PDA

View Full Version : Capo de Tutti Capi -- II: Rules of Play and Information Updates

Seamus Fermanagh
01-31-2008, 20:47
To begin with, all players are expected to adhere to the following code of ethics during play. The code has been annotated in a different color text to denote particulars relevant to Capo - II.

Gameroom Mafia Player’s Code of Ethics

I will endeavor to adhere to the basic rules for good posting/participation expected of all members of the .org community.

I will not use screenshots relating to a mafia game during that mafia game. This includes my posts within the thread, my private messages, my individual e-mails or any other means of communication.

This is hugely important for Capo games. Part of the charm of Capo is the degree of ambiguity and the lack, for the most part, of absolute results on investigations etc. You are free to fabricate, connive, or otherwise finesse your way to success. Screenshots destroy this and make the game pretty much moot.

I will not use an alternate .org identity for any aspect of a mafia game and will restrict myself to the identity used in signing up for the game for all communication relating to that game. Note: multiple identities is against org policy and may draw unfavorable attention from moderators and administrators.

If I have additional abilities as a moderator or administrator on the forum, I will endeavor not to use those abilities as part of my participation in a mafia game, save where asked to do so by the game’s host in response to a valid moderator-related question or function.

I am given to understand that moderators cannot turn off all of their abilities automatically. I am asking them, on their honor, to avoid using such tools as part of their play. This is, of course, exactly what they do at present. As your own experiences tell you, it poses no concern. They're a pretty good group of people. :yes:

I will not quote from a private message or from a chat log in the main thread of a mafia game and will not do so in private messages, e-mails, or other communications with anyone who was not originally a party to that message or chat unless permitted to do so by the game host.

Such quotations are permitted in Capo - II, provided that no screenshots are used and that none of the restricted information (noted in red on your role PMs) from your role PMs is discussed. Please remember that our creative group might also be fabricating this sort of thing. :evilgrin:

I will endeavor to abide by the rules and conditions laid out by a host for her or his own game at all times.

If I believe that I have accidentally contravened this code, broken one of the rules laid out by the host, or believe myself to be on the receiving end of another who has done so, I will report my behavior to the host, attaching any relevant support information, and await the decision of that game host before continuing play.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-31-2008, 23:14
Game Rules for Capo - II

Setting:

Fatlington, New Jersey, 1949:

It’s a hot August and Fatlington is stuffed with tourists – but the entire town has been quarantined for 3 weeks because of what appears to be simultaneous outbreaks of cholera and Spanish Influenza (blame the Commission in Havana). Social conditions are near mutinous, and the threat of the mafia has re-appeared. Mayor Tosa Inu, away at Trenton for a conference, has called for the Committee of Vigilance to be re-established to deal with the threat.
How to Win:

In general, the town wins when all the mafia Dons are dead – including any new Dons that have “hatched.” A mafia family wins when its members outnumber the remaining mafia & townspeople (which include any independent Wise Guys for this purpose) and all of the other family’s mafia dons are dead. A draw can occur if all of the mafia Dons have died and the numbers of remaining “townies” and Mafiosi are exactly equal.

Individually, each player scores points for participation and effectiveness. While the score possibilities vary with role and are role-appropriate, points are weighted heavily in favor of a role’s “general” victory condition so as to encourage you to work for victory even after your demise – or at least not to get in the way. General victory weighs more importantly than personal survival for almost every role, and effective participation is valued. While “mistakes” are punished, the punishment is usually less severe that are the points earned for individual successes. The scorecard will NOT be published in advance – as the goal is NOT to control your play.

Game Phases and Basic Gameplay

At the outset of the game you will be randomly assigned a role, the role PM explaining the particulars will be sent to you, and shortly thereafter, play will commence.

For the most part, the usual sequence of 24-hour days and 24-hour nights will be followed. Some of these phases (notably nights 1 and 2) may be extended where necessary to account for outside events/unusual situations. In no instance, save for the first day phase, will the time period be decreased below 24 hours. Please note, however, the first phase of this game will be a day phase (Day One) during which no lynching will occur, only the initial Director’s selection (see roles below).

Day Phase: Each day the town may vote to lynch one suspect from among the list of players. Each townsperson save for the director can cast one vote (see below for procedure). On odd-numbered day phases, the town also votes to select a Director (see below for procedure). The game-master will write up the results of these votes and post them for general consumption, along with any juicy particulars about any executions. The game then proceeds to the next night phase.

Night Phase: Every role has something to do at night – even if your choice is to do nothing. Since every role can be active, with investigations attempted, murders, etc., all players should PM the game-master during each night phase to indicate their actions. The game-master will respond as quickly as possible, and will write up results that take effect immediately prior to the next day phase and voting. THe first two night phases will probably be lengthier than normal to provide coordination and discussion time at the outset of the game.

Night Actions: Every player has the option to “get some sleep” on any given night. Depending on roles, you may be attempting a kill, investigating someone, or protecting someone instead. Unless indicated otherwise by specific instructions in your role PM, most night actions aside from investigations require teams of participants. Note:

a) You may participate in one and only one killing attempt or protection attempt each night. Investigations MAY – depending on role – be done in addition.

b) Your PM's to me must indicate clearly your actions and provide all of the necessary information or you will be listed as "sleeping" that night. Feel free to provide whatever level of detail you wish (kill specifics etc). Within the constraints of playability I will endeavor to use all such material, but reserve the right to edit if necessary for game play.

PM Example:

Night 4: Working with Red Harvest and Divinus Arma, I will kill Strike for the South.

c) should one of the partners in your group fail to PM me, or should they PM me with different instructions (accidentally or on purpose), you group may not have the requisite numbers to perform a given night action successfully. The write up will indicate that failure, but may or may not reveal who did not participate.

Note: Townies participating in a “vigilante” killing who end up operating solo, by happenstance or betrayal, run a risk of being killed (1 chance in 3). Wise Guys or Mafiosi operating solo run a risk of being identified (1 chance in 6).

PMs and PM-ing

As you have probably already noted, significant part of the game-play involves PMs sent back and forth between the Host and the players.

PMs are expected each night from all players so that I can write-up the actions for a given night and provide you with the results. Please be patient with this process, as there are a lot of folks, particularly in the first few rounds, with whom I have to exchange messages.

PMs will be sent notifying you of investigation results, night action results, changes in status, as well as your starting role in the game.

PLEASE get your PM to me by the deadlines posted in the thread. I will seldom be able to take a “late” PM and have it count as this is unlikely to be fair to the other players.

To familiarize you with the format I will use in PM’s here are two examples:

#1 A copy of the starting role PM that will be sent to all townspersons.

Role

Townie

Victory Condition

You achieve victory by voting to lynch suspicious individuals and/or participate personally in their removal until such time as: a) all of the Mafia Dons, original and created, have been killed and b) the remaining townies and unaligned WiseGuys outnumber the remaining Mafiosi. Your personal survival, though important, is secondary to the overall success of the town.

Powers & Responsibilities

A. General:

1. Townies have no special role-related qualities at the outset of the game – you are the “salt of the earth” of Fatlington.

2. Here is where information as to any whacky individual characteristics will go. They will NOT be for sharing with any other player, but may provide you some advantage. ANY information in RED on your rolesheets is to be held in strict confidence and NOT shared in any manner during the game without the express prior consent of the Game host. You have been warned. Save it for your post-game write up.
B. Day Actions:

1. You can select/vote as can all players.

C. Night Actions:

1. In combination with 3 other townies, you can form a vigilante group (4 required) and attempt to kill one other player. More than 4 townies can work in the same group, though this does not provide any other benefit aside from participation credit. If only 2 or 3 townies participate in a kill effort, that effort automatically fails. If only 1 townie attempts a kill, that effort fails and the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of dying themselves in making the failed attempt.

2. After two such successful kills, you may elect to continue the game as a Wiseguy, or you may remain a Townie. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

3. In combination with 2 other townies, you can form a protection group (3 required) and attempt to protect one other player. If no attack occurs, nothing happens. If the target is attacked your group will save her/him and receive credit for the save. More than 3 townies can work in the same group, though this does not provide any other benefit aside from participation credit. If only 2 townies participate in a save effort and the target is attacked, that effort automatically fails. If only 1 townie attempts a save and the target is attacked, that effort fails and the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of dying themselves in making the failed attempt.

4. After two such successful saves, one of your group may be selected (randomly) to continue the game as a Doctor. If refused, the opportunity will be passed to another member of that group. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

5. If you: a) choose to continue in a protection group without becoming a doctor, b) have never participated in a killing, and c) you participate in a two additional saves, you will be offered the opportunity to become a Detective for the remainder of the Game. You will be given this role-change opportunity only once.

D. Investigations:

1. If investigated by a Detective or a Made Gangster, it is most probable that you will be discovered as “innocent.” Remember, however, that a significant minority (20%) of townspeople will register as “unclear” rather than innocent if investigated by a Made and as “criminal” if investigated by a detective. These 20% minorities will not be the same for both categories. You will only register as “guilty” if you have participated in a killing.

Role Changing

As noted above under night actions, it is possible for you to change roles. Once you change roles from Townie to WiseGuy, Doctor or Detective, however, you may not reverse the decision – you have made a permanent change. You may progress into other roles from there as appropriate to your new role.

#2 Results PM

RE: N4

AB, BC, CD: Protect Tosa Inu = Success!

As this is the 2nd success for all of you, one of you will be promoted to Doctor. The person randomly selected is BC (new role PM will follow shortly).

Clarity to Balance the Ambiguity

Upon death, the local gendarmerie will launch a full investigation of that individual to try to determine the reason they were killed. Though slow (results reported on the 3rd morning after death), their then-current role will be revealed. Unfortunately, the specific actions of that individual -- what they did with their role -- will remain a mystery (until the post-game!).

Since investigations are imperfect in this game and since roles can be taken a number of different directions (or even changed), this provision gives the town some hope of a successful conclusion. Please note however, that this revelation will occur a significant period of time after the death of that player.
Voting

There are two types, lynch voting and Director selection. Each living townie save for the director may vote to lynch one townsperson per day. On odd-numbered days, each living townie may also vote for the next director.

To lynch a suspect:

You may vote or not vote at your choice. Please be aware however, that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your removal from play. While the game-master reserves the right to remove someone from play when/if needed at their discretion, as a “rule-of-thumb” missing 3 votes in a row or 5 overall is likely to result in your removal.

Legal vote choices include:

1. voting by name for a living fellow townie to express your preference for their lynching
2. voting “abstain” indicating you have no preference as to who is lynched
3. voting “no lynch” indicating that you want no one lynched that day
4. voting “present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Vote: Seamus

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Unvote: TosaInu
Vote: Seamus

Lynch votes do figure in the scoring for all roles, please participate.

To select a Director:

You may:

1. “Select: Name” to select a given player as director
2. “Select: Abstain” indicating you have no preference
3. “Select: Vacant” to have the post vacant (filled by Chief Seamus)
4. “Select: Present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Select: Seamus

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Sack: TosaInu
Select: Seamus

YOU MAY NOT EDIT A VOTE. You are free to edit the rest of the post but in order to alter your vote you MUST enter the change in a new post so that it is easy to keep track of.

Votes to Select a director will not figure in the scoring.

Rules Pertaining to Gameplay by dead players, Screenies, etc.

The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed as per section V and may not reveal their “familiy” or role particulars even after that time. Dead players may not quote from a PM unless that PM has been posted in the public thread by a living player. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal. Remember, even if dead you can still score well provided your “side” achieves victory. Your participation must be circumspect, but your continued participation IS encouraged.

No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose – this includes during PMs. Feel free to quote from the public portion of my Role PM’s to you or to fabricate as you see fit. Each role PM will also have an “eyes only” section that is never to be revealed, quoted, or alluded to in your interactions with others under penalty of removal from the game.

Chatlog conversations may be referenced/quoted, but may not be copied via screenshot. Note: it can be difficult to maintain role secrecy during chat conversations.

"Suicide" will not be allowed in this game (it is possible to create an unplayable game with nothing but suicide pact challenges going on. This is not the intended mode of play for this game).
Players who must remove themselves from play for schedule reasons should send me a PM. I will then write them out of play.

It is suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a normal profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc.

Game Roles

Usually referred to in the male singular, no disrespect intended.

Townie Roles:

Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. The investigation will list the individual as innocent (Townie, Don), criminal (Luca, Made not killing, Wise Guy not having killed at all, and some townies), or guilty (Luca or Made on the night of kill, Wise Guy or Townie who has killed – you either get the current kill or their whole track record as well). Acts as a Townie in other respects. Always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Doctor:

May protect one person from murder each night phase (this protection extends to multiple attempts). Acts as a Townie in other respects. After 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die), the Doctor becomes a Surgeon. Doctors display investigation results as for a standard townie.

FBI Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. Results, which parallel those of the regular detective but tend to be more accurate given the FBI’s greater resources, are delayed in comparison to a normal detective because of the need to interact with FBI bureaucracy. May not participate in any murders and always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Surgeon:

Functions in all respects as a Doctor, but anyone attacking the Surgeon’s protectee not only fails to kill the target, but has a 1 in 3 chance of dying in the attempt. Unlike Doctors, surgeons always register “innocent” if investigated.

Townie:

A townie has no special abilities – at least at the start. Most Townies will appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective, though 1 in 6-8 will appear “criminal” despite their innocence. If investigated by a Made, most will appear “innocent” though 1-2 in 6 will appear “unclear.” Townies may band together to kill one target per night phase, but must do so in groups of 4. If this strategy is chosen, you will appear “guilty/criminal” in subsequent investigations. Townies who have successfully accomplished 2 murders will all change roles to Wise Guy(Gal). Townies may also band together in groups of 3 to provide protection to one Townie (not in their group), functioning as a Doctor. 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die) allow them to select one of their group as a full Doctor. Each subsequent successful protection will result in another member being promoted.

Neutral Roles:

Director of the Committee of Vigilance:

On the first day phase, and then on each odd numbered day phase thereafter, the town elects the person who will direct the lynching effort. That person shall be director for the next two lynchings following their selection. [e.g. Elected Day 1, Director Day 2, Director Day 3, Elected Day 3, Director Day 4 & 5, etc.] That person will choose the lynching mode, carry out the lynching, and, in the event of a tie vote, the director will decide who among those tied for the most votes will be executed. The director can execute none, one, more, or all of those tied votees at the Director’s discretion. The Director is provided with a special goon squad to aid in the executions, and this squad also makes it impossible to kill the Director while they are in office. While directing the lynchings, the individual in question may not vote for anyone to be lynched, though they may help select the next director.

Wise Guy/Gal:

A wise guy/gal belongs to no criminal family…yet. They may be recruited by a family and start doing “wetwork” for that family; they may “go straight” functioning as a regular townie and not getting involved in crime, or they may attempt to operate in conjunction with a group of individuals sharing the same wise guy/gal role, creating their own “family.”

If investigated by a detective, the Wiseguy will appear “criminal” if they have not been involved in a killing and “guilty” if they have…even if that killing was a while back. If investigated by a made, they will appear either as “criminal” or “unclear.”

A Wiseguy becomes a “Made gangster” after having participating in 3 killings for a family and having received consent from the family Don. They may or may not be made aware of the Don’s identity, at that family’s discretion. They do assume the investigative powers of a Made gangster as well as their investigation status.

Wiseguys operating as an independent “family” have no Dons, Mades, or Lucas, and can perform only 1 killing for each 3 Wiseguys. Following their 3rd successful murder, these 3 wiseguys may choose one of their group to become a Made. Each subsequent killing will result in a further promotion.

Mafiosi Roles:

Don(na)

A Don is the leader of her/his crime “family.” Their objective is to eliminate all of the other dons in the game, and to have more members in their crime “family” than the total of innocent townies and opposing criminals, thus gaining control and becoming the “Capo de tutti Capi.” There will be 5 families: Corleone, Tataglia, Barzini, Stracchi, and Cunnio; bold for small game]

A Don normally cannot kill opponents during a “night” phase, and must work through others. Normally, however, they appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective or made, so they can camouflage themselves well. Even the FBI detective is unlikely to spot them. If the Don has lost all the other members of her/his family, they may perform 1 kill per “night” phase. However, subsequent to any such killing they will be identified as “guilty” if investigated by a detective, and “criminal” if investigated by a made.

In addition, a Don is normally protected by their Luca, making them effectively unkillable. Should her/his Luca not be functioning in “protection” mode, the Don may be killed as would any other Townie.

Luca

A Luca is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. The Luca’s objective is to protect their “Don.” This protection function is always “on” unless the Luca is undertaking other duties. The Luca is automatically aware of the identity of the family don.

A Luca does not normally kill opponents during a “night” phase, but may function as a Made gangster in this regard (no recruiting investigation), participating in a killing each night. If participating in a killing that “night,” the Luca cannot provide protection for the don. A Luca appears “criminal” if investigated by a Detective or Made, but “guilty” only on the night of a killing even if they have participated in killings before.

Made Gangster

A Made is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. Their objective is to lead up the “wet-work” efforts on behalf of their crime family, eventually controlling the town. If investigated by a Detective or another Made, a Made gangster appears “criminal.” If investigated by a Detective during a “night” phase in which the made gangster is actively involved in a killing, they appear “guilty.” In addition, a Made gangster can conduct one “recruiting” investigation per “night” phase. This investigation will determine if the individual is “criminal,” “innocent,” or “unclear.” The initial made gangster of a family is automatically aware of the identity of the family Don.

If a family Don has been killed (or never existed), the Made may become a Don provided that:

There is at least one other Made in the family.
All the other Made Gangsters in your family agree to your becoming the Don.
You did not participate directly in the killing of the previous Don.

*General notes for the mafia:

A mafia family may, during each “night” phase, make one killing for every two made gangsters or sanctioned wise guys. It need not kill its entire quota each night. This does mean that, without recruiting, no kills can be made on the first “night” except by using the Luca as a Made and teaming up with the existing Made.

Made gangster investigations – given their lack of official resources – are a little chancy. “Innocents” may be regular Townies, Detectives, or a Don. “Criminals,” will include your potential recruits, the Wise guys/gals, but will also include the Mades or Lucas of another family. “Unclear” will usually indicate a Wise guy/gal, but a few of the regular Townies with a shadier past will be included in this label as well.

Secret Roles:

At least one, and potentially more, will be included. The particulars are…well…secret.

The first iteration of Capo featured: A Serial Killer who took violent objection to anyone voting for them to be lynched; A Rogue Detective who could investigate and then act as a vigilante; and The Wolf, who was a special “investigation spoofer” for the mafia. These roles may, or may not, repeat.

All rules queries should be made and replied to in this thread. We'll keep the game thread just for play. Any required changes will be edited into this post as it will function as the rules "master."

I will also post the outline summaries for each day and night here in addition to the more "storied" version in the thread.

If you have not already done so, you are STRONGLY encouraged to go to the User CP and turn on "invisible" mode. You do not want to be strung up by your PM.

Seamus Fermanagh
01-31-2008, 23:28
Information Summary -- Beginning, Day One. [Gamestart]

Today the town must select a Director for Days 2 & 3.

Still Alive: (79) [format = name (event phase) - Role]

ajaxfetish
Alexander the Pretty Good
Andres
Beefy187
Big King Sanctaphrax
Brave Sir Robin
Caeser the III
Caius
Charge
Chimpyang
CountArach
Cowhead418
Craterus
Crazed Rabbit
Draco Leman
Drisos
Dutch guy
Elite Ferret
Evil_Maniac from Mars
FactionHeir
Fahad I
GeneralHankerchief
gibsonsg91921
Glenn
Hannibalbarc
Haudegen
Hiji
Husar
Ichigo
Ironside
JimBob
Joe Monks
johnhughthom
Jubal_Barca
Kagemusha
KamiKhaan
Killfr3nzy
Kommodus
KukriKhan
Leet Erikson
LittleGrizzly
Lord Winter
Louis VI the Fat
Lt. Pinard
Makanyane
molonthegreat
Moros
Motep
Myrrdraal
Northnovas
norwegian nerd
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Pannonian
pevergreen
Proletariat
Roadkill
Rob_the_Celt
Rythmic
sapi
Sarathos
Sasaki Kojiro
scottishranger
shlin28
Sigurd Fafnesbane
taka
The Stranger
Tiberius of the Drake
TinCow
Tran
TruePraetorian
Twilightblade
Warluster
Warmaster Horus
woad&fangs
x-dANGEr
Xdeathfire
Xehh II
Xiahou
Zorg

Attacked: (0)

Murdered: (0)

Lynched: (0)

Removed from Play: (0)

Charge
02-01-2008, 00:17
Shogun is still playing...(Same person as Fahad I)

Caius
02-01-2008, 00:37
Do we in this thread start?

TevashSzat
02-01-2008, 03:37
So my guess is that the pms have not been officially sent out right?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-01-2008, 05:39
PMs will be sent out on the morning (EST) of the 4th. Play will start later that day in the Capo thread. This is for info updates rules questions only.

Makanyane
02-01-2008, 21:09
Can I just check if I'm understanding something right (before getting role, to avoid any early lynchings)

1. In combination with 3 other townies, you can form a vigilante group (4 required) and attempt to kill one other player. More than 4 townies can work in the same group, though this does not provide any other benefit aside from participation credit. If only 2 or 3 townies participate in a kill effort, that effort automatically fails. If only 1 townie attempts a kill, that effort fails and the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of dying themselves in making the failed attempt.

So mafia scum can pretend to be townies and privately encourage townie to enter their 'vigilante' group, of which he/she might be only actual 'townie' and hence likely to die in failed attempt? :bobby2:

Seamus Fermanagh
02-02-2008, 04:27
So mafia scum can pretend to be townies and privately encourage townie to enter their 'vigilante' group, of which he/she might be only actual 'townie' and hence likely to die in failed attempt? :bobby2:

Yes.

A townie, working as part of a team of mafiosi, can function fine (at least as a supernumery). If the townie is the ONLY person to attempt the hit, then the trouble begins.

Happened twice in the early rounds of Capo-I, though neither of the townies in question got dead. They thought a group would show up to help, but nobody did. :evilgrin:

Fortunately for them, death for the accidental soloist is possible, not likely.

pevergreen
02-02-2008, 06:24
If you dont turn up however, people will ask why. Then you may be lynched :grin2:

PershsNhpios
02-02-2008, 10:50
I didn't miss it!
Oh Clemency! Thank you for your...... caring!

I will set my forum clock to this EST custom so that I can understand your strangely nocturnal habits better.
After sending this to confirm my interest, (My internet quite abruptly perished when a lighting ball travelled through the window and struck the modem next to me- no, no it is true), I shall set about reading the rules and updating myself.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-04-2008, 15:19
Initial roles have been assigned -- my thanks to random.org.

Late entrants may play -- PM me for admission -- but will be assigned townie/wiseguy roles only. Of course, in Capo, that still might leave you a mafia Don or detective at the end!

PM roles will be going out.

Play thread (a new one) will open for posting c. 1400 EST today (1900 GMT).

Players are on their honor NOT to start PMing one another until I post here that all roles have gone out OR the game thread has been opened.

Thanks!

Chimpyang
02-04-2008, 15:33
*Hoping the PM roles arrive before afternoon lectures*

But the 7pm start sounds handy, plenty of time to plot during physiology....

shlin28
02-04-2008, 20:48
It is late :embarassed:

scottishranger
02-04-2008, 21:13
So, where do we start the game/:help:

PershsNhpios
02-04-2008, 21:16
Ha ha ha, I can already hear the axes grinding!

Pannonian
02-04-2008, 21:27
You can start posting as soon as you want, but is Capo 1 is indicative, then the real action begins when the rounds of PMing begin. And as Seamus said, players should refrain from PMing until he posts the official start message here.

BTW, for Jubal, scottishranger and any other TWC players here, Capo is very different from the TWC games, in that PMs constitute a large of the game, and all players can PM at all times, not just at night. Check the rules on what is and isn't allowable to post though - screenshots and stuff that takes the uncertainty out of the game are verboten IIRC. And looking at the rules, I note that the suicide pact tactic has been ruled out as well. I wonder who the sneaky git was who thought up that game-breaker.

Can Andres move the non-Seamus posts to the game thread please? Surely this thread should be for information updates only, not run of the mill spam.

The Stranger
02-04-2008, 21:53
the real thead isnt up yet is it... so the game hasnt begun...

Seamus Fermanagh
02-04-2008, 22:35
Sorry for the delay. Miscalculated the time needed for 79 PMs. :shame:

Open in its own thread -- Capo de Tutti Capi - II -- now.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-04-2008, 23:00
Advice: CLEAN YOUR PM BOXES FREQUENTLY!

Csargo
02-04-2008, 23:02
I just did. :laugh:

Andres
02-04-2008, 23:40
Can Andres move the non-Seamus posts to the game thread please? Surely this thread should be for information updates only, not run of the mill spam.

Here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=89205) you can find the "Story/summary" thread.

This thread can be used in case you have any questions about game mechanics.

Pannonian
02-05-2008, 02:40
Can we ask GH and others about their experience in Capo 1 (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1823650&postcount=87)?

Proletariat
02-05-2008, 02:46
I think the game has changed too much since the first iteration for it to be very relevant. And he could just lie anyway.

Edit: Meant this for the game thread

Seamus Fermanagh
02-05-2008, 04:49
This newest iteration does indeed have some differences. I wanted to maintain all of the ambiguity and paranoia but close a lot of "loose ends" that threatened to unravel things last time.

So, as to querying the others about Capo 1, I suspect that a lot would depend on how the question connects to present issues....

P.S. Prole,' I do adore your pithiness.

Makanyane
02-08-2008, 07:10
I don't think it was what actually caused the confusion on the count last night, but could we put in a rule where post with vote:fred in it has to remain unedited? So if you make a mistake or change mind dp to clarify rather than edit the post.

If someone can go back and edit post 5 pages back to change vote its going to make it damn hard to figure out what current tallies are if town are trying to get double lynch!

Though getting everyone to understand / follow rule might be just as hard I suppose :wall:

Seamus Fermanagh
02-08-2008, 13:35
I thought the same thing as I went to sleep. An excellent suggestion.

Pannonian
02-08-2008, 13:40
Another suggestion: when posting tallies, put "CapoTally" and the last post to be counted before posting the votecounts, to make it easier to search for the last tally. Eg.

CapoTally as of post 1337
Seamus Fermanagh 4 (Joe, Bloggs, John, Smith)
TosaInu 2 (Ser, Clegane)
Abstained 2 (Banquo's, Ghost)

Seamus Fermanagh
02-08-2008, 14:47
Another suggestion: when posting tallies, put "CapoTally" and the last post to be counted before posting the votecounts, to make it easier to search for the last tally. Eg.

CapoTally as of post 1337
Seamus Fermanagh 4 (Joe, Bloggs, John, Smith)
TosaInu 2 (Ser, Clegane)
Abstained 2 (Banquo's, Ghost)

A fine and courteous gesture that should be made.

Pannonian
02-09-2008, 23:41
Question (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1828443&postcount=900)

If wise guys act on behalf of a mafia family, but are killed before they are fully admitted, would they count as town or mafia-aligned when the credits are totted? What if they don't do any official duties for the family (kills and such), but take the flak on the family's behalf, eg. by contacting other players, by making false reveals, etc.?

Ironside
02-10-2008, 10:57
Question (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1828443&postcount=900)

If wise guys act on behalf of a mafia family, but are killed before they are fully admitted, would they count as town or mafia-aligned when the credits are totted? What if they don't do any official duties for the family (kills and such), but take the flak on the family's behalf, eg. by contacting other players, by making false reveals, etc.?

Or are infiltrating the family for another faction (aka town or another family)?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-10-2008, 18:26
Only current survivors count for determinig mafia or town win. The dead do not.

As long as the membership is recognized by the Don, their activity level does not matter.

However, if a given person has infiltrated another family on behalf of a first family, I will ask them to whom their true allegiance is given.

PershsNhpios
02-11-2008, 11:28
I would like to know how much detail in your Night Actions summaries is politically correct enough to lynch for, and how much is pure story-telling?

Also, what are you going to do about all these inactives?
Or, as Sarathos wrote, about those who simply don't post in the thread?

Andres
02-12-2008, 16:23
Seamus, how many rounds of inactivity in the main thread before WoG occurs?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-12-2008, 18:39
No set limit. Missing 3 lynch votes is my thumb rule, but I reserve the right.

TinCow
02-14-2008, 14:53
I believe this question was asked in the main thread, but has since been lost under the piles of drama.

Can a sitting Director be lynched?

LittleGrizzly
02-14-2008, 14:55
Im pretty sure the answer was yes, but in a tie the director would simply just pick the other person as sasaki did with the stranger befoe, but then the next round sasaki was lynched.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-14-2008, 17:11
Yes a sitting Director can be lynched. They are protected at night, not from their peers in broad daylight. :evilgrin:

In fact, it happened in Capo I. Sasaki (The Wolf) was Director and tied for lynching on his first day -- he let the other chap take the "bow" -- and was a nearly unanimous choice for lynching on his second day as Director. He choreographed his own lynching so as to have himself run over by a Bandwagon. :devilish:

pevergreen
02-15-2008, 13:03
That was my favourite funny lynch.