PDA

View Full Version : Creatures, Beasts and other such things

Raz
01-25-2008, 03:44
This has probably already been brought up a few times, but how will they be implemented? I'm talking about things such as Greater Daemons of Chaos and the Hydra and Black dragons of the Dark Elves.

Sorry if this is all explained elsewhere.

Underway
01-25-2008, 03:53
Flying things are not really possible from what I understand. Hydra's would be difficult as they would require a completely new skeleton.

Greater Deamons would just be like a Giant with a different skin.

Taranaich
01-25-2008, 18:14
I've always wondered if it would be possible for creatures to be used as rams. I know some RTW mods have enabled elephants to headbutt wooden doors and walls down, that would be an ideal ability for big brutes like Trolls, Kroxigors, Rat Ogres and the like.

Maybe even larger monsters like Giants, Stegadons, and Greater Daemons could break down stone walls, but I'm not sure if the engine allows melee attacks against stone walls. Would be awesome having a Stegadon crashing through a castle wall. :wall:

Dogman55
01-26-2008, 04:47
I've always wondered if it would be possible for creatures to be used as rams. I know some RTW mods have enabled elephants to headbutt wooden doors and walls down, that would be an ideal ability for big brutes like Trolls, Kroxigors, Rat Ogres and the like.

Maybe even larger monsters like Giants, Stegadons, and Greater Daemons could break down stone walls, but I'm not sure if the engine allows melee attacks against stone walls. Would be awesome having a Stegadon crashing through a castle wall. :wall:

You got that right! Don't think it's possible though. And I don't think it's a mod to enable elephants to break down a gate, I think it was in the game originally.

WereVrock
01-28-2008, 12:41
Flying things are not really possible from what I understand.

There are birds in the battlefield is it possible to use them to create flying units?

eggthief
03-30-2008, 21:03
You got that right! Don't think it's possible though. And I don't think it's a mod to enable elephants to break down a gate, I think it was in the game originally.

It was meant to be that way I think, but IIRC it was bugged in vanilla and didnt worked.

uanime5
04-08-2008, 09:12
In RTR they managed to mod it so that elephants could knock down wall (that was a shock the first time I found this out).

fireblade
04-08-2008, 17:23
In RTR they managed to mod it so that elephants could knock down wall (that was a shock the first time I found this out).

In RTW vanilla it was also possible to knock down walls with elephants, so it is not a real surprise to see that option with RTR.