PDA

View Full Version : Modification Export_Units: Read most hidden unit stats in game

Ymarsakar
01-27-2008, 01:36
Megashare download link (http://www.MegaShare.com/347371)

I liked how the Recruitment Viewer for EB shows you those little details concerning your units. Such things as morale level, number of javelins, secondary weapons, and so forth. Unless you can remember all the details of the numerous Units in EB just by reading it once, you might like to be able to get such information in game without having to alt tab or do something else.

For my own convenience, I started editing the export unit file in the data/text folder. Currently, I've finished several hellenistic and Eastern units, with emphasis on horse archers and archers.

The unit description in game should now give you the arrow range, number of arrows, secondary weapon characteristics, what type of morale and what level morale.

Essentially, it will look like this when you right click or double click the unit in campaign/battle map.

Klerouchon Agema (Ptolemaic Elite Phalanx)

Secondary 10 .13
Disciplined 14
Can Form Phalanx

The most numerous of the Klerouchon Agemata were the pikemen, who were often of very high quality. They carry standard equipment for pikemen, much the same as the Pezhetairoi, but are often of higher quality. The Klerouchoi are able, due to their status as lords of small estates, to devote a considerable amount of time to military training. They are best used like their Argyraspidai counterparts, to hold the most crucial portion of a line. They are great phalanx infantry, well able to hold against most opponents. If they have a weakness, it is the classic weakness of pikemen: flanking attacks.\n\nHistorically, the Klerouchon Agema formed the nucleus, together with the Galatai, of any Ptolemaic army. Since they had peasants to work their estates, unlike the Pezhetairoi, they could assemble at any time during they year and not have to worry about the management of their estate (due to compensations from the rich Ptolemaic government). They were almost always held in somewhat of a reserve, because the Ptolemaic kings did not want them to be badly mauled in any battle. This was due to the ever-present danger of native revolts within Aigyptos itself. They were dissolved during the Roman occupation, but many joined new legions being raised in Aigyptos.

Paya Hinam Dunai Purma (Subeshi Archers))

Arrow Range 198 ammo 35
Normal 8 untrained
Sapping Ability

These Subeshi Archers are foot bowmen. Wearing a felt helmet, leather leggings and a thick sheepskin coat with the wool turned inside, they also carry a recurved composite bow in a leather case and arrows with wooden, bone, bronze and iron tips. The bows they carry are a larger version of the Scythian recurved composite bow, enabling them to outrange, outshoot and outpower steppe nomad horse archers, making these foot bowmen the ideal counter to horse archers in a stationary exchange of missiles with the latter. However, despite their advantages in returning fire from the ground, they are extremely vulnerable to heavy infantry and cavalry charges and are suited to harassment and support roles as at close quarters they merely wield a short sword, the akinakes of Scythian origin.\n\nHistorically, the people of a state known in Han times as the "Gushi" - which is now considered most likely to be a state in the Turfan oasis to the northeast of the Tarim, were described as a semi-nomadic people. Though they lived in tents and searched for pastures they still had considerable knowledge of agriculture. It was also said that these people owned cattle, horses, camels, sheep and goats. Interestingly, they were said to have also been proficient with bows and arrows and were noted for harassing travelers who happened to take the northern Silk Route from the kingdom of Loulan in the eastern Tarim through the oases south of the Tianshan. This serves as testimony to their semi-nomadic nature and these archers who hail from Subeshi, a place most likely to have been controlled by the Gushi, are representative of these skilled semi-nomadic archer warriors.

Some of the unit traits in the text file are inaccurate, in that it might say a unit is Hardy but if you look at the Abilities at a Glance portion, it won't list them as having good or very good stamina. That's how the text file was originally, I didn't usually change that part. I just added in the additional details that people might want to know when glancing at their units.

Knowing the range and ammo count of foot archers is also nice for comparing and contrasting. It helps you make a more informed choice in campaign map, instead of having to guess how a unit will perform in battle just based off your memory.

If you wish to use my file in your game, which is save game compatible, then just extract the file from the rar to the EB/data/text folder.

Maksimus
01-27-2008, 08:24
Very nice :yes:

Danzifuge
02-14-2008, 15:02
i get error... cannot find desription hellenistic cavalry: generals bodyguard 3. something to that effect.

Ymarsakar
02-22-2008, 01:55
If you have changed your EDU file or a mod has done it to add a new unit, then this shouldn't work for you.

For whatever reason, the game can't find a description for one of its units.

Danzifuge
02-23-2008, 05:39
If you have changed your EDU file or a mod has done it to add a new unit, then this shouldn't work for you.

For whatever reason, the game can't find a description for one of its units.
ok thanks

Ymarsakar
02-24-2008, 00:19
It might be possible to add in the missing descriptions through editing the text file for the units. But I don't know whether this would be feasible or not, as I don't add in descriptions for new units, I simply change them for existing units under EB.