is that Omanes' write up only mentions 2 kills rather than 3. Did someone send in their kills late?Sorry - that was my mistake ~:(

Kommodus
02-06-2008, 06:59
Well, it looks like people have forgotten about this game in favor of Capo... nevertheless, I'll volunteer my top suspects at the moment, in no particular order:

Ichigo

He's been very quiet in this game, which is really unlike him. Recent silence can be explained by his participation in Capo, but earlier silences are not so easy to explain.

Beefy187

Well, his name was mentioned in the writeup. However, the "results tomorrow" phrase indicates to me that perhaps we should wait and not lynch him just yet. Then again, for some reason he's seemed a bit fishy to me so far...

Tiberius

There's the matter of his edited post. Then there are certain analytical anomalies that I don't have the time or inclination to discuss here... Holmes is indicating him as a possible suspect. Not particularly strong, though. :juggle2:

Glenn

Really, I'm just suspicious of him for using bad logic to accuse me. Other than that I'd have considered him a likely innocent.

PershsNhpios
02-06-2008, 07:08
I admit neglecting this thread for my involvement in Capo, but also because I have not had a great amount of time to write on the forums, and all that I do spend is usually gone before I get to the end of PMs.

As for this game, I am glad I at least draw the most dismal suspicion from you Kommodus, and you are willing to investigate others also.

Before I continue - shouldn't we be voting by now?

Beefy187
02-06-2008, 07:16
Yea Capo got it us all.. We cant even remember to get voting on this one...

I really dont know why my name showed up in the write up but believe me.. Im innocent!! If I have to be a cold blooded murderer I will shoot him with arrow and quickly bail chanting unholy songs. Cutting Andres apart with wind is not my thing. So tust me im innocent!

pevergreen
02-06-2008, 09:17
I will Vote: Ichigo

He is never this silent.

Lets leave Beefy for tomorrow?

Csargo
02-06-2008, 11:22
I will Vote: Ichigo

He is never this silent.

Lets leave Beefy for tomorrow?

If you haven't noticed I've tweaked my style from my break, and having done so I've tried to cut out the random spamming from before. I've been focusing on Capo more than this but I'm kinda forced to by the fact that it's so large I really have no choice.

I'm not really sure who could possible be a suspect in this game because I haven't really been paying attention to it. I'll have to look through the thread. BRB

Andres
02-06-2008, 11:42
If you haven't noticed I've tweaked my style from my break, and having done so I've tried to cut out the random spamming from before.

That's true. Ichigo doesn't spam mafia threads anymore is less talkative in mafia games nowadays.

Csargo
02-06-2008, 11:44
That's true. Ichigo doesn't spam mafia threads anymore is less talkative in mafia games nowadays.

It's subject to change if my new style isn't too my liking but it'll be a few games before I can really tell the results. I GET NO RESPECT!!!!:bigcry: and I'm constantly ignored:bigcry:

Beefy187
02-06-2008, 11:56
I liked the old Ichigo... That smiles spams was great:yes:

I really dont know who to lynch...

Vote: Abstain

I need more stuff.

taka
02-06-2008, 12:37
im gonna

vote:glenn

his title under his name is: "You're going to get axed." which one of our people indeed did get axe'd

i think he's a bit weird, in the way of language used to compose his posts - i think its a good way for him to hide any mistakes he may possibly make. anyway i think his use of language is strange

he posts "before I continue - shouldn't we be voting by now?" without voting... why didnt you vote? are you waiting to bandwagon?

and also just a gut feeling too

also sorry for the lack of contribution, it was my birthday a few days ago, and we've been doing a few all nighters lol

PershsNhpios
02-06-2008, 13:01
There are many strange, weird people on the internet, Taka.

That's the fun of multiculturalism - but I detest the skeptical, sneering group who consider themselves exempt from judgement.

Back to the game;

No one had voted, to my knowledge, before me and so I asked why nobody was. I had doubts as to wether people like to participate in two large Mafias at once.

If there are plenty willing to do so, then let us.

But I do find it difficult to vote, there isn't a great amount of evidence available on anything - and neither Kommodus or Andres were expected deaths on my part - because I admittedly think they had some connection or mutual feeling.

In defense of myself, as is necessary, I will say that my title, "You're going to get axed", does indeed refer to Mafia.
I refer to being lynched, as being axed.

I used to have a dog named Taka, he died.. I'll be keeping my eye on you.

Ha ha ha ha!

Edit: Damnit, my vote.... I don't want to rush this as otherwise it will simply be random.. I will have one last scan -one more minute!

Vote: Ichigo This may be temporary, but I believe you not only made far more spamming posts, but also many more forensic and sincere posts than you do now, Ichigo.
Either you aren't interested, or you are extremely active behind the scenes.

And you are interested.

Andres
02-06-2008, 13:03
Glenn, you are acting a bit weird :inquisitive:

Paradox
02-06-2008, 14:18
I'd also like to join if possible please.

FactionHeir
02-06-2008, 14:58
vote: Glenn

First he removes the signature piece taka pointed out and then he acts strangely, randomly voting Ichigo.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-06-2008, 17:44
I'd also like to join if possible please.Sorry Fahad I, sign-ups closed quite a while ago.

Thanks for enquiring though.
:bow:

PershsNhpios
02-06-2008, 22:33
No.. No I didn't FactionHeir - It's right there under my name..

Silly billy goat.

Yes, I randomly voted Ichigo with a good reason.

I gave that reason, and you would of suspected me if I hadn't voted, now you suspect me because I did vote.

As for acting strangely, will I be even more suspicious if I do this?

000oooOO0o0oO)o0o0ooo0()o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0oooooooOO00oOO00!

Caeser The III
02-07-2008, 04:05
Vote:taka
I would like to lynch some new skin:martass:

Beefy187
02-07-2008, 10:44
Vote: Ichigo

If hes guilty he'll be deadly

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-08-2008, 15:24
Day II Conclusion
As darkness begun to set in, Ichigo was surprised to have his name called out to be executed.

After the blood and gore that had been left on the ground from The Stranger's lynch, the wisemen chose to use a much simpler and cleaner method - hanging. After the noose was tied around his neck, Ichigo hung for multiple minutes before he died, screaming the entire time he was there.

Night II begins. All orders must be in by 16:30 (GMT) on Saturday the 8th of February.

Tally:
Ichigo - 3 (Glenn, Beefy187, pevergreen)

Glenn - 2 (FactionHeir, taka)

taka - 1 (Ceaser The III)

Alive (11):
Beefy187
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
Glenn
kamikhaan
pevergreen
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire

Lynched (2):
The Stranger
Ichigo

Killed (3):
shlin28
Kommodus
Andres

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius

Andres
02-08-2008, 15:36
Poor Ichigo. What did he do wrong to deserve such a cruel faith?

Kommodus
02-08-2008, 16:12
Poor Ichigo. What did he do wrong to deserve such a cruel faith?

He's still in the "Alive" list... :inquisitive:

Andres
02-08-2008, 16:26
He's still in the "Alive" list... :inquisitive:

Zombichigo? Ichigombie?

Ok, ok, those puns were so incredibly funny, you guys are probably wetting your pants now.

Woehahahaha! :laugh4:

:shame: :creep:

Csargo
02-08-2008, 18:05
I can't say I'm surprised, but I was innocent.

The Stranger
02-08-2008, 20:17
:no:

FactionHeir
02-08-2008, 21:24
Ichigo didn't exactly strike me as suspicious. It seems more like some people wanted to protect Glenn from getting lynched...

Csargo
02-08-2008, 23:55
:no:

:soapbox:

Caeser The III
02-09-2008, 00:54
nevermind

taka
02-09-2008, 02:18

still wanna see his flesh lynched:sneaky:

dude, if you're gonna vote, vote with a reason

i dont mind people voting for me, but thats twice you've voted for me without a reason.

FoS Caeser

even though glenn was acting weird and had that title under his name, it was explained to be for use in capo, so i guess at the moment ill let my suspicions off him.

as for who i will vote, i will wait a bit longer

Beefy187
02-09-2008, 02:38

Correct me if im wrong but its still night phase

PershsNhpios
02-09-2008, 03:10
**** a brick, it's night?

Omanes, what is going on here?
Where are we up to and what are we doing?
I feel sorry for this game.

pevergreen
02-09-2008, 06:10
Night II begins. All orders must be in by 16:30 (GMT) on Saturday the 8th of February.

Not that hard to follow guys...

PershsNhpios
02-09-2008, 06:35
Maybe for Mr. I ate a poisoned meal.

Oh well, I'll wait for Omanes.

taka
02-09-2008, 09:49

someone is overly eager to lynch me, give me reasons or else ill be forced to think you're scummy

PershsNhpios
02-09-2008, 10:04
Very possible, he isn't doing a very good job of proving innocence or suspicion.
So until he does something reasonable and logical, if we are voting;

Vote: Caeser the III

pevergreen
02-09-2008, 12:43
We are not voting....

*sigh*

PershsNhpios
02-09-2008, 13:42
I can't believe it's not butter!

Damn, I withdraw that vote.

Well, I guess this proves I am not involved with night actions, then again it could mean I am saying that to put you off, then again it could mean I forgot to do anything with my role.

Caeser The III
02-09-2008, 17:44
my bad guys, didnt relise its night phase, i withdraw my vote two

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-09-2008, 18:55
Night II Conclusion:
The wisemen were awoken that morning by the sound of thatch falling from the roof. Presumably this was due to the heavy weight the everlasting snow was having on it, although others felt that it may have had more sinister reasons. Regardless, this was dismissed as irrelevant to the case in hand, since two dead bodies, Glenn and Warmaster Horus, has been found lying in spearate areas of the tent.

Before the wisemen could progress with their voting for the lynch, the soothsayers were asked, as on the previous dawn, to look back into the past to reveal the truth about the previous night's occurances.

The stooped figure arose from his pallat for a second time, once again gathering his belongings - a knife, and a rope. A strong gust suddenly blew through the longhouse, and the figure, who was busy climing over sleeping men, fell over, landing upon Glenn. Glenn had the rope tied around his neck and then tightened to an unimaginably tense status.

A few hours later, the stooped figure had consumed his second feast, leaving Glenn's corpse empty of flesh. His skull, however, was taken by the creature and was, henceforth, missing.

Warmaster Horus was fairly old, and suffered from a combination of rheumatism and a very weak heart. The entire group knew that shocking him may trigger a seizure of some sort, and so did the two men who just happened to be wandering around the longhouse that night. Warmaster was abbruptly awoken, and the shock of finding two staring at him from above, resulted in an instanteneous death.

After the soothsayers recalled their findings, one of the wisemen noticed a message carved in the ground on which they were seated:
"Guilty Beefy. Ichigo dead...Bad Choice. Results Kommodus tomorrow."

As with the previous night's message, the wisemen had little idea as to what exactly it meant. Regardless, they continued with the voting anyway, hoping to finally get rid of the scum.

Day III begins! With nine players alive, it take five votes to be placed upon one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes five votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made using the above rules by 17:00 (GMT) on Tuesday 11th of February 2008, then the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (9):
Beefy187
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
pevergreen
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
Xdeathfire

Lynched (2):
The Stranger (D1)
Ichigo (D2)

Killed (5):
shlin28 (N1)
Kommodus (N1)
Andres (N1)
Glenn (N2)
Warmaster Horus (N2)

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius (N1)

taka
02-09-2008, 19:22
assuming the write-up is correct i guess beefy is guilty then.

ichigo does indeed seem to be inncocent here

Glenn - he was killed by "something" and eaten just like andres. we've got some kind of monster upon us guys :S

Warmaster - killed by mafia i assume, since there were two of them

good thing is that it seems our detective is still about, and that he will be giving us a result on kommodus the next night

it also seems maybe one of the vigilant type player(s) is dead, since there was only 2 kills

vote:beefy

because of the apparntly guilty result

last note: 11th is monday right? not thursday

shlin28
02-09-2008, 19:42
Avenge the death of the greatest wiseman ever (me)! KILL BEEFY!

FactionHeir
02-09-2008, 19:52
Hmm looks like the pro town role can investigate every night rather than once per game only. I'm guessing the doctor or other pro town role can do the same then?

As taka pointed out, there was 1 less kill tonight. This means either that we lynched a right guy (or he got killed for that matter) or that role only gets 1 kill every two nights.

As Beefy is guilty (or so we presume), vote: Beefsteak

pevergreen
02-10-2008, 00:32
Vote: Beefy.

PershsNhpios
02-10-2008, 01:10
Well, a little note written by some person, possible the Monster that ate me, tells you that Beefy is guilty.

Surely, there must be nothing wrong with that evidence..

By the way, I'm not dead, you see I actually placed a whole lot of pillows filled with beef steak under my bedcovers and left for Fatlington.

I took my special powers with me to help the town.

Kommodus
02-10-2008, 04:10
Yep, time to take out the imposter Beefy. :evil:

But, erg... how come I'm the one being investigated next? I'm dead, remember? :skull:

FactionHeir
02-10-2008, 12:15
Maybe the pro town had to queue up the investigations in advance?

Caeser The III
02-10-2008, 20:18
Vote:beefy

by the night sequence, you are ovisly(not sure if its spelled correctly) guilty.......

PershsNhpios
02-11-2008, 00:52
I think it is pretty damned clear that Imposter the III is Mafia here, he has made attempts to bandwagon someone for no reason, and goes on the information given about beefy in the post-night action as though he himself wrote it.

Beefy187
02-11-2008, 08:35
So how can I even kill or defend my self when im off at camp?:furious3:

Obviously who ever wrote the message hates me and im going emo.

Assuming that innocent (:smash: ) the person who keeps writing that mysterious message must be a scum or a idiot detective. At least one mafia has played at least one other game of mafia with me. Knows how I get lynched every single game so relatively experienced.

Vote: FH and FoS: Taka

pevergreen
02-11-2008, 10:44
I think it is pretty damned clear that Imposter the III is Mafia here, he has made attempts to bandwagon someone for no reason, and goes on the information given about beefy in the post-night action as though he himself wrote it.
I think Glenn is a pretty cool guy eh, plays all smart and doesnt afraid of anything.

I'd like some results from Kommo. Anything being said, or too busy with CDTC?

beefy is guilty.

Beefy187
02-11-2008, 12:16
Back to good old days of Beefy lynchin huh? You just bandwagon on me just because my name showed up in write up.... Fine.. Ill laugh at all you townies for simply bandwagoning on me at the end of the game. And I shall pay out Pever who didnt trust me once again..

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-14-2008, 09:40
Day III Conclusion
As the sun invisably set behind the barages of snow, Beefy187's name was called out to be lynched. The reasoning was related to the writing found on the floor on the morning.

Beefy187, due to his name, was placed on the fire on a roasting spit - nothing like roast beef it was said. He screamed the entire time as the flames scorched his skin, gradually transforming him into a charred mess.

Night III begins. All orders must be in by 09:30 (GMT) on Friday the 15th of February.

Tally:
Beefy187 - 4 (taka, FactionHeir, Ceaser the III, pevergreen)

Alive (8):
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
kamikhaan
pevergreen
taka
Tiberius of the Drake
Xdeathfire

Lynched (2):
The Stranger (D1)
Ichigo (D2)
Beefy187 (D3)

Killed (5):
shlin28 (N1)
Kommodus (N1)
Andres (N1)
Glenn (N2)
Warmaster Horus (N2)

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius (N1)

Beefy187
02-14-2008, 09:46
Why cant I be roast porked instead?:wall:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-15-2008, 13:59
Night III Conclusion
The wise men were awoken by the roaring of battle cries from outside of the walls. It was clear the attacking foes were becoming frustrated at the hut's immunity due to elfish magic.

As the wisemen gathered around the fire in the centre of the hut, they noticed, as usual, that two inviduals were missing. The soothsayers once again looked back into the past to try and determine how they were murdered.

The stooped creature was terribly hungry. Having once had liking for beef, he chose to consume some of the charred remains of Beefy187 which still were on the spit over the glowing red remains of the fire. After realising that they tasted vile, the stooped figure spat them out across the floor, hiting kamikhaan lightly in side. The creature noticed kamikhaan's flesh and predicted that it would be soft and fresh. The stooped figure advanced upon him and gradually cut off his air supply.

Two hours later, another feast was completed for the figure. The now bare ribs of kamikhaan were stuffed with the blackened remains of Beefy. The head was cleaned out of everything which was origionally contained within it, while the front of the skull was ripped off. This was presumably now being used a mask.

Tiberius of the Drake was awoken by two men moving around his area of the long house. Wondering what was going on, he sat up to get a better view, only to have a throwing spear impaled brutally into his chest.

As Tiberius died, the two men gradually wandered back to their beds, silently celebrating yet another sucessful murder.

All of a sudden, one of the wise men noticed a carving on a small stone to the side of the hut. It said:
"Kommo Innocent. What is the color of night? Next: Xdeathfire. My role does not kill, only writes."

Many were confused by this third message in a row. Regardless of this, the lynch voting began. All of the wise men prayed to the Gods that they would remove an imposter on this day.

Day IV begins! With six players alive, it take four votes to be placed upon one player for a lynch to occur. Likewise it takes four votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made using the above rules by 17:00 (GMT) on Monday 18th of February 2008, then the player with the number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (6):
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
pevergreen
taka
Xdeathfire

Lynched (2):
The Stranger (D1)
Ichigo (D2)
Beefy187 (D3)

Killed (5):
shlin28 (N1)
Kommodus (N1)
Andres (N1)
Glenn (N2)
Warmaster Horus (N2)
Tiberius of the Drake (N3)
kamikhaan (N3)

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius (N1)

FactionHeir
02-15-2008, 16:33
With 6 alive and seemingly both imposters too and at least 1 serial killer, we got a 1/3 chance of lynching an anti-town role and 1/3 chance of lynching a pro town role or townie.

vote: pevergreen

I would expect taka to investigate so randomly more so than pever, I think I am innocent, Xdeathfire is being investigated, and pevergreen seems to fit the equation. Actually, Caeser The III could be scummy too, haven't seen him post much at all.

pevergreen
02-16-2008, 14:08
I am only sure myself and Xdeath should live this phase.

I dont know who. I call for everyone to come and say who they think is suspicious.

Too many inactives.

Caeser The III
02-16-2008, 18:43
sorry all im not that active,very busy lately

same as factionheir said, with all these people dead and no imposters killed or lynched yet and there still is a murderer, maybe, just maybe one of them will be pevergreen or one of the remaining 6 and pever green just seems to fit the equotion(spelled right?), like faction said

Caius
02-16-2008, 18:54
I'd say that everyone can be mafia. Thats all.

pevergreen
02-17-2008, 05:00
I smell a bandwagon.

No good reason to be voting me.

This isnt round 1 guys.

FoS: CT3 and Factionheir

Vote: CT3
Shameless bandwagon this far into game is not a good thing.

pevergreen
02-18-2008, 09:01
No one is posting?

I call for wogs. Or game closure.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-18-2008, 17:31
Due to low levels of activity from a few players, this round will be extended for twenty-four hours in the hope of generating a larger number of votes.

pevergreen
02-19-2008, 04:46
Please PM the players Omanes.

FactionHeir
02-19-2008, 10:50
Nice try mafioso. Trying to save your hide by having people vote someone else, eh?

pevergreen
02-19-2008, 12:14
Im pro town. That much I can say. Wheres the evidence against me.

FactionHeir
02-19-2008, 13:30
Im pro town. That much I can say. Wheres the evidence against me.

So why should I believe that you are pro town? Any evidence you got to back that up?

As for evidence against you:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1834110&postcount=180

pevergreen
02-20-2008, 08:17
Yup. Your evidence is that you think taka would investigate more randomly, that makes me guilty. Ive never been a detective.

Unvote: CT3, Vote: Factionheir

Your logic and reasoning fails.

FactionHeir
02-20-2008, 09:46
Your vote comes a bit late. The day period has ended some 15 hours ago.

pevergreen
02-20-2008, 10:40
With no increase in activity by players.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-20-2008, 14:00
Day Phase IV Conclusion
pevergreen's name was announced as the individual who would suffer the lynch.

After a long discussion, the wisemen chose to place him in a pot of water. It would have been ok for pevergreen if the water was a little cooler, but it was deliberately designed to be boiling, giving the victim excruciating pain as his flesh was slowly boiled away. pevergreen screamed for half an hour as this happened, and when his body was removed from the pot, burns covered his entire corpse.

The wisemen went to sleep that night, hoping that the threat had been obliterated through pevergreen's death.

Night IV begins. All orders must be in by 16:30 (GMT) on Thursday the 21st of February.

Tally:
pevergreen - 2 (FactionHeir, Ceaser the III)

FactionHeir - 1 (pevergreen)

Alive (4):
Caeser The III
FactionHeir
taka
Xdeathfire

Lynched (4):
The Stranger (D1)
Ichigo (D2)
Beefy187 (D3)
pevergreen (D4)

Killed (5):
shlin28 (N1)
Kommodus (N1)
Andres (N1)
Glenn (N2)
Warmaster Horus (N2)
Tiberius of the Drake (N3)
kamikhaan (N3)

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius (N1)

pevergreen
02-20-2008, 23:32
Good job. Enjoy your lack of information now.

Rune writing is over, game is dead. game died days ago.

PershsNhpios
02-21-2008, 09:57
Yay! I was right! Caesar The Neanderthal Imposter is Mafia!

My instincts are just marvellous, they are!

Csargo
02-21-2008, 10:14
Yay! I was right! Caesar The Neanderthal Imposter is Mafia!

My instincts are just marvellous, they are!

If you throw enough rocks you're bound to hit something ~;)

With 6 alive and seemingly both imposters too and at least 1 serial killer, we got a 1/3 chance of lynching an anti-town role and 1/3 chance of lynching a pro town role or townie.

vote: pevergreen

I would expect taka to investigate so randomly more so than pever, I think I am innocent, Xdeathfire is being investigated, and pevergreen seems to fit the equation. Actually, Caeser The III could be scummy too, haven't seen him post much at all.

It's FactionHeir

FactionHeir
02-21-2008, 12:06
It's FactionHeir

So if you give your analysis of remaining players you always need to call yourself guilty to be innocent now or what?

Andres
02-21-2008, 12:10
So if you give your analysis of remaining players you always need to call yourself guilty to be innocent now or what?

I think Ichigo's point is that if you are truly innocent, you would have said "I'm innocent" instead of "I think I am innocent."

Why the uncertainty over your own innocence FactionHeir?

FactionHeir
02-21-2008, 12:21
Its called sarcasm. No one would say "I am guilty" when analyzing the game unless they are asking to be lynched as in Joker Mafia.

Beefy187
02-22-2008, 06:40
Its called sarcasm. No one would say "I am guilty" when analyzing the game unless they are asking to be lynched as in Joker Mafia.

GAH!!

For once.. no body bothered to lynch me in that game :no:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-22-2008, 17:16
Night IV Conclusion
taka was sleeping nice and peacefully. He was not anticipating being awaken two men possessing a knife hanging over him, but this was how he was awoken, anyhow. taka began to scream, but the two men had already swung the knife down, and taka was slowly bleeding to death.

Elsewhere Xdeathfire, was awoken by the sound of taka's scream and chose to see what was going on. Before he could even set foot out of his "bed", however, a sword mercilessly pieced his heart. Followed by the sound of perverse laughter from the killer at his success.

FactionHeir and Caeser the III, now the only ones alive, opened the longhouse door and walked outside, taking the wisemen's entire food stock with them. Gleefully taking pleasure in the removal of their foes.

Alive (2):
Caeser The III (Surviving Winner - Imposter)
FactionHeir (Surviving Winner - Imposter)

Lynched (4):The Stranger (Lynched D1 - Voteless Wiseman)
Ichigo (Lynched D2 - Wiseman)
Beefy187 (Lynched D3 - Wiseman)
pevergreen (Lynched D4 - Psychopathic Cannibalistic Rune Carver)

Killed (5):
shlin28 (Murdered by the Imposters N1 - Wiseman)
Kommodus (Murdered by Glenn N1 - Wiseman)
Andres (Murdered by pevergreen N1 - Wiseman)
Glenn (Murdered by pevergreen N2 - Elf with the ability to kill once and investigate three times)
Warmaster Horus (Murdered by the Imposters N2 - Wiseman)
Tiberius of the Drake (Murdered by the Imposters N3 - Wiseman)
kamikhaan (Murdered by pevergeen N3 - Wiseman)
taka (Murdered by the Imposters N4 - Elf with the ability to kill once and protect three times)
Xdeathfire (Murdered by the Imposters N4 - Wiseman)

Commited Suicide (1)
Caius (Committed Sucide N1 - Easily Influenced Wiseman)

The Imposters gained a majority. This has resulted in an Imposter Victory :bow:

Secret Role Details:
Elves, Imposters and Wisemen have been explained already, so there is no need to repeat a description on them.

An Easily Influenced Wiseman (Caius) could only vote if his vote would result in that player being lynched through having the specified number of votes. The idea was that this player would appear suspicious for doing this, even though he was actually an innocent player.

The Voteless Wiseman (The Stranger) was simply a wiseman who could discuss who should be lynched, although simply could not vote in any shape or form. As before, the idea was to make the player who was not voting seem neutral, and have a lot of suspicion focused on him. I was rather pleased when the random selection process picked The Stranger out - normally a fairly outspoken player.

The Psychopathic Cannibalistic Rune Carver (pevergreen) was a serial killer with a twist - he had the ability to carve a message for other players to read at the beginning of each morning. This power was used very well by pevergreen who managed to successfully manipulate the town at times.

Night by Night Actions
Night I
Glenn killed Kommodus
pevergreen killed Andres
Caesar the III and FactionHeir killed shlin28
taka chose not to act.

Night II
pevergreen killed Glenn
Caesar the III and FactionHeir killed Warmaster Horus
taka protected Beefy187.

Night III
pevergreen killed kamikhaan
Caesar the III and FactionHeir killed Tiberius of the Drake
taka chose not to act

Night IV
Caesar the III and FactionHeir killed taka resulting in them gaining a majority.

Thank you for playing ~:)

Caius
02-22-2008, 20:42
I knew FH was mafia.

FactionHeir
02-22-2008, 21:30
Well, why didn't you say something :laugh4:

Caius
02-22-2008, 21:33
Who believes a blind person?

FactionHeir
02-22-2008, 21:45
Another blind person.

Csargo
02-22-2008, 23:15
~;)

Caeser The III
02-22-2008, 23:30
:2thumbsup:, wow, suprised i went the whole game, i sounded scummy the whole time, im sure everyone knew this

pevergreen
02-23-2008, 03:09
It was obvious, no one voted though. if the others were active, you would have lost.

GG

Beefy187
02-23-2008, 04:11
Or if you didnt lynch the active players just because someone wrote their name on the wall..:sweatdrop:

GG

PershsNhpios
02-24-2008, 03:41
I think the problem was that everyone was too occupied with Capo II.
Probably even Omanes himself.

I knew I made the wrong decision on Kommodus the very moment he responded to his death.
Ah well, that will teach him to vote for new people.
And use, "Holmes", in Capo II as a Made Gangster!

I am sorry I wasn't so dedicated to this game, Omanes, I very much liked the theme.
Thank you.

Caius
02-24-2008, 03:47
I had to go in holidays, and Omanes suicided me. But, oh well.