PDA

View Full Version : Rebels

Klearchos
02-06-2008, 19:33
Hail

I have one question about the eleutheroi commanders.
I don't know if they are based in historical figures, but I think it's a bit weird they have 5-6 command stars...I mean, most of them are tribal leaders, how can they possess that high knowledge of tactics, while roman or hellenic generals(who must be more trained in that field) almost always start with 1 or none command star(s)?

Admetos
02-06-2008, 19:39
Eventhough this should be in the EB1 forum...

It makes the game more of a challenge. You have brains, the AI has lots of money and command stars.

Foot
02-06-2008, 19:45
Please post EBI questions in the EBI forum. And EBII questions in the EBII forum.

Thankyou.

Foot

Klearchos
02-07-2008, 20:02
My mistake sorry. I wanted to ask if you plan to do the same thing with EB 2, but I forgot to type it..:dizzy2:

bovi
02-08-2008, 01:33
We will indeed make EB2 challenging, but which measures to take to make it so isn't defined.

davidtotalwar
08-31-2008, 18:41
I was just wondering if you where going to make the rebels active, so they are much more of a challenge. In EB1 the rebels just stayed in their own cities just waited for you to come and kill them they were not much of a challenge.

But I noticed a few other mods have active rebels which attack other cities if they r left undefended so will you be putting that into this mod. You could also try putting permanent stone forts in the rebel territories and a few stacks of units to make them more challenging.

Strategos Alexandros
08-31-2008, 19:51
They are fairly active if you play on hard or very hard difficulty.

Tellos Athenaios
08-31-2008, 20:47
The limits of what we can and cannot do remain yet to be seen... though... Which reminds me... <_<

Smeel
09-03-2008, 18:55
[Highspeed thread Hijacking] :viking: Have you on the eb team thought anything about using one faction slot to represent some of the Pseudo-factions, exactly like Roma surrectum?

Foot
09-03-2008, 20:20
All our factions will be playable. We feel that is an important part of our ethos to pass on as much info as possible about our factions, which is only possible if they are playable.

Foot

bovi
09-03-2008, 22:00
I was just wondering if you where going to make the rebels active, so they are much more of a challenge. In EB1 the rebels just stayed in their own cities just waited for you to come and kill them they were not much of a challenge.

But I noticed a few other mods have active rebels which attack other cities if they r left undefended so will you be putting that into this mod. You could also try putting permanent stone forts in the rebel territories and a few stacks of units to make them more challenging.
You have it backwards. We have specifically made the rebels immobile through general traits to make them more of a challenge. In the unmodded game (and in most mods) the freemen will leave their cities pretty much ungarrisoned and roam around in pathetic small stacks that both you and the AI can wipe out with ease. The immobile leaders die out around 240 BC, and except for a few exceptions we don't recreate them. After their death the armies spill out in the countryside and all free cities are taken in short order. I haven't seen any improvement on this in M2TW, but I haven't played it much either.

Sarkiss
09-05-2008, 19:32
imho one of the best features in regard to eleutheroi is the script.
good example from EB1 are Sinope and Trapezous that Pontos is about to take. through the scripts independent cities brought to live. its making every eleutheroi region/city more than just yet another rebel hub, but rather represents them in more historically accurate way as a unique mini factions they are. one of the best features of EB if you ask me. would be really nice to see it expanding to cover more independents, their alliances, and connections.