PDA

View Full Version : Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum)

konny
01-27-2008, 15:09
I have made some changes to the trait file, if you like:

http://www.2shared.com/file/2772283/eb0f05f1/export_VnVs.html

The file export_descr_character_traits is to be placed in the data folder of your EB copy. The file export_vnvs in the text folder (optional. it has the changed descriptions).

Not to be used with saved games!
-----------------------------------------------

Changes:

1. Added a command star to every level of combat experience (blooded 1 command, veteran 2 command, grizzeld 3 command, STHE 4 command)

2. Removed the command penality from all leves of the "lover of beatuy" trait.

Now characters have a fair chance to gain, and hold, command stars by fighting battles. This effects in most of the times one or two command stars because it is rare that a single character will command much more than five battles in his live, unless you are blitzing the map, or are at war with a hughe empire and have one character for some reason fight all battles.

It also makes it more likely for senior officers to command armies, because command stars from other traits are more often gained by sitting around in a town (for example with a "temple of war") than by fighting battles (see below).

The "lover of beatuy" trait is responsible for most the command stars beeing lost again after some time. That makes it impossible for a character to keep his stars without beeing at war all the time.

3. Changes to the cursus honorum: Raised both the requirements and the chances to be elected.

4. Changed effects of some offices

This is only of importance when you are playing the Romani faction. I have raised significantly the chance to be eleceted to an office. To prevent spamming of praetors and consuls I had also raised the requirements, that is the number of laurels to be have and added management scrolls as requirement for the offices below the consul (quaestor 1, aedil 2, praetor 3). The 1 command star as a must have for a consul remained, while to be re-elected consul the character now needs 2 command.

The 3 influence penality of the "Plebeivs" trait had been removed. In addition a +1 Influence was added to the "Patricivs" trait (a settlement was more likely to rebell under a Plebian governor than under a Patrician one with this penality). Plebeians and Patricians still have different chances to be elected. That should ensure nobile Patricians, like the Cornelii Scipio, to make the cursus honorum without much problems, provided they have at least some mamangement skills and commanded at least one battle (for example a minor skirmish as military tribune or a border battle as provincial praetor) without starting to drink themselves to death thereafter.

I have also removed the turn requirement to the "Senatore" trait, so you'll have Senators right from the start.

Some effects of the offices had been changed to (what I think, and what must not be correct) fits the office more. For example, the Plebeian Tribune now has -1 personal security instead of a +1. Even though he was sacrosant it was more likely to be lynched beeing a Plebeian Tribune than beeing a Praetor. And such changes the like.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Some conceptual ideas "on the way to the Forum":

I have a lot of "green" characters that gain the "good leader", and the like, trait without taking part in any battle but sitting around as governor. On the other hand, I am missing positive effects of battles won on the characters that are actually leading my armies.

That means that either the chain of "inter-traits" between the battle and the command star is broken somewhere, that is one of these traits is not triggered as intended, or that at one point, or at all, a unrealistic high number of battles and/or unrealistic bad odds are required.

Another thing are the effects of the command traits: We have the "good tactican", the "good strategican" and the "good leader". All three give command stars. It might be better (according to Clausewitz ;-.) to have command stars from the "good tactican" only, moral boni from the "good leader" and campaign map boni (movement, foraging, LOS etc) from the "good strategican". These always triggered from the circumstances and outcome of the battle and the experince and talents of the character. That is much the same as it is now, but on a "shorter way" and with lesser chances to characters that do not fight to improve in that direction.

The conceptual idea is to trigger

- the "good tactican" from battles won in particular against odds and when beeing the attacker. Characters that are energetic and have combat experince are more likely to advandce in this trait

- the "good strategican" from battles won in particular with odds and when beeing the defender. Characters that are intelligent and have a good management ranking are more likely to advandce in this trait

- the "good leader" from decisive victories (crushing or heroic). Characters that are charismatic and have a good influence ranking are more likely to advandce in this trait

And only from at least medium size battles (would be 1,600 men on hughe settings) to prevent spamming of good tratis by crushing "1x Velites"-Brigand armies with full stacks of Marian Legionairs.

--------------------------------------------------

For the cursus honorum the conceptual idea is to make it more likely for characters to advandce in office when their fathers are high ranking magistrates (may be, 100% to become Quaestor when father has the trait "consular"). This would add the important nepotism to the offices by trait.

Mouzafphaerre
01-27-2008, 17:37
Custom stickied (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?do=personalsticky&t=98407). ~:)

johnhughthom
01-28-2008, 07:20
This looks really good konny, and I was just thinking about starting a new Romani campaign. :2thumbsup:

konny
01-28-2008, 12:37
In this case I would recommend this mini-mod. I had even the rare event of two Consuls beeing elected in one year (Balsio and Asina). Later in the game it might happen that three or more Consuls are elected when you have a lot of able characters in the right age. But that's nothing that a march on Rome and a refreshing civil war can't settle.

The nepotism isn't part of this file. I had the idea after uploading it.

would be something like this:

Trigger Father_Is_Consul_Quaestor
WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FactionType seleucid
and FatherTrait notConsul > 0
and Trait Season = 1
and Trait TurnsAlive > 2
and Trait Quaestor < 1
and Trait notQuaestor < 1

Affects Quaestor 1 Chance 100

---------------------------------------------------------

Trigger Father_Is_Consul_Aedile

and Trait Season = 1
and Trait Patrician = 1
and Trait TurnsAlive > 2
and Trait notQuaestor > 0
and Trait Aedile < 1
and Trait notAedile < 1

Affects Aedile 1 Chance 50

------------------------------------------------------------

Trigger Father_Is_Consul_PlebeianAedile

and Trait Season = 1
and Trait Plebeian = 1
and Trait TurnsAlive > 2
and Trait notQuaestor > 0
and Trait PlebeianAedile < 1
and Trait notPlebeianAedile < 1

Affects PlebeianAedile 1 Chance 50

schlappi
02-25-2008, 12:00
Does this mean the romani AI will perform better due to the higher command abilities of their characters?

konny
02-25-2008, 14:41
The command stars are not only triggered for the Romans, but for every faction - AI and human alike. The changes to the cursus honorum are, of course, only for the Romans, but won't change the preformance of the faction if run by the AI. They are first of all for human roleplaying of that faction.

TWFanatic
02-25-2008, 16:15
I will certainly download this and have me a look around the file. :yes:

Good work! :2thumbsup:

EDIT: How do I download the file? I clicked on everything that might lead me to the download but to no avail. :no:

konny
02-25-2008, 17:06
EDIT: How do I download the file? I clicked on everything that might lead me to the download but to no avail. :no:

It's under "File URL"

"Save file to your PC: click here"

TWFanatic
02-27-2008, 17:33
Thanks, downloading right now.

overweightninja
05-27-2008, 14:01
Hi Konny, had to reinstall EB and starting a new Romani campaign so I went to download your work again yesterday (hurah for custom stickies) but unfortunately it appears to have been removed :(

"The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search"

Any chance you could upload again or failing that just e-mail or something please? And if so will it include the changes made to the traits file in the fixes section?
Cheers mate

konny
05-27-2008, 15:13
I don't know why it has been removed, because I didn't do so. But this is for EB 1.0, so don't use it with the acutal EB 1.1 release. Unfortuantly I didn't found the time to make a 1.1 version of it.

overweightninja
05-27-2008, 15:38
Shame, well cheers for quick response anyway, I'll just crack on with your allies mod then :2thumbsup:
Cheers again

||Lz3||
05-29-2008, 05:52
are you planing to do a 1.1 version?

konny
05-29-2008, 09:51
Not planned now.

||Lz3||
05-30-2008, 03:21
aww thats a shame... It seems it's a great minimod ,it would benefit my romani campaing a lot... :embarassed:

well...If you ever make a version for 1.1 I'll be more than happy :2thumbsup:

QuintusSertorius
05-30-2008, 09:33
If a version comes out for 1.1, that will be the time when I start a new, fully bug-fixed, optimised scripted and otherwise dandy M/M Roman game. Where I'll be adding money to the Rebels properly.

||Lz3||
06-02-2008, 16:22
would it help if I told you that if you make an update for all of us roman players I'll gladly become a Konny worshiper:laugh4:

seriously we're begging you :yes:

c'mon konny

(let me know if you read this :p )

or at least how can I do it myself? (I dont think I'll be able though :P )

Medical Toaster
06-06-2008, 00:07
I have made these changes myself in my 1.1 game. The changes are pretty easy to make for yourself. Make sure you use a good test editor (I use textpad but as long as you don't use windows notepad it will work.) Download Konny's mod and open up the export_descr_character_traits file. Then open your 1.1 version in another window. Search for blooded. Copy the section with these traits up to seen the elephant. Paste over the same section in the EB vanilla file. Repeat for lover of beauty, patrician/plebian and senate offices (I did these one at a time in case they added to the section in the new version of eb.) Just make sure the formating looks the same and back up your files first because if it is wrong at all EB will not work.

After the trait file is changed; change the export_VnVs file in the text folder the same way. As long as you copy and paste correctly (copy the spaces and the text in each block) it will work.

Good luck

||Lz3||
06-06-2008, 04:57
I'm afraid konny's link is dead :shifty:

could you please upload your files?:sweatdrop:

If you do I'll construct a monument for you my friend :medievalcheers:

Medical Toaster
06-06-2008, 14:38
I will make a new file for you that uses the current EDCT that fixes client rulers for the new streamlined script. Since you have to start a new campaign I figure if I post this it should be completely up to date. Also I think it is only proper I ask for Konny's permission to update his work in case he has an advanced version in the works or otherwise disagrees. So as soon as I get Konny's go ahead I will post a 1.1 version of his traits fix.

konny
06-06-2008, 15:04
Yes, do as you like. It should be safe to copy all changed lines from the 1.0 version over into the 1.1 because none of these traits did cause any trouble or underwent a major change from 1.0 to 1.1 (I think the changes of the CH traits are all already in this mini-mod).

I had planned to make new triggers and effects for the tactical/strategical/leadership traits but unfortuantly didn't found the time so far.

||Lz3||
06-06-2008, 15:55
I dont mind doing it manually either way :2thumbsup:

I've spent a lot of time making a lot of mini mods compatible that I've spent hours in the codes alredy :laugh4:

thanks a lot :medievalcheers:

Medical Toaster
06-06-2008, 16:07
I'll have the changes posted sometime tonight. Its working time in the USA. :whip:

Medical Toaster
06-06-2008, 20:37
I unfortunately seem to have deleted Konny's original files when I was cleaning out my folder the other day. As I have made my own changes to the Cursus Honorum I am not comfortable posting these as an update of Konny's mod. I have made all of the changes to the command stars (command experience stars and removal of the lover of beauty penalties) as well as the patrician/plebeian influence changes.

I have posted what I have done at http://hosted.filefront.com/MedToast/

When the server that is holding Konny's original comes back on line I will make the full corrections for EB 1.1 with all current patches.

Maion Maroneios
06-07-2008, 13:24
I'm eagerly waiting for the 1.1 version of this great mod!

Medical Toaster
06-07-2008, 13:56
If anyone can post the original files I can make a complete version for 1.1 in about five minutes. I've made my own about ten times (I originally used notepad so it kept CTDing on me and I couldn't figure it out.)

||Lz3||
06-07-2008, 17:14
I'm afraid we need konny for the original files...

well...we'll have to wait..:shifty:

konny
06-07-2008, 17:37
I am sorry, I don't have the old version anymore either. I had so many versions of EDCT floating around on my hardrive that I had accidently deleted this one.

||Lz3||
06-07-2008, 17:56
umm that's bad , don't you have any em updated version of it?:huh2:

@ medical toaster I can't see any changes in your character trait file
It's just that I cant afford to overwrite the whole file anymore ,I have so many minimods alredy that I need to do all of these things manually
where did you placed the changes?:sweatdrop:

Medical Toaster
06-07-2008, 17:57
Konny,

If you get a chance just post what you remember for the individual steps for the cursus honorum and I will encode it for everyone. I know that this is nearly the work of putting it in the file but it is a little easier than getting all the formating down so that it works. I think the changes to the bonuses is of most interest as the EB 1.1 election results seem to be working pretty well (at least in my current campaign.) I do remember that for all of the ex-traits you went with influence bonuses only (except for military tribune.)

Thanks

Medical Toaster
06-07-2008, 18:08
Search the trait file for blooded. You will see the extra line after each trait with a command +1 etc... up to +4 for seen the elephant. Then search for lover and you will eventually come to the lover of beauty traits (aesthetic is their actual name I think.) These have the command penalties removed. Finally search for patrician until you come to the patrician plebian traits. These have an adjustment to the influence. Repeat for the text file vnvs or whatever. I do not know what changes were implemented for the team for the client ruler with the streamlined script are so it may be easier for you to take the changes you have made and move them to my file instead of the other way around.

Good luck.

P.S. I am off to a wedding so if you have problems I will be back online in 4 or 5 hours unless the bridesmaids are cute.

||Lz3||
06-07-2008, 18:19
thanks! I don't know why winmerge failed me this time...:shifty:

have fun in the wedding! :medievalcheers: :2thumbsup:

konny
06-07-2008, 20:27
Every step gave one point in influence, so the next step would require two points more - otherwise one would be promoted to easy.

From the first post: "and added management scrolls as requirement for the offices below the consul (quaestor 1, aedil 2, praetor 3)." That turned out to be of no real impact because most of characters have 4, 5 or more management.

- Quaestor gave +1 management
- Aedile gave -1 squalor (I think)
- Praetor unchanged
- Consul unchanged
- Censor gave -10% construction (not sure if that was already in the published version)
- Tribune of the People was -1 unrest

But that is not so important because they hold the office for just four turns. The most important part is realy the one with the command stars because it will result in much more characters beeing elected Consul - otherwise the cursus usualy ends with Praetor for most of the charatcers.

Medical Toaster
06-08-2008, 04:16
Thanks Konny. The full version for 1.1 with all EB bugfixes included will be posted within 24 hours.

||Lz3||
06-08-2008, 23:13
perhaps it's me but I cant see this thread in the EB unofficial modding projects... I entered here by my navigation history :huh2:

edit: interesting...when I unstickied this thread it was visible again... :gah:

Medical Toaster
06-10-2008, 15:46
The complete mod is now posted at http://hosted.filefront.com/MedToast/

This uses the latest EB trait and Export VnVs file. All the changes to the requirements and the bonuses to the Cursus Honorum mentioned in the tread are included. The chances for election are also boosted slightly from the vanilla EB files. The combination of higher requirements and and easier election chances should ensure deserving candidates progress through the ranks while low influence candidates end up stuck in the progression.

Minimum Requirements:

Quaestor: 1 Management, 2 Influence
Aedile: 2 Management, 4 Influence
Plebeian Tribune: 4 Influence
Praetor:3 Management, 6 Influence
Consul: 8 Influence, 1 Command
Re-elected Consul: 8 Influence, 2 Command

Election chances are boosted for these positions.

Censor and Pontifex Maximus requirements were unchanged.

I tested these files for 8 turns or so (two election seasons) with no CTDs. Remember this is not save compatible and that you should delete map.rwm in both the world/map/base and sp game edu backup if you use the trivial script.

If you notice any typos in the descriptions or you suddenly have ten consuls by 240BC please report here so that changes can be made for either EB 1.2 or if they have a fix for the trait file again.

Thanks.

Timoleon
06-12-2008, 10:28
Thank you Medical Toaster!

Two questions:
It is save-game incompatible, right?
Apart from the Cursus Honorum changes, does it include the command stars and "lover of beauty" changes too?

QuintusSertorius
06-12-2008, 11:04
No, categorically not saved-game compatible.

Medical Toaster
06-12-2008, 14:04
Yes, the latest file does contain the lover of beauty and command star changes. Make sure you use the files packed as Trait Mod11 for the full package.

QuintusSertorius
06-17-2008, 14:36
Are the files post- the traits fix for 1.1?

Medical Toaster
06-17-2008, 15:49
The trait file I used comes from the fix entitled Client ruler potential fix. It is the latest update of the trait file available as of today. I don't know if the client ruler fix or the new script is entirely effective as I have only used it for about 20 turns in testing that the elections are bug free. I have a campaign at around 170 BC that I am working on so I can't use these files yet.

||Lz3||
06-17-2008, 17:17
well I tested it and the impostor thing isnt a problem anymore, but last week I had my final exams so... I was quite busy and I could actually start a campaign... the only thing is that I rarely got any elected FMs :huh2: perhaps they didn't fullfilled the requirement , but fpor examle I was expecting dentatus to become a 2nd time consul

Medical Toaster
06-17-2008, 17:35
I think it may be difficult for Denatus to become a second time consul since the script will not know if it has been ten years since his last election. I am at work so I can't check the script but that maybe the limitation. I posted the requirements above so check if your guys match up. With the change to plebeian and patrician influence it should be easy for these guys (they are all smart/charismatic/vigorous) to move up the ranks. I boosted the chances for election by 5-10% for each office so you should have a better chance once they reach the requirements. Command stars are only required for consul and all you need is one battle to get a star with the changes made so that is not likely a problem. It may just seem like the offices are coming slow with the whole watched pot syndrome. I think if the changes haven't caused a CTD they are not likely to stop the elections. Keep me posted.

Olimpian
06-17-2008, 22:12
I have made these changes myself in my 1.1 game. The changes are pretty easy to make for yourself. Make sure you use a good test editor (I use textpad but as long as you don't use windows notepad it will work.) Download Konny's mod and open up the export_descr_character_traits file. Then open your 1.1 version in another window. Search for blooded. Copy the section with these traits up to seen the elephant. Paste over the same section in the EB vanilla file. Repeat for lover of beauty, patrician/plebian and senate offices (I did these one at a time in case they added to the section in the new version of eb.) Just make sure the formating looks the same and back up your files first because if it is wrong at all EB will not work.

After the trait file is changed; change the export_VnVs file in the text folder the same way. As long as you copy and paste correctly (copy the spaces and the text in each block) it will work.

Good luck

I did exactly as you said,manually making the changes related to command stars(lover of beauty and blooded,veteran,etc... ) but I get a CTD when I try to start a campaign.I'm pretty sure I did everything right...I have to do it all by hand because I have already altered the export_descr_character_traits file(it works fine before I implemet these new changes).Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

EDIT: http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/d837523fb0_6.59MB http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/89848dd2cb_2.75MB
Here's the export_descr_character_traits and export_VnVs files AFTER I made these changes...maybe you could chek if I screwed something up.Would apreciate it much...

Medical Toaster
06-18-2008, 00:17
I will look through your files. Did you erase your map.rwm file in the in the data/world/maps/base folder and the sp edu game backup folder? That can also cause a CTD in my experience. What did you use as a text editor?

Medical Toaster
06-18-2008, 00:39
Looking through your trait file I notice that you are missing the changes to the election triggers for the senate offices and the senate office bonus changes. Are you using the latest version of the files (trait mod 11)(see post? What I did see for changes in the lover of beauty and blooded etc... looks fine to me. You also do not have the changes for patrician and plebeian traits. If you are just going for the command star changes than it all looks good to me. This mod is not save compatible so if you are trying it with an old save that will not work. If you keep on having trouble after deleting both map.rwm, using a good text editor, not using an old save then I would try make one change at a time and see where it is causing the crash.

Medical Toaster
06-18-2008, 00:50
I just tried your files after deleting map.rwm and it did not work. If I were you I would try again as somewhere something went wrong in the copy paste operation that I am not seeing. My only other guess is something happened with your text editor where it may have saved in the wrong format as notepad does. When you try again just do the command star mods first. If that works go from there. If it doesn't then the text editor (either you or the software) is the culprit.

Medical Toaster
06-18-2008, 01:03
Is the only other mod you have done to your trait file the spoils of victory mod? I could try to combine the two files if you still can't get it to work.

||Lz3||
06-18-2008, 05:31
it shouldn't be that hard... I did it myself but... I decided not to use spoils since I dont want to add anything elso to the ebbs scrip, you know...AI turns...

Olimpian
06-18-2008, 08:07
Is the only other mod you have done to your trait file the spoils of victory mod? I could try to combine the two files if you still can't get it to work.

Yes,I cheked and the only mod I have that affects the tarits file is SoV.I guess the only thing I am doing wrong is usind notepad to make those changes.It would be great if you could merge the SoV traits file with yours;I'm only interested in the command stars related traits,but might as well get all the changes.So,yes, please, make my work a whole lot easier and merge them together.

Olimpian
06-18-2008, 09:43
Ok,I cracked it.It seems notepad was undermining my efforts, because using textpad worked.At last it all works... :2thumbsup:

Medical Toaster
06-18-2008, 13:04
Glad that it worked for you. When I first made this for myself when 1.1 came out I used notepad and even if I changed one number in the file it crashes. It was incredibly frustrating. Notepad seems to work for other editing (like the EDU) but it changes the format by default on the EDCT and causes an instant crash.

Olimpian
06-18-2008, 13:17
Glad that it worked for you. When I first made this for myself when 1.1 came out I used notepad and even if I changed one number in the file it crashes. It was incredibly frustrating. Notepad seems to work for other editing (like the EDU) but it changes the format by default on the EDCT and causes an instant crash.

Tell me about it...must have taken me some 3-4 hours total making it work...dozens of restarts of EB,dozens of times redoing the changes in the file, making sure they are correct...:dizzy2:...oh boy,...modding isn't an easy thing...Respect to all you modders out there!:balloon2:

Beefy187
06-23-2008, 01:45
I tried downloading Medical Toasters script. But apparently the download failed because I couldn't find any servers. How could that be?

overweightninja
06-23-2008, 01:49
Wow its certainly nice to see my "bump" has effectively rejuvinated this mini-mod, just to say thanks for all your work guys, I'll definitely be adding these into my install for my next Romani campaign :2thumbsup:
Cheers!

Medical Toaster
06-23-2008, 05:34
Beefy,

I just went to filefront and the files are still posted but it did take a while for the page to load. Maybe their servers were real busy when you went there lasttime. If you still can't get it; post again and give me a free hosting site that you know you can get to and I will upload it there.

Beefy187
06-23-2008, 13:07
Got it. Thank you:2thumbsup:

||Lz3||
06-24-2008, 01:22
well I just wanted to do an update, this mod is working perfectly , I have not a single complain , I'm alredy in 235 bc:2thumbsup:

fenix3279
06-26-2008, 01:50
@ Medical Toaster :

After I download the mod from your latest link, should I immediately proceed to deleting the map file and the sp back-up folder or else it will CTD? And the mod is compatiable with other mods, right? I installed a fresh EB. I wasn't sure if I should download this mod before or after other mods such as Force Diplomacy, Spoils of Victory, and Battle Formations.

||Lz3||
06-26-2008, 02:06
it's not compatible whit SoV whitout manually adding stuff :book2:

(try to get winmerge , freeware, its a program that compares 2 files , so first apply this one and then compare the files of SoV whit your files , add the SoV part to your files )

hope your not (:gah:) it's not really difficult :2thumbsup:

Medical Toaster
06-26-2008, 02:30
Lz3 is correct this mod is not compatible with spoils of victory without doing some modifications. I think spoils of victory places all of its changes to the edct and vnvs files at the beginning of these files and the changes are well labeled. Make sure you use a good text editor (NOT NOTEPAD.) You do need to erase the map.rwm files before starting a new campaign. This mod is not save compatible. If you are not one who likes to mess the files I will be making a series of composites of these files with mods that change the trait file (I can only think of spoils of victory but if there are others that are of interest just post here and I will make the changes.) So there will be a Konny's trait changes spoils of victory edition and others if I get permission from those who have actually done the coding. I will likely get to it Friday night.

fenix3279
06-26-2008, 02:32
Ok, thanks for your help

||Lz3||
06-26-2008, 02:47
I'm doing an SoV version for myself....but since SoV moddifies several files that I could have changed before... I'm not sure if it will work for everyone...

||Lz3||
07-02-2008, 18:33
Medical Toaster , I think we both have made a mistake :sweatdrop: , looks like your eport_VnVs.txt file was encoded with ANSI code instead of UNICODE which leads to have special characters in sweboz characters replaced by question marks (?) :sweatdrop:

In order to recover those characters I'm afraid the changes need to be done again from scratch, If you don't have the time to do it I understand completely , but I would like to know which traits where moddified in the export_vnvs file , since winmerge cant read that encoding :shifty:

Medical Toaster
07-03-2008, 19:44
I will get on it.

||Lz3||
07-03-2008, 22:08
the only text editor I've found that works with those files (inside text folder) is windows notepad (:inquisitive:weird isn't it?)

QuintusSertorius
07-09-2008, 10:44
What's the latest state of affairs with this one?

fenix3279
07-10-2008, 22:56
the only text editor I've found that works with those files (inside text folder) is windows notepad (:inquisitive:weird isn't it?)
What about Crimson Editor? I just downloaded it today and it's actually pretty nice. It might be capable of working with those type of files?

EDIT:
I tried it out to see if it works with those "~" symbols but no luck. Unfortunately Crimson just eliminates the symbols from the text entirely. Needless to say, you'll probably have to stick with Notepad because I'm out of ideas.

||Lz3||
07-10-2008, 23:21
What about Crimson Editor? I just downloaded it today and it's actually pretty nice. It might be capable of working with those type of files?

I'm not sure... never used that one :sweatdrop: however I have notepad++, textpad, and CONtext and none of them are capable of editing those files...

ans Quints, the last link provided by medical toaster is fully updated to 1.1 , and as a side note... it has LorDBulA's changes too... however there's something wrong with it , since if used , sweboz character will get "?" in their traits , I've the "fix" for that , if someone needs it just let me know :2thumbsup:

QuintusSertorius
07-11-2008, 00:06
I don't suppose anyone's had a go with the permanent-fixed EDCT, rather than the one for the optimised script?

||Lz3||
07-11-2008, 00:38
no... but I could do it... are you interested? it's not save-game compatible as you might know:sweatdrop:

I talked with LorDBulA and he said this is the best version of the client ruler script , since it uses less the script and more RTW mechanics , that's why its fastest script , and that the cloning issue isn't related to that...

QuintusSertorius
07-11-2008, 09:39
I was thinking of using this when I start my new Roman campaign, so save-game compatibility isn't an issue. Not sure I'm up for editing the EDCT, had a look at it a few times and it's not pretty.

He can claim all he likes, but I never had cloning issues before the optimised script. I've not had any since removing it, either. And it's still not faster than simply removing client rulers altogether.

||Lz3||
07-11-2008, 16:36
looking forwad to your campaign! :2thumbsup:

well I've the optimized script and I removed the client rulers...I'm not 100% percent sure but I talked about that with BulA and he said the possibilities of the AI getting a client ruler were remote, but I haven't tested it , I'm only in 265bc after all hehe :sweatdrop:

QuintusSertorius
07-19-2008, 15:14
So, anyone up to doing this to the standard, permanent-fixed-only EDCT for 1.1? I'll dedicate my Roman AAR to you!

I think I might give 1.1 just one more try, rather than giving up.

||Lz3||
07-19-2008, 17:47
sure I'll do it! It will be an honor :2thumbsup:

are you interested in any other minimod?

QuintusSertorius
07-19-2008, 17:54
sure I'll do it! It will be an honor :2thumbsup:

are you interested in any other minimod?

Given my technical issues, I want to keep it simple. So besides this, it'll be MAA's City Mod and I may give Sinhuet's formations a try.

||Lz3||
07-19-2008, 18:04
I should warn you that MMA citymod doen't have the unit sizes latest permanent fix...:shifty: I'll get that one for you too , come back in about 2 hours, perhaps less :2thumbsup:

Skandinav
07-19-2008, 19:01
Having played a romani campaign with this to 146BC ( and ongoing ) I must say that this mod works great. Besides other good stuff I´m often seeing two consuls, thank you all who have contributed.

||Lz3||
07-19-2008, 19:27
Skandinav if I may ask , are you using my mnimod pack in that campaign? :beam: ,that might say that in fact Quintus has had some pretty bad luck with ctd :sweatdrop: , you said that when you started to create units and move characters things started to go bad?

||Lz3||
07-19-2008, 20:02
here you go Quintus :medievalcheers:
http://rapidshare.com/files/130936188/Traits.rar.html

first use all the permanent fixes , then add MMA city mod and then...just unpack this in your EB folder

(may I suggest you to use victory conditions minimod ? :P ,and aren't you interested in konny legions minimod?)

I really hope it works without any problem :P otherwise I migh hang myself in shame :sweatdrop:

QuintusSertorius
07-19-2008, 23:13
Thanks for that Lz3.

Oh one other one I was going to use - Darth Stalin's "old" skins for the Marian legionaries - I'd rather have those than oversized centurions.

QuintusSertorius
07-21-2008, 18:48
Lz3 - which version of the city mod did you package up in that zip? A or B?

||Lz3||
07-21-2008, 20:33
I'm pretty sure it's irrelevant , the only change was disabling the marakanda roads with a ";"

QuintusSertorius
07-21-2008, 23:20
I'm pretty sure it's irrelevant , the only change was disabling the marakanda roads with a ";"

B stopped steppe and barbarian factions being able to grow any settlement beyond a certain size.

||Lz3||
07-22-2008, 02:09
so... you're interested in version A or B? cause mine was taken out of A :smash:

QuintusSertorius
07-22-2008, 09:42
so... you're interested in version A or B? cause mine was taken out of A :smash:

B, basically. Along with Darth Stalin's alternative skins for Roman legionaries.

If I installed the formation mods, they don't affect any of the other ones we've been talking about, do they?

||Lz3||
07-22-2008, 17:50
B, basically. Along with Darth Stalin's alternative skins for Roman legionaries.

If I installed the formation mods, they don't affect any of the other ones we've been talking about, do they? correct none of them interfere with the other ones , though you should use another EDU for darth stalin legionaires , the download version has only one edu :shifty:, I'll send you mine :p

QuintusSertorius
07-22-2008, 17:53
So it's only got the sp edu? I'm fairly certain it used to have an mp one as well.

Skandinav
08-06-2008, 12:03
Skandinav if I may ask , are you using my mnimod pack in that campaign? :beam: ,that might say that in fact Quintus has had some pretty bad luck with ctd :sweatdrop: , you said that when you started to create units and move characters things started to go bad?

My apologies, I haven´t seen this before now. Konny; sorry for being off-topic in your thread.
I am using your bundle, Lz3, without the City Mod, and am currently in the year 81 BC in the same campaign. Contrary to the wording of your question I have, through exchange of settlements with FD, created units, added money and moved characters maintained, among other things, historical AI expansion ( which, as we all know, with the given AI means doing this almost every turn ) and events on the strategy map with only one persistent CTD on a single save game slot.
After I began creating decent garrisons for AI factions when having forced upon them change of settlement ownership I have actually had so few CTD´s at all that I do not even bother reloading the game afterwards any more, but creating garrisons in besieged AI homelands have also made me exchange cities far less.

Edit: Lets move this to PM´s instead.

Aemilius Paulus
08-15-2008, 21:10
Quote:
"1. Added a command star to every level of combat experience (blooded 1 command, veteran 2 command, grizzeld 3 command, STHE 4 command)"

I didn't know there was a higher experience level than grizzled. What's "STHE" and how many battles do you have to fight to get this level of combat experience

||Lz3||
08-15-2008, 22:11
Seen the elephant (whatever the heck does that mean <.<) I think you get it after 24 or so battles

konny
08-16-2008, 10:53
Seen the elephant (whatever the heck does that mean <.<)

It is a metaphoric term for "veteran". Troops that haven't seen elephants are most likely to panic when facing them; while soldiers who have already "seen the elephant" won't do so.

QuintusSertorius
08-16-2008, 12:10
Quote:
"1. Added a command star to every level of combat experience (blooded 1 command, veteran 2 command, grizzeld 3 command, STHE 4 command)"

I didn't know there was a higher experience level than grizzled. What's "STHE" and how many battles do you have to fight to get this level of combat experience

"Has Seen the Elephant" - twenty or more battles.

Lysimachos
08-16-2008, 12:16
edit:nevermind...

Lysimachos
08-16-2008, 12:17
edit: nevermind...

DeathEmperor
08-16-2008, 16:35
I downloaded the version that Toaster put in his post on the 2nd page.

So I take it that it's 1.1 compatible, does everything that Konny's originally did and it's non-save game compatible? The changes to the battle experience and lover of beauty traits are for all factions and not just Romani?

I haven't installed it yet since using the battle formations mod by Lysander and I'm not sure if this will clash with it.

||Lz3||
08-16-2008, 17:42
I downloaded the version that Toaster put in his post on the 2nd page.

So I take it that it's 1.1 compatible, does everything that Konny's originally did and it's non-save game compatible? The changes to the battle experience and lover of beauty traits are for all factions and not just Romani?

I haven't installed it yet since using the battle formations mod by Lysander and I'm not sure if this will clash with it.

there used to be something wrong with toaster's files.. sweboz traits got weird characters ... I dont know if he corrected that already ...

and yes it is compatible with formations mod (that is practically ccompatble with anything :P)

DeathEmperor
08-16-2008, 18:44
Wonderful thank you for answering my questions so quickly Lz3 :smile:

and yes it is compatible with formations mod (that is practically ccompatble with anything :P)
Ah I honestly didn't know that :laugh4: Well as the saying goes, "With every passing day there is more knowledge gained."

Medical Toaster
08-21-2008, 01:26
I finally have a version of the files that fixes the corrupted Sweboz trait descriptions. You can find it at
http://hosted.filefront.com/MedToast

I used notepad to modify the export VnVs file which will preserve the exotic characters used in the Sweboz trait descriptions. The EDCT is completely unchanged so if you already have the mod installed you only have to replace the one file. I am not sure if this is save compatible so if you are starting a new campaign switch but if you are still working world domination I would hold off until you are finished. You can try to apply it to an active save but make sure to backup.

hop
09-07-2008, 00:19
I've got the EB alexander mod installed. can i use this mod with it?

||Lz3||
09-07-2008, 00:24
I've got the EB alexander mod installed. can i use this mod with it?

noup :sweatdrop:

well... if you dont mind doing the conversion to alex.exe changes manually you can do it... (bout 10 min)

have you seen the mod compilation?

hop
09-07-2008, 00:34
I have seen the mini-mod. but im not sure if i want all of the features. I just basically wanted to get my generals to have a decent ammount of command stars.

||Lz3||
09-07-2008, 00:41
download and apply this minimod and then do this:

NOTE: I suggest using a diferent text editor than windows default notepad...HOWEVER you MUST use windows notepad to mod the ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt''

Edit 3 files
a) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt''
Open the file and add the Immortal description at the end of trait section! That should look like this:

;------------------------------------------
;Trait: CeasesAmbassador
; o Ceases_Ambassador (1):

Trait CeasesAmbassador
Characters diplomat
AntiTraits Ambassador

Level Ceases_Ambassador
Description Ceases_Ambassador_desc
EffectsDescription Ceases_Ambassador_effects_desc
Threshold 1

Trait Immortal
Characters family
Hidden

Level Immortal
Description Immortal_desc
EffectsDescription Immortal_effects_desc
Threshold 1

;Mod: EBMod801 - 12/31/05 : trait to make diplomats better when stationed in a settlement for EB 0.7.2.1
;================================================= ==============
;Section: == TRIGGER DATA STARTS HERE ==

Then save!

Then, In the same folder you should make night_battle trrigers back to use!
That should look like this!:

;NIGHT FIGHTING SECTION
Trigger diet_of_carrots_1

Condition Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
and IsGeneral
and Attribute Command >= 4

Affects NightBattleCapable 6 Chance 100

Trigger diet_of_carrots_2
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and Attribute Command >= 1
and IsNightBattle
and Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
and WonBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_attacker
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleSuccess >= clear
and BattleOdds < 2
and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophilia 1 Chance 100

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_defender
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleOdds < 2
and IsNightBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_attacker
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and not WonBattle
and BattleOdds >= 0.5
and IsNightBattle

Affects Noctophobia 1 Chance 66

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_defender
WhenToTest PostBattle

and IsGeneral
and not WonBattle
and BattleOdds >= 0.5
and IsNightBattle

; StrategicSkill shown by bringing bigger battalions

b) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt''
Open the file and add the specified enums at the far end of the txt file! That should look like this:

Immortal
Immortal_desc
Immortal_effects_desc
Night_Fighter
Night_Fighter_desc
Night_Fighter_effects_desc
Noctophiliac
Noctophiliac_desc
Noctophiliac_effects_desc

Then save !

c) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt'' Add one trait and replace one trait ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt'' folder!

REPLACE

¬--------------------

{Legendary_Hero} Legendary Hero

{Legendary_Hero_desc}
Like Horatius, this man's bravery knows no bounds. He is rightly famed among Romans as Aeneas reborn, or even a new Romulus!

{Legendary_Hero_effects_desc}
+4 Morale for all troops on the battlefield, +1 Influence

¬--------------------

WITH

¬--------------------

{Legendary_Hero_desc}
Like Horatius, this man's bravery knows no bounds. He is rightly famed among Romans as Aeneas reborn, or even a new Romulus!

{Night_Fighter_effects_desc}
+1 Command when fighting at night

¬--------------------

AND ADD

¬--------------------
{Immortal} Immortal

{Immortal_desc}
Hidden immortal trait

{Immortal_effects_desc}
No Effects

That or just add the command stars to "blooded, Grizzled, Veteran and STE"

basically search for "Blooded" in the EDCT file and make it look like this (just add "Effect command [the corresponding number]")

Level Blooded
Description Blooded_desc
EffectsDescription Blooded_effects_desc
Threshold 2

Effect Command 1

Level Veteran
Description Veteran_desc
EffectsDescription Veteran_effects_desc
Threshold 5

Effect Command 2

Level Grizzled
Description Grizzled_desc
EffectsDescription Grizzled_effects_desc
Threshold 10

Effect Command 3

Level Seen_The_Elephant
Description Seen_The_Elephant_desc
EffectsDescription Seen_The_Elephant_effects_desc
Threshold 25

Effect Command 4

however this way will only get you the stars... not the cursus honorum

hop
09-07-2008, 00:45
Thats great thanks. never tried doing this before. So i will see what happens! cheers

||Lz3||
09-07-2008, 00:47
Thats great thanks. never tried doing this before. So i will see what happens! cheers

did you saw my post above after I edited it?:sweatdrop:

I think I found an easier way to get only the stars :beam:

hop
09-07-2008, 00:52
Yep i saw that thanks. I will use that method instead. Just finding what program to use to edit that edct file. Thanks for the help and quick replies

||Lz3||
09-07-2008, 00:57
a note worth mentioning is that you will get the stars... however when you place the cursor over the trait in the character's window it wont say anything about gaining comand stars... if you wish it to represent those changes just open the export_VnVs file (in EB/Data/text folder) with windows default text editor and search again for "blooded" and make it look like this

¬--------------------

{Blooded} Blooded

{Blooded_desc}
This man has seen battle, and is familiar with giving orders.

{Blooded_effects_desc}
He has commanded at least one battle, and has gained enough experience to understand the nature of command. The men under his command are still likely to lack confidence in him (though some experience is better than none). Command +1.

¬--------------------

{Veteran} Veteran

{Veteran_desc}
This man has seen his share of battles, and knows the likely results of his orders.

{Veteran_effects_desc}
He has commanded in at least four battles; his experience makes his men more confident in his abilities. Command +2.

¬--------------------

{Grizzled} Grizzled

{Grizzled_desc}
This man has commanded many battles, and is well-accustomed to war.

{Grizzled_effects_desc}
He has commanded in at least nine battles; his experience makes his men more confident in his abilities. Command +3.

¬--------------------

{Seen_The_Elephant} Seen The Elephant

{Seen_The_Elephant_desc}
This man's battles are too many to count!

{Seen_The_Elephant_effects_desc}
He has commanded in twenty-five battles or more; his experience makes his men more confident in his abilities. Command +4.

¬--------------------

good luck :beam: it's not hard at all

Cullhwch
10-03-2008, 22:36
You could fix the whole mess by getting rid of the whole convuluted BecomesBetterGeneral and BattlePoints series of traits. If you just use the Vanillaish system of awarding command stars things just work better in less lines. I copied the original triggers, halved the chances of success per tier (split them between GoodLeader and GoodTactician due to the absence of GoodCommander), and now my generals can actually GO UP IN RANK after stunning victories.

Gnostiko
10-09-2008, 16:22
Excellent sounding mini-mod, but which version is needed? Sounds like there's an update on the last page rendering the original moot. Is it also incompatible with Alex.exe?

konny
10-10-2008, 11:31
The download on page 1 is for EB 1.0 but the other for EB 1.1. For the ALX.exe you need the immortal trait. I am not sure if this is part of the 1.1 download, but you can easyly ad it using the instruction in the Alex-EB thread here on this forum.

Gnostiko
10-10-2008, 17:47
Right, so all I'd need for alex is the 1.1 download and the immortal fix?

edit: thought I knew where it was but no...where can I find the immortal fix?

||Lz3||
10-11-2008, 02:59
Right, so all I'd need for alex is the 1.1 download and the immortal fix?

edit: thought I knew where it was but no...where can I find the immortal fix?

if you enter the alex eb thread there's a section explaining how to change the exe to alexander's, no matter which files you're using

Gnostiko
10-12-2008, 16:23
Is it possible to get this working for AlexEB? When I try to use it, either by copy/pasting the files or manually editing it crashes the game or won't even let me start a new campaign. It works fine with alex.exe, but not the alex mod

||Lz3||
10-12-2008, 18:56
you need to manually add the changes (no overwriting files)

to do so you need to edit

EDCT

export_vnvs.text (or something in the text folder-NOTE use windows notepad for this one)

export_vnvs (something like that in the data folder)

I suggest downloading winmerge , its a program tha compares 2 files and says in what they're different

Gnostiko
10-12-2008, 22:41
you need to manually add the changes (no overwriting files)

Hmmm, I thought I would have to, but when I did it last night I couldn't start a new campaign, and my current game crashed when I clicked end turn.

Question: why is it everyone has been pointing out that notepad should be avoided? Is this because of taste or incompatibility?

/Bean\
11-08-2008, 18:14
Konny the link on the first page doesnt seem to work, says the file i'm looking for is not valid. Alright if you check it out?

konny
11-13-2008, 11:35
The link on page 1 is for EB 1.0; you shouldn't use that. There is a link for an EB 1.1 version some pages later.

Question: why is it everyone has been pointing out that notepad should be avoided? Is this because of taste or incompatibility?

Notepad tends to safe this particular file in the wrong encoding (don't know why it does it).

||Lz3||
11-15-2008, 04:00
maybe you could edit first post with the new link though :2thumbsup:

theoldbelgian
11-29-2008, 20:41
is the 1,1 link also compatible with 1,2?

Medical Toaster
12-01-2008, 04:27
The 1.1 link is not compatible with 1.2. I will get a new version ready sometime this week.

kemozz
12-10-2008, 00:29
download and apply this minimod and then do this:

NOTE: I suggest using a diferent text editor than windows default notepad...HOWEVER you MUST use windows notepad to mod the ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt''

Edit 3 files
a) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt''
Open the file and add the Immortal description at the end of trait section! That should look like this:

;Trait: CeasesAmbassador
; o Ceases_Ambassador (1):

Trait CeasesAmbassador
Characters diplomat
AntiTraits Ambassador

Level Ceases_Ambassador
Description Ceases_Ambassador_desc
EffectsDescription Ceases_Ambassador_effects_desc
Threshold 1

Trait Immortal
Characters family
Hidden

Level Immortal
Description Immortal_desc
EffectsDescription Immortal_effects_desc
Threshold 1

;Mod: EBMod801 - 12/31/05 : trait to make diplomats better when stationed in a settlement for EB 0.7.2.1
;Section: == TRIGGER DATA STARTS HERE ==

Then save!

Then, In the same folder you should make night_battle trrigers back to use!
That should look like this!:

;NIGHT FIGHTING SECTION
Trigger diet_of_carrots_1

Condition Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
and IsGeneral
and Attribute Command >= 4

Trigger diet_of_carrots_2
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and Attribute Command >= 1
and IsNightBattle
and Trait NightBattleCapable = 0
and WonBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_attacker
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleOdds < 2
and IsNightBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_victory_defender
WhenToTest PostBattle

and IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and BattleOdds < 2
and IsNightBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_attacker
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
and IsGeneral
and not WonBattle
and BattleOdds >= 0.5
and IsNightBattle

Trigger night_battle_crushing_loss_defender
WhenToTest PostBattle

and IsGeneral
and not WonBattle
and BattleOdds >= 0.5
and IsNightBattle

; StrategicSkill shown by bringing bigger battalions

b) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt''
Open the file and add the specified enums at the far end of the txt file! That should look like this:

Immortal
Immortal_desc
Immortal_effects_desc
Night_Fighter
Night_Fighter_desc
Night_Fighter_effects_desc
Noctophiliac
Noctophiliac_desc
Noctophiliac_effects_desc

Then save !

c) Go - ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt'' Add one trait and replace one trait ''Rome - Total War folder/eb/data/text\export_VnVs.txt'' folder!

REPLACE

¬--------------------

{Legendary_Hero_desc}

¬--------------------

WITH

¬--------------------

{Legendary_Hero_desc}

{Night_Fighter_effects_desc}
+1 Command when fighting at night

¬--------------------

AND ADD

¬--------------------
{Immortal} Immortal

{Immortal_desc}
Hidden immortal trait

{Immortal_effects_desc}
No Effects

That or just add the command stars to "blooded, Grizzled, Veteran and STE"

basically search for "Blooded" in the EDCT file and make it look like this (just add "Effect command [the corresponding number]")

Level Blooded
Description Blooded_desc
EffectsDescription Blooded_effects_desc
Threshold 2

Effect Command 1

Level Veteran
Description Veteran_desc
EffectsDescription Veteran_effects_desc
Threshold 5

Effect Command 2

Level Grizzled
Description Grizzled_desc
EffectsDescription Grizzled_effects_desc
Threshold 10

Effect Command 3

Level Seen_The_Elephant
Description Seen_The_Elephant_desc
EffectsDescription Seen_The_Elephant_effects_desc
Threshold 25

Effect Command 4

however this way will only get you the stars... not the cursus honorum

when i add the command stars to "blooded, Grizzled, Veteran and STE" and load up the game it ctd? the only thing i do is open the EDCT file and add the effect command 1

konny
12-13-2008, 14:16
Make sure you have saved the file in the right format (notepad tends to save it in the wrong format when simply hitting "save").

Medical Toaster
01-03-2009, 21:05
I have finally got around to modifying this for EB 1.2. Sorry for the delay for those waiting for the file. This is not a save compatible mod. The latest version is Trait Mod for 12. Here is the link

http://hosted.filefront.com/MedToast

a completely inoffensive name
01-04-2009, 14:01
Yes, awesome! :2thumbsup:

||Lz3||
01-04-2009, 23:57
I have finally got around to modifying this for EB 1.2. Sorry for the delay for those waiting for the file. This is not a save compatible mod. The latest version is Trait Mod for 12. Here is the link

I think it can be Savegame compatible... since... you didn't re-arrange the traits, did you?
As far as I know, changes in the effects of traits are save game compatible. Even adding new traits (at the end of the file) is save game compatible...

I have not tested it, but I bealive that is the thing. :shrug:

Medical Toaster
01-05-2009, 07:04
I thought that you can change the triggers but the traits themselves can't be changed to be save compatible. In truth, I have never tried it. Perhaps someone with more wisdom can enlighten us.

C.LVCIANVS
01-06-2009, 18:32
:jester:
Very Well Done MT!!! Thanks a lot!!:balloon2:

I was thinking... Why the trait descr has changed from "Tribvnvs Plebis" to "Tribvnis Plebis"? Or "Tribvnvs Militum" to "Tribvnis Milita"?

:inquisitive:
That puts me in a latin grammar confusion... Checking the vocabularium...:martass: ...Hanging myself...:freak:

belliger
01-12-2009, 20:21
hi konni. i tried to download this minimod, but they say the link is not on use anymore....

||Lz3||
01-12-2009, 23:39
hi konni. i tried to download this minimod, but they say the link is not on use anymore....

Try the latest link provided by medical toaster, it should be around the last pages. :medievalcheers:

belliger
01-13-2009, 10:00
thanks. i will search.
:2thumbsup:

belliger
03-12-2009, 11:41
hi all. is this mod compatible with the ferromancer's minimod 'EB for BI'?
should i install it before or after the installing of EB4BI?

Atraphoenix
03-12-2009, 12:09
I think you did not mod the ancillary files ; export_descr_ancillaries, descr_ancillaries. that is what I did in my mod :laugh4:

So if you can confirm this I will declare my mod is competable with your mod.
I had to change my codes for city mod now it is competable with it.:sweatdrop: I hope not another dejavu... :no:

konny
03-13-2009, 14:12
No, this only changes EDCT.

Azare
03-18-2009, 03:32
I've installed this mod and its been 50 turns and I haven't had anyone elected to any offices. Is anyone else having this problem or can figure out why this is happening? My people have high influence and other stats.

Mikhail Mengsk
06-15-2009, 11:59
So it's compatible with the extended offices mod? :-P :-P :-P

||Lz3||
06-15-2009, 23:37
Yes. :beam:

Mikhail Mengsk
06-16-2009, 09:01
The 1.2 version can't be downloaded...

johnhughthom
06-16-2009, 11:40
The recent filefront upheavals seems to have deleted a lot of files, I lost some myself.

Julius Augustus
06-20-2009, 21:44
Make sure you have saved the file in the right format (notepad tends to save it in the wrong format when simply hitting "save").

:help:Konny, as I want to do some trait modding myself, could you please enlighten me on how to save it in the correct format in notepad? Great idea though, turning off command penalties for Lover of Beauty. :2thumbsup:

Jarardo
06-21-2009, 01:48
Looks like filefront deleted this one too. Does anyone have a copy you can send me?

Galotta
06-28-2009, 16:53
same problem. could someone upload that files again?

also medical toasters (great name ;) ) files are lost...

konny
06-28-2009, 19:49
:help:Konny, as I want to do some trait modding myself, could you please enlighten me on how to save it in the correct format in notepad?

You need a better text editor like Crimson for example: http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Skoran
07-01-2009, 13:34
The download link doesnt work anymore :(

roman dude
11-17-2009, 03:33
can anyone get a new link up, the old one doesn't work. and is this compatible with the EB for BI mod?

Skoran
12-24-2009, 02:48
Can somebody please re-upload it :(?

Leão magno
12-26-2009, 19:28
Hello Konny, Long time no see! Tell me, is this mini-mod concept to be present in EBII? Seen some people asking for a new link, the old ones are broken somehow! Tell me it is implemented in the mod-pack?
Cheers!

anubis88
01-18-2010, 12:32
Guys, does someone have the files for this mod? could someone upload them? I would really like to start a new SPQR campaign, this time going to 14 AD, but i don't want to play the game without this mod:embarassed:

help help help.

Edit:

Actually i think i found a way around it, if anyone alse is interested. I downloaded the mini-mod pack, extracted it in a folder on my desktop, and then just choose those 2 files and put them where they are supposed to be.

I tried a few turns, and the command stars are working, however my FM still have -3influnce (those who are plebeians) so i'm not sure if this bypass actually works.

hope it helps anyone

DionCaesar
07-07-2010, 16:58
Could some one please upload this mod again? Anubis is right but I still think it'd be nicer if you can download this mod seperately somewhere. Thank you, it sounds great !

belliger
02-25-2011, 00:11
i subscribe with DionCaesar:
Could some one please upload this mod again? Anubis is right but I still think it'd be nicer if you can download this mod seperately somewhere. Thank you, it sounds great !

mlc82
11-03-2011, 22:17
Here's a working dl link for you all, just use (free) 7zip to unzip the files.

http://www.wupload.com/file/1881010901/konnytraitchanges.7z

7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

BTW I hate these popup ridden uploading sites as much as anyone else, if there's a better place to upload these to just let me know and I will as well.

jirisys
11-05-2011, 01:14
Here's a working dl link for you all, just use (free) 7zip to unzip the files.

http://www.wupload.com/file/1881010901/konnytraitchanges.7z

7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

BTW I hate these popup ridden uploading sites as much as anyone else, if there's a better place to upload these to just let me know and I will as well.

Thank you man. Saved me from a lot of trouble.

~Jirisys ()

konny
01-26-2012, 19:14
Unfortuantly I do not have this mod in this form any longer. I am currently working on a much larger project with the EB traits (not sure if I can get that finished at all). That is I am tinkering around with the triggers in generals. That's what I am aiming at:

Lesser traits per character in general
I don't want to get back to the vanilla system where each charatcer often had no more five or six traits, but I think the ammount of traits each FM usually acquires in EB is a bit over the top, in particular for roleplayers.

I am first of all thinking of removing redundant traits, that is checking if two traits are in fact saying the same about the character. In this case one can go and the other one might have a stronger effect. There are also a couple of traits that don't do anything at all, despite often promising to have an influence on the character, such as the "nobile" trait for Romans. Even though in these cases I would rather prefer to give them a meaning.

More focus on the basic character
This is a bit underdeveloped in EB. There are indeed three different sets of basic character traits (of which you only see one, the "ICE rating"), but these are hardly called for in the triggers. Most traits your characters have are assigned based on their ethnicity when they enter the game, often without checking for the basic traits. Others are awarded based on certain building in the towns they stay in, also here often without checking if the basic character is fitting that trait. That's for example the reason why suddenly all your characters end up as athetistic alcoholics: they are sitting in towns with taverns and academies.

More balance in attributes
While it is close to impossible to acquire one command star most characters have no problems amassing 10 points in administration and influence. Neither seems right to me. That's a bit difficult to achieve though.

Stop of ancillery spamming
I would rather turn around the way ancs work EB: now the characters instantly get lots of ancs (and eight is the maximum), in particular when sitting in a town with academy (and hating the gods meanwhile). These ancs also give them certain traits, or promotes the acquisition of certain traits. I would prefer instead when the ancs would be given only after the FM had already achieved a certain level in the traits in question.

Another negative effect of the way ancillaries are awarded now is that the majority of them go unused. That's because your characters always get the same set of clerks, bodyguards, tutors etc. and quickly have the maximum of eight. In order to see the other ancs (or use for example the Roman govermental system) you desperatly have to avoid your characters entering towns with academies.

Removal of unsupported concepts
Some good ideas are unfortuantly not realy feasonable with this game engine. One example would be the "forced marching" concept. It would be nice to have that in game, but unfortuantly it can not be properly displayed by the means we have: it is close to impossible, at least for me, to have my characters not spending more than 2/3 of their movement points in order to not acquire that trait.

The same can be said about the attempt to implement logisitics via the trait system ("well supplied" to "starving").

mato1091
07-09-2012, 09:01
All links are dead and unfortunately I lost files from my HDD. After announcement of RTW 2 I want to play RTW with some great modification once again and Europa Barbarorum is best and this minimod is very helpful. Has anyone else this minimod? Can you reupload this minimod again please? This newest link http://www.wupload.com/file/18810109...raitchanges.7z allow download only your own files not other. Thanks in advance

mlc82
08-24-2012, 19:20
Which files does this actually need? I can't even access my old upload but I should still have them, I know it was a couple of the data files. If someone can enlighten me I'll gladly re up them.

mato1091
08-24-2012, 22:46
Which files does this actually need? I can't even access my old upload but I should still have them, I know it was a couple of the data files. If someone can enlighten me I'll gladly re up them.

the pack name is konnytraitchanges.7z
and the files which are in pack, I dont know/remember what exactly files but I think that which edites the character traits and/or anciliaries
like descr_traits.txt or descr_character_traits.txt or something that I cant remember exactly name of file/files

mlc82
08-25-2012, 00:15
Here you go, still had it in my EB Backup folder. Enjoy and pm me if it doesn't work or goes down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fttn6ckiv9mk54y

mato1091
08-25-2012, 08:16
thank you man, you are my hero ~:cheers:

I_damian
01-06-2013, 17:57
Here you go, still had it in my EB Backup folder. Enjoy and pm me if it doesn't work or goes down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fttn6ckiv9mk54y

I think this mod is broken from this link. Can anyone confirm? The command stars work but the influence from Patricius/Plebeius seems broken. It's supposed to remove the -3 influence penalty for being Plebeian but it doesn't. The "Plebeivs" trait still gives a -3 influence penalty and it's not simply a mistake in the text because if you begin a new game and add up all the influence-giving traits of Curius Dentatus he should have a full 10 influence (12 actually but 10 is max) and yet he has 7. That's because the -3 influence for the Plebeivs trait still applies.