PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone forgot

Tristrem
01-31-2008, 02:14
It's been a while since it has been mentioned here, but what about the competition?

While empire looks good, I think it will be surpassed by by a game being made by our old friends, the Lordz:http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com/index.php

After watching the artillary preview on their website, it looks amazing. While naval battles may be cool, I think the Lordz game will blow Empire out of water when it comes to land battles. (no pun intended).

I don't want to pit one game against the other, but I just want point out another option for those of us who think CA is a little off in the direction TW is headed.(securom) Maybe it is time to jump ship (no pun intended either) and try out a fresh new look on a battle driven strategy game. :2thumbsup:

Mikeus Caesar
01-31-2008, 04:32
but I just want point out another option for those of us who think CA is a little off in the direction TW is headed.(securom)

Unless Securom can be used by its creators to steal my credit card details and my super-secret password hellokitty.com, then i don't care about it. If you bother using google you can easily find ways to remove its 'hidden files'.

Now, away with you and your shameless advertising. To the Arena!

Wait, i'm not a mod, am i?

pevergreen
01-31-2008, 05:11
No moderator here as yet.

rajpoot
01-31-2008, 16:03
Checked the video in question, firstly as I don't play multiplayer, I haven't tried NTW out, so I don't know much about Lordz apart from what i got from their website.
The video seems good enough, but I'll wager that ETW has many many times better graphics, and apart from that, I really could not find anything there which I think ETW might not have.........
But seems worth a try anyway........

Raz
02-01-2008, 08:48
It's a real bummer to The Lordz since their very first public release of a game will come out at the same time as CA's... . . :shame:

Looks like I'll have to buy both. :smug2:

The Wandering Scholar
02-01-2008, 18:20
What are the system requirements like in comparison?

Vuk
02-01-2008, 19:25
I am really looking forward to E:TW, but to be completely honest, if my financial situation is such that I can only afford one, I am going for the Lordz.
They seem to know what they are doing a lot better, and from what I have seen so far, the graphics look fantastic. Also, I feel that I can better trust them to satisfy the needs of we strategy gamers (such as not having through the roof sys reqs) more so than CA.
If I have the money though, I will definetaly get both (unless CA includes securom or something equally as diabolical on it).
I finally got serious about not buying merchandise that has that crap, and have not bought the last 3 Splinter Cells. (Even though they look even better than the first ones)

~:yin-yang:

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-01-2008, 19:37
It is to early in development to give any more details about a possible release date, system requirements or any more details about the game itself.

Thank you all for the compliments and although it is nice to be named in one breath with CA`s new TW game, we are no competition really. The games will be so different in approach, concept and design.

We also focus solely on the Napoleonic Wars and will have minimal Empire building gameplay, our game will be dealing more with the military startegic, tactical and logistic layers of the Napoleonic Campaigns.

We are a small beginning independant game developping company, probably in size and budget around 5% in size, if not less, compared to CA. We will give it all we have got though and hope to surprise a few people, but do not expect a TW clone, it will be a fun game, look good, but fundamently be different.

Now this forum is a place for CA`s new Empire TW game, so please be so kind to post any more questions you might have on our own forum and leave this place to CA`s new jewel.

Cheers,

LZ

The Wandering Scholar
02-01-2008, 21:01
So different that you come here to answer questions?

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-01-2008, 21:11
I have been around here for quite a while now here at The Org and our roots lay here, as most of the LGS founders are ex-TW modders, and have produced some very successfull TW modifications in the past. In fact I can state that without CA`s TW series many of us would probably never have gotten into this business in the first place. So in a way we owe CA`s TW series, we willl never forget our roots as ex-TW modders. I`m here as a fan of the TW series, no game is perfect, but for many of us the first Shogun TW still is and was a revolution when it came out.

Cheers,

Tim

The Wandering Scholar
02-01-2008, 22:39
No problem Tim, your join date says you did not come to ask questions or whatever lol.
Have a balloon :balloon:

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-01-2008, 22:51
No problem, I was lurking around The Org much earlier before I finally joined though. I was not a forum beast, reading and watching was and probably is more my style, in fact The Org was the first forum that I found was more mature than others. And it still is I guess.

Balloon back. :balloon2:

Tim aka LZ

The Wandering Scholar
02-01-2008, 23:34
Well, with pople like yourself around... :bow:

Raz
02-02-2008, 01:33
. . ... I wonder if he still has NTW for VI on his PC. :book:

Vuk
02-04-2008, 19:17
Now this forum is a place for CA`s new Empire TW game, so please be so kind to post any more questions you might have on our own forum and leave this place to CA`s new jewel.

Cheers,

LZ

Sorry, just replying to the first post with my opinion. :bow:
Good to see you around,
Vuk