PDA

View Full Version : Logfile reader

Nem
02-11-2008, 01:25
Is there a specific logfile reader for Samuri mod as I presume the old VI ones wont work? This would be most helpful for an old noob like me:yes:

Puzz3D
02-11-2008, 02:12
The TWLogBrowser_final.zip (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/Tools/TWLogBrowser_final.zip) that Polar made works. The same one used for MTW/VI.

Nem
02-11-2008, 02:27
Thx Yuuki. I take it wont work for downloaded replays only for saved replays?

Puzz3D
02-11-2008, 02:48
I didn't package up the logfiles in the replay downloads. You can see what the units are on the battlefield, and they aren't usually upgraded. You won't know the final kills for each unit, but does that matter?

Nem
02-11-2008, 03:02
Do the units still have the valour flags in Sam mod or has this been removed

Puzz3D
02-11-2008, 05:06
Valor flags are visible if someone purchases that upgrade, but if you see a unit get more small flags during a battle as a result of battlefield upgrades they don't do anything. The combat effect of battlefields upgrades was removed in MTW/VI v2.01 by LongJohn which is the version that Samurai Wars uses.

If someone makes a weapon or armor upgrade on a unit, you won't see that. These upgrades are not really worth what they cost, but +1 weapon on no-dachi might be almost worthwhile. Cost will be 650, but the unit will just win a bit faster against units it already beats.

Nem
02-11-2008, 18:20
So in short then, everything works the same as in 2.01VI just with different units.

Thanks Yuuki, your a fountain of knowledge:yes: ..................Don't suppose you know the answer to "Whats the meaning of Life" or "Why are all women barking mad" do you?

Thanks again for your help and see you Sunday for some games

Puzz3D
02-11-2008, 20:08
So in short then, everything works the same as in 2.01VI just with different units.
Yes, but we don't have the excessive fatigue problem of MTW/VI because we don't have any very slow moving units or units that take 15 minutes to use their ammo. Teppo use their ammo in 7 minutes and archers in 2.5 minutes. So, the average battle is paced between 15 and 30 minutes, although, you can occasionally get some longer battles in large team games where no one wants to make a decisive move.

Don't suppose you know the answer to "Whats the meaning of Life" or "Why are all women barking mad" do you?
Life has the meaning which you give it. Women bark a lot because they are operating in society from a position of inferiority to men which I think is due to them being physically weaker than men.

I hope you like playing the mod with its gameplay reminiscent of STW, but don't expect the team games to be at the highest level achieved in STW or MTW. This may come in time, but we'll need more players than the small group that is currently playing the mod. As far as I'm concerned players can team with whomever they want. Part of the fun is finding players who compliment your style of play, but Tosa and I may switch sides if we think one team is badly overmatched not that we're the best players because we aren't.